PDA

View Full Version : 3Racing Overland Shocks

RussF
2007.11.26, 01:12 PM
Has anybody tried these? What are your experiences?
http://i7.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/af/d0/c25b_1.JPG

I am going to be racing on RCP track with small jumps and would like something that would offer good dampening without alot of bouncing on landings. Here is a pdf (http://www.3racing.com.hk/manuals/KZ-03.jpg) of an exploded view. They look nice but I'm more interested in performace, and overall quality.

Tinytacohead
2007.11.29, 11:29 PM
I don't have them on a Mini-Z, but I have the Micro-T version, on my Micro-T. They're awesome! The only real issue is they tend to leak because there's no seal under the shock cap. People have remedied that with a teeny O-ring, or some RTV or small piece of cardboard or something along those lines. So far I just fill them back up every so often, since it only takes a few drops. That's something else, when they arrive, check to make sure they're full. It's likely that they will only have a little oil remaining in them. They're the best mod out there for the T, as far as handling goes though. I love em! :D

EMU
2007.11.30, 03:17 AM
On the OL they have a shorter travel than the Kyosho, and a slightly lower ride height. I have almost no bounce in my OL, although it has been a very long time since I have used it.

Tinytacohead
2007.11.30, 03:25 AM
On the OL they have a shorter travel than the Kyosho, and a slightly lower ride height. I have almost no bounce in my OL, although it has been a very long time since I have used it.

How long are they for the OL? I wonder if you could limit the travel on some Micro-T ones and use them? They really do put the T on a whole different level. :)

briankstan
2007.11.30, 10:46 AM
as we discussed last night, these are what I run on my OL. they are a great choice for the price.

Remeber with the hummer body you will need to notch the back for clearance. :cool:

575racer
2007.12.04, 02:36 PM
im getting a set for xmas with my overland f150. did you say they lowered the ride height (sorry if nooby question)

Tinytacohead
2007.12.04, 03:41 PM
im getting a set for xmas with my overland f150. did you say they lowered the ride height (sorry if nooby question)

Yep, that's what EMU said. If it were me I'd ask 3R or a distributor like TheToyz or somebody the length of both the Micro-T's oil filled shocks & Overland and see how close they are..

575racer
2007.12.16, 04:04 AM
it looks like i wont get my overland for a while:( so you can take out oil etc. like on the 1/10 scale cars to make the shocks softer? do they come wiht the oil, i noticed the box is big enough for
sorry for hijacking your thread

Tinytacohead
2007.12.16, 04:00 PM
it looks like i wont get my overland for a while:( so you can take out oil etc. like on the 1/10 scale cars to make the shocks softer? do they come wiht the oil, i noticed the box is big enough for
sorry for hijacking your thread

The Micro-T shocks come with oil, though I found it a bit thin for my tastes. Looked/felt like about 20w or so. I ended up emptying them and using some other shock oil I had around.

d_irawan
2007.12.28, 01:42 AM
which one is the best, 3Racing or Atomic oil shocks??

wight
2008.05.17, 12:34 PM
May be slightly irrelevant but they look the same as the mr02 version but with ball cup instead.Are they essentially the same shock?Could I use these on an mr02/15 by just changing the ball cup?