PDA

View Full Version : Motors for Germany...

Neomax
2007.12.09, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, i suppose this is one mainly for Matt, but anyone with any info they are willing to give would be greatly appreciated!
The question is, which motor? i use an X Speed in my open with single stack 4562's and it goes like sh*t off a stick and the batteries last pretty well, we're thinking of using an AWD stock for Germany but i'm not sure if that will be any better or faster than the X Speed, as being more powerfull it's likely to just make cornering harder as it may overpower and spin out, but the main quandery i have is battery longevity, being more powerfull will it use batteries faster.
I know technically we are the opposition but if you are willing to offer a little advice to first timers that would be great.
Thanks..

byebye
2007.12.09, 06:23 PM
Hey guys, i suppose this is one mainly for Matt, but anyone with any info they are willing to give would be greatly appreciated!
The question is, which motor? i use an X Speed in my open with single stack 4562's and it goes like sh*t off a stick and the batteries last pretty well, we're thinking of using an AWD stock for Germany but i'm not sure if that will be any better or faster than the X Speed, as being more powerfull it's likely to just make cornering harder as it may overpower and spin out, but the main quandery i have is battery longevity, being more powerfull will it use batteries faster.
I know technically we are the opposition but if you are willing to offer a little advice to first timers that would be great.
Thanks..

I know Jonny isn't using the motor I sent with the chassis I put together. Ask him if you can use it.

I originally wanted to run an x-speed in a ball bearing case. While on the RCP it was very quick and agile it lacked the torque for the carpet. There is somthing about the carpet. I'm not sure what it is but you'll definately need some torque.

Kris

michvin
2007.12.09, 11:07 PM
X-speed armature in the BB can with neo magnets is the combination if you want torque. Not much top end though and it has a LOT if drag brake.

mk2kompressor
2007.12.10, 12:35 AM
my thoughts are the same as above,although you could use an atm stock arm without the neos instead of the x speed arm :)
rumtime with this motor would be good

Neomax
2007.12.10, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it!
Byebye, is the motor you sent to Jonny ok with single stack 4562 FETs?

mk2kompressor
2007.12.10, 03:43 PM
mal,a little off topic,but did you send your car?

byebye
2007.12.10, 05:06 PM
mal,a little off topic,but did you send your car?

Yeah definately. It's good on the stock FET's but it really shines on 4562's.

Kris

Neomax
2007.12.13, 07:01 AM
Hi Matt, not yet :( been sooo busy with work and Christmas decs i forgot all about it untill last night when i got it out :(:(
Good news is i'll be coming to the event on the 30th!!! YEY! so if you want i'll send it to you and you can bring it to the event with you rather than post it back to me if you like?

@byebye, thats great, just got to see if Jonny will relinquish it to us ;) ?

mk2kompressor
2007.12.13, 07:53 AM
ok mal,i got a little worried lol
ill bring it to the meet no probs :D

BmwM3_Evo
2007.12.15, 11:45 AM
Dude, whens a good time to talk to you! Msn, Phone whatever...

And is the helios my christmas prezzy?

Neomax
2007.12.16, 08:13 AM
sorry Matt, was waayy too busy on Saturday to get out to the PO, so i'll have to post it tomorrow (monday) :(

Neomax
2007.12.22, 08:23 AM
Hey Matt, did you get Betty? I sent her on Monday via recorded delivery.
If you have, whats the prognosis? Can she be saved?

mk2kompressor
2007.12.22, 11:23 AM
i got her,all fixed mate :D

Neomax
2007.12.22, 11:59 AM
oh ... welll....thats... (tear in eye) absolutley fab, top job mate.... thank you veerrryyyy much!
Let me know what i owe you an i'll sort it for the 30th.
A really big thank you Matt.
Oh did you manage to see what caused it? i thought it was a bit of rogue solder that maybe i'd missed, as the solder job wasn't the tidiest in the world...lol!