E-mail or call for directions.
(404) 754-3410

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 9:30am
Racing Starts: 12:00pm

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
F1 - Any chassis mods and any FET safe motor.
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each. This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track (foam mat surface)
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

AtlRC
2007.11.11, 12:58 AM
I should have a limited number of transponder tags available for $10 each.

Please let me know if you plan on coming so that I can prepare enough pit space.

Hank and Eric, I've sent you both e-mails with my address. Let me know if you got them. If anyone else needs my address, click my avatar and send me an e-mail then I'll send you back my address. You could also call me at 404-754-3410. Thanks!

Hope to see you all here!

Later,
-Patrick

pinoyboy
2007.11.11, 08:30 AM
I should have a limited number of transponder tags available for $10 each.

Please let me know if you plan on coming so that I can prepare enough pit space.

Hank and Eric, I've sent you both e-mails with my address. Let me know if you got them. If anyone else needs my address, click my avatar and send me an e-mail then I'll send you back my address. You could also call me at 404-754-3410. Thanks!

Hope to see you all here!

Later,
-Patrick

Hey Patrick, I got your email. Thanks!

Also, I still have some of your transponders, i'll make sure to return them. Sorry about that :o

russp
2007.11.11, 04:03 PM
Hey Patrick, I got your email. Thanks!

Also, I still have some of your transponders, i'll make sure to return them. Sorry about that :o

I'm not sure I can come. My car had a broken motor mount (some of the racers with the scoop bodies are just too rough on my car :-) ). In any case, I ordered this a while back from the shop:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17912&cat=367&page=1

I can't figure out how the motor is supposed to mount? They make it look like there should be 2 screw holes in the end to attach it to the mount but the stock motor has no such holes. What the heck? Does this mount require a special motor? It says nothing about it in the specs so I'm going to be angry if I just wasted money and am now out a motor mount. Anyone have any ideas here?

- Russ

russp
2007.11.11, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure I can come. My car had a broken motor mount (some of the racers with the scoop bodies are just too rough on my car :-) ). In any case, I ordered this a while back from the shop:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17912&cat=367&page=1

I can't figure out how the motor is supposed to mount? They make it look like there should be 2 screw holes in the end to attach it to the mount but the stock motor has no such holes. What the heck? Does this mount require a special motor? It says nothing about it in the specs so I'm going to be angry if I just wasted money and am now out a motor mount. Anyone have any ideas here?

- Russ

One other possibly stupid question. I also bought a diff like this:
http://www.rc-racer.nl/popup_image.php?pID=265

It came with 2 tiny washers. Its not immediately apparent to me where the washers should go. Are they supposed to go between the diff ends and the wheels? Anyone know?

Thanks,

- Russ

pinoyboy
2007.11.11, 04:39 PM
One other possibly stupid question. I also bought a diff like this:
http://www.rc-racer.nl/popup_image.php?pID=265

It came with 2 tiny washers. Its not immediately apparent to me where the washers should go. Are they supposed to go between the diff ends and the wheels? Anyone know?

Thanks,

- Russ

Yea, I think they go between the diff ends and the wheel. As for the motor mount, I think it does only work with motors that have mounting screws. If need be, I have one stock motor I drilled for mounting this way I could let you use, or i have 2 stock mid mounts you can use

russp
2007.11.11, 07:56 PM
Yea, I think they go between the diff ends and the wheel. As for the motor mount, I think it does only work with motors that have mounting screws. If need be, I have one stock motor I drilled for mounting this way I could let you use, or i have 2 stock mid mounts you can use

Ok, thanks. I guess I will just have to come early and get some help reassembling this. Oh well, I was hoping to practice before then but...

russp
2007.11.12, 07:26 AM
Ok, thanks. I guess I will just have to come early and get some help reassembling this. Oh well, I was hoping to practice before then but...

I guess this is the motor they expect you to use for this mount:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17045

These are available on ebay for about $24 delivered (shop is out). Would this be a much better motor than the stock one? Also wondering if this is legal for our stock races? It does look like it might be a worthy upgrade from stock based on the description below.

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=258&category_id=23&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

pinoyboy
2007.11.12, 07:51 AM
I guess this is the motor they expect you to use for this mount:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17045

These are available on ebay for about $24 delivered (shop is out). Would this be a much better motor than the stock one? Also wondering if this is legal for our stock races? It does look like it might be a worthy upgrade from stock based on the description below.

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=258&category_id=23&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

I think that motor is on par with the HFAY motor, but I think we are only using the stock ready set motors. If Patrick says its ok to use, then I guess we can all start using fet safe motors if you'd like to.

If thats not the case and we need to use stock motors, then this is the motor mount I use
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17887&cat=367&page=1

This is the one that works with 94mm and 98mm wheelbases. It also has adapters that can use non-drilled cans, like the stock ready set motors. I use a 98mm VDS II body now, so I might be willing to trade motor mounts if thats fine with you ;)

AtlRC
2007.11.12, 02:22 PM
We talked about using the newer motor for stock class. It would be a more convienient motor to use (rebuildable and screw in mount). However, I talked it over with a few people (I think Hank and I were evaluating it too) and we figured it was just too fast for our track layout. Stock class would not be that much (or any) different than open. The difficulty level of driving the car went up quite a bit. It's nice to have a class that runs at a bit slower pace. It can be challenging enough to get a normal "stock" class car around the track without hitting walls or other cars.

So for now, we'll stick with the Kyosho stock type motor... if during the season, we find that everyone wants to switch... then we'll switch... but my vote would be stay with the Kyosho stock type.

russp
2007.11.12, 03:45 PM
We talked about using the newer motor for stock class. It would be a more convienient motor to use (rebuildable and screw in mount). However, I talked it over with a few people (I think Hank and I were evaluating it too) and we figured it was just too fast for our track layout. Stock class would not be that much (or any) different than open. The difficulty level of driving the car went up quite a bit. It's nice to have a class that runs at a bit slower pace. It can be challenging enough to get a normal "stock" class car around the track without hitting walls or other cars.

So for now, we'll stick with the Kyosho stock type motor... if during the season, we find that everyone wants to switch... then we'll switch... but my vote would be stay with the Kyosho stock type.

Ok, so I guess I have to drill some holes. I wonder why they term it a stock motor if it's really that much faster? Probably just that you can use stock fets.

I'm a little bugged that Atomic never mentions the need for the holes in the motor on this mount but I guess I should have figured it out from the pictures. :(. I hope I can drill it without damaging it.

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.12, 06:19 PM
I'm going to do my absolute best to attend. I've got to practice Thursday night, since the last RC I've driven has a Sirio GXR.28 instead of a 130-electric. :eek:

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.12, 07:00 PM
Yes Patrick, I got the email. :cool: Hank - do you want me to bring the Radline truggy? I'd like to sell it soon. :D

pinoyboy
2007.11.12, 07:01 PM
Yes Patrick, I got the email. :cool: Hank - do you want me to bring the Radline truggy? I'd like to sell it soon. :D

umm, i don't think you have to, but maybe next time if you still have it ;)

By the way, how far away is the place you guys race your mini z's at from barret parkway? :confused:

AtlRC
2007.11.12, 08:07 PM
Ok, so I guess I have to drill some holes. I wonder why they term it a stock motor if it's really that much faster? Probably just that you can use stock fets.

I'm a little bugged that Atomic never mentions the need for the holes in the motor on this mount but I guess I should have figured it out from the pictures. :(. I hope I can drill it without damaging it.

Yeah, I was hoping that the new "stock" motor would be just slightly more powerful than the "stock" stock motor. It felt more powerful to me than my Atomic Stock motor which I have used for our open class.

hpgod
2007.11.12, 09:04 PM
Hank
do you have any damper post laying around you could measure the height of.

I am trying to mount 3racing mr02 disk damper on my mr01. The 3racing plastic damper post is 4mm short in height, What is the height of some various dmaper posts? I need a m2x12 mm screw then I can get it together but will have a large sapcer between the damper post and damper tube.

I figured I would see if it lined up and did once I added some clearance to the PN motor mount. One day I will get an mr02 to add to my lineup.

hpgod
2007.11.14, 05:43 AM
I got a test drive on my new suspension in the Mr01 last night. good. :D It handles the sweepers on the mini96 so much better. My stock car is now a my mr01 with 3 racing disk damper for a MR02.
Art

pinoyboy
2007.11.14, 05:46 AM
I got a test drive on my new suspension in the Mr01 last night. good. :D It handles the sweepers on the mini96 so much better. My stock car ins now a my mr01 with 3 racing disk damper.
Art

Sounds good! Sorry I wasn't able to get the measurements on the damper posts I have, but glad to hear you were able to get yours working.

hpgod
2007.11.14, 05:52 AM
I ended up using the spacer for my top shock (3mm long) as an additional spacer for the disk damper and had to use a longer M2x10/12 screw to tie it all together.

pinoyboy
2007.11.14, 05:56 AM
I ended up using the spacer for my top shock (3mm long) as an additional spacer for the disk damper and had to use a longer M2x10/12 screw to tie it all together.

sounds good, I'd like to see it in person during the race. I think thats the first time I've ever heard of someone using a disk damper for a mr-01

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.14, 05:17 PM
Ok gang, I have worked it out to where I can attend. Unfortunately, our ChattanoogaRC site is down for some reason, so I can't check if anyone else is going right now. I will ask at our Mini Z race tomorrow night if I'll have anyone with me. I'm really looking forward to getting back into 1/28th scale racing. :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.14, 09:17 PM
Patrick - do we need to bring our own tables and chairs? If so, I'll need to find a table that'll fit in my trunk. :o

I'll be bringing Kevin with me, so that's two Chattanooga racers coming down. :D

AtlRC
2007.11.15, 09:18 PM
Patrick - do we need to bring our own tables and chairs? If so, I'll need to find a table that'll fit in my trunk. :o

I'll be bringing Kevin with me, so that's two Chattanooga racers coming down. :D

270 horse power and no where to put stuff! Bet you're missing that VW now... not!

I should have pit space for 12 and could probably muster up some more if I need to. I wouldn't think you'd need to bring a table... up to you.

I finished my track mods last night (you'll see when you get here) and I have to go back to the basement now to finish up getting ready for the race.

See you guys Saturday...

Mzfreak
2007.11.16, 06:17 PM
hey patrick! Dude I may be able to come after like 2 years. lol. I was just thinking do you work on that gti?

My mini-zs havnt been touched forever too. Is this going on in the basement?

AtlRC
2007.11.16, 09:17 PM
hey patrick! Dude I may be able to come after like 2 years. lol. I was just thinking do you work on that gti?

My mini-zs havnt been touched forever too. Is this going on in the basement?

Haven't done much of anything to the GTI... thinking about getting a new R32 someday.

Yeah, we'll be in the basement again. Hope you can make it!

Mzfreak
2007.11.16, 09:55 PM
hey yea i see what im doing. I know Ill be working on the car tomorow. btw have i met that chad guy on here?
truereaper

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.17, 08:49 AM
Ya know Patrick, a guy at work asked my why I didn't just buy a truck. "How ya gonna haul stuff?!" Well, the Mazda is for haulin ass. I've got two Jeeps and a Dodge 3500 Dualie readily availible in my family. I can haul anything. ;)

Mzfreak
2007.11.17, 08:42 PM
yo i might just make it tomrow.

Mzfreak
2007.11.17, 09:43 PM
omg i just found out the title says saturday!!1 crap1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought sunday. i like got all my stuff all ready. crap crap.

bemoore
2007.11.18, 07:40 AM
omg i just found out the title says saturday!!1 crap1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought sunday. i like got all my stuff all ready. crap crap.
I hate it when I do that. There's another race in two weeks. Oh, well. You just got a really big head start for the next race.

pinoyboy
2007.11.18, 08:40 AM
I had fun yesterday. Glad I was able to get there a little early to tune my stock car for the track.

AWD performed pretty good too. My mod mr-02 was too fast and couldn't catch traction very well due to running foams. The awd hooked up good, but the tires went away in the later qualifiers and main. I'll have to find a diffrent setup to keep it consistant

Racing the F1s was pretty awesome. The cars are a little bigger and being open wheel, it made it more fun when making a pass or when we would get bunched up :D I think I need to take some tuning tips from Art on the F1 as his car was the fastest on the track

Mzfreak
2007.11.18, 09:49 AM
yea i bet all of you guys have fets and like $200 into your miniz lol. i havnt bought anything for mine since like 06 lol.

yea any tires i can borow? mine are crap

hpgod
2007.11.18, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Mzfreak]yea i bet all of you guys have fets and like $200 into your miniz lol. i havnt bought anything for mine since like 06 lol.

$200 no not at all,

f1 setup carbon side plate,
hard front spring, 1 degre alloy camber (wears tire even)and a atomic ball diff I have a alloy tie rod on it just because the plastic one break regularly tires kyosho 30 fronts 20 rears

For fetts no we set the limit at the current stock fets of 3010, older cars like my mr01 had a 3004 fets

Mzfreak
2007.11.18, 12:46 PM
ha well i got an mr01 almost fully moded. and amr02 with soem suspension stuff

pinoyboy
2007.11.18, 12:49 PM
ha well i got an mr01 almost fully moded. and amr02 with soem suspension stuff

You don't need to spend too much to have a good car for stock class. I went back to a stock gear diff and it works great. Also, not using much alloy keeps costs and weight down. I was thinking about going back to a stock mid mount, but it was obvious that the motor was getting too hot and started to slow down with one.

Mzfreak
2007.11.18, 01:11 PM
heres mine

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/azt345/DSC01472.jpg

my mr01 minus turbo.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h159/azt345/Random_Picsized.jpg

pinoyboy
2007.11.18, 03:38 PM
I'm excited to say I saw a ferrari 360 and a gallardo convertible in one day from stone mountain to kennesaw :p :D . I've never been around them alot, but the gallardo was really loud on the highway. The 360 was also pretty loud when he gave it some gas. Sorry, just had to tell somebody :p Anyways, heres a pic
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/VDSmr-02f1ma-010008.jpg

AtlRC
2007.11.18, 03:46 PM
Hey guys... been busy today and now on my way to see "The Police"... I'll try to post results after I get back. It was great! Hope everyone had fun!

-Patrick

bemoore
2007.11.18, 09:36 PM
Hey guys... been busy today and now on my way to see "The Police"... I'll try to post results after I get back. It was great! Hope everyone had fun!

-Patrick
Hmmm. That's different. Usually when I head out I try to avoid seeing the police. :D

wsaenotsock
2007.11.18, 09:52 PM
Had a great time Patrick, very nice track you've built. Will need to get there earlier next time to tune both cars. Both were a handful to drive. The AWD never felt right the whole day and fittingly broke in the main. I think I turned some pretty quick laps in stock when I wasn't running into everything. Looking forward to the next race!

AtlRC
2007.11.19, 10:02 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/111707-StockAMain.htm)

Stock B-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/111707-StockBMain.htm)

Open A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/111707-OpenAMain.htm)

F1 A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/111707-F1AMain.htm)

I will start the points sheet and post when ready.

usaserres
2007.11.25, 08:16 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I could not make it yesterday. I had to go to Charlotte to bring my daughter to a national cross country meet.

I had a question: I was looking into buying an additional car for my collection and bumped into the Firelap 2.0 rtr. Do you know anything about this car. The radio looks really good (almost like the MX-AM) and the car looks good...for half the price of the Kyosho. Do yo know if it has reverse also?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Denis

AtlRC
2007.11.25, 10:53 PM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I could not make it yesterday. I had to go to Charlotte to bring my daughter to a national cross country meet.

I had a question: I was looking into buying an additional car for my collection and bumped into the Firelap 2.0 rtr. Do you know anything about this car. The radio looks really good (almost like the MX-AM) and the car looks good...for half the price of the Kyosho. Do yo know if it has reverse also?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Denis

Hey Denis,

You didn't miss yesterday... we raced last week, and our next race is this coming Saturday (Dec 1st). Hope your daughter did well, and I hope you can make it next Saturday. My daughter is hoping that Mia can make it some time too.

I believe the Firelap is a rip off of the Mini-Z. If I'm correct, it's not too bad of a car. Shaun raced one with us and did very well. I-Waver's "non" Firelap car (their own design) in my opinion is not worth buying. I had a couple and sent them back. I think the radio is the same on all the models. It looks and sounds really nice, but the quality is bad... very cheap plastic. Their cars do have reverse (and I believe brakes too). I'd probably spend my money on a used Mini-Z before buying a cheaper I-Waver. The I-Waver bodies seam to be pretty nice and are very durable.

Hope you can make it Saturday! Come early to practice and bring Mia if you can.

-Patrick

usaserres
2007.11.26, 10:27 AM
Thanks Man! I will do my best to come this Saturday and bring Mia!

I also decided to try that Firelap 2.0. So if I get it this week I'll bring it over.

Denis