PDA

View Full Version : better power 1000's?

cowboysir
2007.12.20, 01:50 PM
I noticed these cells on eBay today and the value seems like it should be too good of a deal...

Anybody try them and like them?

Is the seller(reflexrcracing) the same as reflexracing (the group the ruf is involved with)?

ruf
2007.12.20, 02:23 PM
That's us! We're selling them on ebay at a pretty deep discount on the 3 packs to introduce these cells to the US market. They pretty much dominate the euro scene and were in heavy use at the last PNWC in Portugal.

You can also find them on our website, but at the "regular" price which is still pretty darned good. We're also trying to get our new ebay name up and running quick, hence the promotion there. We'll ship as soon as someone bids, but the auction will keep running since we don't have enough ebay experience under this name to have "buy it now" yet...

We'll also be stocking the Orion cells too when they come off of backorder. This way, we'll be able to offer racers their choice in price, performance, and application.

Hood
2007.12.20, 02:29 PM
They were the replacement to the Fuji Cells that everyone was using for years as cheap cells.. Not quite as good as the Fujis, and they cost a little more, but still a great value..

ruf
2007.12.20, 07:06 PM
From our information, these BP 1000 mAh batteries have new chemistry and were only released about 6 months ago.

byebye
2007.12.20, 09:27 PM
Team International ran them in the 12 hour race in Oberkirch, Germany. We got about 22-25min. of run time from a set on a car running a 2x2 4562 and an Atomic AWD Stock motor.

My only, and only complaint about those batteries is the battery wrapping wraps around the bottom and will rip and then they have a hard time charging on the 15min. chargers. They are hit and miss after that.

Kris

cowboysir
2007.12.20, 11:35 PM
Well ruf, keep an eye out for an eBay question about canadian shipping...I think I might try a couple sets for my new stock race cells. ;)

CristianTabush
2008.01.24, 04:07 PM
So any feedback on our cells? I love them for modified racing. They're not too shabby in stock, just not as fast as the intellects. I will get my Orion cells this week finally!

yasuji
2008.01.24, 05:15 PM
So any feedback on our cells? I love them for modified racing. They're not too shabby in stock, just not as fast as the intellects. I will get my Orion cells this week finally!

ive been trying them out in my mod pancar @ kenon it has been good for a solid 10 min but a few tenths off on fast laptime compaired to the orions and intellects but im able to keep a more consistent pace so i think they will be awesome in the heats and main this friday @ kenon rc
ill let yall know after friday:D

cowboysir
2008.01.24, 05:44 PM
Christian/Ruf,

got my cells a while back(hope you got your ebay feeback) and I'm happy to report they are very consistent. Since these are the highest capacity new cells I own I'll be lacing them together for my MR-CG project so for now I'm waiting to find some aaa battery bars. I can't get them from Rob since for some strange reason 4 bars shipped would run me $24usd.:eek:

Again, great cells at an awesome price.;)

CristianTabush
2008.01.24, 07:20 PM
Good to hear the reports... I used them in both my MR-02 and AWD at the Atomic Race. I definitely was not in need of more power with a Chili and a stock R in my cars.

I actually like running a lower turn motor (such as the Chili, Anima 2) in my cars as they become much more drivable with these cells. I could also go the way of a higher turn motor and higher voltage cells, but then the cars produce too much torque, which translates into unwanted wheelspin. I find that a car that is easier to drive not only yields faster laps, but much more consistent.

eztuner12
2008.01.24, 10:47 PM
Hi Cristian
I think you will like the Orion H-V 900, they are really fun and fast, delivering excellent power from the start to the end. For a sec it felt like driving a miniature 1/8 fuel kit, very sharp.
I won't recommend these Orion to a novice drivers, as well as, those wild drivers that are constantly seeking for a lucky fast lap, these batty will increas its potential for an accident. I most never hit a wall or have an accident doe to an error, with these Orion, I feel some times driving on the very edge. I had to adjust my TH-Curve and TH-Punch to smoothout at the start and apply some WD-40 to the rear tires to increase traction under presure until they worm-up. Iam using a 35T hand wound armature with big silver com and silver brushes, as mentioned SUPER-FUN to drive!!!
Certainly would like to read your feedback after tryout outcome.
Richard

CristianTabush
2008.01.25, 06:18 AM
Richard, I am not looking for a faster battery for modified. I actually was looking for a more consistent cell. The Orions are going to over power my car to the point where traction is decreased. The difference between the majority of these cells is the internal resistance.

The voltage is very similar, but due to a slightly higher internal resistance on the BP batteries, the current spikes under high loads dips the voltage of the cell a little bit more in contrast to a lower internal resistance cell which can just maintain a consistent voltage. This ends up acting as a form of electronic "traction" control assist, especially on the MR-02 with 4562 FETs (which I may add, I detest). Since the voltage is similar, if not the same, once the car gets up to speed/ the load decreases the battery can supply the voltage necessary to get to the same top speeds as with the lower IR cell.

Just part of the game I guess. I like a car that is very drivable. It allows me to run very consistent lap times. I love having a car that feels like a stock car in the infield and that is fast only down the straightaway. The straightaway should yield the extra 3 tenths that a mod car is faster than a stock car around a track.

Felix2010
2008.01.25, 08:38 AM
...especially on the MR-02 with 4562 FETs (which I may add, I detest). ...I love having a car that feels like a stock car in the infield and that is fast only down the straightaway...

Sorry to dip off-topic here, but since you mentioned you detest 4562's - What FETs are your favs Christian?

CristianTabush
2008.01.25, 08:50 AM
I run an AD Board with the stock 3010's. Much less power than the 4562's. In the case that I am running 4562's, or in the case of the Atomic Race, where we had to run a Chili, I will run BP batteries to "de-tune" my car.

Felix2010
2008.01.25, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated :)

eztuner12
2008.01.25, 03:13 PM
Richard, I am not looking for a faster battery for modified. I actually was looking for a more consistent cell. The Orions are going to over power my car to the point where traction is decreased. The difference between the majority of these cells is the internal resistance.

The voltage is very similar, but due to a slightly higher internal resistance on the BP batteries, the current spikes under high loads dips the voltage of the cell a little bit more in contrast to a lower internal resistance cell which can just maintain a consistent voltage. This ends up acting as a form of electronic "traction" control assist, especially on the MR-02 with 4562 FETs (which I may add, I detest). Since the voltage is similar, if not the same, once the car gets up to speed/ the load decreases the battery can supply the voltage necessary to get to the same top speeds as with the lower IR cell.

Just part of the game I guess. I like a car that is very drivable. It allows me to run very consistent lap times. I love having a car that feels like a stock car in the infield and that is fast only down the straightaway. The straightaway should yield the extra 3 tenths that a mod car is faster than a stock car around a track.
Very good data for all the readers Cristian, I feel the same as you regarding, excess power less traction and certainly maximizing the risk of an involuntary error that translates into inconstant lap times. I really prefer to invest my time, during a race, in trying lowering my position as safe as possible but fast and 100% controllable than wasting precious race time in fighting with the car trying to maintain it into the race line, it just doesnít worth it for me nor for the other drivers that are in high risk do to my super uncontrollable fast car. Thatís the reason I considerate these Orion 900 for ďfun racingĒ
Now, When Iam in the process of qualifying for the top position and only 1 or 2 fastís laps are considerate to get you that 1st position, thatís another whole story, I think the Orion 900 could be a good option for qualifying, if permitted by the race rules. (Some tracks have the rule, which you have to race with the same equipment that you qualified with) They can get you a good fast lap:eek:
BTW. I would love to test the BPís batty; they must be great. Where can I get them?
Thx:
Richard

CristianTabush
2008.01.25, 03:28 PM
Richard the BP's are found at the store with the link in my signature. ;)

yasuji
2008.01.29, 10:08 AM
cristian
i sent u a pm

CristianTabush
2008.01.29, 12:36 PM
Back at you...

ruf
2008.01.30, 07:27 PM
An email from one of our customers:
"The Better Power batteries were a welcome surprise. Just like you mentioned on your site, they have a very linear power delivery. In an 8-minute race, they gave me the control to run 8 laps more compared to my Intellects. The Better Power batteries power delivery makes the car so much easier to handle."

Gigibesi
2008.01.31, 01:26 AM
is htis comparable to team orion 1100 RT (or know as 900 RT in jap market)

CristianTabush
2008.01.31, 01:47 AM
Haven't tried those yet, but my guess is yes. All ~1000mah hour batteries are eerily close in performance (not to mention that they are all close to 900 mah as well...) We found the BP to be slightly better than the rest on a consistent basis (ie. Sanyo, Vapex, Fuji)... The yielded the longest runtime, with a slightly lower IR.

cowboysir
2009.06.09, 12:34 AM
I'm curious to find out if anyone still using these (besides myself) still feels the same way about them...i noticed there are some good e of the Bay deals to be had on them if they haven't changed in their abilities i might snag a bunch.

EMU
2009.06.09, 01:15 AM
I use them occasionally. Mostly for practice. After some conditioning, they run pretty well. I find with high drain motors, they overheat too much and lose a lot of power...