PDA

View Full Version : car setup: RCP VS anti-fatigue?

pinoyboy
2007.12.20, 10:17 AM
Just wondering if your setup stayed the same or changed with the new track surface? On my stock car, I had to use a different set of tires front and rear. My ma-010s also handle a bit different on the anti-fatigiue.

The only car that handles well on both surfaces is my F1, but its also the only car I use Kyosho tires on. Is anybody else using kyosho tires on their stock car?

hpgod
2007.12.20, 12:36 PM
Just wondering if your setup stayed the same or changed with the new track surface? On my stock car, I had to use a different set of tires front and rear. My ma-010s also handle a bit different on the anti-fatigiue.

The only car that handles well on both surfaces is my F1, but its also the only car I use Kyosho tires on. Is anybody else using kyosho tires on their stock car?

On my stock frankenstein mr01/2 car I have only ran Pn rcp 8 and pn 18 in front. I loose a few tenth due to the 3004 fets and the no brake on it, it is also on the heavy side compared to mr02s. At home on my rcp I run kyosho and I have to dial in more steering, even then they are a tenth or 2 slower then my race tires. The kyosho tire last forever and is why i run them at home.

Hank what changes have you made to your f1 this last month to drop the 5 tenths you picked up?

pinoyboy
2007.12.20, 01:16 PM
On my stock frankenstein mr01/2 car I have only ran Pn rcp 8 and pn 18 in front. I loose a few tenth due to the 3004 fets and the no brake on it, it is also on the heavy side compared to mr02s. At home on my rcp I run kyosho and I have to dial in more steering, even then they are a tenth or 2 slower then my race tires. The kyosho tire last forever and is why i run them at home.

Hank what changes have you made to your f1 this last month to drop the 5 tenths you picked up?

The first race, my F1 had
atomic 1 degree toe out
atomic 1 degree of camber
old 20 deg rears
old 30 fronts
carbon side plates
Atomic DDS
PN speedy AWD II
Duracell 1000s

The atomic parts had alot of slop in them

Second race
Kysoho 2 degree camber
soft disk damper springs used for front springs
gpm 1 degree toe in
removed rear side springs
old 20 deg rears
new 30 fronts
carbon side plates
Atomic DDS
PN speedy AWD II
Duracell 1000s
adjusted diff

ran pretty good, just had to get use to it

3rd race
Kysoho 2 degree camber
soft disk damper springs used for front springs
gpm 1 degree toe in
removed rear side springs
old 20 deg rears
new 30 fronts
carbon side plates
Atomic DDS
PN speedy AWD II
Team Orion 900HV
adjusted diff

The only thing I messed with was the diff and changed to Team Orion 900hv batteries. There was only 2 of us running, so that probably helped alot too