PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

lsarccc
2007.11.13, 07:06 AM
Guys - it was great to meet you on Sunday, I look forward to making the trip again (probably bring some more guys to spread the petrol cost...).

Just reading forums and soaking up as much understanding as I can before I have a pre Christmas splurge on bits & pieces.

Arthur

Jonny
2007.11.13, 07:43 AM
That's quite alright Arthur, please bring along who you like. We understand the cost! We'll split into heats to accomodate the extras, no problem there.

December is our Endurance special, so there will be rules/guidelines posted very soon.

Anything you need, just let me know.

Jonny

lsarccc
2007.11.13, 12:39 PM
Yes, I see where you're from Jonny - fair play - I can imagine you know the cost :)

I have 18 kids from a youth group coming to my track on Thursday I'm running a racing event for them... wish me luck!

I'll try and show for the endurance event.

Very friendly club, thanks for all the offers of help.

Jonny
2007.11.14, 02:34 AM
Yes, I see where you're from Jonny - fair play - I can imagine you know the cost :)

I have 18 kids from a youth group coming to my track on Thursday I'm running a racing event for them... wish me luck!

I'll try and show for the endurance event.

Very friendly club, thanks for all the offers of help.

Wow, that's some attendance to manage. I hope they all have a great time with these cars. Let us know how the event goes!

I made a post the other day on your own lsarccc club thread about Sunday, I don't know if you saw it?

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26377

Certainly hope you can attend the endurance with/without an extra driver(s)

Jonny

lsarccc
2007.11.15, 04:09 PM
Ah no you're right I hadn't spotted that reply - cheers, I'll reply and bump the thread back up in a few days ;)

Well we had 17 kids show and it was chaos and fun in equal measure - loads of interest in the cars. I really think running this kind of thing is the way forward to promote the hobby and build the club up with members.

Tell Brian I ran 3 heats 6 + 6 + 5, two rounds of qualy and A,B + C finals. We started at 6.30 and the podium was out and prizes given out by 8.45 :eek: They loved it.

The iWavers performed faultlessly - yes you heard me... faultlessly!! I had a servo saver self destruct but I knew the old style one was rubbish, I have a few from the 02M car coming from toyeast - those work much better.

I'm working on the endurance mate...

Jonny
2007.11.15, 05:04 PM
I'm really glad things went well for you Arthur, great co-ordination there! Let's hope things just keep on getting better for the scale :D

It's also good to hear the Iwaver's went well. Like we said when you get them right, you get them right. The old IW02 solid 'saver' eh? I guess the M version actually springs apart like it should?

'Working on the Endurance'? Now does that mean you're still thinking or actually planning ;) Perhaps a stress test of the Iwaver to see how it performs on a long run?

Jonny

lsarccc
2007.11.16, 03:17 AM
We had a display of other cars Nitro 1/8th, Monster trucks, Touring car etc and interestingly most of the questions were about 1/28th - I think my name will be mud with some of the parents - I think their kids Christmas list just got longer... Also, about a third of them were girls and a few of them did really well with about half the podium spaces taken up by girls - as the guy helping me said after, very few of the boys actually listened to the instruction and consequently didn't do as well as they could.

Yes the M servo saver is a neat little properly sprung thing and the tension in it seems just right with no slop. I just learnt toyeast are out of stock though. I have 6 new 02M cars coming so they'll tide me over.

I did a quick how to on it here: Putting an 02M servo saver on a 02 car (http://lsarccc.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=64&func=view&id=24&catid=29)

As for working on it - well I think the radio issues I had can be overcome but the speed of the servo needs to be addressed on a narrower RCP track. I do have some mini servos (I fly park flyer rc planes too) but the 02 is 4 wire to the servo (02M is normal 3 wire and plug) and I'd have to go ripping the board out of the servo. I think my best bet is to acquire a decent MR02 of the spec we discussed on Sunday.

Jonny
2007.11.16, 04:44 AM
That's good to hear with the girls taking part and even better taking some podiums! Gina will be pleased to hear that :) Very interesting observation about the listening to instruction thing with the boys too, boys eh:rolleyes:

Again, more interest in the 1/28th is nice. I guess the size and convenience of the little car is very appealing to the youngsters, as we have found here. The only worries I have when introducing people to the Iwaver brand of course is the niggly problems. I know Brian buys them and fiddles to sort anything before the kids take delivery but I do cringe when someone says 'I'll pick one up', as I don't want to start having to defend the product immediately!

A faster servo apparently is a good way to go with that particular car, I knew it was sluggish having driven on RCP but didn't realise that it wouldn't be so apparent on a larger sweeping track. I guess it varies on where you drive and what you are used to beforehand and I suppose having driven Mini Z's on RCP for a long time it was a much worse feel for me off the bat.

I've finally signed up to LSARCCC, better late than never :o I'll try to help out where I can if needed.

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2007.11.16, 07:30 AM
i wouldnt mind getting hold of one of the newer iw's and having a fiddle,could you mail me on where you get yours,or perhaps order one for me if you get them in bulk?

lsarccc
2007.11.16, 01:25 PM
So far the only time I've had a problem with the iWavers is when I've raced with Kyoshos! Just iWavers on their own and they seem to do just what they are supposed to do - if you had seen how the kids were hammering them last night! :eek:

The Firelap transmitter is a different story I don't have a great opinion of them!

My experience when racing the iWaver 02 on the Prima Duo racing carpet is the first thing you'll do is replace the rear tyres, the second thing is turn down the steering rate to 40% on the transmitter. So the servo is travelling a much shorter distance lock to lock on my track, on RCP I had to bang the rate back up and I guess that exacerbates the situation.

Hi Matt, let me see if there are any additional costs ;) getting these cars into the country and I'll get intouch with a decent price see if you want one of mine. The way toyeast works is they confirm availability and cost but they only hold that stock for a couple of days, I was a bit late confirming the order and they've obviously sold my servo savers to someone else :( But the 6 cars are coming and Edmond has tested them for me before they were packed so I'm looking forward to getting them pretty soon.