PDA

View Full Version : Hours for Dec.1st

Old Crow
2007.11.27, 07:02 PM
May be able to make it on Saturday, what time does practice, then racing start ? What Mini-z classes will be running ?

Thank you

HobbyShopOwner
2007.11.28, 01:05 PM
May be able to make it on Saturday, what time does practice, then racing start ? What Mini-z classes will be running ?

Thank you

Hey Old Crow,

Thanks for your interest in racing with us this weekend.

As for our schedule kids start racing at 6:30 pm. They will be finished and then the adults will start racing between 7pm and 7:30.

Right now the main classes are:

MR-02 Open Class
NASCAR spec class

If you have a F1 Car you might want to bring it there are a few guys that are trying to get it going.

You can practice any time before 7:30. I suggest you come a little early to practice only because many of the people who come to race with us from out of town never have raced on a banked track and they say it takes some getting use to.

We look forward to meeting you. Let us know what time you might be arriving.
Have a great week.

Spoon
2007.11.28, 01:12 PM
You can practice any time before 7:30. I suggest you come a little early to practice only because many of the people who come to race with us from out of town never have raced on a banked track and they say it takes some getting use to.

Yeah...I've heard some first timers at Maj's say something like that. ;)

It seems like the key is to keep your speed on the bank and get a feel for the entry/exit points for the bank. Oh yeah, you actually have to mange the technical infield too. A nice punchy motor seems to help with that.

Old Crow
2007.11.28, 04:13 PM
Sounds good, thanks.

HobbyShopOwner
2007.11.28, 04:25 PM
Sounds good, thanks.

Spoon,

Makes the flat tracks seem easier doesnt it.

Old Crow,

Spoon is right. Stay with throttle any time your on the bank and your good. As soon as you let go it sucks you in. Doesnt have to be full throttle at all times but some throttle.

I will not be there my self until late in the evening but Maj and the rest of the gang will be there.

See you soon.

SaiTam
2007.11.28, 06:16 PM
Your car needs plenty of steering travel for this track.

Mind you the track is a little bumpy than usual RCP on the floor.

AD Band helps eliminate glitching at the track.

bermbuster
2007.11.30, 04:04 PM
The racing gets better and better each night I go to MAJs....
The koolest thing is the really fast guys help everyone....
Im looking forward to this Sat night for sure..... :D