PDA

View Full Version : Germany Endurance 2008.

Neomax
2007.11.29, 06:35 PM
Where abouts is Oberkirch? as there are 3 Oberkirch's in Germany?!?!?
Anyone know the exact address, for a search?

Jonny
2007.11.29, 06:39 PM
Where abouts is Oberkirch? as there are 3 Oberkirch's in Germany?!?!?
Anyone know the exact address, for a search?
Of course,

The full address is:

Esperantostr. 15 b
Oberkirch

And to be fairly precise on Google Earth:

48.32.15.63 N - 8.04.06.23 E

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2007.11.29, 08:03 PM
might aswell confirm ive booked 3 tickets via ryanair for 33.00 all in :eek:

Jonny
2007.11.30, 04:09 AM
Glad you have your tickets finally booked Matt, how did you get £33.00? It looks like £20 return per person at the moment? That's what we paid last year but we did pay a lot more this year to make sure we got the seats.

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2007.11.30, 04:17 AM
.1p + taxes there,1.00 return :D

Programmers
2007.11.30, 04:25 AM
From and to what airports, Matt?

Jonny
2007.11.30, 04:34 AM
.1p + taxes there,1.00 return

The flights are 1p each way and with the taxes works out £20 per person return.

From and to what airports, Matt?
From London Stansted to Karlsruhe Baden Tom. Matt will have hit the sack by now. Have you changed your mind about going now?

As an edit, now the MZR forums have come back from their daily downtime, I've msg'd both you and Mal as it seems you still don't have the info. I've got our paperwork out and double checked and the flights are correct which are being offered. I'm still not sure where Matt got that price from, so we'll have to wait for him to resurface! Now is the time to book those flights, that's the cheapest they'll ever be..!

Jonny

Programmers
2007.11.30, 05:31 AM
I've not changed my mind unless I can find a pretty damn cheap way of getting there and back.

Jonny
2007.11.30, 05:35 AM
I've not changed my mind unless I can find a pretty damn cheap way of getting there and back.
Cheap way there and back? Do you mean the flights still? Those flights are only working out at £20 return now. Or are there other concerns still?

MSN'd you but I don't know if you have access.

Jonny

byebye
2007.11.30, 07:27 AM
Awesome guys!!! The English will establish a place in the 12 hour enduro. Keep me posted.

Kris

Jonny
2007.11.30, 07:36 AM
Awesome guys!!! The English will establish a place in the 12 hour enduro. Keep me posted.

Kris
Kris, these were the guys I'd already confirmed to you that were going a long while back to make up Team SRUK. I've updated you on Mk2 and Nobby's entry to Team International as you know.

We just had the SRUK forum for any chat before, whereas it's now offline for a while - don't tell me you haven't been keeping up with the club ;) :D

I hope people can finally get themselves sorted with a short time to go. I'm always on the end of Messenger for help and advice as everybody knows.

Jonny

Programmers
2007.11.30, 10:56 AM
My only concern was cost, Jon Jon. For that price - as long as I don't have to pay for lodging, ect, ect then I should be able to go.

mk2kompressor
2007.11.30, 12:58 PM
kris,we'll damn well try our best :D

heres the flight info.(insurance 7.00gbp per head) :)

GOING OUTFrom London Stansted(STN) to Karlsruhe Baden Baden(FKB)Fri, 04Jan08 Flight FR9772 Depart STN at 07:00 and arrive FKB at 09:30

COMING BACKFrom Karlsruhe Baden Baden(FKB) to London Stansted(STN)Mon, 07Jan08 Flight FR9775 Depart FKB at 21:35 and arrive STN at 22:00

PAYMENT DETAILS*********3.03 GBP Adult********35.97 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges*********0.00 GBP
Aviation / WCHR Levy*********0.00 GBP
Insurance********21.00 GBP

60.00 GBP Total Paid TRAVEL INSURANCEPlease retain this statement as evidence of purchase.

we'll have to sneak you into our hotel tom :p

Neomax
2007.11.30, 02:49 PM
What hotel are you staying at Matt, and how far is the airport from the event destination?

Edit:
are there any arangments for meeting up before the flight and stay-overs and such? what about B+Bs at Stanstead, costs etc, any info would be great, got to go out, will catch up later.

Jonny
2007.11.30, 04:48 PM
Just a quick one regarding somewhere to stay, I spoke to the organiser today and he's said that you guys can stay at the hall, so that can ease some pressure! If anyone that wants to do that let me know and also let me know what day you are staying to, I'll see how long the hall will be open. If you stay after the event on the Sunday and also the Monday, that may be a problem as I believe everyone goes home on the Sunday and it shuts up shop. But give me numbers if you will be staying the extra day until Monday and I'll see what the situation is.

The hotel we've booked is about 10 mins away in Oberkirch and is called the Gasthof Ochsen. Rooms are about £40 per night for a double, Matt can probably let you know the single cost. (Unless he's sleeping right with Nobby :p)

The airport is approx 1 hour away I think but we were doing up to 150mph on the Autobahn there last time, so I may have misjudged! It's Baden Baden Airpark though, if you want to check it out on the net.

Jonny

Jonny
2007.11.30, 04:51 PM
kris,we'll damn well try our best :D

heres the flight info.(insurance 7.00gbp per head) :)

GOING OUTFrom London Stansted(STN) to Karlsruhe Baden Baden(FKB)Fri, 04Jan08 Flight FR9772 Depart STN at 07:00 and arrive FKB at 09:30

COMING BACKFrom Karlsruhe Baden Baden(FKB) to London Stansted(STN)Mon, 07Jan08 Flight FR9775 Depart FKB at 21:35 and arrive STN at 22:00

PAYMENT DETAILS*********3.03 GBP Adult********35.97 GBP Taxes, Fees & Charges*********0.00 GBP
Aviation / WCHR Levy*********0.00 GBP
Insurance********21.00 GBP

60.00 GBP Total Paid TRAVEL INSURANCEPlease retain this statement as evidence of purchase.

we'll have to sneak you into our hotel tom :p
Matt, we'll have to speak about those details, I still can't work out how those prices stack up?

I've just looked again and it still works out £20 per head + the £7 travel insurance and booking fee?

Jonny

Neomax
2007.11.30, 08:35 PM
Hey Jonny, yeah i would be fine staying at the hall, and i'm sure Tom would be the same assuming he changed his mind and comes.
I would be looking to stay there Fri, Sat and Sun, and be looking to head home on the Monday, so if we could come to some arrangment with them to stay Sunday night and leave monday that would be great, thank you.
I assume we would need to take things like sleeeping bags?! guessing this is a hall as in a big open room and not any sort of accomodation, cubicals/office of any sort to sleep in?

ALSO, Matt, if i was to post my poorly car to you could you please fix it for me :( ?

lol i killed it :p

Jonny
2007.11.30, 08:57 PM
I'll get confirmation on the Sunday night,however other nights will be fine. You did guess right, there is the large track room,plus the pit room, a small store room and another small scale crawler track room plus the bathroom! There will be quite a lot staying there but there will be plenty of room. You will need a blanket or something at the least and some type of pillow/cushion or even jumper will do. It wasn't cold in the night last time though. We did go prepared for worse than we found.

Jonny

Programmers
2007.12.01, 11:55 AM
Matt, £60 for one person? You originally said 33 all in didn't you? :S

Jonny
2007.12.01, 12:48 PM
Matt, £60 for one person? You originally said 33 all in didn't you? :S
Tom, go to www.ryanair.com and go through the process to check your cost. It works out £20 return per person as I mentioned above. Insurance on top is £7 and £7 if you want to take a suitcase in the hold. There's also a booking fee of about £4 per card transaction but if you book with Mal, you'll only pay that once of course. Matt's figures were different as he's not sure whether there was some kind of offer once he went to the checkout but he thinks he may not have been charged the return taxes.

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.01, 04:00 PM
Excellent, thanks jonny.
I'm looking at a single airbed at asda, it has a built in pump so no need for messing about, that with a sleeping bag should be fine....

@Tom, you could give me your money and i'll pay them both together on my card if you like?
All we need to sort is either somewhere to stay the night before flight, or getting there in time for the flight via either train or car, if we go car i will need somewhere to keep it for the time we are away, ideally not a carpark as that will increase costs... any ideas of somewhere i could leave the car jonny while in Germany?

mk2kompressor
2007.12.01, 04:03 PM
you could drive to mine,leave it outside and get the train?

ive moved mal,will send you a mail for my new addy,what happened to the z?

Jonny
2007.12.01, 07:52 PM
Excellent, thanks jonny.
I'm looking at a single airbed at asda, it has a built in pump so no need for messing about, that with a sleeping bag should be fine....

any ideas of somewhere i could leave the car jonny while in Germany?
Yes that airbed would be ideal for the stay. In regards to parking, we are taking ours and leaving it at the secure airport offsite park, which is £30 for the 4 days. Kris and I both left our cars there last time and they were fine.

When I first said about yourself and Tom going to Germany aswell, I offered that everyone would be welcome to come to us the night before, which is still open. Matt, Nobby and Chris are going to come on Thursday night to our place and we're sharing the cost this side. If you want to drive here and share the cost with Tom then split the parking 3 ways aswell with Chris he's perfectly happy with doing that. Then you'd just need travel to the CRC and back to the airport once in Germany.

How does that sound to you guys?

Jonny

Programmers
2007.12.02, 07:30 AM
Sounds good to me! I'll get in touch with Mal aboot our tickets.

Jonny
2007.12.02, 07:55 AM
Sounds good to me! I'll get in touch with Mal aboot our tickets.
Check out www.hertz.com and input 'FKB' for the airport code. You can see the list of cars there starting at £78 for the 4 days. Otherwise I'm sure there are taxi's but I can't help you there.

By the way, Gina and I booked the extra day on the Monday to do some sightseeing. The CRC is likely closed Sunday night for people going back to work. I'm waiting on confirmation on that. In that case you may need a hotel room, I don't know single room prices but ours was around £45 per night for a double I believe, I can help you out on details for that also.

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.03, 08:52 AM
ok, so much to reply to, help me if i miss any out,
@jonny. Staying at yours would be a great help if that would be ok.
Me and Tom spliting petrol costs to yours shouldn't be too much either, and Me, Tom and Chris split the £30 parking at the airport secure site sounds good to me also (if that is wat you meant?).
Any ideas how far the CRC is from the airport?
And any ideas how far the CRC is from the hotel that you guys are staying at?

@Tom. If necessary we could bunk up in a double if it would be cheaper, i'll have a single airbed with me so you can have the bed and i'll take the floor. (well that's what we'll tell them lot .... 'wink' 'wink')...lol

As the hiring a car, i'd be up for that if we can spread the cost a little, would you two (Tom and Chris) be up for sharing it and i'll be our taxi driver for the weekend?

P.S. interview for passprt on Wednesday so should be with me about 5 days after that...Laters guys.

Jonny
2007.12.03, 09:29 AM
ok, so much to reply to, help me if i miss any out,
@jonny. Staying at yours would be a great help if that would be ok.
Me and Tom spliting petrol costs to yours shouldn't be too much either, and Me, Tom and Chris split the £30 parking at the airport secure site sounds good to me also (if that is wat you meant?).
Any ideas how far the CRC is from the airport?
And any ideas how far the CRC is from the hotel that you guys are staying at?

Not a problem if you want to do that rather than travelling from yours straight to the airport on Friday morning.

Yes you got it exactly re: splitting costs, Chris said to me that he would be quite happy to do that for parking.

From the airport to the CRC, it's approx 52km so only 40 mins or so. The Gasthof Ochsen is literally only 2 mins by car from the CRC :cool:

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.03, 12:10 PM
Ahh, so at 52km its going to be worth having a hirecar then, as taxis there and back and travelling in between will soon amount to more than £78 between the three of us.
I assume The Gasthof Ochsen is the name of the hotel?

So to summerise costs: (all are approx, but if anything a little over to be on the safe side ;) )

Petrol to Southend on Sea and to airport and back home again (Me and Tom only) £50 (£25 each)

Off site airport carpark £30 ( 3 ways £10 each)

Flights, all in £30 each

Hotel for one night (double) £50 (Me and Tom £25 each)

Hire car £80 (call it £100 including petrol for getting about, split it 3 ways (if you guys are up for a hire car) would be about £33 each)

I think that is everything, so not including food and spending money i reckon that up to about £123 each for me and Tom, and of all that Chris would be £10 car park and £33ish for hirecar, so around the £40 ballpark for you Chris (like i say rounding up for safety sake ;) )

Hows that sound guys?

Please post if you see something i missed!

@Matt. yeah i forgot to say about my car, i tried to fit the FETS and it went well..ish... but it wouldn't go backwards, so i took them off and tried again, this time when i turned it on, one of the steering FETS smoked, got a little bubble on it, so i quickly took out the batteries and checked it over, i found a little solder had bridged the steering FETS, i cleaned that off and tried powering it up again, this is as far as i have got as when i tried powering it up i held my thumb on the steering FETS and they get really hot, REALLY quick (about 5 seconds) so i turned it off again and thought.....call Matt!! i dont want to **** it up completly so could you try and sort it for me please?
I'm very sure i havent killed anything except possibly a steering FET, i think it just needs the FETS fitting by someone with more experience, i.e. you...lol
And maybe/maybe not, the FETS you gave me might need replacing again if i screwed them up aswell.
As long as you can repair it for less than buying a new board i'll be happy.
Let me know your thoughts!

Programmers
2007.12.03, 01:00 PM
Sounds fantastic Mal - Especially the double bed part, LOL!!

I personally wouldn't mind sleeping at the hall, dunno about you?? Those air beds seem easier, lol.

mk2kompressor
2007.12.03, 01:12 PM
just send it down mal,it will be alot cheaper than a new ep,ive got new steering fets and more 3010's if needed,go on msn and ill sort you the addy :)

Jonny
2007.12.03, 02:45 PM
Cost estimate sounds right to me, that should easily get you guys through the whole trip.

Yes the Gasthof Ochsen is the hotel that is under 1km away.

I would actually recommend a hotel for at least one night to be honest, with a shower and especially a decent breakfast included :D

Jonny

BmwM3_Evo
2007.12.03, 06:19 PM
Mal, all sounds great to me :).

If the hotels are just a short distance away, ill show Matt something shiny and steal his room key :D. I might look into getting a room, but you did say it was absolutely fine for me to stay in the club didnt you Jonny?

Neomax
2007.12.03, 06:35 PM
That sounds great Tom and Chris, We can stay in the club but NOT on Sunday night as there is no-one there, we will need a hotel for Sunday night and the one that everyone else is staying at sounds fine to me!
Monday will be a good day for pottering about and sight-seeing as the return flight isn't untill something like 9pm, so we'll have plenty of time to look around. I should hopfully be able to get hold of a SAT NAV too for the journey.

@Matt, thanks, i'll sign on now and see if your online.

Programmers
2007.12.03, 07:14 PM
We're staying Monday?

Jonny
2007.12.03, 07:17 PM
Just to let you know, I have an update for you all. I'll contact each of you privately.

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2007.12.03, 07:49 PM
im at work mal,ill mail it to you in the am :)
news jonny,is it important? ill ring you if your still up?

Neomax
2007.12.04, 03:33 PM
@Tom, we'll be coming back on Monday at around 9pm.

Jonny messaged me about the changes, not posting them in here, but has everyone got the message from Jonny yeah?

Oh and one really quite MAJOR thing.... guys we dont have a car organised!!!!!! OMG.

We are going to need some input from Chris, Tom, Gina, pretty quick as this is obviously something we NEED to sort out A.S.A.P.

Also with the new changes to the team i'm assuming (please forgive the assumptions) that i will be mechanic? i'm happy with this but i will need to know so i can organise a toolkit and bits, may need some help from you guys with carrying some stuff as there will be a 20kg weight limit on flight, i wont need much by way of clothing but i'll need more than one pair of undies though...lmao!

@Jonny, any chance we can get a private thread in here so we can disscuss stuff race related please?
Also what about restrictions on any equipment that we'll be taking, i assume batteries are ok on the flight and other stuff like that?!?! i
I know there are fluid restrictions, anyone know where i can see info about what is and isn't allowed on flight?
There were more questions but i forgot...lol they'll follow later.

Jonny
2007.12.04, 03:55 PM
@Jonny, any chance we can get a private thread in here so we can disscuss stuff race related please?
Also what about restrictions on any equipment that we'll be taking, i assume batteries are ok on the flight and other stuff like that?!?! i
I know there are fluid restrictions, anyone know where i can see info about what is and isn't allowed on flight?
There were more questions but i forgot...lol they'll follow later.
A private thread on here, I certainly can't set that up I'm afraid but I have sorted something out for you. If you're about, MSN me and I'll give you the details personally.

Here's the necessary terms on Ryanair. We are good to go, the only things that you need to worry about in my opinion are sharp or pointed objects. Tools will have to be put into a suitcase in the hold and not in hand luggage. Have you paid extra to take a suitcase or only hand luggage by the way?

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php?notice=060811-UK-EN&view=email
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.04, 04:06 PM
havent paid yet as i need 100% confirmation from Tom that he is going so i can get the tickets, but i will be paying the extra for a case though.
I'll call Tom and then MSN you after i have the confirmation.

Neomax
2007.12.04, 04:30 PM
Sorry to doulble post guys but this is really important, we can't carry guns on the flight!!!
Or anything i've pasted below from Ryanair's website!!!

Sorry guys, you have to leave your lasers at home too, along with ray guns also.... :p

Prohibited Articles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passengers are not permitted to carry the following articles into the security restricted area and the cabin of an aircraft:

Guns, Firearms & Weapons; any object capable, or appearing capable, of discharging a projectile or causing injury, including:

all firearms (pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, etc.) Replica and imitation firearms, Component parts of firearms (excluding telescopic sighting devices & sights), air pistols, rifles and pellet guns. Signal flare pistols, Starter pistols, Toy guns of all types, ball bearing guns, industrial bolt and nail guns, cross bows, catapults, harpoon and spear guns, Animal humane killers, stun or shocking devices, e.g. cattle prods, ballistic conducted energy weapons (laser), lighters shaped like a firearm.

Pointed/edged Weapons & Sharp Objects; pointed or bladed articles capable of causing injury, including:
axes & hatches, arrows and darts, crampons (grappling iron, hooked bar of iron, or plate with iron spikes used in mountaineering), harpoons & spears, ice axes & ice picks, ice skates, lockable or flick knives with blades of any length, knives, including ceremonial, religious and hunting knives, made of metal or any other material strong enough to be used as a potential weapon, meat cleavers, machetes, open razors and blades (excluding safety or disposable razors with blades enclosed in cartridge), sabres, swords and swordsticks, scalpels, scissors with blades of any length, ski and walking/hiking poles, throwing stars, tradesman's tools that have the potential to be used as a pointed or edged weapon, e.g. drills and drill bits, box cutters, utility knives, all saws, screwdrivers, crowbars, hammers, pliers, wrenches/spanners, blow torches.

Blunt Instruments: any blunt instrument capable of causing injury, including:
tennis rackets, baseball and softball bats, clubs or batons - rigid or flexible - e.g. billy clubs, blackjacks (truncheon of leather covered lead with flexible shaft), night sticks & batons, cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey and hurley sticks, lacrosse sticks, kayak and canoe paddles, skateboards, billiard, snooker and pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, e.g. knuckle dusters, clubs, coshes, rice flails, num-chucks, kubatons, kubasaunts.

Explosives and flammable substances; any explosive or highly combustible substance which poses a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security/safety of aircraft or property, including:
ammunition, blasting caps, detonators & fuses, explosives and explosive devices, replica or imitation explosive material or devices, mines & other explosive military store, grenades of all types. gas & gas containers, e.g. butane, propane, acetylene, oxygen - in large volume, fireworks, flares in any form and other pyrotechnics (including party poppers and toy caps), non safety matches, smoke generating canisters or cartridges, flammable liquid fuel, e.g. petrol/gasoline, diesel, lighter fluid, alcohol, ethanol, aerosol spray paint, turpentine & paint thinner, alcoholic beverages exceeding 70% by volume (140% proof)

Chemical and Toxic Substances:
any chemical or toxic substances which pose a risk to the health of passengers and crew or the security/ safety of aircraft or property, including: acids and alkalis, e.g. spillable "wet" batteries, corrosive or bleaching substances - e.g. mercury, chlorine, disabling or incapacitating sprays - e.g. mace, pepper spray, tear gas, radioactive material - e.g. medicinal or commercial isotopes, poisons, infectious or biological hazardous material - e.g. infected blood, bacteria and viruses, material capable of spontaneous ignition or combustion, fire extinguishers (excepting as authorised by fire protocols and as aircraft emergency equipment).

The following items shall not be placed in checked baggage:
Explosives, including detonators, fuses, grenades, mines and explosives. Gases: propane, butane. Flammable liquids, including gasoline, methanol, flammable solids and reactive substances, including magnesium, firelighters, fireworks, flares. Oxidizers and organic peroxides, including bleach, car body repair kits. Toxic or infectious substances, including rat poison, infected blood, radioactive material, including medicinal or commercial isotopes. Corrosives, including mercury, vehicle batteries, vehicle fuel system components which have contained fuel.

Note: Any sharp objects in checked-in baggage should be securely wrapped to prevent injury to screeners and handling personnel.

Guns, firearms and weapons (including replica items), paints, Christmas crackers, items with internal combustion engines such as chainsaws, model aircraft, lawnmowers, etc., may not be carried in any baggage (whether checked or unchecked)

mk2kompressor
2007.12.04, 05:03 PM
lmao at the xmas crackers :D
did you get my msn mal?
i can still see about making you a temp section on xmf?

Neomax
2007.12.04, 06:36 PM
yeah gutted @ xmas crackers...lol
yeah i got your msn, thanks, i'll try and send it tomorrow, i'll send it 1st class recorded, bare chassis only, remember, dont turn it on for too long, it gets real hot real quick! havent tested if the driving fets work or not as steering fets got too hot to have time to try without setting it on fire...lmao
Jonny has sorted us a forum out for germany, i'm just about to go and sign up for it.
Thanks for looking at my poorly car ;)

byebye
2007.12.04, 06:58 PM
A private thread on here, I certainly can't set that up I'm afraid but I have sorted something out for you. If you're about, MSN me and I'll give you the details personally.

Here's the necessary terms on Ryanair. We are good to go, the only things that you need to worry about in my opinion are sharp or pointed objects. Tools will have to be put into a suitcase in the hold and not in hand luggage. Have you paid extra to take a suitcase or only hand luggage by the way?

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php?notice=060811-UK-EN&view=email
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT

Jonny

I'll work on the private forum. Just post up a list of member names here that you want to have access.

Kris

Programmers
2007.12.04, 07:08 PM
Jonny - don't mean to be a pain in arse but can you see that I'm added back onto the SRUK team, please. Mal got our tickets order for a nice price. :)

Mal - for the car here's what I'd personally like.

Rear Mount
1x2 4562's and an X-Speed
Knuckles with 3o camber
Tie rod with 1o toe in camber

What about you guys and gal? What do you want??

mk2kompressor
2007.12.04, 07:09 PM
no probs mal,ill be changing the fets anyway ;)

princesslilo
2007.12.04, 07:14 PM
Jonny - don't mean to be a pain in arse but can you see that I'm added back onto the SRUK team, please. Mal got our tickets order for a nice price. :)

Mal - for the car here's what I'd personally like.

Rear Mount
1x2 4562's and an X-Speed
Knuckles with 3o camber
Tie rod with 1o toe in camber

What about you guys and gal? What do you want??

I think it's best to post our preferences on the private forum when we are all there. You have the details right?

Programmers
2007.12.04, 08:58 PM
Okay, yes andd done. I can't login though. It's saying my password is incorrect. :confused:

Jonny
2007.12.05, 05:20 AM
Okay, yes andd done. I can't login though. It's saying my password is incorrect. :confused:
Sent you an E-Mail. May have been something to do with activating your account. The others have access and you should be good now.

Jonny

Programmers
2007.12.05, 06:59 AM
Yeah, I'm in now. Thanks Jonny.

Neomax
2007.12.05, 08:28 AM
FAB...i'm getting all giddy and excited now...lololol and Toms coming now :D

k_bojar
2007.12.10, 10:25 AM
Hey guys...this looks like a really awesome event..

any web links to the host track's site with some info/details about the event itself??

I'd love to see something like this in the USA - I guess we gotta live with a 3 hour endure in Feb ;):(

arch2b
2007.12.10, 11:10 AM
Hey guys...this looks like a really awesome event..

any web links to the host track's site with some info/details about the event itself??

I'd love to see something like this in the USA - I guess we gotta live with a 3 hour endure in Feb ;):(
i suggested longer but many were afraid i think as it's never been done here before to such an extent. lets get 3hr under our belts and see if we can't bump it up next year;)

i recall last years event had a live webcam?

byebye
2007.12.10, 11:55 AM
i suggested longer but many were afraid i think as it's never been done here before to such an extent. lets get 3hr under our belts and see if we can't bump it up next year;)

i recall last years event had a live webcam?

They have a great track setup at CRC for this type of event. I think it would be much more appealing running on a custom carpet track versus the RCP. Not to say it wouldn't be fun on an RCP. I just like the fact that it's unique to CRC.

I know they had an internet connection to update the forums online but I don't remember a webcam.

Kris

mk2kompressor
2007.12.10, 12:37 PM
i should be taking my camcorder to the event so we'll have an english account of it :D

k_bojar
2007.12.10, 05:15 PM

hehehe ;) :cool:

3 hours is good for a start ;)

Neomax
2007.12.13, 08:05 AM
Yeah Matt, me and Tom are taking ours too ;) so there should be plenty of footage of the whole thing!
Most of my hand luggage is going to be cars and cameras!!!...lol

Programmers
2007.12.13, 11:37 AM
Yeah... I've already started thinking of things to catch on video!!

Neomax
2007.12.14, 09:22 AM
Oh yeah, one thing i was thinking. What happens with the airline tickets? i still havent recieved them, will they send them or do we pick them up on the day at the airport?

Jonny
2007.12.14, 09:49 AM
I know they had an internet connection to update the forums online but I don't remember a webcam

Yes they did indeed have a webcam, there were static shots being uploaded during the event. I have a pic somewhere here with Jo pointing the thing at me :D

Oh yeah, one thing i was thinking. What happens with the airline tickets? i still havent recieved them, will they send them or do we pick them up on the day at the airport?
Don't worry! You don't receive tickets from this airline, you just need to print the confirmation of outbound and inbound flights that they sent and take it with you.

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.16, 09:16 AM
Cheers Jonny.
Hey jonny, what about that motor that byebye sent for you, he said you weren't using it and said that we might be able to have it, could we have it please?

Jonny
2007.12.16, 04:53 PM
Cheers Jonny.
Hey jonny, what about that motor that byebye sent for you, he said you weren't using it and said that we might be able to have it, could we have it please?
Oh did he now! It's likely we won't be using it, if so you can borrow it for the event. I can let you know by next weekend for sure.

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.17, 09:13 PM
Oh did he now! It's likely we won't be using it, if so you can borrow it for the event. I can let you know by next weekend for sure.

Jonny

If possible we could do with knowing before then, i'm still waiting to hear from Chris if he's getting the AWD stocks or not, so i'm trying to arrange contingency plans.

Jonny
2007.12.18, 03:50 AM
If possible we could do with knowing before then, i'm still waiting to hear from Chris if he's getting the AWD stocks or not, so i'm trying to arrange contingency plans.
I'll be back to you shortly on that.

I'm always contactable via Messenger if you want to ask anything direct.

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.20, 04:46 PM
Ok, a couple of Q's anyone can answer if they can?!
Tires.... i understand that certain tires run better than others on this German carpet type stuff....what tires are best? and can i buy them in Germany, or will we need to get them before we go?

Jonny, what is the situation with crystals? are we allowed one for each of our racers? or are we expected to use the same one for each of us?
If we can have one each, is there any chance of finding out what frequency we will be on so we can try and get a full compliment of crystals?

We may have problems with 2 shells, we are going to use the Enzo, but we only have iWaver shells that dont have the fitments for the light kit, without the proper holes the lights will be pointing at the ceiling, and there is nowhere at the back to put the lights in, i was wondering... can we run 2 different shells? one for lit stages and a different one for night stages, as i do have other shells that the lights could go in!

What plug type is it in Germany?
Like UK or 2 flat pin or 2 round pin or 3 round pin?

I was also thinking about taking a radio set for communicating between driver and pit crew, is this allowed? (standard walkie talkies with headsets)

I think thats about it for now...lol
cheers guys..

575racer
2007.12.20, 05:20 PM
dont think you can take walkie talkies in hand luggge, its probably better if one of you has one to use a bluetooth head set thing, being handsfree most of the time?

Jonny
2007.12.20, 06:05 PM
OK here goes,

Tyres - Atomics seem to work best. These will be available at the event if you don't have them before.

No multiple frequencies! One for each team. I think it's unlikely we'll get a full final list before the event, don't worry there will be plenty of crystal sets there.

I'll have to come back to you on the body but I can't see a problem.

2 round pin plugs should see you alright.

And lastly, who do you think you are Madonna?! :D ;)

Jonny

Fovea3d
2007.12.20, 07:24 PM
can we run 2 different shells? one for lit stages and a different one for night stages, as i do have other shells that the lights could go in!

Hi everyone!

Yes this is allowed, in fact most of the teams will probably do that this year. See you there, and btw, see you also on my personal track few miles away from Oberkirch if you'd like ;) Ask Jonny.
Alain - team 6Z.

mk2kompressor
2007.12.21, 03:21 AM
see you there :D

Jonny
2007.12.21, 03:38 AM
Hi everyone!

Yes this is allowed, in fact most of the teams will probably do that this year. See you there, and btw, see you also on my personal track few miles away from Oberkirch if you'd like ;) Ask Jonny.
Alain - team 6Z.
Thanks for confirming about the body change Alain. Not long to go :D

To confirm, Alain has kindly offered us the chance to practice with him on Friday afternoon after a nice meal out in Strasbourg. We can get some practice in earlier on and then meet him later in the day - all of us are welcome. And thanks again Alain :D

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.21, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, muchly apprecieated!
That would be great Alain, the more practice the better really! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oh 575 racer, i meant the radio sets (walkie talkies) for the race, not on the plane...lmao Any news on this, would a set of radios with hands-free be allowed during the race for communication between racer and pitcrew?

byebye
2007.12.21, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, muchly apprecieated!
That would be great Alain, the more practice the better really! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oh 575 racer, i meant the radio sets (walkie talkies) for the race, not on the plane...lmao Any news on this, would a set of radios with hands-free be allowed during the race for communication between racer and pitcrew?

You won't need them. I suppose you could use some but they'd have to be hands free. You have to have a minimum of 3 people from your race team a part of the race. What I mean is this-One guy driving, one guy corner marshalling for you and everyone else, and one guy ready to grab the car and take it to the pits or run to the pits for tools or parts.

Both Jonny and I assumed it was just the driver only and it's not. If somthing goes wrong and your team isn't around you can't just leave the drivers stand and grab your car. No radios would help keep that communication but again they have to be hands free.

Kris

Neomax
2007.12.22, 09:20 AM
oh yeah i thought that would be the format, marshalling your own team mate. But i wasn't (and still not) sure if you are allowed to go up and speak to the person driving, or if they are allowed to shout over to us if they have a problem, like a tire coming off or something, i thought with the radios the driver would be able to easily relay any problems to the pitcrew so they could be ready to sort the problems as soon as the car pulled in. You see i'm thinking average laps are going to be somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds, so as they say....'Every second counts'.
also, what about tires ans wheels, how many are we allowed to use? how many times can we change in a race (incase traction is pants half way through) can we use 2 sets of wheels to save time on tire change-over?
I'm going to be bringing pretty much everything in my kit, so spares shouldn't be too much of a worry!

byebye
2007.12.22, 09:53 AM
oh yeah i thought that would be the format, marshalling your own team mate. But i wasn't (and still not) sure if you are allowed to go up and speak to the person driving, or if they are allowed to shout over to us if they have a problem, like a tire coming off or something, i thought with the radios the driver would be able to easily relay any problems to the pitcrew so they could be ready to sort the problems as soon as the car pulled in. You see i'm thinking average laps are going to be somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds, so as they say....'Every second counts'.
also, what about tires ans wheels, how many are we allowed to use? how many times can we change in a race (incase traction is pants half way through) can we use 2 sets of wheels to save time on tire change-over?
I'm going to be bringing pretty much everything in my kit, so spares shouldn't be too much of a worry!
Well you'll marshall for everyone but you'll be paying the most attention to your car.

You can go up to the driver. THere is room behind them to stand there and speak with them. There is going to be pit tables behind the drivers but you can go up. What we usually would do is change drivers during a battery change. That gave you enough time to switch drivers and give info on the car before they run it. THe next driver cannot be the guy changing batteries. He is the guy who is not marshalling or changing batteries. The next driver should be there by the current driver and the current driver should be giving him info about how the car is handling.

I don't want to give any bad info but last year there was no limit on wheels and tires. I'd imagine its the same this year. I think in 12 hours we went thru 6 sets of front and rear tires so you figure about 2 hours per set. They will wear more on the right side then the left. If you're on a budget I suppose you could just change out the one side but you don't want to do that. The handling with one new side and one worn side will change dramatically! We just swapped all 4 tires out. Ask Jonny if Sven will be there again this year. Sven is an authorized Atomic dealer and he brought a big box full of Atomic parts. Needless to say I bought my full supply of tires that night.

Lastly, every second does count but remember consistancy is most important. Make every second in the pits count! We were unfortunate to have a motor problem but we finally stopped and took the time to find and fix the problem. Then came the consistency and we were able to make up 200+ laps to move from last to 6th.

Any more questions let me know or hit me up on msn toffe777.

Kris

Neomax
2007.12.22, 12:55 PM
Thats brill thanks Kris, the only other question i can think of at the moment is... are you coming? I hope so, it would be nice to see you all again!

byebye
2007.12.22, 03:20 PM
Thats brill thanks Kris, the only other question i can think of at the moment is... are you coming? I hope so, it would be nice to see you all again!
Mal we won't be out this time around. I will definately be there for 2009. Maybe running a new chassis ;).

I do wish you guys the best of luck and if you need any info or any help just hollar at me.

Kris

Neomax
2007.12.22, 04:20 PM
Thats a real shame... :( ....Tthanks for all the advice you have already given us, say hi to Drew and Sheila for me, hope you have a great Christmas mate, and a happy New Year!
Speak again soon.
Mal.

Jonny
2007.12.22, 05:14 PM
I've already pointed out that the parts dealer will be there for sure. There are also parts that the hall stocks and rc-tec may well attend again.

Just for the record, I also mentioned yours Kris and the rest of the US guys situations and that you now won't be attending to Mal and many people to keep them in the loop, aswell as some of our acquaintances from last event in Germany. Hence why two drivers came over from Mal's team to Team International. :rolleyes:

Jonny

Neomax
2007.12.23, 11:45 AM
Yeah, i rememberd that Jonny, but the way Kris was talking it sounded as though he may still have been coming. Never mind, we'll see ya next year Kris.

Jonny
2007.12.23, 01:05 PM
Hehe, we can but live in hope! I don't know, letting his side down ;) We'll club together, pop over there and fly him back ourselves next year what do you say?

I must say again, Kris has come through for the 2008 effort even though not there in person, part of his handywork will be dealing some punishment on the track :D

Jonny

mk2kompressor
2007.12.23, 01:13 PM
i too have thanks for kris,the chassis has been amazing on testing,cant wait to get there now :D

byebye
2007.12.23, 01:52 PM
Well I'm glad to hear the car I sent was worth it. I wish I could be there but my spirit and heart were put into the car. It's as close as I could get ;).

Will it run in the Dec30th enduro in Stafford?

Kris

Jonny
2007.12.23, 01:57 PM
Well I'm glad to hear the car I sent was worth it. I wish I could be there but my spirit and hart were put into the car. It's as close as I could get ;).

Will it run in the Dec30th enduro in Stafford?

Kris
Thanks Kris, I know ;)

It has had private track time already and had a couple of final adjustments made so we're in the sweet spot now :D

Jonny

byebye
2007.12.23, 02:18 PM
Thanks Kris, I know ;)

It has had private track time already and had a couple of final adjustments made so we're in the sweet spot now :D

Jonny

That's good to hear. I've been tooliing around with some other chassis configurations. I hope to be at the track today. The computer had a malfunction and I had to re-install window xp. It's good now just need to take it back to the track.

Kris

BmwM3_Evo
2007.12.23, 09:18 PM
Wow i missed alot, xmas has been a bit hectic tbh, and our internet keeps going down.

Definately looking forward to this, just need to practice with a RWD car.
Though Liam said i could use his lmao :).

Chris

575racer
2007.12.24, 06:25 AM
chris you can still borrow the car, but i lost the screw that conects the disk damper the motor-pod rear bit sorry, its probably going to have a stock damper unless i can get another screw or an adjustable mono--shock :(

Neomax
2007.12.27, 06:10 PM
Your leaving it a little late for RWD practice Chris.....

.cooldragon
2008.01.01, 02:03 PM
Hi guys, I just wanted to wish you a nice flight and lots of sleep until saturday! It will be a pleasure to race you all again!

chris you can still borrow the car, but i lost the screw that conects the disk damper the motor-pod rear bit sorry, its probably going to have a stock damper unless i can get another screw or an adjustable mono--shock :(

If that´s all the trouble, I promise you get the parts from me or from any other racer @ CRC, even if I need to borrow the parts from another Z... but Jonnyboy knows that already ;o)

We will be arriving saturday early in the morning, since I cannot get MikeC away from his kids on friday.

so take it easy and be carefull while flying low in Germanys Autobahn: could be icy again over the week, as it is now over here

cd

mk2kompressor
2008.01.01, 03:04 PM
i cant wait to drive on your smooth roads :D
hopefully we are all prepared for this year :rolleyes:
see you on saturday :)

Jonny
2008.01.01, 05:12 PM
Hi guys, I just wanted to wish you a nice flight and lots of sleep until saturday! It will be a pleasure to race you all again!

If that´s all the trouble, I promise you get the parts from me or from any other racer @ CRC, even if I need to borrow the parts from another Z... but Jonnyboy knows that already ;o)

We will be arriving saturday early in the morning, since I cannot get MikeC away from his kids on friday.

so take it easy and be carefull while flying low in Germanys Autobahn: could be icy again over the week, as it is now over here

cd
Hi D, Happy New Year! Thanks for the advice on the weather..I was hoping it would be mild this year like last time but judging by how it is over here I wasn't hopeful :(

Thanks for the offer on parts for 575Racer, however he is not one of the gang that's coming with us. Have you seen the group photo on the rc-micro 12 hour thread? Or did I send it to you? There's 7 of us in total racing in the two teams as you probably know. The pic shows all of us who are racing :D

Can't wait to get there, we will have some practice when we arrive about midday Friday, sorry to hear you won't be there then. We'll have to wait to give you a good race the next day ;)

See you real soon!

Jonny

575racer
2008.01.01, 06:21 PM
thanks mate, its ok now ive got another shock coming in the post thats alot simpler :)
guys good luck in germany, only 2 days till your on your way right?

Jonny
2008.01.01, 06:26 PM
thanks mate, its ok now ive got another shock coming in the post thats alot simpler :)
guys good luck in germany, only 2 days till your on your way right?
Thanks Liam, Yes we're off on Friday early hours of the morning :D

Jonny

Neomax
2008.01.02, 08:11 AM
Doe's anyone know what the weather forecast is for the weekend at Germany please?

mk2kompressor
2008.01.02, 08:12 AM
ill give you a hint,

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

supposed to be freezing :rolleyes:

byebye
2008.01.02, 08:13 AM
http://de.weather.com/weather/local/GMXX5742

Kris

Neomax
2008.01.02, 10:16 AM
Bit cold then! Cheers lads..

byebye
2008.01.02, 10:24 AM
It was cold but not that cold last year. We brought jackets but there was no snow. The roads were dry also. Jo took us for a ride around the country side and he showed us the purpose of the autobahn ;)

Kris

byebye
2008.01.06, 07:02 PM
Bump for results!!!

Kris

byebye
2008.01.06, 07:59 PM
Results from the race this year
1 (06) CRC 3603 12.00.02.94 00.09.38
2 (08) Team Scheunenspeedwa 3407 12.00.00.14 00.09.17
3 (07) Team 6Z 3342 12.00.00.25 00.09.24
4 (05) Team International 3305 12.00.05.65 00.09.00
5 (12) Allstar Racing-Team 3229 12.00.09.00 00.09.41
6 (01) Team Sprocki 3215 11.59.54.80 00.09.02
7 (04) Alpia 3038 11.59.57.18 00.09.93
8 (10) Team Infight-Center 2566 12.00.06.81 00.09.31
9 (11) Stafford Racers 2543 11.59.59.30 00.09.62
10 (09) Schweiger-Computer-R 959 11.58.43.75 00.10.40
11 (02) Reservetransponder 1 268 11.58.46.67 00.10.91

More details on the german forum (you can use this http://babelfish.altavista.com/ )

http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=101271834023&startid=8

Congrats to Team International and Stafford Racers! :cool:
That is a smokin' fast lap 9.00 seconds! :eek:

Kris

BrianMidnight
2008.01.06, 10:28 PM
Well done guys & girl

575racer
2008.01.07, 04:22 PM
well done! chris tried to text you it wouldnt send :mad: well done again though!

.cooldragon
2008.01.07, 05:22 PM
it was real fun racing you again guys!

although we had some "funny" unexpected problems (i.e. a blocked ballbearing with a flat ball - was a brand new one), we never lost the good mood and enjoyed the race as usual.
It was quiete equal, pretty fair in all duels (most, at least :D ) and definitely something to repeat next year

BTW, the fast laps are not for real - really - the software was working fine, but it seems the software in the new PC had some bugs on the fastlap reporting: the actual laps did work, but somehow got the fastlaps messed up: laptimes below 9,8 seconds, with the endurance set-up, are not really possible

jonny and co were though indeed very fast, until they also started getting trouble

I hope I can make it this year all the way over to the Island and meet the rest of you :o)

cd, aka Daniel

Fovea3d
2008.01.07, 10:39 PM
It was real nice to meet with you guys and girl! It is an amazing experience to drive laps in tie with overseas friends from the forums :) I hope you had fun visiting us in France by friday evening ;) Hope to see you all for the 2009 edition. Alain.

Here is our race report:

It was a frankly interesting race this year. Race in 2 parts for us I should say. The first part was done in "cruising" mode, with a worn X-speed motor (however tested before) low top speed and also much of understeer due to a layer of dust sticking to the front tires (known problem by this track). At half race we decided to swap for 20 shore front (instead of 30) and to use a stock MM motorpod along with a brand new X-Speed.
With the new 20 shore front rubbing the wheelwells we could not use the yellow IWaver body anymore so we used Tytoo's red McL and Tex's Gulf for the night driving. Notice the beautiful design of the light setup on that Gulf done 5mn before the night session :p
With this new setup the difference was spectacular. Our car changed into a rocket, also truly aggressive in the the sinuous portions of the track.
We started to catch up with the wasted time, passing from the 5th pos to the 3rd after a long head to head with Jonny, Kafou and the other drivers from TI. Nice and clean driving BTW with a "gentleman driver" feeling.
My team (6Z) ended up only 37 laps ahead of TI wich really deserved the 3rd place but we were still 65 laps behind the 2nd team. I guess that with the same setup from the start we would have make it better, but nevertheless far behind the winning CRC team, untouchable with 3603 laps.
Relatively tight results thus, which shows that the general level and the regularity of each one still improved in comparison with the 2007 edition, also cheers for the fair driving by everyone.
Very nice ambiance at the CRC, as usual, special thanks to the CRC crew and Sasha who makes this amazing race possible.

Video (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/videos/08010512hoberkirch2008.wmv)

Pictures:

01 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/01.jpg)
02 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/02.jpg)
03 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/03.jpg)
04 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/04.jpg)
05 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/05.jpg)
06 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/06.jpg)
07 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/07.jpg)
08 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/08.jpg)
09 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/09.jpg)
10 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/10.jpg)
11 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/11.jpg)
12 (http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/080105-12hOberkirch2008/12.jpg)

http://alain.galluser.free.fr/Z/6Z-UKguysmeeting800.jpg

PS: Someone forgot his knife in a pizza box on friday, if yours PM me.

mk2kompressor
2008.01.08, 05:45 AM
it was an amazing time,we have loads of pics to post:D
Alain,the competition was feirce,as i told you our little race at the end was the best part for me;)
and the pizza at your's was great,after 36hrs of being awake and climbing all those stairs :eek:

i will report more but im a little tired :rolleyes: :D

Jonny
2008.01.08, 11:36 AM
PART 1

Phew, where to start?

First of all, a big 'Thank You' to Sash for his help and genorosity both prior and during our trip - we really appreciate it. The atmosphere was great and we all had a fantastic time!

The racing was was super tight and fast and we really had a fight on our hands, I know Team International enjoyed some top class battles out there. Thanks to all the teams who took part and I'm glad I got to speak to quite a few of you during the day.

I'll start with the first problem of the event for us...we had done a little testing on the track the night before to make sure everything was running smoothly and when Kafou had arrived we got the foams mounted for our first run with them on the carpet. They had more grip than I expected (my views changed during the race..!) After practice we put the car away for the night and travelled into France to race with Alain at his home - thanks to him for being a great host :D. So, come next morning 11am, we take the car out and put our assigned crystal set in, turn on and find that the steering won't center! :eek: We thought it was the crystal set 27.135 not working with the Helios or with HSR but after checking with a stock tx it was obvious it was the car and the pot not engaging properly. We had the car back together at 11.40am, 20 minutes before the start.

Our team car was well prepared and tested beforehand but some issues cost us a podium. First off in my opinion our race motor just didn't have enough to see off the competition despite being about right early on. Around the half way stage I started to get lapped by our closest opposition, lacking both punch for the infield and top end on the straightaway. No doubt in my mind that we were going to lose 2nd position so we decided to make the motor swap. We went for the ballistic Stock R, turned down to 50% throttle on the Helios. Now we had Team 6z moving fast behind us with their motor swap and we needed the car to stay solid. The Thunder Tyre foams which we ran on the rear went long but (and after testing after the event confirmed) didn't produce the grip ATM rubber did. Kafou being our fastest driver and someone who could put a school bus on pole position felt the foam was the best rear choice but how he held that car lap after lap none of us knew :confused: I started off the night stint and then changed with Kafou, who we let pretty much finish that hour long period off. Into the second half of the race, we found that coming out of the last bend into the straight it was difficult to get the car to track straight without constant correction, then into turn one the oversteer which we were driving around was too much and we were losing it much too often. So the call was made to change out the foams and we were shocked to say the least! The Stock R really killed off the last half of that pair and parts of the rim under cornering were touching the track (pics will be posted later tonight of everything).

I have to run but will write part 2 later this evening when I get in!

tytooo
2008.01.08, 02:30 PM
Hello Guys!

It's was realy cool to seen you by Alain and the next day at Oberkirch. It's interresting to meet Mini-z fans from other countries. I hope that more overseas drivers will come next year :rolleyes: .

See you soon on the carpet or RCP :D

PS: Alain c'est moi qui a oublié le couteau :(

Neomax
2008.01.08, 04:50 PM
Well just a short post, will make a full one later!
Got an absolute mountain of pics and videos to sort through, of which i'm going to make a compilation of, but for now here are a couple of pics i like!

Was so please to be there with everyone and had such a great time, thank you to everyone who helped make that possible!
I was really happy with our result, even though we came 9th, i thought that our team did a great job to pull back the 300 or more laps we lost with our electrical problems we had!
Any way, got to go as my wife is calling me for tea, so i'll post more laters...
Thanks guys!!!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/malthebarber/Germany%2008/DSCF3452.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/malthebarber/Germany%2008/DSCF3492.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/malthebarber/Germany%2008/DSCF3498.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/malthebarber/Germany%2008/DSCF3495.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/malthebarber/Germany%2008/DSCF3494.jpg

princesslilo
2008.01.08, 06:57 PM
Hi all, here are just a few of our photos from the trip - enjoy!

Baden Airport
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0211.jpg

Matt with 'my' pink suitcase ;)
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0214.jpg

Our VW Fox
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0215.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0218.jpg

RacingJonny
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0221.jpg

Neomax
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0223.jpg

CRC Track
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0224.jpg

The UK Crew
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0230.jpg

Alain's Track
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0250.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0251.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0252.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0257.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0258.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0260.jpg

Late Night/Early Morning?
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0263.jpg

princesslilo
2008.01.08, 07:04 PM
12 Hour Endurance Team Cars
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0268.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0271.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0273.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0276.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0278.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0286.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0293.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0287.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0294.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0315.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0311.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0317.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0318.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0324.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0335.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0340.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0341.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0347.jpg

princesslilo
2008.01.08, 07:12 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0372.jpg

Team International
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0351.jpg

SRUK Team Car
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0376.jpg

Nobby's Xmas Socks :p
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0363.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0385.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0392.jpg

Winners Trophy
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0417.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0439.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0440.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0437.jpg

Wakey Wakey!
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0449.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0481.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0482.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/staffordracers/12%20Hour%20LeMans%20Oberkirch%202008/100_0507.jpg

byebye
2008.01.08, 08:11 PM
Awesome pictures and vid!!! Man I wish I could have been there. Jonny it's back to the drawing board huh?

Kris

mk2kompressor
2008.01.09, 04:45 AM
chris the car was really well balanced and a dream to drive,the stock r we fitted just ripped the foams to bits :eek:
im sure jonny will fill you in with part 2 :)

we didnt waste any time the day after with a few changes made it was on fire again :D
foams replaced with atm 10deg competition rears
atm mono shock
-1 toe bar

this is how it drove

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/mk2kompressor/th_OBERKIRCHPRACTICE_0001.jpg (http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/mk2kompressor/?action=view&current=OBERKIRCHPRACTICE_0001.flv)

Jonny
2008.01.09, 06:05 AM
Part 2

Kris, as Matt said there's no need to go that far! The car is pretty much dialled now with a few minor tweaks, it's a shame that was after the event but not everything was apparent before we'd put the car through a few hours of racing...!

So after these issues, the car gradually started to come back to us and was in the sweet spot. Unfortunately, even with matched Duracell 1000's the Stock R was killing a couple of our packs (luckily our super efficient battery install and removal was a success;))

The next issue I believe was that another team clipped the barrier in front of me on the straight, spun 180 degrees and I hit them nose on at full tilt - this unmeshed our gearing and the car was still. We quickly recovered it and tried to mesh it by hand but had to shout to the pit crew for tools and get it back to the pit box. We couldn't mesh it quite right and it sounded a little rough, so we had to make another minor adjustment again at our next little encounter when the car started to pull to the right, I drove around it to start with and trimmed it out but it got worse quickly and another stop was needed - we had bearings and rims on the ready which we swapped but the thread from the carpet was also locking up the front wheels - this is something I don't remember happening last year?

Do you want the next problem?! The diff started to loosen so we had to tighten it up, needless to say we saw our lead diminish and Team 6z pass us but the final straw were the foams unsticking and rolling over on themselves...:( Your Kyo diff is feeling pretty sorry for itself now I'm afraid Kris - feels like it's full of grit :eek:

So, overall it was a rolloercoaster ride full of the absolute best racing but with a hint of stress thrown in for good measure. Without troubles we'd have taken the 2nd spot without a doubt ;) Next year lads, next year!!!

Thanks to Alain for his hospitality and for picking up the pizza for dinner - I wish the lift was working, as I lost count of how many steps there were...I think it may have been a trick by Team 6z to wear us out after we'd been awake near on 40 hours by then :D

My thanks once again to Sash and all the guys at the CRC who made such an enjoyable weekend. I hope some more of you from these forums can experience it next year, I'd go even if I weren't racing!

Thanks to my Team for an excellent job and for holding it together. As us UK lads will attest once again, Kafou's outstanding ability at difficult times was awesome to watch.

Lastly thanks to Gina for being....well Gina....Love you Lots :o (Yea I know you guys can ignore this bit:p)

Let the preperation begin!

Jonny

byebye
2008.01.09, 07:12 AM
Man that car was cookin' around the track! I saw the pics and vid that Alain posted. Looked like some really tight racing. We'll have to figure in that frontal impact issue with the gear mesh. crashes are never good but anything on that long front straight is really gonna hurt.

It's hard right now but I'm saving my pennies for next year(and DC in Feb ;)).

Seriously though this is an experience like no other. I don't know how many forum members have raced for 12 hours straight with one car but this is an experience of a life time. I'd like to see at least one all american team come out. This is in no way a large sponsored event so the only pressure is bragging rights. Other than that you get to meet some great people and race on a really great carpet track. Sheila and I loved the vids and it was great to see old friends!

Anyway great job T.I. and Team SRUK and all the competitors!
Kris

Sviny
2008.01.09, 08:16 AM
Hi everybody!!

I hope all of you made it back to England without problems?
Thank you for visiting us again this year in the CRC - we hope to see you again next year. Or perhaps earlier? Perhaps I join Cooldragon ;-)

I hope Neo, Programmer and BMWEVO did arrive healthy back in CRC from the trip to my house? I hope also the monster and the overland are working like they should?

Was great to meet you all!!

Greetings
Sviny

Neomax
2008.01.09, 08:57 AM
Hi Sviny, yeah we (eventually..lol) got back safely, thought we did get fined for not getting a ticket before we got on the train, the bloke did only fine us for one person though, not all 3 of us, i think he took pity on us being from out of town, as he said we should have been fined 120 euros and kicked off, but he only fined us 40 euros and let us get a ticket at the next station and stay on the train, we made our way back from offenberg to oberkirch via train as T.I. were going out to dinner and did'nt know where abouts we were to come and get us. We had a adventure though finding our way back and stopped off for something to eat and had a few beers on the way, so alls well as they say! The monster and overlander work great thanks, i'm already looking in to getting alloy for my monster ;) Thanks for having us and letting us in to your house, it was a wicked room that i would love to work towards owning myself one day..absolutley fantastic collection, i'll be making a video with pictures in it aswell, and it will take its place in that vid when its done!

Some great pics there Gina (thanks for picking the best ones of me ;) ) i'll be posting up a video when i'm done editing it.

It was wicked Kris, can't wait for next year, i'll be preparing for it much earlier this time round, as the POT problems we had and the transponder problem too, and all the niggles in between were a pain we could have done without!
But came away very happy that we had participated and performed as well as we did with all the problems considered!

Jonny
2008.01.09, 09:14 AM
Hi Sviny, great to see you again and race side by side :D We had no problems coming back, only a slight delay of 20 minutes. The worst part was when Matt left his hand luggage at the airport with his Helios and other expensive equipment in! We drove back quickly from the car park and it had been picked up by airport security :eek:

E-Mail on it's way to you shortly.

Jonny

Sviny
2008.01.09, 09:48 AM
Hi Neomax,

sorry for the problems on the train, but it really was time to do something with my family - they didnt see me for 4 days. Did you try to tell them that the machine doesnt work? You got a receipt? I can complain for you here and try to get the money back... oh I hate those guys.
But good to hear you made your way and had some fun ;-) - next time you can have a beer as well - you do not have to drink coffe :D

hi Jonny,

very lucky that the security found the lugagge and handed it out to you. Unatended lugagge is a very dangerous thing on airports :D And after almost 4 days CRC - I'm sure you look more like AlQuaida than anything else :D

Hope to see you all soon

Sviny

princesslilo
2008.01.09, 10:06 AM
@Neomax - Sorry, could not resist the one of you and Chris looking half dead!

We all had an absolutely fantastic time. It was a great adventure. Firstly a big thank you to Alain for being such a great host - we had a great time racing with you guys.

Thanks to Ben for being our chauffeur and congratulations on reaching 88mph! We didn't manage to go back to the future - must only work in Deloreans! Now did we turn left or right at that little red phone box :D

Thank you also to Matt for getting my car working as it should - it goes like a rocket - can't wait to get it back on rcp.

Congratulations to SRUK - not bad for the first time. You can only go up the board from there :o

Just another year to wait until we are back there again and try those delicious kebabs :(

08/15
2008.01.09, 12:19 PM
Hi guys!

I am glad to hear that all of you made it back to England without problems!

The full Data of the Race is now available from the Webspace of "Team Sprocki":

HTML (http://www.team-sprocki.de/images/12h_2008/result/12h2008.html)
Transponder-Logfile (http://www.team-sprocki.de/images/12h_2008/result/12h2008.log)
Database of the counter (http://www.team-sprocki.de/images/12h_2008/result/12h2008.dat)

Picture-Thread:

Click me! (http://549.rapidforum.com/topic=101270017655)

Sebastian

mk2kompressor
2008.01.09, 01:09 PM
thanks for the info :D

nobby with a beer,ive never seen that before :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

http://www.rc-micromodellbau.de/ftp/0815/12h08/IMG_0110.JPG

Jonny
2008.01.09, 01:27 PM
@ Sviny - Haha! We didn't look that bad, as we stayed at a hotel this time ;) But team SRUK on the other hand... :D

@ 08/15 - Thanks very much and to Sprocki for getting that data up so quickly and for your help and co-ordination of the race, hope your thumb heals quickly so you can get back to driving the Mini Z!

@ Mk2 - Hmm now that is a rare sight indeed...well seeing as there's only one bottle around ;) Sorry Nobby :o

Programmers
2008.01.09, 05:24 PM
I'm not going to justify our position because regardless to coming in last I was more than pleased with how much we pulled back despite our problems, even if the bottom team dropped out shortly after we passed them. As for the team that got away by 23 laps... We'll be back!

Thanks cool.dragon for the ride and svinny & Sash - you're great hosts. Also, thanks to Mal & Chris - you guys were a good laugh! Look forward to doing it again.

I had a fantastic time. :D

BmwM3_Evo
2008.01.10, 07:04 PM
Ahh what a great time!

Its true, it wasnt just about the racing, id like to say thanks Sash & Co. for hosting and Svinny and Daniel for the ride/overland :).

It was a great trip, even got to know people much more and got to meet the people behind the forums.

Ohh and thanks for the picture Gina... i look like a zombie lol..

08/15
2008.01.10, 07:19 PM
... i look like a zombie lol..
Ah, now I know what this picture reminds me of.

08/15 - puts "Shawn of the Dead" into his DVD-Player ;) :D

mk2kompressor
2008.01.10, 07:31 PM
need i say more:p

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/mk2kompressor/oberkirch08005.jpg

Programmers
2008.01.11, 07:31 AM
"What a tit". :D

mk2kompressor
2008.01.11, 09:23 AM
"ahem"

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/mk2kompressor/oberkirch08002.jpg

Programmers
2008.01.11, 10:42 AM
LOL, welll!! If you must know - "what a tit" is what they say when they see their first zombie in Shaun of the Dead, so ner to you Mr. Pink Case. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought I looked quite fetching in that picture. :D

Did you get my PM Matt??

575racer
2008.01.11, 11:39 AM
haha looks fun! well done with the places you came

kafou
2008.01.11, 01:01 PM
Hi everybody !
Like last year , it was a great experience !
First, thank you to Sacha and the CRC boys, who organized that race perfectly ( and who won too :D ).
I was really happy to take part of such an event, with the thrre english teammates, Jonny, Matt and Ben. It was a nice team ;) and that's cool to see you ;). And thank you to hav brought car batteries end charger !!! :) ;)
So, let's speak about this car : First we begin whith a quite slow motor, but that wasn't a big handicap because we manage to be second for a long time. At this time the car was slow, but the batteries last long, and it was very ( too ) easy to drive, and we hit the wall only a few times.
Then, after the motor swap, the car was totally different, more punchy, but also harder to handle, and batteries lasted less long, and the tires were more used.
I found that both setups were OK, but we've learned some things for the next endurance races:
-An operation on the car costs a lot of time. Although it was a need (especially to Jonny's mind ) to change the motor, we lost lots of laps in this operation. The better would have been to have the good setup since the start. that's easy to say, but hard to do ..
-It's really important to stay on the track as long as possible. The CRC 1 team kept racing 35minutes with only one pack of batteries, though they had a good motor !
-I think the foam tires were nice, Sacha advised me too buy them, so I did ! I don't know how many pairs of tires the other team used. It's true that they were used very quickly with the car with the good motor..

That's all, thank you again for that race ! ;)