PDA

View Full Version : No reverse and steering problem off new RTR

archenok
2007.12.05, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

I recently got a new RTR MR-015RM

When I turn it on, the wheels refuse to straighten out on me, and also I have no reverse. I've tried all the trim dials as well as the trigger position dials. My hunch is that the radio is faulty... i certainly hope not :(

Is there anyone who's encountered and fixed the problem?

hrdrvr
2007.12.05, 08:30 AM
If its a recent purchase give K america a call. They should swap/fix it for you free of charge. If you know some one with a Tx you could try that first to isolate the problem, but Id send the whole thing back for a replacement.

BTW, if you have a different crystal set, you could try that as well.

archenok
2007.12.05, 07:12 PM
well i found reverse - it's just quite moody and doens't always work i.e. if i squeeze it in reverse gently the car sits, but if it flick it into reverse it will work

i can live with that - now i just have to figure out how to centre the steering mechanically, if possible - the car survived my first pulling apart of it, so that's good. Tried fiddling around w/ the steering gears a bit, but it made no difference. I'd be happy if i could even pull apart the Tx and see if i can do something to centre the steering, but i don't know how to get around the on/off switch.

and in terms of exchanging - i bought this off ebay, and some how from playin with it, i've already broke a mirror (i have no idea how... it's a 935... the mirror is TINY)

otherwise right now i just turn the trim and steering sensitivity to max and try not to be too butterfingered when playing

n/m - using that LH KT5 tutorial I managed to take the Tx apart - there was a little knob beside the sensitivity dial - fiddlign around w/ that solved the problem (there'll be more mirrors flying off now)

herman
2007.12.05, 11:00 PM
well i found reverse - it's just quite moody and doens't always work i.e. if i squeeze it in reverse gently the car sits, but if it flick it into reverse it will work

flicking trigger forward once will activate the brakes.... flicking it forward twice will activate the reverse function... welcome to the forums....

as for centering... try the search function and type in "how to center steering"

byebye
2007.12.06, 06:39 AM

i can live with that - now i just have to figure out how to centre the steering mechanically, if possible - the car survived my first pulling apart of it, so that's good. Tried fiddling around w/ the steering gears a bit, but it made no difference. I'd be happy if i could even pull apart the Tx and see if i can do something to centre the steering, but i don't know how to get around the on/off switch.

and in terms of exchanging - i bought this off ebay, and some how from playin with it, i've already broke a mirror (i have no idea how... it's a 935... the mirror is TINY)

otherwise right now i just turn the trim and steering sensitivity to max and try not to be too butterfingered when playing

n/m - using that LH KT5 tutorial I managed to take the Tx apart - there was a little knob beside the sensitivity dial - fiddlign around w/ that solved the problem (there'll be more mirrors flying off now)

Did you read the manual front to back?

Kris

imxlr8ed
2007.12.06, 10:15 AM
Make sure your throttle trim is set as far in the forward direction as possible without moving the wheels. You'll hear the fets start to sing a little (a soft & quiet little beep beeep... beep beeeeep beep... beeeeping noise :rolleyes: ), get it to the point they make sound, then back the trim off the opposite way just a hair from that point. (until the noise stops)

Each car has a different throttle trim point which is true center, if the throttle trim is off more towards the reverse direction, it may be near impossible to get the car to back up quickly.

Some drivers actually run their cars with a constantly pinging forward throttle to reduce drag braking into corners, not enough to push the car from a stop on it's own, but enough to help carry some speed into the corners. (I used to do this with my Neo-mag equipped cars once in a while)