PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta visit

2EZ
2007.12.18, 11:34 AM
Hi!! guys I am visting Atlanta this weekend is there a shop presently selling MiniZ items or do all of you have to buy from the internet? I may try to bring a car or two but may not be able to hook up with any one to run Do all of you race on home tracks now. Is there a track at a shop any longer. Any information you can provide would be helpful I will be north of Atlanta in
Marietta

hpgod
2007.12.18, 01:49 PM
Hi!! guys I am visting Atlanta this weekend is there a shop presently selling MiniZ items or do all of you have to buy from the internet? I may try to bring a car or two but may not be able to hook up with any one to run Do all of you race on home tracks now. Is there a track at a shop any longer. Any information you can provide would be helpful I will be north of Atlanta in
Marietta

There is no shops in town that I know off currently that sell any miniz stuff, we all internet buy. Hobby Mart where we raced at last year closed when the owner retired.

Patrick(ATLRC) has a permanent fatigue mat track setup in his basement that the group currenlty races on every couple weeks. (they raced last weekend)

Hank (pinoyboy) boy has a good sized semi permanent rcp track setup in the area of town you will be in, he also has a core system for timing.

Hooking up with either of those 2 guys will be your best best to get some track time in this weekend.

A few of the racers in the club have tempory rcp tracks we setup and are all on the NE, east side of Atlanta which we practice on.

I normally keep a mini-96 track setup but is torn down for the holiday season. I may have to tear the christmas tree down before new years this year as I am getting jettery without any track time.

jbevins
2007.12.18, 04:23 PM
:D that's funny, but I know how you feel, love getting track time, but I just don't get enough :( have had thought about getting a mini 96 so I can get track time at the house, is the Mini-96 wide enough for 3 or more cars??

Thanks

sorry for jumping in and posting something unrelated to the forum topic

pinoyboy
2007.12.18, 11:45 PM
My track is setup at my bro's house in Kennesaw. I also have the core system. Since it is at my bros house, I'd have to ask if it would be ok with him. He has a mini z too, so there might be a chance he would say yes.

This is an old layout, but it gives you an idea what it looks like.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/RCPtrack007.jpg

russp
2007.12.19, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=pinoyboy]My track is setup at my bro's house in Kennesaw. I also have the core system. Since it is at my bros house, I'd have to ask if it would be ok with him. He has a mini z too, so there might be a chance he would say yes.

If things don't work at your bro's Hank let me know. You can always come to my house but I'm clear on the other side of town (up I-85 on way to SC) so Hank's bro's house would be much better.

Here is my latest layout. I found that using the unused inside corners to widen the track works well. The cars seem to just roll right over the holes without issues. You can also see my cobbled together sweeper in the attached pic.

hpgod
2007.12.19, 06:49 AM
:D that's funny, but I know how you feel, love getting track time, but I just don't get enough :( have had thought about getting a mini 96 so I can get track time at the house, is the Mini-96 wide enough for 3 or more cars??

Thanks

sorry for jumping in and posting something unrelated to the forum topic

I have set it up in my garage before during the summer and had Hank and Billy over. Both got up to speed in a battery or 2. Novice drivers like Blake have a hard time on the tight layout. Blake has 2 wide ovals under the christmas tree:) Its tight but forces you to hit race lines. It works for me as I have 5 foot doorway openings in my dining room and it allows me to run the track in foyer to get the most of my tiles setup with a 15 foot straight. I have a mini 96, wide corner kit and a long 45 kit. I have run it so much there is very little dust anymore.

pinoyboy
2007.12.19, 11:40 AM
If things don't work at your bro's Hank let me know. You can always come to my house but I'm clear on the other side of town (up I-85 on way to SC) so Hank's bro's house would be much better.

Here is my latest layout. I found that using the unused inside corners to widen the track works well. The cars seem to just roll right over the holes without issues. You can also see my cobbled together sweeper in the attached pic.

Your not that far from Mall of Georgia right? If so that shouldn't be too bad of a drive. I've driven to Commerce a couple times to go the 1/4 track, so it wouldn't be too bad of a drive. Besides, my gf lives down that way, so I'm use to going over there. :p

Anyways, 2EZ, I think your chance at racing would be best at Russp's track. Just let me know, and maybe we can car pool to get to his track ;)

hrdrvr
2007.12.19, 08:38 PM
2EZ, If you race down there talk pinoyboy into coming out and racing with us. :D

russp
2007.12.19, 11:15 PM
Your not that far from Mall of Georgia right? If so that shouldn't be too bad of a drive. I've driven to Commerce a couple times to go the 1/4 track, so it wouldn't be too bad of a drive. Besides, my gf lives down that way, so I'm use to going over there. :p

Anyways, 2EZ, I think your chance at racing would be best at Russp's track. Just let me know, and maybe we can car pool to get to his track ;)

Yep, one exit up from the Mall of Georgia on I-85. Let me know about when (have to be 10 a.m. or later though). Email me and let me know and I'll give directions, phone. I don't have a timing system but do have plenty of track.

pinoyboy
2007.12.20, 10:10 AM
Yep, one exit up from the Mall of Georgia on I-85. Let me know about when (have to be 10 a.m. or later though). Email me and let me know and I'll give directions, phone. I don't have a timing system but do have plenty of track.

That sounds good, and I could bring my core and laptop so we could do a couple timed races. If this is a go for sure, I can put in the data ahead of time into some extra core transponders that I have.

russp
2007.12.20, 04:13 PM
That sounds good, and I could bring my core and laptop so we could do a couple timed races. If this is a go for sure, I can put in the data ahead of time into some extra core transponders that I have.

Does 11:00 work? - actually, make that 12:00