PDA

View Full Version : Atomic F1 Ball Diff rubs tire?

AtlRC
2007.11.29, 02:10 PM
I bought the Atomic F1 ball diff (w/titanium shaft). When I put on the wheel next to the spur gear, the side of the tire rubs the gear. Am I missing something here? The diff appears to be assembled correctly. I first thought that they may have mistakenly put an MR02 ball diff in the F1 ball diff package… but it appears to be different from my MR02 ball diffs. Any ideas? Thanks!

hpgod
2007.11.29, 02:54 PM
I bought the Atomic F1 ball diff (w/titanium shaft). When I put on the wheel next to the spur gear, the side of the tire rubs the gear. Am I missing something here? The diff appears to be assembled correctly. I first thought that they may have mistakenly put an MR02 ball diff in the F1 ball diff package… but it appears to be different from my MR02 ball diffs. Any ideas? Thanks!

Patrick
Make sure the offset rib on the spur gear is to the inside. Its tight but there is a small gap, check the tire if it is seated properly on the rim If its not it will rub also.

AtlRC
2007.11.29, 05:31 PM
Patrick
Make sure the offset rib on the spur gear is to the inside. Its tight but there is a small gap, check the tire if it is seated properly on the rim If its not it will rub also.

The offset rib is to the outside. This is how it came assembled from the factory. I figured that if I switched it, that would probably work... however my pinion would not be in line with the spur... but duh... I'm sure I can adjust that. I just figured it was put together properly from the factory and that I must have been doing something wrong. So I guess the factory should have assembled it with the rib to the inside.

Thanks!