PDA

View Full Version : Northern New Jersey/New York Racing

xxam
2007.12.02, 08:08 PM
:D pssst.... new permanent rcp race track. Close to route 17 in N NJ, under 30 minutes from NYC. Up and running for almost 4 weeks already.

Cruizin w/ RC's (http://www.cruizinrc.com)

Directions, some photos and contact info at website.

Friday and Saturday racing... 7pm
Thousands of parts and mods available on site.

Be sure to tell Ron that a post on MiniZracer.com and his website info, sent you! :)

michvin
2007.12.03, 10:41 AM
So many tracks, so little time.... :D

Scrapper
2007.12.03, 11:15 AM
agreed on that mike
Hey mike, were u aware of a store called bay ridge hobbies
he had a track

He is now i think going out of business temporarily from his newer location on manhattan

hrdrvr
2007.12.03, 11:33 AM
So many tracks, so little time.... :D

Weve got the exact opposite down here :rolleyes: Plenty of time, and only one place to race. At least we have the track at our office, but some public places to race would be awesome!

xxam
2007.12.03, 11:50 AM
yeah...we all need more time...sighhh

Still nice to break up the routine and be able to visit other locations and drivers! :)

bermbuster
2007.12.04, 04:28 AM
yeah...we all need more time...sighhh

Still nice to break up the routine and be able to visit other locations and drivers! :)

exactly.....
I have been to all the NYC metro tracks and they are all awesome.....

Our reality is we need to support these places to keep them in business....

Majs is close to me and is my home track. His shop/track is awesome.
The quality of racing is second to none....The store is a full service hobbyshop not just Zs....but he has a 14x28 banked track (24 degree)that can be set up for oval or road in a few minutes....You can come down and practice anytime unless a race is going on....Maj does Fet work etc....
The track is on Market st close to rt 80 (exit 63) route 17 route 46 and the GSP......
Hope to see you guys at Majs....

Scrapper
2007.12.04, 06:30 AM
how long does racing last

xxam
2007.12.04, 09:38 AM
Hey Berm... you have been to Cruizin RC? I probably raced you. What kind of miniz do you drive? BTW... what does it cost to race at Maj? ..and how many qualifiers?

Spoon
2007.12.04, 09:49 AM
Hey Berm... you have been to Cruizin RC? I probably raced you. What kind of miniz do you drive? BTW... what does it cost to race at Maj? ..and how many qualifiers?

2-3 Qualifiers based on class. 10 minute A Main.
$15 for the first two classes, $5 for additional classes.

bermbuster
2007.12.04, 08:15 PM
I havent raced at Ron's new track....I have seen it....
I drive a mod 02 stock 015 and a nascar.....i think there is an F1 in my future....

the racing at majs is just like spoon said.....unless your a kid then its $10.....
it starts at about 7:30and goes till about midnite.....

Scrapper
2007.12.05, 06:16 AM
my 02s are built to als stock class

whats 015 stock is it like als 015 spec

bermbuster
2007.12.05, 07:49 AM
my 02s are built to als stock class

whats 015 stock is it like als 015 spec

my cars were originally built for Als classes....
my 02 has an AD board now.
Currently there is 2 or 3 classes at Majs...
02 stock stock and mod run together.....usually 2 or 3 heats Maj seperates the racers by skill level.....and he does bump ups for the mains...
nascar 015 3010 boards speedy 05
soon we will run F1....

The atmosphere at Majs is vwery similar to Als....
The difference is the challenge of running on a banked track...
The really fast guys are always helping the slower guys to get faster.....
Im getting better and better so im happy....

xxam
2007.12.05, 10:32 AM
Bermbuster... I also have an ad band. I just hit the ad band "shut off" wall, after owning the car since the spring with no issues. Had any experience with that? Im going to try and race the ad band again on Friday night at Ron's with fingers crossed.

bermbuster
2007.12.05, 09:08 PM
i have 2 ad boards....one has worked flawless since sept...still does...
i bought a new one and last week it started shutting down....(on rcp track)
at home i ran it on my sealed basement floor for a whole pack and it did not shut down??? go figure....

xxam
2007.12.05, 09:15 PM
I ran around 3 hours today on rcp... flawless. However before I started, I used Static Guard. I sprayed it on a paper towel and wiped the chasis a few times. I have hope. Ill know by midnight Friday!

bermbuster
2007.12.06, 08:13 AM
i gotta try that......