E-mail or call for directions.
(404) 754-3410

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 9:30am
Racing Starts: 12:00pm

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
F1 - Any chassis mods and any FET safe motor.
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each (some still available for $10). This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track (foam mat surface)
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

usaserres
2007.12.09, 11:57 AM
I should be there.

I also have a question: On one of my cars, when I push or pull my throttle trigger on my transmitter, the steering servo gets agitated and this makes the car undrivable. Does this mean that the servo is shot or is there something I can do about this.
Thanks,

Denis

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.12.09, 06:10 PM
Patrick....post a pic of the track layout you are running now in your basement. Im trying to get some time to come to a race.

AtlRC
2007.12.09, 08:49 PM
Patrick....post a pic of the track layout you are running now in your basement. Im trying to get some time to come to a race.

Hey Chad... same track as last time we ran at my house. Hope you can make it.

AtlRC
2007.12.09, 10:32 PM
I should be there.

I also have a question: On one of my cars, when I push or pull my throttle trigger on my transmitter, the steering servo gets agitated and this makes the car undrivable. Does this mean that the servo is shot or is there something I can do about this.
Thanks,

Denis

If the motor is turning, could be a bad or disconnected capacitor on the motor... or the motor could generating a lot of rf noise for some reason (worn out brushes possibly). Also make sure your antennae wire's solder connections are good (both ends) and the antennae is securely screwed down with the wire. Servo shouldn't be the problem.

hpgod
2007.12.10, 06:30 AM
If the motor is turning, could be a bad or disconnected capacitor on the motor... or the motor could generating a lot of rf noise for some reason (worn out brushes possibly). Also make sure your antennae wire's solder connections are good (both ends) and the antennae is securely screwed down with the wire. Servo shouldn't be the problem.

Make sure the motor leads are tight also.

I am out this time around. My wife is going to need sleep and I need to finish my christmas shopping. I did get the part to fix my f1. I also picked up a new motor, speedy 07, I'll let you all know how it runs after christmas when my track is back up:)

pinoyboy
2007.12.10, 10:13 AM
I'll be there. I'm trying to see if I can also get a set of those new Team Orion batteries to test. Seems like they have decent reviews already

AtlRC
2007.12.10, 11:56 AM
I'll be there. I'm trying to see if I can also get a set of those new Team Orion batteries to test. Seems like they have decent reviews already

Sounds good. Where do you get those batteries? Are they supposed to be the latest greatest power cells?

pinoyboy
2007.12.10, 01:15 PM
Sounds good. Where do you get those batteries? Are they supposed to be the latest greatest power cells?

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3403

Yea, they're suppose to be pretty top notch. I like my duracells, but these are supposedly better

JJRACING
2007.12.10, 08:49 PM
I got a set of those 4 like 10 bucks through Tower Hobbies. Never got 2 try them though, but they look cool.
Wish I could be there 2 race with you guys. My cars are just sitting there collecting dust. :cool: :(

pinoyboy
2007.12.11, 12:21 AM
I got a set of those 4 like 10 bucks through Tower Hobbies. Never got 2 try them though, but they look cool.
Wish I could be there 2 race with you guys. My cars are just sitting there collecting dust. :cool: :(
Hey Jeff, we miss you racing with us :(. It would be great having one more person especially in the F1 class, which is pretty awesome

AtlRC
2007.12.11, 08:14 AM

Yeah, I wish you could come race with us! It's a shame to see a mini-z go to waste! Hope everything is going well for you up there. Send me an e-mail so I can get your contact info.

bemoore
2007.12.12, 03:52 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it this race. Both daughters have piano recitals this Saturday. I wonder if the wife would be interested in helping me set up a wireless video feed so I could watch them between heats? Nah. Better not even try that one. :D Oh, well. Catch you guys next race.

pinoyboy
2007.12.12, 04:44 PM
I contacted Mike and he said he will be going this saturday

pinoyboy
2007.12.15, 06:28 PM
Thanks for hosting and for the food Patrick :D. It was horrible driving home in the rain. There were accidents everywhere :(

AtlRC
2007.12.15, 06:36 PM
Thanks for hosting and for the food Patrick :D. It was horrible driving home in the rain. There were accidents everywhere :(

You're welcome! Glad you guys could make it and glad you got home OK! It was fun!

I'll post results later.