PDA

View Full Version : Racing reports at Cruizin' with RC's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

xxam
2007.12.16, 08:44 AM
Weekly reports/links will be posted here.

fastharry
2007.12.16, 08:52 AM
Weekly reports/links will be posted here.

went racing at criuzin.....had a great time, nice track..good group of guys....

xxam
2007.12.16, 08:59 AM
Good turnout tonight. Steve had to run 3 heats to fit everyone in. Steve is working on getting me the race results to post. Harry won the B main, but didnt fair well after being bumped up into the A main. (get 'em next time Harry) I thought it was the night for Billy, but some traffic issues pushed him back too much to make up. Ron takes the win. Richmond struggled with glitching and missed most of the qualifiers and finals. After the first round, Ron located a disconnected antenna wire, (to the esc) , and voila! Richmond was able to compete in the second round of racing. If you like racing, come to Cruizin' with RC's on Friday nights and race TWICE!

first round: 3 qualifiers 1 final
2nd round: 1 qualifier 1 final

thats 30 minutes of timer time plus practice! Great night!

fastharry
2007.12.16, 09:35 AM
Good turnout tonight. Steve had to run 3 heats to fit everyone in. Steve is working on getting me the race results to post. Harry won the B main, but didnt fair well after being bumped up into the A main. (get 'em next time Harry) I thought it was the night for Billy, but some traffic issues pushed him back too much to make up. Ron takes the win. Richmond struggled with glitching and missed most of the qualifiers and finals. After the first round, Ron located a disconnected antenna wire, (to the esc) , and voila! Richmond was able to compete in the second round of racing. If you like racing, come to Cruizin' with RC's on Friday nights and race TWICE!

first round: 3 qualifiers 1 final
2nd round: 1 qualifier 1 final

thats 30 minutes of timer time plus practice! Great night!

ya know, I never though I would be so nervous in the A....but, being it was my first night racing( at rons, and with a mini z), I had the jitters... :)

The next time, I won't be so quick to give up my line.... ;)

but that being said, mini z racing is ALOT of fun......

Personally, I see myself running all year round.....and I am ITCHING to get an overland so we can race those......

xxam
2007.12.16, 09:58 AM
Hey Harry... yep I forgot to mention that Friday night was your FIRST "mini-z" race and you won the B mains! Deserving of this additional post! Nice job!

enzo1978
2007.12.17, 11:32 AM
I was definitey a great turn out friday night. I was a nice tight race between myself and fastharry. I'm thinking we should race the mini-z's all year round.
:)

xxam
2007.12.17, 12:04 PM
Yes it was a close one Enzo. The A main guys are talking about you...they are noticing! Keep it up. I think the plan is year round. As long as drivers come, races will happen!

enzo1978
2007.12.17, 09:10 PM
thanks guys! i really appreciate it. All you guys have been very helpful to me. Can't wait for the next race.

Yes it was a close one Enzo. The A main guys are talking about you...they are noticing! Keep it up. I think the plan is year round. As long as drivers come, races will happen!
:)

xxam
2007.12.22, 02:14 AM
Another great turnout. 3 heats.
Chip led the C mains, and bumped up to the B mains
JT lead the B mains in a great tight race, and bumped to the A mains
Ron won the A mains with Billy chasing after leading part of the way.

New racing background really dresses up this track! Fiery crashes line the underside lane hairpin, that leads into 16 feet of great, pit row photos. The top back stretch is lined with 120,000 specators viewing every race.
Come down and race!

http://www.cruizinrc.com (http://)

fastharry
2007.12.22, 09:13 AM
Another great turnout. 3 heats.
Chip led the C mains, and bumped up to the B mains
JT lead the B mains in a great tight race, and bumped to the A mains
Ron won the A mains with Billy chasing after leading part of the way.

New racing background really dresses up this track! Fiery crashes line the underside lane hairpin, that leads into 16 feet of great, pit row photos. The top back stretch is lined with 120,000 specators viewing every race.
Come down and race!

http://www.cruizinrc.com (http://)

It was tight between JT and myself, and he did the better job of keeping his cool.....I started to get newrvous, and shake....and I haven't done that in awhile...

my point is, is that MINI Z racing is WAY way more competitive than alot of people think.......Super size racing in a 6 inch car. And you feel so connected, because they are right there next to you...

Imagine the fun you would have being 100 foot tall and watching racing at Watkins Glen........Being able to see ALL the cars in a road race is great to watch...

PLUS, unlike outdoor touring car, everyone races real looking bodies.....that are all varied.......

Just a whole lot of FUN..........Great racing, good people to race with....AND,

A chinese restaurant next door, a pizza parlor across the street, and a clean bathroom.....

xxam
2007.12.22, 09:19 AM
great analogy harry... I had a bad night racing, but STILL had fun! Mini-Z racing fills my racing desire! (its also very addicting)

xxam
2007.12.29, 10:33 AM
Great night racing. Store was packed and we needed 4 finals in fit everyone. Mini-Z-racing is hot at Cruizin on Friday's! :D
Tonight was Tim's night, taking the A main finals in clean fashion, 1st from the start to the end, he wins by a lap with the only sub 9 second pace- 8.96 ! Steve takes 1st in the B main, streaking past the field by 2 laps. In the C mains, my favorite :D Jim R takes 1st by 2 laps as well. In the D mains, Richmond takes the win, also by 2 laps!

Last night we had a hot dog vendor set up in the lobby, and offer chili dogs and soda for sale. Goes perfect with racing! Ask Joe!

This week I have the sheets for last night's racing. I will post them on the Cruizin website, sometime today. Have a look/see...

Mini Z racing at Cruizin (http://www.cruizinrc.com)

Racing again...TONIGHT!

xxam
2008.01.09, 08:49 AM
Tonight was the first ever " mini cooper" class at Cruizin with RC's. Have a cooper? c'mon down and race it on Friday night!
Ron wins the first " mini cooper" race by 5 laps.

In the open class, we had 3 mains: A, B, and C with bump ups.
C main was taken by Harry. He single lapped the field to get bumped up to the B main.
B main was taken by JimR. He lapped the field by 3! Ben second, and Alex close behind for third!
A main was taken by Ron, also by a margin of 3 laps. Steve Charles finishes 2nd!

The sheets for last night's racing, are posted on the Cruizin website. Have a look/see...

enzo1978
2008.01.09, 09:55 AM
Forgive me Jim but i cannot find the race results. Been looking for about 10 min.

Tonight was the first ever " mini cooper" class at Cruizin with RC's. Have a cooper? c'mon down and race it on Friday night!
Ron wins the first " mini cooper" race by 5 laps.

In the open class, we had 3 mains: A, B, and C with bump ups.
C main was taken by Harry. He single lapped the field to get bumped up to the B main.
B main was taken by JimR. He lapped the field by 3! Ben second, and Alex close behind for third!
A main was taken by Ron, also by a margin of 3 laps. Steve Charles finishes 2nd!

The sheets for last night's racing, are posted on the Cruizin website. Have a look/see...

xxam
2008.01.09, 10:14 AM
enzo... racing page then results. (bottom right in red, above car)
http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html

enzo1978
2008.01.09, 03:10 PM
thanks jim

enzo... racing page then results. (bottom right in red, above car)
http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html

Chicken Little
2008.01.10, 03:54 PM
Hey Jim, it's Richmond! We definitely had a nice "time attack" session yesterday. Hopefully Ron will keep the course for a couple of weeks more.

xxam
2008.01.10, 07:34 PM
yeah... that was great! I only stopped in to tune and test my car, and within an hour we had enough drivers for a heat right in the middle of a work day! Thats the kind of driving that helps you best!

Chicken Little
2008.01.10, 09:13 PM
...next thing we need to do is test the speedy '05 against '07 both using 7 tooth pinion, fresh 900mah batteries, and both at 67 on the throttle epa. :)

enzo1978
2008.01.12, 09:59 AM
Sorry guys l, I couldn't make it last night. Are you guys racing Saturday night??

xxam
2008.01.12, 10:53 AM
Busy Friday night at Cruizin with RC's!

3 mains -
Jim R takes the C main, Joe G follows in 2nd
AnthonyP takes the B main by almost a lap with Kevin in 2nd
In the A main, Tim edges Leo by 1/4 lap for the win, Steve in 3rd,
and Ron in 4th. (<--whew) :eek:

Yes Cooper racing is still here!
Tim takes the A main by almost a lap over Dave M to complete the sweep tonght! Nice racing Tim! :D

Next week on Friday, racing will begin at 7:20!!!! :eek: Dont be late or you may miss a qualifier or 2 ... period.

Missed last night?? Come in tonight! Racing again 7pm!

Racing results (http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html)

enzo1978
2008.01.12, 12:55 PM
Wow, Ron in 4th, I have never heard of such a thing. See you guys tonight

Busy Friday night at Cruizin with RC's!

3 mains -
Jim R takes the C main, Joe G follows in 2nd
AnthonyP takes the B main by almost a lap with Kevin in 2nd
In the A main, Tim edges Leo by 1/4 lap for the win, Steve in 3rd,
and Ron in 4th. (<--whew) :eek:

Yes Cooper racing is still here!
Tim takes the A main by almost a lap over Dave M to complete the sweep tonght! Nice racing Tim! :D

Next week on Friday, racing will begin at 7:20!!!! :eek: Dont be late or you may miss a qualifier or 2 ... period.

Missed last night?? Come in tonight! Racing again 7pm!

Racing results (http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html)

xxam
2008.01.19, 10:56 AM
I POSTED THE WRONG DATE ON THE TOPIC-->> SHOULD BE 01/19/08
In the C mains, John C drove past Markus by 8 secs to bump into the Bmains. Markus raced with his custom 2.4 spectrum MR-02 - Nice!!!!!!!

In the B mains, LarryP beats the field by 3 laps and bumps into the A Mains. Way to go Larry.

Tim edges Dave for the A Main win by almost 6 secs. Steve takes third. Jimr used good qualifying times to join the A main field for the first time, however finishing in the top 3 proved a bit harder. :eek: Jimr and Larryp closed the amains in 4th and 5th.

Mini-z cooper class was tight. All cars finished on the same lap. Again Tim was the car to beat and no one caught him on this night. Dave had second and Ron had third.

Cruizin with RC's website (http://www.cruzinrc.com)

Racing tonight (Saurday-01/19/08) at 7pm. Be there!

xxam
2008.01.20, 09:47 AM
:) Richmond wins the B main by 3 laps, and bumps into the A-mains (edit) for his first A-main ever!

:D JimR came all the way from 5th to edge Steve by 1/4 lap to take his first ever A-main win! :) Steve had a whiney 2nd :cool: with Matt and Richmond following!

Cruizin with RC's website and results (http://www.cruizinrc.com/pages/racingresults.html)

Chicken Little
2008.01.20, 08:43 PM
"Steve had a whiney 2nd" LoL! Good one Jim and congrats. This was also my first A-main race...just thought I'd add to my list. :D

xxam
2008.01.20, 09:20 PM
I meant to add that, but forgot... I went back and edited it for you! Congrats Richmond!! I know there will be more!

xxam
2008.01.27, 11:06 AM
Nick wins the cmain :D and bumps into the bmain, while Jose takes 2nd!
The general wins the bmain w/ 33 laps for another visit in 2 days into the amains. Jersey stays close for 2nd place finish in the b.
Ron takes 1st w/ a blazing 37 laps :eek:, Dave in 2nd at a lap behind. The bump up "Richmond" secured 3rd with his personal best 34 laps! Way to go Richmond!!:D

Cruizin with RC's website and results (http://www.cruizinrc.com)

Chicken Little
2008.01.27, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the post Jim.That was one helluva race for sure. It definitely pays to practice constantly not to mention having awesome people like you, Ron, Steve, Bill and the rest of the crew to help you out and guide you to the right direction.

The track is surely producing good drivers and some with great potential!

When can we see the next "Jim and Steve" battle? Hope you're feeling better by the way.

xxam
2008.02.02, 09:03 AM
What a race for the C main, which was won by Jose (Silver Star). Markus led the race from lap 1 for 27 laps, only to be passed within the last .75 sec of the race. My heart goes out to you man, but you also have to give it to Jose, who stayed with it!! Nice! I noticed you had 25 laps Jose..wasnt that the goal? :D

The B main had 7 lead changes between the same 2 drivers. :eek: Congrats to Steve Maizer who took the last lead with 1.75 seconds remaining, and held on to bump up to the A mains!

Ron won the A mains with a 37 lap effort. (looks like Ron has that look in his eye again) Tim had 2nd with 36, Dave followed in 3rd.

Friday was Mini-Coopers again.
Tim took 1st with 33 laps, Ron in 2nd, with Dave in 3rd. Dave lost his roof along the way, and finished in convertable style! :cool:

xxam
2008.02.03, 10:09 AM
duplicate...edited, see next entry for results info.

xxam
2008.02.03, 10:10 AM
The B main had everyone within 1 lap of each other at the finish. 3 racers finished on the same lap, and Enzo :D took the win and bump up by 1.23 seconds.
Nick "C Main" :cool: took a close second, with Richmond and JackDaWack in tow.

In the A main, Ron soared to a 4 lap lead, to beat up on Jersey Matt and Steve. JimR and Enzo tailed them. JimR had best lap :D with 7.86 despite the bad position. :(

Chicken Little
2008.02.03, 03:47 PM
Jim, that was my first ever MM chassis race and I pulled a 31 lap...

xxam
2008.02.09, 09:36 AM
Markus showed us, and proved to himself that slower is faster in mini-z racing! He turned in a personal best of 27 laps for a C main WIN! Mike Fantauzzi took second!

JT rolled 33 laps :D to take the B mains away from Joe G in second (30 laps) Joe is getting consistant with the 30lap finishes :cool: ! John C, Vince, and Marcus finished out the field order.

Tonight we had Willy Wong here for a visit. Ron edged him in the first qualifier. Willy's car left the track in the last 30 seconds, dropping him into
2nd. Ron won the 2nd qualifier as well when Willy was hung up in traffic. Willy couldnt stay for the finals, however he TQ'ed with a sizzling 7.29 :eek:

Ron won the A mains with a blazing 39 lap effort, beating the field by 7 laps and logging a 7.34 lap in the process...whew. Dave took second. Jimr had
2nd for awhile, but couldnt hold up to Dave's constant pursuit, and lost it to him for a third place A main finish. Steve Charles and JT followed in order.

xxam
2008.03.01, 11:45 AM
Looks like Mini-zracer lost 3 weeks of posts here...arrggg..... anyway,

2 heats of us braved the snow forecast and raced. Im glad I did ! :D

Vince Morris wins the B-main, and bumped to the A. John C matched his laps, but fell short in time and landed with second place. Markus takes 3rd. way to go!

JimR wins the A main by 3 laps (hey I know him), :D , with Richmond in second and Vince in third. Richmond, Vince, and Nick all finished on the same lap! (nick's laps had to be adjusted from a possible bad transponder.)

Next races...tonight 7-8pm start.
NOTE: NEXT SATURDAY we are planning to make a visit to Action RC in Staten Island Talk to Ron or Jim for details.

xxam
2008.03.02, 09:49 AM
Steve M won the B- main by 4 laps over Max, third was Joey followed by Will.
Steve bumped to the A main.

A -main had Ron rise to the top by 2 laps over JimR who finished second. Steve C followed in third, with Steve M and Vince following.

In a race after the finals, Ron challenged everyone with his new 2.4 "stock" car. He beat everyone except Steve C, who edged him only by a few seconds. Ouch!

Cruizin with RC's website (http://www.cruizinrc.com)

ActionRC
2008.03.11, 02:09 PM
Hey, guys. Just wanted to let you know we had a great time racing with you guys, and we look froward to your next trip. Thanks for coming down!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
Staten Island, NY

xxam
2008.03.15, 10:30 AM
Hey Al, we enjoyed our visit, and the food from that Deli very much. We will be back after the Atomic race sometime. Hope you guys had fun last night with the group from Saddle Brook.

Jim

Hey, guys. Just wanted to let you know we had a great time racing with you guys, and we look froward to your next trip. Thanks for coming down!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
Staten Island, NY

xxam
2008.03.15, 10:40 AM
Vince rose to the top of the C main, :D and bumped to race again in the B Main.

Nick and Jack, proved to be too much for him to advance again, and Nick went on to the Amain, just shy of a lap ahead of Jack.

Jersey Matt wins his FIRST Amain!:cool::cool: He won by 3 laps:D, followed by Steve in 2nd, and Gene...errrr Richmond in 3rd :D

Its getting time to break into classes.. hope its soon!

xxam
2008.03.16, 09:36 AM
Jimr takes the Bmain by 7 laps, to bump to the A-main. Biily, Kevin, Max, and Charlie followed.

Ron comes back from Pneumonia, and no racing this past week and wins the A main, with 58 laps. Matt, Steve, Jimr, Nick followed. Matt had best time of 7:51

xxam
2008.04.06, 09:42 AM
Nick raced a short field, and bumped up out of the D main, into the C
In a pretty tight C main race, Keven held on from start to finish to bump to the B mains, followed by Vonce Charlie, and Nick.

In the B Main, Steve wins by 2 laps, to bump to the A main. Jim, Jack and Kevin followed.

In the A main, Dave came from the 4th position to win the A main. After the first 2 laps, he had a clean race. Ron took 2nd, with Steve and Matt following. Congrats to Dave!

xxam
2008.04.12, 09:09 AM
For the first time at Cruizin, a new 2.4 with a stock tx wins the A-Main!! Billy Curtis drove into first place during the 11th lap, and held on for the rest of the race to take the win! Way to go Billy... your a master of the new tx! Dave, Ron, Steve, and Enzo followed in that order, with the first 3 positions on the same lap!

Enzon won the B-Main by a lap, and bumped into the A-mains. Jim, Jason. Markus, Joe, followed.

NOTE: we went down to the underground on-road track after the z race, and watched Ron's Inferno GT ride the course. Lighting was recently installed, and seeing the simulation under the lights indicates that on-road racing is progressing at Cruizin and quickly becoming a reality! Stay tuned.

bermbuster
2008.07.31, 09:17 PM
I havent seen any activity here in a long time....are you still racing mini z s on Friday nights???
Congrats on 20 years of business....

GIHOSU
2008.09.12, 09:56 PM
Hey George,

Ron wants to start up Mini-Z racing 2 nights a week, he was asking me about the nights that would be best, He is looking to run on Tuesday and Saturday nights.

Everyone who wants to race should let him know their best nights so we can get things going.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOPS! IF THEY DON'T HAVE IT, ASK FOR IT...

enzo1978
2008.09.22, 10:43 AM
wassup guys. I haven't been on here in a while. As far as racing nights, would anyone be interested in sunday afternoon racing?? What about friday nights?

TimmyB
2008.10.09, 02:31 PM
They said they will be racing Mini Z's tonight at Cruizin RC's in Waldwick NJ make sure to spread the word around. Probably around 7 p.m.

Cherub1m
2008.10.15, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone

I heard Cruizin With RC's and Maj's Hobby Shop may consider running a point series involving going to both places. Not sure what the rules will be but I think this is a great idea and people will be able to run two great track that are very different and have there own challenging characteristics. I think this is a great opportunity to have some great racing and also meet some new people and share ideas. Thats what racing is all about.

It would be great to hear from the racers that are interested.

Slubben
2008.10.16, 09:42 AM
Count me in!

JuniorWKR
2008.10.16, 11:23 AM
count me in also. if we could do thursdays at majs and sats at rons i think that would be awsome. right now maj consistently turns out between 14 - 18 racers every thurs so combined should make for some awsome racing. cant wait for the oppurtunity to race on a different track and meet new racers and their tuning techniques. hope it all works out.

bermbuster
2008.10.27, 09:49 PM
Is anybody out there from Rons??? Are you guys racing ??? and when???

Atomic-USA
2010.12.12, 11:17 AM
Berm, here is answer to your question 2+ years later. Yesterday was my first race at Cruizin. See results and videos(not all races were recorded due to camera capacity):

B-Main Narrow 90mm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUatyVM0O2c)

A-Main Narrow 90mm (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42_Ih2qEts)

A-Main LeMans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLC8007xHQ)

A-Main 2WD MOD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5LXHgcoKdk)

Renault Megane SPEC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbunP0Gbde4)

There were 10 races:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0569.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0570.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0572.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0573.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0574.jpg

Cruizin carries an impressive amount of inventory from Atomic / Kyosho and other Mini-z hop-up manufacturers. It may be the most well stocked Mini-z shop in North America. Below is just a portion of it, there are a L...O....T more parts on the wall.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0252.jpg

Cherub1m
2010.12.12, 11:41 AM
Nice pictures and videos Sai. Yeah that was lots of fun many classes and I was able to bring out the LM and 90mm MINI out of retirement :D.

Steve did a great job keeping things moving along. 10 races :eek: and still got out at a decent time.

Scrapper
2010.12.12, 01:02 PM
Had a blast stu was second to sai in narrow even though i was 5 laps down

bermbuster
2010.12.12, 02:37 PM
Berm, here is answer to your question 2+ years later.

Better late than never.....:)

EMU
2010.12.13, 12:20 AM
LM and Mini were lots of fun. I made a few changes to my Mod car, and it just didnt work out. I think I had too much power with too little drag brake. Once I got the rear to hook up, I lost a lot of steering.

Slapstick10
2010.12.15, 11:53 AM
Could be that EMU racing is just not up to par!!!:D:D

fraga
2011.01.06, 11:33 PM
So what are the classes and their rules?

PadrinoNY
2011.01.06, 11:42 PM
So what are the classes and their rules?

Hey Javier just click my link in the signature down below and go to the events page. You'll see local track scheduling.

fraga
2011.01.07, 12:02 PM
Hey Javier just click my link in the signature down below and go to the events page. You'll see local track scheduling.

Yep, got it, thanks! But what are the specs/rules for each class so I know how to set up?

Mod 2wd - Guess any 2wd chassis/body with any motor.
Megane 2wd - What's this?
LeMans & 90mm Narrow/Skinny's - Is skinny the same as Narrow? Is it only 90mm and my 94mm Narrow is not allowed?

-j

Chicken Little
2011.01.07, 12:52 PM
2wd mod: 94 or 98mm with approved body. (No Pan Car, Le Mans, Megane)
Megane/Hatchback: 94mm with TRP Renault Megane Body or Subaru WRX STI hatch. Open Motor.
Skinny/90mm: Store approved non modified PN 70 turn motor required, 90mm only with front 0 offset wheel all around (square set-up)
LeMans: 102mm Kyosho LeMans body with stock wing with Kyosho LeMans wheels front and rear. Open motor.
Kids/Novice: Kyosho stock/ stock PN 70 turn motor. Any wheelbase.

Chicken Little
2011.01.07, 01:06 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0328.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0330.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0331.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0332.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0333.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0334.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/rllanto24/IMG_0335.jpg

fraga
2011.01.07, 01:39 PM
Skinny/90mm: Store approved non modified PN 70 turn motor required, 90mm only with front 0 offset wheel all around (square set-up)

Thanks! So the "square set-up" on the Skinny means all wheels need to be 0N front and back for a 0N,0N setup, correct? A 0N,0W would not be allowed?

Chicken Little
2011.01.07, 02:55 PM
That's correct. You must use fronts all around (square set-up).

fraga
2011.01.07, 03:16 PM
That's correct. You must use fronts all around (square set-up).

Got it. So it is a narrow front setup (MR-015 width equivalent) chassis set to 90mm with 4 narrow, 0 offset wheels.

And any body that would fit on that setup would do? So if I mount rear narrow 0 offset rims to a 90mm Porsche that normally uses 0N front and 0W back would that be legal?

Thanks!
-j

Chicken Little
2011.01.07, 11:50 PM
Technically it would, but the most common types they use are the Silvia, Mini Cooper, VW Beetle or any of the MA010 drifter bodies with the narrow tire set-up. It just would not look right using a Porsche body, I have tried it but didn't like the way it looked.

fraga
2011.01.08, 02:45 AM
Technically it would, but the most common types they use are the Silvia, Mini Cooper, VW Beetle or any of the MA010 drifter bodies with the narrow tire set-up. It just would not look right using a Porsche body, I have tried it but didn't like the way it looked.

Thanks! Will you be there tomorrow?

SaiTam
2011.01.10, 12:29 AM
1/8/11 videos are now on Youtube. Click on my signature to see them. 10 races uploaded.

Cherub1m
2011.01.10, 01:25 AM
1/8/11 videos are now on Youtube. Click on my signature to see them. 10 races uploaded.

Nice Videos Sai. Great racing, lots of very close battles.

EMU
2011.01.10, 01:12 PM
Philip, that Mini was working... I thought for sure once you got in front you would pull away from the field. I dont know if I increased pace, or you dropped off... but I started to close the gap a little. Your mini was very good in the left side of the track, my car seemed to be better on the right side. You can see that difference in the video...

In the Hatch class, I knew I couldnt make one mistake. Elvin's Megane is fast, my Subaru was smooth and carried lots of corner speed but lacked the acceleration that his Megane had.

I had a great run with Ron in LM. I hit the board on lap 2, and he got by. I raced him very close for a few laps trying to force an error...

Cherub1m
2011.01.11, 04:18 PM
Hey Eugene, yeah the Mini was working very well, it was easy to drive and I think your right I started to lost punch and top end at the end of the race. It could have been batteries or maybe I need to learn to save my batteries a little more during the race. But without a doubt a great race.

EMU
2011.01.11, 05:19 PM
The amount of pressure you gave me early... I knew I couldnt hold you back for long. Especially because I couldnt get the power down with the RX-7 as well as I could with the Mini. Maybe I need to try a different t-plate, with a little more f/r compliance. I broke the t-plate that I had the first time I raced with the Mini, and am looking for a few options... I dont want to go too soft laterally, as I already lift the inside front wheel from time to time if I push it too hard. I am using an ATM silver 5.5. Maybe I should try an ATM blue 7.5 and see if that helps. I may also try a Kyosho wide. PN t-plates are more front/rear stiff than laterally stiff, and dont work very well for my setup style, especially since my Mini is a DDS car not a Tri-damper setup like most of my other cars. I have a few ideas to try for the next race.

Cherub1m
2011.01.12, 12:29 AM
Yeah I agree the PN t-plates are very f/r stiff I prefer a bit more f/r compliance, at least enough to where the car (race ready) settles down about 1 to 1/2 a mm once the car is placed on the ground, but still have enough suspension travel. I like some mild lateral compliance. I have most of the Atomic 03 silver plates and I believe I have all the blue 03 T-plate and they work great (blue ones are a bit softer then the silver plates). For my Mini I use an 02 with modified front end to become narrow and use the soft silver ATM 02 T-plate sometime my Mini will pick up the inside front wheel or if going in very hot into a sharp turn the inside rear wheel will pick up (I have a tendency to start throwing the cars around, I find I can reduce/illiminate 3 wheeling if I am smoother on the wheel). I made some changes to my ride height and damper plates and built another Mini with the ATM rear mount, I cant wait to try it out again. I should be racing again this Sat. at Ron's hope to see you there.

EMU
2011.01.12, 12:52 PM
I plan to build another 90mm setup (with ATM mount) to compare to the PN setup as well. I think that both have their strengths and weaknesses, so they will be interesting to see which works better. I am happy that there are more than one 90mm MM mount now.

Chicken Little
2011.01.12, 08:31 PM
Philip hey, it's Richmond. Watching the 90mm race with you wheeling your mini cooper was awesome. Hope to see more of that action between you, Jason and Eugene.

Cherub1m
2011.01.13, 04:51 PM
Hey Richmond

Yeah that was fun. Hope I can drive the Mini Cooper like that again this Saturday, and this time win the race :D the reality the competition is tight (but pleasant and fun) and many guys there could have won the race. I was fortunate to take the win from Jason on the B main to bump up to the A main, his Mini Cooper had A main written all over it, he was on rails. I made some changes to my Cooper's damper system, will see if that translate to more corner speed.

Cherub1m
2011.01.13, 09:01 PM
Here are some pictures of the Mini with the ATM Motor mount.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31092&stc=1&d=1295054370

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31094&stc=1&d=1295054370

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31095&stc=1&d=1295054370

EMU
2011.01.14, 02:00 PM
Philip, are you running a bottom disc? If so, does it clear the posts on the chassis?

I worked on my ATM 90mm setup a little last night as well. I just got in the ATM DPS plate for the setup, although I made a couple modifications. I swapped the discs and springs out for Kawada discs and springs (smaller discs with cone springs) top and bottom. Installed the DPS post in the rear screw hole, DPS plate in rear position. Shaved down the DPS plate to clear damper arm on the mount. Now I just have to figure out a top shock... if I need it. I built it up on an old MR02 chassis for the time being, but it has no front end at all, as I dont have a narrow tower bar set or tie rod... In general, I feel that this setup will have more grip than the PN as there is more articulation and the DPS post is closer to the pivot, which I think will make it smoother when the suspension loads. I will see about getting a pic of the setup, but I dont have a camera besides my cell, and its a pain to get the pics on my computer from the cell since I dont have an SD card.

Would you be able to resize the pics so that the screen is not distorted? It is a little difficult reading posts when you have to scroll left/right. ;)

Cherub1m
2011.01.14, 03:44 PM
Hey Eugene

Only using a top plate. Two plates maybe to much but who knows it was designed for two, I used spare PN carbon damper, disk and a Kyosho aluminum post(it was something extra in the package because I am using the Kyosho F1 Damper on my F1) for the F1 Damper system Had to shave it down to allow clearance. The Motor mount moves very well and it is smooth. I tested it on my Mini96 it seems to run just has smooth has my PN 90mm set up but the real test will be when I try it on a bigger track.

Yeah sorry about the large picture, I took it from my phone, emailed it to myself and didn't have time to reduce the size. I will later tonight or this weekend.

Cherub1m
2011.01.14, 08:22 PM
Pictures updated

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31092&stc=1&d=1295054370

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31094&stc=1&d=1295054370

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31095&stc=1&d=1295054370

SaiTam
2011.01.15, 10:27 AM
Looks like the Overland 11 or 10T pinion fits right in.

SaiTam
2011.01.16, 10:07 PM
Saturday (or Sunday early Morning) was a long night but I managed to get home before 3am. I think there were 30+ racers including the kid racers in the room. Click on my signature to see the videos:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0926.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0932.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0930.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0933.jpg

Cherub1m
2011.01.17, 10:41 PM
Saturday (or Sunday early Morning) was a long night but I managed to get home before 3am. I think there were 30+ racers including the kid racers in the room. Click on my signature to see the videos:

Nice pictures and video Sai. Yeah, lots of racers, the house was packed and also some great racing.

spork01
2011.01.18, 01:33 AM
Well guys. After being at the shop tonight til about 1 tonight I have to say the RCP is gone and the new carpet is in. But unfortunately we cant run on it til Thursday being we have to wait for the glue to setup underneath the track. I believe Ron going to run a couple practice days for free Thursday and Friday in order to break in the carpet a lil and help people to set up for the change in surface. Ill keep you guys posted or if you sign up through his emailers on his site I believe he'll send an email for all who signed up.

-Chuck

EMU
2011.01.18, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the info Chuck :) How does it smell with the glue, must make work fun ;)

Cherub1m
2011.01.18, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the update Chuck. Will you post any pictures of the new track?

spork01
2011.01.18, 04:09 PM
The fish smell was great being i couldnt smell it much myself. But Ill post a few pics tonight after i get out of there.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs025.snc6/165521_10150093119293390_751803389_5974529_1712167 _n.jpg

Now the bad news :( we got the wrong carpet we found after testing it............... So RCP on saturday. Rons was kinda crushed by it but hes looking to be the best he can be still.

Cherub1m
2011.01.18, 10:29 PM
The fish smell was great being i couldnt smell it much myself. But Ill post a few pics tonight after i get out of there.

Now the bad news :( we got the wrong carpet we found after testing it............... So RCP on saturday. Rons was kinda crushed by it but hes looking to be the best he can be still.

Wow sorry to hear that. Whats wrong with that carpet?

spork01
2011.01.18, 11:21 PM
The pile was to high on the carpet putting to much drag on minizs. You couldnt really even drive it being that the car dragged along on the bottom. Good thing is that you can run bigger scales on it but minizs are the crowd currently and you have to cater to your biggest (only atm) turnout.

Id like see to see the same amount of people come again on Saturday even though it was long. It was a good time had by all.

Im trying to see if a can get a PA in for Saturday so I can yell at some marshalls:D Every week we're trying to get better.

Cherub1m
2011.01.19, 01:22 AM
The pile was to high on the carpet putting to much drag on minizs. You couldnt really even drive it being that the car dragged along on the bottom. Good thing is that you can run bigger scales on it but minizs are the crowd currently and you have to cater to your biggest (only atm) turnout.

Id like see to see the same amount of people come again on Saturday even though it was long. It was a good time had by all.

Im trying to see if a can get a PA in for Saturday so I can yell at some marshalls:D Every week we're trying to get better.

Man, pile to high. I guess that was Kyosho's fault? Will carpet still be in the horizon? A PA system sounds good. I guess this mean RCP for now until further notice. Yeah last Saturday racing was amazing.

Well, thanks for the update Chuck.

bermbuster
2011.01.19, 07:19 AM

Is the carpet ozite?

spork01
2011.01.19, 12:07 PM
Is the carpet ozite?

its not. we were trying to find the surface that kyoshos route 246 track used we got a model number for the carpet type but it didnt work out when we attempted to test it being the number we got wasnt correct when we compared how it felt. Now its nice to lay rcp on top of. :(

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs074.snc6/168455_10150093681958390_751803389_5981124_7241995 _n.jpg

NEW LAYOUT OF THE TIME BEING. I HOPE YOUR TRIGGERS GO ALL THE WAY BACK

Chicken Little
2011.01.23, 02:21 AM
What a night! The new layout is fast to say the least. Kudos to Steve for directing the flow of the race and allowing us to get home early enough. I was really happy with my result. :)

Cherub1m
2011.01.23, 09:05 AM
Sounds good. Should be there next Sat. Did you guys start right at 7P? and what time did you guys end?

Chicken Little
2011.01.23, 09:42 AM
We ended at 12 sharp but people stayed after just to shoot the breeze and tweak their cars a little bit.

spork01
2011.01.23, 10:54 AM
Sounds good. Should be there next Sat. Did you guys start right at 7P? and what time did you guys end?

we got started around 7:15 and were definitely done by 12 so :)

Carpets definitely on its way this time the right stuff there was no f'n around. but it wont be in till maybe after next Saturday or the week after.

Z-inim
2011.01.24, 05:21 PM
Hey Philip... It was nice, started just after 7pm, and over just after 12. Steve had a PA, and although he felt funny talking in the beginning, he became a ham near the end, calling play by plays for all to hear. On another note... Cruizin is adding another night for Mini-Z, and a NEW CLASS type on THURSDAYS.. (18 scale short course trucks) see below...
Jim

“OVER THE HUMP DAY” racing announcement :

NEW - Racing this Thursday 6pm – (practice starts at 4pm)

Mini-Z: 2 wheel mod class, (for now) – We intend to make this a regular recurring event in “ADDITION TO” our regular Saturday night Mini-Z racing.

SC-18: NEW RACE CLASS - We will also be running Team Associated SC18 1/18 Scale RTR 4WD Short Course Trucks. Have one? BRING IT!! (stock class only) These work well on the new layout RCP track, and right out of the box. Don’t have one? Call Ron or Steve and get one! Or just come and watch these trucks, they are FUN and easy to drive! We have quite a few in line to race this week, already.

BE THERE!

Note: No carpet for at least this Thursday, still working on it.

Ron

Cruizin’ with RC’s
201-445-8080

EMU
2011.01.24, 05:29 PM
Sounds good Ron... How late do you guys expect to close on Thursdays?

Cherub1m
2011.01.25, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the update Jim

cruizinrc
2011.01.25, 01:44 PM
id hope to get everyone out by 10 not sure tho as it will be the first night we are trying but either way will will do our best

cruizinrc
2011.01.30, 03:15 AM
wanted to say thanks to everyone who came tonight and getting the night to run so smooth,an extra thankyou to Jim,Chuck,and my mom and a special thanks to my right hand guy steve charles as if it wasn't for him id be nothing.......25 plus people with a total of 60 cars run and we still made it out around 12:30
wanted to say i had a great time and some really good racing with a bunch of good guys that i swapped some positions with Eugene being my main competitor and Shafiq,Jason,Phillip,richmon and elvin and too all else who i ran door to door with and who all gave me some nice clean racing ....
I had a really good night and want to thank everyone who came as you all made my night go smooth
ron
ps Bondo,Dave,Billy thanks for being around....

sjm324
2011.01.30, 11:25 AM
Just wanted to say thanx to the cruizin crew, Me and Scott had a great time last night...Ron and Steve you guys run a good show, i am looking forward to coming back....next time i will bring a chair :)....see you all soon

SaiTam
2011.01.30, 12:14 PM
Missed Racing for 2 weeks but now the apartment move is over I should be back this weekend or next.

Slapstick10
2011.01.30, 12:31 PM
I agree with Adam! I had a great time it was alot of fun. I needed that! Sai glad to see your back in Action.....get it!. The sc18's is very interesting ...
Ron I'm gonna need those two wires for the esc we spoke about. See you guys soon. Steve what else can I say......your the man bro...Good job!!!:D

lawndart
2011.01.30, 06:01 PM
how was the SC18 racing? How many people turned out? Any footage?

EMU
2011.01.30, 06:10 PM
My laptop recently broke, so I dont have internet access except for when Im at work...

Racing was great last night. I wish I was able to gt the win in LM... thats the one that I really wanted. Ron drove a great race, getting inside of me on the first turn off the start (my car developed a mid corner push after the wing/wheel changes that I made last race), and I couldnt stay tight to the corner to block him and stay on throttle... He never looked back, and I did close the gap to about .3s, only to lose 2 seconds on the last lap and any chance at the win.

SC18 racing looks like a lot of fun... They kind of jump the RCP rails a little as well. I preferred watching stock brushed powered cars like Steve and Rons to overpowered/underhandling like Elvins. Shafiqs rally car looked like a lot of fun too, although I could clearly see that he had considerably less tire grip than the trucks.

I was happy to get my mod car back into good shape. The win with that means a lot, as last time I raced it I wanted to pick it up and throw it :rolleyes: My Megane is completely different than Elvins in its setup approach. Elvins car is rediculously fast, mine is smooth... Its interesting to see where we gain and lose speed. Regardless, he gave me a hell of a battle... I really had to earn the win that time.

cruizinrc
2011.01.30, 08:52 PM
We didn't video the sc18 race as we spend to much time just getting night to go smooth.....missed sai for camera,might tape thur but not sure as it might be first night with new surface.......

cruizinrc
2011.01.30, 08:57 PM
Eugene it was an awesome LM race I couldn't believe you left a door open on the 3rd turn for me to sneak by,I drove my tail off to win that race and I know that when your behind me looking for a pass back you make sure it's a perfect pass or you'll wait....I'm honored to race with you and be able to hang with your driving skill
Ron

WSR
2011.02.01, 12:38 PM
Ron its Tim,

so whats the update on the new carpet/track going down? Is it gonna be down for this weekend. I hope i can make it Saturday but im not sure.

cruizinrc
2011.02.01, 01:16 PM
carpet was on the dock yesterday i think storm is keeping it away today,with that i dont think i can get it installed by thur night so will do it next week
ron

Cherub1m
2011.02.02, 06:57 AM
Yep, great racing last Sat. very tight, everyone was fast, however, consistency was the key. Steve is getting realy confortable on that mic. Nice show guys.

Chicken Little
2011.02.02, 12:06 PM
I can't wait for Saturday. Running along with the fast guys definitely makes me "step my game up". Thanks to Elvin, I think my Megane is going in the right direction instead of heading to the trash. Again, kudos to Steve for a smooth race direction and to Ron for supplying us with an awesome place to have fun!

SaiTam
2011.02.06, 09:52 AM
CARPET RACING IS AWESOME! Big thanks to Ron for the carpet conversion. Now the cars drive like 1/12th scale and there is no need to true down tires/dealing with RCP dust and inconsistent traction/tiles, etc...... Besides tire change I ran the same car from last race. I'm going to run 35T next week vs. 48T since I can put much more power down efficiently. AWD also rocks on Carpet Sam Gotts was running Stock R motor in his AWD and he said it wasn't fast enough. Cars also come back clean after racing which is a bonus.

Race results and photos:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1045.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1046.jpg

*Note: A-Main Skinny's close finish

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1047.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1044.jpg

My 2WD Mod car:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1018.jpg

Pucho's rides:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1021.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1020.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1019.jpg

SaiTam
2011.02.06, 09:58 AM
Me and Pucho finished A-Main skinnys 1/10th of a second apart!
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1026.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1030.jpg

actual photo finish(fortunately my transponder was a little bit forward than his):

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/Pucho-SaiFinish.jpg

Kids/Beginners class:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1008.jpg

The Track:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1006.jpg

Ron's showcase:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1012.jpg
This is only a small portion of what he sells:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1017.jpg

Another good thing about Carpet is the chance of traction rolling is much less. I am going to set up a few of these:
86mm Porsche:
http://www.mini-z-guide.com/pics/Bodies/1976Porsche934RSRTurbo.jpg

MiniVan:
http://www.mini-z-guide.com/pics/Bodies/MugenOdyssey.jpg

Rally:
http://www.mini-z-guide.com/pics/Bodies/LanciaDeltaNo41992MonteCarl.jpg

Click my signature (youtube channel) for videos

fraga
2011.02.06, 11:25 AM
That is great to hear! Can't wait to race on that surface, hopefully soon.

How where the wood railings? I got to do a few laps on the carpet earlier this week and absolutely love it but was a bit concern with the wood railings being to harsh on the bodies. Did we had more body damaged than or RCP or was it about the same?

fraga
2011.02.06, 11:27 AM
That is great to hear! Can't wait to race on that surface, hopefully soon.

How where the wood railings? I got to do a few laps on the carpet earlier this week and absolutely love it but was a bit concern with the wood railings being to harsh on the bodies. Did we had more body damaged than or RCP or was it about the same?

Oh, I see now on the video that many of them actually got replaced with RCP type railings. When I was there they where all wood.

cruizinrc
2011.02.06, 11:33 AM
Wood was nice but we have a lot of different driving skills that show up plus people are used to foam walls and wasn't liking the change to wood ,only wood that you can hit are on the straights and a few other places all outside boards full foam dividers

SaiTam
2011.02.06, 11:55 AM
Think of it this way. It's actually better to slide off the wooden barrier and continue going rather than getting sucked in by the RCP wall then get T-boned by other people. I don't see wooden barrier an issue since you rarely see a car slamming head-on to a barrier; that's probably the only time when RCP would be beneficial

fraga
2011.02.06, 12:03 PM
I agree. When I was there earlier this week it was all wood (it now has a lot of foam). I really liked it, but like it was said, many people are used to the forgiveness of RCP so I figured we where going to have to many broken bodies.

I am happy to hear that we still have wood on the straightway.

EMU
2011.02.06, 12:29 PM
Lots of fun on the carpet. The track is so smooth :) I didnt change much in the setup department, but tires had to be changed through the night.

Unfortunately I couldnt compete in mod, I felt that the changes that I made to my car would have found me more pace. I doubt that I could have caught Sai, his car was Cruizin all night, but it should have been much closer to him than it was in qualify.

LM tires lost grip through the night a little, so I gave them a true before hitting the track for the mains to give them a soft fresh surface so I could have as much grip as I could get. With the use my my tire warmers on the rear wheels and additional traction gained by truing as well as the new Qteq 102mm t-bar that I was testing, I managed to get the best start, and check out. I only had a few hiccups, but the car felt stable and gripped pretty well through the entire race. Whether this will stay a rubber class, or switch to a spec tire, as long as everyone is on the same tire/wheel combo, I would prefer that over making an open tire rule.

In Megane my car hooked up pretty well with the new ATM tire combo, and felt super consistent. I feel like I can throw more power at it, but dont think I am going to change it for a while.

I prefer wooden railings, for the reason that Sai stated about getting sucked into the wall. While the wood may be more brutal on a head on collision, it would prevent some of the pileups when people barely graze the wall and get stuck in. I think that Ron did an excellent job getting the track prepared for racing...

spork01
2011.02.07, 08:00 PM
Well the long nights last week paid off. The surface was very nice no more of that bridge crossing feel of the RCP. I wish Sai would have posted pics of Pucho's convertible at the end of the race. Something good to look forward to for the NYC r/c scene I'm expecting to see more people next week to check out the great track. :):):):):):):):):):)

JuniorWKR
2011.02.08, 10:47 AM
i have seemed to have misplaced my red checkpoint charger... it had a black mesh business card holder epoxyed to the back of it as a stand... if anyone has seen it can you please let me know... thank you..

cruizinrc
2011.02.08, 12:13 PM
ill keep an eye out for it but its not here

JuniorWKR
2011.02.08, 12:33 PM
thank you ron...

WSR
2011.02.09, 09:24 AM
I m thinking about putting together a 96mm to try on the carpet. I tried my 94 which I feel is a little too sensitive and the 98 longtail was good on the straights but it was more of a controlled rear push in the turns with the rear wheels spinning the whole time. It was actually pretty cool. I think a 96 might be the way to go. Any thoughts?

cruizinrc
2011.02.09, 12:30 PM
did you run your 98 with silicon tires as i ran them after having the same feeling with my cars and now its planted got back down to low 9's
ron

WSR
2011.02.09, 12:38 PM
Hey Ron. No I havent tried the Atomic tires but I know that Tsai and Eugene had alot of luck with them. I couldnt get my PN tire combo figured out. I tried everything. What atomic tire combo are you using on your 98?

cruizinrc
2011.02.09, 01:26 PM
im running ar002 frt 20s
and i think it was ar144 rr 10's
alot of guys like the ar003 frt 30
im out of tires praying my order makes it by sat it was 2200 dollars so i need it bad

SaiTam
2011.02.09, 01:41 PM
Here's the Mod 2WD car I ran. I only changed the tires since the last time it was used on Ron's RCP. I think I did a 8.845 in Qualifying:

AR-005 Rear 10 Degree (NEW)

AR-141 20 Degree Front (WORN) 30 Degree front also works they will last longer.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1018.jpg

EMU
2011.02.09, 02:07 PM
It feels that almost any ATM 10d rear tire with tread hooks up well. I have to try the Slick-R 10d rear to see how a slick does. I also want to try the ATM 6d carpet rear... I have had the Slick-R 10 and the 6d radial in storage for a couple years, since they didnt hook up at all on RCP. I use ATM Slick-R 30 or Standard Competition (slick) 30 in front. I typically dont like edgy steering, but I may want to try a 20 slick this weekend.

WSR
2011.02.09, 03:01 PM
I have heard alot of people that swear by Atomic tires. I think I might become a supporter. Ron has the best selection of all mini z parts so if i try a combo that doesnt work at least I have options. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Atomic-USA
2011.02.13, 09:57 AM
A huge order of Atomic parts just arrived at JFK airport for Ron. It will make its way to the shop the next day or two.

Here are last night's results:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1190.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1191.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1192.jpg

Here are two special onboard experimental videos. The images vibrate a little too much but I'm working on a better camera mount with more dampening. My Odyssey minivan sounds Mean as hell on video:

Onboard Odyssey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0qo1myJ7Y4)

Rearview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8h1nzaQx8Y)

For race videos click on my signature below.

Z-inim
2011.02.13, 11:43 AM
Thanks for sharing the standings and videos! A little dampening of the camera and they are going to be awesome.

Cherub1m
2011.02.13, 12:17 PM
Nice racing last night guys, 5 classes and we finished at 12:15 am:D. Man first time on the carpet and I am hooked, the carpet is super smooth, consistent and fast. It's like driving a 12 scale pan car. Best of all no RCP dust not even carpet fibers on my cars.

SaiTam
2011.02.13, 12:22 PM
Yeah no dust in my lungs which is a bonus.

This message is Smiley Pete approved: VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Tyi1gPNf0)

*check out Smiley's face on the track; he must like the carpet a lot.

EMU
2011.02.13, 12:36 PM
That was a tough race night, but still lots of fun :) Double stinting my hatch car for mod (with different body) didnt go as well as I would have liked. I was down on power in both classes, but had good corner speed... I did the best I could to defend, but it wasnt enough. By the mains, running so many different classes took its toll, I lost familiarity with the cars, and I was wiped out.

I did have some really good games on COD: Black Ops when I got home though. I just put Ron, Sai and Elvins faces on all of the enemies... Hopefully I will get my mod car back in order for next week, and add more power to the hatch...

Rob B
2011.02.13, 06:45 PM
Just wanted to say i had a great time racing there last night. Mini z racing on carpet is awesome. Hopefully i can get my hands on some atomic tires that ron is getting ..thats if hes willing to sell them to me.:D..
anyway, met a great bunch of guys and cant wait to get back there sat ..

EMU
2011.02.13, 07:04 PM
Great to race with you on carpet Rob. Look forward to next time when we all have good tires :) I know you wont make it easy for us...

Atomic-USA
2011.02.15, 02:19 PM
Lots of Atomic parts arrived yesterday at Cruizin. Come get them before they are sold out! Ron takes mail order if you can't make it to Waldwick.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/Cruizin.jpg

mosaics12
2011.02.15, 02:33 PM
nice.. i hope i can get tires

WSR
2011.02.15, 09:14 PM
The carpet is amazing. All of us initial doubters owe Ron a big apology. I agree with Philip its unbelievable when you take your cars off the track they are super clean no need to hit them with the compressor. A big thanks to Eugene and Sai for helping me with my setups. Its nice to be able to pit between two pros so I can steal tuning tips lol. Now that Ron is all stocked up on Atomic tires it will be interesting to see how this Saturday will play out.

On a side note I am pretty impressed with my first run of the Ferrari 599XX. I still need to do more sanding and dremeling but it has a nice low and and wide stance but I think it will be the best out of all of the 98mm bodies.

A big thanks again to Ron for having the balls to try a new surface which it turns out worked awesome. See you guys saturday.

kromie101
2011.02.15, 09:49 PM
just wondering what kind of carpet you guys are racing on. is it ozite or hook and loop? looks cool.

SaiTam
2011.02.16, 12:08 AM
I was told the Carpet is the same as Kyosho's R241 carpet.

Here in this video you can see closely how the cars behave on this carpet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psonZ4eT1f8

The nicest thing about this carpet is that 90mm or even Minivan bodies don't traction roll; and the cars don't spin out!!!! And no dust; no fiber after running.

Just watch the White Megane EMU is driving in the video; I think he was running 40T or even faster motor, in 2WD!!!!

Chicken Little
2011.02.16, 01:16 AM
For what it's worth, the new carpet layout keeps the handling very consistent. It now boils down to the proper traction and set-up. I have my cars planted in the rear with the new silicon based tires but I seem to have a hard time with front traction/tire selection. I need my car to handle like my old kyosho 30f/20r setup on rcp but now on a carpet surface. I'm sure I'll get it down one day. Bottom line, carpet is awesome!

SaiTam
2011.02.16, 01:28 AM
I use rear 10 degree tires. For Front use AW20 for more steering / AW30 for a little less. Use Slick R 20 or 30 for more linear and gradual steering response. V Pattern fronts also work somewhat like AW but I haven't tried them yet. On Carpet use slightly harder springs up front compared to RCP.

EMU
2011.02.16, 01:45 AM
I had good results with the 3Racing front tires in LM. It was a little gamble switching my tires just before the main, but I knew that if I didnt, Ron would just run away with it as he has .2s on me. I think I need to make a couple adjustments with the setup, loosen the t-bar a little and go to softer front springs to get a little more rotation in the tighter corners. Midway through the race I had to push a little too hard (hard on brake to accel) and bobbled a little too much. Running 5 classes made it difficult to think, let alone race. I really dont know how Elvin does it.... I dont think I will do it again, although Im known to do things that I shouldnt :rolleyes:

Chicken Little
2011.02.16, 11:49 AM
Eugene, it was cool play COD with ya. Hope to catch you on more games.

EMU
2011.02.16, 02:12 PM
Lots of fun Richmond :) Your a good teammate to have... We play a similar game, but need a little more time to figure out trends. I like to move a lot, and that sometimes gets the worst of me... especially on the larger maps. I also usually stick more to the outside of the maps, dont like being in the middle much, since I can get hit from all sides.

Chicken Little
2011.02.16, 02:56 PM
I do the same thing. I stick to the outline of the map that way I can pick people off that wander into the middle and still keep pace of my situation. I like to do a lot of running as well which could be a problem sometimes so we're both in game play as well. In hardcore matches I'm usually the one running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Now if only my COD skills could transfer into mini-z racing. I guess we can't have it all.

EMU
2011.02.16, 04:04 PM
One reason why my brother says my racing helps COD and vice versa, is that it keeps my reaction time down... I dont think when I play or drive, just react. "When you think up there, youre dead!!!"

I should be on late tonight, since I get out of work at 11pm.

I rarely play hardcore... I find when I get used to it, and go back to standard, I stop shooting after putting a couple rounds into people, and then they turn and kill me :rolleyes:

Chicken Little
2011.02.17, 11:55 PM
Looks like Thursday is the day to race when you want to be home before 12, unless you decide to hang around and shoot the breeze/tune. It's a calm paced day filled with good racers.

Cherub1m
2011.02.18, 07:47 AM
Thursday was a nice day of racing. Very tight, everyone is getting faster and faster. I put on bran new set of tires on my AWD, no glue, and no truing, guess what? no traction rolling not even a hint of the car wanting to traction roll. I ran it has a 94mm with fairly narrow set up and the car felt realy stable.

RacerRecar
2011.02.18, 09:47 AM
Miniz CARPET RACING!!!...Once you go carpet you will never go back to RCP (Well maybe once in awhile):D

Z-inim
2011.02.18, 09:43 PM
That carpet is great...so consistant. Where you been all my life!

Chicken Little
2011.02.18, 11:33 PM
Who's ready for tomorrow? I was at the shop today and witnessed Ron do 9.7 seconds on his 90mm narrow. That's better than some people running 2wd mod (me included) jeeezuzzzZ!

Mr. Steve Charles will be running a tight ship so better get there on time or call ahead if you're coming late.

As a reminder to all, silicon tires are the preferred choice and absolutely no traction compound of any sort will be allowed. This is done to protect the track and maintain it's consistency.

Racing starts at 7 practice starts at 5. That will be all. :D

EMU
2011.02.19, 12:22 PM
Who's ready for tomorrow? I was at the shop today and witnessed Ron do 9.7 seconds on his 90mm narrow. That's better than some people running 2wd mod (me included) jeeezuzzzZ!
Any more inside information on Rons setup? Is he still using the Silvia? 10d rear/20d front? I have a lot of work to do...

Cherub1m
2011.02.19, 12:48 PM
Yeah the guys are getting faster and faster. I got a 9.9 on my skinny and I think Elvin got below 10 sec also. In mod a few of us got 32 laps and very low 9 sec laps, in search for the 8.9 sec lap that only a few has hit :D

spork01
2011.02.20, 02:02 AM
Yeah the guys are getting faster and faster. I got a 9.9 on my skinny and I think Elvin got below 10 sec also. In mod a few of us got 32 laps and very low 9 sec laps, in search for the 8.9 sec lap that only a few has hit :D

Thats OK Philip Sai pulled a 8.687 and a 34 lap qualifier out with a Mod and Rob pulled a 8.695 out with a SC18

You missed out on a great night 4 different TQs in all classes lot of hard charging and close racing definitely a good night to announce I sat back and enjoyed the show. Competition Is going way up. I dunno but it may be time to get a few of those trophy thingys ready for handing out.

EMU
2011.02.20, 02:22 AM
Racing was very intense tonight. Sai took Mod and LM... I finished 2nd in both as well. I didnt have anything for him in mod, but gave him a good run for most of LM. Megane was very intense, I went from TQ to last (5th), but still finished on the lead lap. I gotta give it to Bondo, he got his car hooked up well for the main, and defended like a champ in the closing minutes when I put a lot of pressure on him to try and at least redeem one position. I had removed the diffusor on the body, as well as went to the 40t round can that I had removed from my LM when I switched to a Chili. I just didnt have the balance that I liked, and the car didnt drive out of the corner well enough. Maybe I need to switch to a t-bar like I have in mod and LM (still using a PN4 CF t-plate in the car).

All in all, there was a lot of close racing, and good battles. Sai pressured Ron for almost all of the Mini race, only to scrub a board with less than 30 seconds remaining.

Cant wait to see the videos for analysis... I watch all of the races I am in at least 3 times, especially the errors, as that helps prevent them in the future, and gives me information about where I can try to improve the setups. My LM was pretty edgy to drive, but I had a lot more corner entrance than Sai (although my exit suffered a little due to that). I felt that I had more rotation than the car ever had, I now need to get the rear to stick a little more for the exit of the corner, but I am satisfied with the entrance.

I had a good time, although I didnt get the wins that I wanted. It just gives me more drive for the next race ;) I managed 8.9s laps in both mod and LM. I didnt get a chance to check the Megane time, but I think I did a 9.3, and Rob did 9.1s.

Cherub1m
2011.02.20, 10:37 AM
Thats OK Philip Sai pulled a 8.687 and a 34 lap qualifier out with a Mod and Rob pulled a 8.695 out with a SC18

You missed out on a great night 4 different TQs in all classes lot of hard charging and close racing definitely a good night to announce I sat back and enjoyed the show. Competition Is going way up. I dunno but it may be time to get a few of those trophy thingys ready for handing out.

Man sounds like I missed out on the fun. 34 laps :D very nice Sai. My goal is 33 laps next time around. I got 32 laps with several mistakes so I just need to stay of the walls :D.

I had a good time, although I didnt get the wins that I wanted. It just gives me more drive for the next race ;) I managed 8.9s laps in both mod and LM. I didnt get a chance to check the Megane time, but I think I did a 9.3, and Rob did 9.1s.

Nice, I am close to 8.9 sec I got a 9.1 sec fast lap in Mod, I just need to reduce the errors and be more consistent.

The guys are elevating their game, in fact they are some guys that did not do has well on RCP and the carpet just made them very different drivers very nice. I know I feel more confident on the carpet especially during some very tight racing.

SaiTam
2011.02.20, 12:16 PM
Results:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1248.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1249.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1250.jpg

Track Record
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_1251.jpg

Click my signature for videos

Cherub1m
2011.02.20, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the numbers Sai. I guess once everyone hits 33 laps Sai and Rob will hit 35 laps :D

Sai was your 34 lap run a flawless run?

SaiTam
2011.02.20, 03:47 PM
No but I did use a faster 48T motor for the Mod car.

Cherub1m
2011.02.20, 03:52 PM
No but I did use a faster 48T motor for the Mod car.

What, 48T not a Chilli :D

Smiley
2011.02.20, 04:54 PM
no chili for u philip

Chicken Little
2011.02.20, 07:56 PM
8.6 seconds Sai?! We're gonna have to check your car for a flux capacitor. Unfortunately going fast enough to go "back to the future" isn't allowed in the track.

EMU
2011.02.21, 12:40 PM
Maybe Sai is already back from the future... :D

SaiTam
2011.02.21, 01:00 PM
Dunno what a fuxx capacitor would do for me but my cars all have two motors in them.:D My goal is to go below 8.5 perhaps with a different body. How long will this layout stay? The track looks wide enough to accommodate a few more turns.

Chicken Little
2011.02.25, 03:02 PM
Who's ready for tomorrow? Carpet racing at it's best at Cruizin with R/C. As a reminder, no traction compound will be allowed due to the carpets' surface. The preferred tire of choice is silicon based. See you all tomorrow.

bermbuster
2011.02.25, 03:12 PM
Who's ready for tomorrow? Carpet racing at it's best at Cruizin with R/C. As a reminder, no traction compound will be allowed due to the carpets' surface. The preferred tire of choice is silicon based. See you all tomorrow.

Do you have silicone based tires in stock?

Z-inim
2011.02.25, 03:35 PM
They DO have silicone based tires in stock. They have slick rears, and a bunch of fronts. Everyone has been falling in love with the AR144's (grooved). They just do not have the Atomic AR144's yet. They are in "customs" at the airport. Expect delivery tomorrow! :)

Z-inim
2011.02.27, 02:20 AM
http://www.cruizinrc.com/results/22711-1sm.JPG
http://www.cruizinrc.com/results/22711-2sm.JPG
http://www.cruizinrc.com/results/22711-3sm.JPG

cruizinrc
2011.02.27, 03:00 AM
thanks for another great night of racing,50 cars ran and all went smooth....thanks steve for running a tight shift
great racing with elvin,phillip,bondo,jason,billy,pete,richmond all gave me some really close runs....and a special thanks to these drivers who are getting better and or did really good tonight jim,javier,collin,mike,alex,joey,sly,grant,jw,jame s,keith and joe
thanks ron

Smiley
2011.02.27, 10:42 AM
had a great time last night as always great to race with all you guys.

Cherub1m
2011.02.27, 02:18 PM
Great night racing guys. Everyone running very tight one mistake and you are down 1/2 a lap. The carpet continues to be very smooth and consistent.

fraga
2011.02.27, 04:40 PM
It was great racing and a lot of fun! I really enjoyed racing on the carpet.

jjlove
2011.02.27, 08:57 PM
Look what I found. :cool:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5j5JLXqMX4HtuFPX_441tFanIi0QiDbyyBBrFhEq2rQ?feat=d irectlink

Z-inim
2011.02.28, 01:12 PM
bad link...repost?

jjlove
2011.02.28, 05:32 PM
Fixed. I did not know that they do not allow f******k links here. :o

jjlove
2011.02.28, 05:33 PM

Cherub1m
2011.03.01, 05:36 PM
Nice picture

jjlove
2011.03.02, 06:59 AM
Nice picture

Thanks, we would pull the trailers behind a Overland and race.

Smiley
2011.03.02, 07:13 PM
just got back from some practice time, the tire order is in so u better get yours.see everybody tomorrow night

Chicken Little
2011.03.02, 08:52 PM
Ron /Steve please hold a couple of AW 10 grooved wide for me. I want to race tomorrow without swinging my rear end whenever someone breathes on it. LOL. :rolleyes:

Rob B
2011.03.03, 02:25 PM
hey ron, just wanted to let you know i didnt forget you, i have your pinion gear for the sc18 . i cant make it there sat , i am heading down to maryland for a TCS race . i will see you the following sat ..

cruizinrc
2011.03.04, 01:51 AM
rob no problem miss ya up here.....good luck in maryland wish i could go
ron

Smiley
2011.03.04, 07:48 AM
great racing last night,thursady nights r so laid back and fun,richman great skinny race all 10 min.of main thats how u race,but next time i will pluck your feathers...hey on saturday night everbody who has d-nanos please bring them we ran them last night and they r awesome on that track ( i smell a new class ron) if your dont have one get one ron has at least 10 of them for sale.

Chicken Little
2011.03.04, 06:39 PM
Dude, that was an awesome 10 minute race of pure madness!

I WANT MORE COWBELL! :D

http://www.gameops.com/images_3.0/6from6/tampabaydevilrays/cowbell2.gif

Smiley
2011.03.06, 06:14 PM
had a lot of fun last night and into this morning..had some great runs,the d-nano races were so much fun sorry richman u had to leave,should have sent a chipindale to get your mom,hung around and talked about some great things coming to track in near future so stay tuned...see everybody thursday.

Chicken Little
2011.03.06, 10:16 PM
I'll be there this Saturday for sure buddy! I'm excited to hear the new things coming to the track. So who won? I'm sure it was a hell of a race for 90mm and mod. I will definitely be adding to the chaos that is mini-z racing this weekend. Go carpet! :D

Smiley
2011.03.07, 07:56 AM
they were all great races there is nothing like going 3 wide into a turn.i got lucky in skinny and finished 2nd behind ron,great race with jayson,billy has 5 d-nanos,look for a tight race on saturday,thanks to bondo for making the skinny (ha ha fast)

SaiTam
2011.03.07, 12:19 PM
thanks to bondo for making the skinny (ha ha fast)

I guess I'm doing the same thing right now at home:D

Smiley
2011.03.07, 04:41 PM
Yes I am Sai. Twice.

bermbuster
2011.03.07, 05:05 PM
Is Jim (xxam) racing mini zs with you guys? I havent seen him in a while....

Cherub1m
2011.03.07, 09:27 PM
Is Jim (xxam) racing mini zs with you guys? I havent seen him in a while....

Hey George, yeah Jim is back his new alias is Z-inim. His son is also back, they are the dynamic duo :D

Smiley
2011.03.07, 09:45 PM
Yes George Jim races with us. He races a few classes and is a class act..

Chicken Little
2011.03.08, 02:12 AM
We call him by his other name, Uncle A-main. :D

Z-inim
2011.03.09, 09:16 AM
Hi George! Im back. xxam is lost, at least for now. Nice to see you still floating around. I dont think I have ssen you since the last Atomic race!
I had to come back to try to show these guys who think they are "all everything" a thing or two.... (might have been a mistake! lol)

bermbuster
2011.03.09, 05:54 PM
Hi George! Im back. xxam is lost, at least for now. Nice to see you still floating around. I dont think I have ssen you since the last Atomic race!
I had to come back to try to show these guys who think they are "all everything" a thing or two.... (might have been a mistake! lol)

Hey Jim....
that means the last time we raced it was AM...:eek:
Im looking forward to racing with you guys again. Right now Saturday is a bad day for me but Ill get some free time soon....:cool:
Keep showing them guys how a real mini z maniac does it.....:D

Davey G
2011.03.09, 08:02 PM
Any trophy races coming up??

Smiley
2011.03.09, 09:12 PM
dave check back soon ron is working on something,george it would be great for you to check carpet out, it is so much fun to run on,u have to try it we run 3 wide into the turns and is always a close race. nobody every runs away with a race.it is so smooth and fast,no trueing of tires,and best of all no flipping...already charging batteries for tomorrow night..

Z-inim
2011.03.10, 07:26 AM
Hey Dave.. FYI: your f******k link is broken. Its missing the " . " after www

George, AM, omg! I dont even remember 02 that well! ( i was always an AD guy, I hated the reverse junk)
Looking forward to seeing ya on the track again. Im almost finished getting myself updated with cars, so Im thinking of making the rounds to other tracks soon.

Pete..see you on sat, can't make Thurs.

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 09:23 AM
dave check back soon ron is working on something,george it would be great for you to check carpet out, it is so much fun to run on,u have to try it we run 3 wide into the turns and is always a close race. nobody every runs away with a race.it is so smooth and fast,no trueing of tires,and best of all no flipping...already charging batteries for tomorrow night..

And no dust / bumps or carpet fiber either........ All cars from 90mm to 102mm can go full speed into turn 1 and do not end up outside of the track. Cars do not need low CG so you can tune for different handling characteristics.

Davey G
2011.03.10, 10:06 AM
Hey Dave.. FYI: your f******k link is broken. Its missing the " . " after www

George, AM, omg! I dont even remember 02 that well! ( i was always an AD guy, I hated the reverse junk)
Looking forward to seeing ya on the track again. Im almost finished getting myself updated with cars, so Im thinking of making the rounds to other tracks soon.

Pete..see you on sat, can't make Thurs.

Hey, One of the moderators just sent me a PM saying that they edited it purposely, MZR is getting spammed like crazy. I guess I cant have that in my signature. BUMMER. Shoot me a PM when u get a chance.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 10:42 AM
And no dust / bumps or carpet fiber either........ All cars from 90mm to 102mm can go full speed into turn 1 and do not end up outside of the track. Cars do not need low CG so you can tune for different handling characteristics.

+1 We can focus on our cars' set-up and driving more instead of also worrying about the bumps and inconsistencies that RCP has. I just wish we had done this sooner. We could have avoided losing our spoilers to the god of turn 1. Hahaha.

Mini-z racing is now just as serious to me like 1/10 scale on-road racing. It's kind of like racing the Snowbird Nationals where you see top racers like Barry Baker, Ralph Burch, Giles Groskamp. Instead we get to race with Sai Tam, Eugene EMU, and Ron Bosco. LOL! :D

Carpet is definitely the future.

EMU
2011.03.10, 11:20 AM
It's kind of like racing the Snowbird Nationals where you see top racers like Barry Baker, Ralph Burch, Giles Groskamp. Instead we get to race with Sai Tam, Eugene EMU, and Ron Bosco. LOL! :D

Being compared to the likes of Jilles Groskamp... He is one of my favorite racers... Im flattered. :o

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 11:27 AM
I doubt the switch to carpet was made with PN's or ATM's convenience in mind. It was a personal decision to allow other classes aside from Mini-Z to run to increase revenue, and not for appeasing to the general masses. You have to go against the waves to reach certain destinations and surely Ron has reached it. Many have favored the tracks surface who have raced on it for the first time and left with exceedingly high praises. If it can be done one person at a time, imagine the response it will have on other manufacturers to take a second look.

On the level of a major race, yes, for now it is impossible to look at it from a profitable viewpoint, but you can't deny that there is a market for it. I quoted Sai when he said that carpet is the future which I hope he does not mind, and it is. Eventually over time, technology in the future will allow for a modular carpet surface that isn't as labor ridden which I'm sure manufacturers will embrace and adapt to. Just like any other consumer based business, the demand will always influence the market. But for the time being, carpet is here to stay at Cruizin with R/C and people will always be intrigued to find out what it's like and the response will always be positively unanimous.

+1 for Giles as well. The guy drives amazing! You coming this Saturday Eugene? I switched my PN 98-102 LCG mount back to the 94-98, what's the major difference that I will see?

EMU
2011.03.10, 11:56 AM
+1 for Giles as well. The guy drives amazing! You coming this Saturday Eugene? I switched my PN 98-102 LCG mount back to the 94-98, what's the major difference that I will see?

I hope to make it. My parents have their 34th anniversary this weekend, but not sure if we will celebrate friday or saturday :rolleyes:

The 94/98 mount should give more rotation and drive out of the corner. The 98/102 should be a little smoother to drive with the lower CG. The difference should be minute, but somewhat noticeable.

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 12:12 PM
Your F/R weight distribution will change dramatically going from 102mm to 94mm. CG will be higher at 94mm. I don't race 94mm often so I don't know what to tell you.

I don't remember saying carpet is the future. Kyosho has developed the Mini-z on Carpet since day 1. Kyosho Japan stores don't have RCP; so is Kyosho USA. A lot of Mini-z racings are run on different types of Carpet Worldwide. RCP is pouplar mainly in North America.

Ron's carpet is like a purpose built race circuit surface; RCP is like NYC streets converted to a street circuit. Think of driving a Ferrari at 100mph making a turn and all of a sudden you hit a pothole and flip into the Hudson River. Not enjoyable. Both have its Pros and Cons. Racers should try both out and see for themselves. I must say Ron's former RCP was the best I have ever driven on for RCP(moderate traction and smooth); but my pick is still carpet.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 12:27 PM
My apologies Sai for misquoting you, but I have heard you say this many of times. :D

CARPET RACING IS AWESOME! Big thanks to Ron for the carpet conversion.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 12:30 PM
Ron's carpet is like a purpose built race circuit surface; RCP is like NYC streets converted to a street circuit. Think of driving a Ferrari at 100mph making a turn and all of a sudden you hit a pothole and flip into the Hudson River. Not enjoyable. Both have its Pros and Cons. Racers should try both out and see for themselves. I must say Ron's former RCP was the best I have ever driven on for RCP(moderate traction and smooth); but my pick is still carpet.

That would be an ugly sight to see. I can only imagine the pedestrians you end up taking out along with your ferrari barrel rolling into the Hudson. Hahaha! :eek:

bermbuster
2011.03.10, 12:41 PM
I have this certain style of racing....I compare it to being a crash test dummy.....:cool: My only concern on carpet are the rails....
Wooden rails are not Autoscale friendly.

In the near future Kyosho will be my home track so I better get used to carpet...:cool:

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 01:01 PM
-I enjoy seeing B,C,D main drivers moving up to race with A-mainers because it was the RCP track that was holding them back.

Scrapper
2011.03.10, 01:08 PM
The way I look at it the hobby is being promoted either way

cruizinrc
2011.03.10, 01:18 PM
we tried the wood rails but not enough people liked it so we went back and velcroed rcp rails down,most of my cust who use the track use the rails so foam is better..... bermbuster you need to come try it its free for you to run as a taste and ill sell you what i see to be perfect combo in tires i think you will like it alot
ron
i put carpet down to be different and with 6 tracks around i needed to try to be different

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 01:31 PM
you guys are cutting the throat of the natural progression of this hobby... you are also indirectly gonna be cutting the throat of the hobby shop owners and aftermarket manufactures as well if there is no real reason to buy parts to make your cars better as there is no real need for a top shelpf setup... basically take a stock chassis through a dps bearings and motor in it and your good to go..

It's up to the consumer to decide if he or she want to upgrade their cars to gain that advantage. I can attest to say that it hasn't stop me or the people who race from buying xxx product from xxx company. You can't say that it (carpet) is "cutting the throat" of aftermarket manufacturers when Ron can barely hold on to his merchandise and keep up with the demands not just with certain tires but hop-ups, and kits as well. He has been recieving a steady stream of parts and hop ups from manufacturers just as fast as they leave the shelves.

By resetting the level of playing field you make the regular drivers feel a sense of accomplishment rather than frustration and resentment to the hobby if they are being pigeon held due to conditions their inexperience brings. Growth and potential is what also keeps this hobby alive and if the same guys are on that podium, it gets kind of boring. Either way, people are entitled to their own opinion and free will to decide for themselves what they prefer.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 01:31 PM
The way I look at it the hobby is being promoted either way

Thank you Stu, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

cruizinrc
2011.03.10, 01:43 PM
not everyone wants to put a 1000.00 in to a 6 inch car and tune your life away either......club racers dont need to have to spend alot to race a car i dont think, and to get more people into this type of race and jump in at 500.00 is tough enough

Slapstick10
2011.03.10, 01:54 PM
I was really trying to refrain from the conversation because I have mixed emotions about.

Sai- Dust particles.....thats a stretch....Stop breathing the air around you. Have no gasoline engines then maybe you got a case.

I am coming up soon to check it out as I said I would. But what bothers me is why would I want to race mini z on carpet when I could run my 1/12 pan or 1/10 touring. Givin a choice I would rather run larger scales. Like junior said "How long will it last.....better yet what about traction compound. Will it hold up. Only time can answer this question.And what about spring and summer.....onroad and offroad guys give up racing outside for inside....Probably not. For us in Staten island this discussion is a non factor because we dont rely on people off the Island to make our race program strong.

This is just an opinion from reading the forum and talking with some of the guys. I hope it all works out for you guys and ron is sucessfull!:D

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 02:04 PM
Sai- Dust particles.....thats a stretch....Stop breathing the air around you. Have no gasoline engines then maybe you got a case.

Give me a break there are millions of people with allergy like myself I just don't want my symptoms to get worse.

Scrapper
2011.03.10, 02:15 PM
I think regardless of the surface racing is racing and honestly I go to 4 tracks a week variety is good

J-Milz
2011.03.10, 02:19 PM
Wow, we fight on every thread! :eek:

Slapstick10
2011.03.10, 02:24 PM
Give me a break there are millions of people with allergy like myself I just don't want my symptoms to get worse.

I'm not saying that your allergy is not real....I'm just saying your over exaggerating.:D

Close to 100 cars running at the winternationals between all 3 classes, racing countless time together and I never knew you were allergic to rubber dust particles from the track.

I always like going to cruisin when my schedule allows and I will continue to reguardless of carpet or rcp.

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 02:29 PM
When Cruizin changed from RCP to Carpet the first week I only changed tires and my car was dialed. Hopefully it's the same for you.

ruf993
2011.03.10, 02:33 PM
Junior, are you referring "him" as me?

I just won the Action RCP winterNats with a simple setup 98mm car; 45 drivers showed up in that race which was a lot more than the World Cup Final 2010. I lost to you in Hatchback class in MD because all of a sudden my rear tires didn't work on RCP as the temperature dropped. I still beat you in 2WD Mod in MD though. I'll race with you on RCP next week if not tomorrow;) To everyone else I'll see you guys at Cruizin on Saturday

Congrats on your win Sai at the WinterNats.. Al put up a great race. I know you tell everyone you can that you hate RCP, but it's great to see you can still kick some but on RCP.;) Sorry to hear about you health issues with the RCP (if you can PM me what your doc findings cuz I have my kids here at the shop at times and want to make sure there no issues with them).

Maj

ruf993
2011.03.10, 02:42 PM
When Cruizin changed from RCP to Carpet the first week I only changed tires and my car was dialed. Hopefully it's the same for you.

Thanks for the Tip Sai... Looking forward to Rons next big race....

RCPMini-z
2011.03.10, 02:54 PM
You traction roll once at Action which cost your race. You said it -- it was the bumps on RCP, exactly why Carpet is a great alternative. BTW I didn't race at Action for weeks prior to that race.

I made myself very clear before the MD race that I would not drive down for the race. I still have an unpaid ticket from the last time I drove down to MD's ALS race. We take turns driving long distance. I drive Sam Gotts to all local race tracks every week. Sammy Saks made Sam's dad drove not me since he backed out on all of us.

RCP dust vs. my breathing problem is only a guess. RCP as a company is to certify its products as harmless it's not my responsibility to find out whether it's harmful. I have no health insurance therefore I have a legitimate concern.

If you would like, I can send a copy of the SGS ASTM testing reports Kittrich Corporation currently has on file for their RCP Track products. Please PM me your email address and I will have Kittrich send a copy. The track material has been tested and approved for the hobby and toy industry. The testing reports show no harmful material levels contained in the product.

If you think you are having a reaction to the track material, I wouldn't continue to put yourself in contact with it, as is with anything you think may be causing allergy symptoms. It could be you may have a rare reaction to rubber products. Just a guess if in fact it is the EVA foam material that is causing you issues.

I have only experience the mixture of track foam particles and car rubber tire particles on the car and surface/rails of the track. I have never seen it or heard of it actually beeing air born, while running cars on the track.

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 03:05 PM
PM sent.

Let's get back to the topic of Cruizin's carpet racing.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 03:10 PM
PM sent.

In other news, I saw this guy practicing some hot laps.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2010/09/the-stig-1283400090.jpg

Smiley
2011.03.10, 03:16 PM
this is priceless, also my personal opinion is that carpet is much better i have run on both and is just my opinion,cars set up easier,run smoother,and i run better,this is a cruzin rc site we r talking about this track and why we like this track.

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 03:31 PM
this is priceless, also my personal opinion is that carpet is much better i have run on both and is just my opinion,cars set up easier,run smoother,and i run better,this is a cruzin rc site we r talking about this track and why we like this track.

Pete my friend, I think you're just addicted to one thing:

http://onstartups.com/Portals/150/images/charlie-sheen-winning-resized-600.jpg

DUH! :D

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 03:31 PM
I heard the Mains are now no longer 6 mins is that true? I heard you guys were running 10 min main maybe I'm wrong? Is Skinny's class still a 70T class?

Cherub1m
2011.03.10, 04:37 PM
Wow! lots of comments about CARPET and RCP... Guys I love racing, whether its Carpet or RCP. But I have to say Carpet is by far the best, hands down. It's consistent, you can stay on your line, you can rub other racers without flipping them, you can run narrow high CG cars and not worry about flipping, you can run AWD and not traction roll, basically you can focus on driving the car. Why should only the big scale cars get this kind of smooth control? the small scales need this smooth surface the most. I always wondered why most Asian Miniz racers use carpet, now I know.

Yeah Sai, Mains are 6min now (i think only A mains are 6min correct me if I am wrong...) the 10min Narrow 90mm class is 10min only if everyone is OK with it. I say we all put Chili's on the Narrow 90mm class:D

bermbuster
2011.03.10, 06:23 PM
PM sent.

How about a recap of racing.....
days and times....
classes...
qualifiers.....
mains....

Now here is a trivia question....
Who sang the song "magic carpet ride????

PS I have known Sai for over 5 years and he has always complained about RCP Dust.....:cool:

bermbuster
2011.03.10, 06:31 PM
we tried the wood rails but not enough people liked it so we went back and velcroed rcp rails down,most of my cust who use the track use the rails so foam is better..... bermbuster you need to come try it its free for you to run as a taste and ill sell you what i see to be perfect combo in tires i think you will like it alot
ron
i put carpet down to be different and with 6 tracks around i needed to try to be different

Ron thanks for the offer....and I will definitely take you up on it.

I also give you credit for being different and putting down the carpet....:cool:

Chicken Little
2011.03.10, 06:39 PM
:

Easy, Steppenwolf. Off of Steppenwolf The Second, side two :D

Cherub1m
2011.03.10, 06:58 PM

I didn't sing the song but the word Magic came to mind while driving my Z's on it :D

PS I have known Sai for over 5 years and he has always complained about RCP Dust.....:cool:

I second that. I haven't known Sai for 5 years but for the time I've known him he always complained about it.

SaiTam
2011.03.10, 07:03 PM
I am allergic to dust or dusty environment, not necessarily RCP dust. It didn't stop me from racing so you see I am enthusiastic about miniz racing. I might have complained but never quit.

cruizinrc
2011.03.11, 12:32 AM
How about a recap of racing.....
days and times....
classes...
qualifiers.....
mains....

right now we are doing a thur night 6 for practice and 7 for race start.....mini z 2wd mod and 70t skinny class.....we run a sc18 road course too

sat practice at 5 race starts at 7 2wd mod,lm mod,megane mod,and 70t skinny 5 min quals and anything from 6-10 min main depending on time
ron

sunday trying to start a 2pm practice and 3 race mini z 2wd mod,and maybe awd or something in a other mini z class

cruizinrc
2011.03.11, 12:34 AM
anyone who has not tried carpet and wants to check it out, there first practice is on me as long as you buy tires that you will need anyway to run on it
ron

xrayrc
2011.03.11, 08:08 AM
thursday night racing was great loads of fun.

Man I nice to see everyone getting faster.
We had a lot of door to door racing clean even in
the lower mains you guys are all fighting well to get that
bump up spot in b and c mains.

You amain'ers better watch out..... you could lose your spot.

we are working on getting all race results up every week so
you can get the lap times and keep pushing for better every week.
stay tuned on the website.

your friendly race director that keeps you entertained... :-)

RCPMini-z
2011.03.11, 08:47 AM
For those of you who enjoy racing on carpet, what would the interest level be if there was an additional option available to order an RCP Track with one side layered with a custom racing carpet. I can talk to the owners about the idea and see about manufacturing some of the more popular kits with the carpet surface option. Many years back, the factory had made a few sample tracks with a carpet skin for a customer, so I know they can be made.

Smiley
2011.03.11, 09:41 AM
great time last night good racing with ron and bondo all night long cant wait for saturday night...bring your d-nanos... ron one of these races i wont mess up and will beat u ( second sucks)WINNING but it is all FUN...

Scrapper
2011.03.11, 09:44 AM
i can't wait to get carpet fix in its like an addiction

Smiley
2011.03.11, 09:49 AM
so true stu

SaiTam
2011.03.11, 09:52 AM
what would the interest level be if there was an additional option available to order an RCP Track with one side layered with a custom racing carpet.

Cruizin's racers love carpet but to get an accurate response you may want to move the thread to General Discussion or start a poll outside of Cruizin. My questions are what type of carpet / color / how much and any changes to the rails' material?

Z-inim
2011.03.11, 09:57 AM
For those of you who enjoy racing on carpet, what would the interest level be if there was an additional option available to order an RCP Track with one side layered with a custom racing carpet. .

In my opinion, one of the best qualities of a carpet track is the smooth un-interrupted motion that the cars experience throughout each lap. The tires are always planted on the surface, thus consistency. If the rcp tiles with carpet on one side doesnt lose this quality, it can only be a good thing.

Z-inim
2011.03.11, 10:03 AM
great time last night good racing

Yep! I may have fell flat after bumping up... but i WILL be bok!

Smiley
2011.03.11, 10:04 AM
i agree sai i also know other people read this thread... we do need to get the word out there,all we can do is to tell other people to try it and form there own opinion...

Smiley
2011.03.11, 10:07 AM
u did great last night (pinky)

Z-inim
2011.03.11, 10:09 AM
thursday night racing was great loads of fun.

You amain'ers better watch out..... you could lose your spot.

we are working on getting all race results up every week so
you can get the lap times and keep pushing for better every week.
stay tuned on the website.

your friendly race director that keeps you entertained... :-)

So true... Amainers are not a gimme anymore.

Last night we were done at 10:15 (awesome) and the results were online at 10:20! I still have to layout the display so peeps can see them, but its nice to have the automatic upload piece finished. ANOTHER WEEK and we can see them from anywhere you have an inet connection. No more waiting for results to be posted.

Chicken Little
2011.03.11, 03:12 PM
Who's ready for Saturday? I'm I know I sure am. I'm gonna bring the smack down and will be prepared to receive it as well. Hahaha! :D

P.S. Ron or Steve, can you please hold a set of AW grooved rears for James aside from my set. He's gonna need it since I kinda bumped up the cowbell in his car.