PDA

View Full Version : Question for formula one owners

russp
2007.12.21, 11:43 AM
I'm still tempted to pick up an F1 but to be honest I think I would be afraid to race it. My MR02 get's so beat up already during racing I keep thinking the F1 would just get hammered.

In any case, can you even easily get the spare parts for repairing it? What about tires? Do the stock ones work on your track Patrick? I found your track very slick compared to my RCP and had trouble finding tires that would work for me.

Just curious as right now I'm just in the "tempted" stage.

russp
2007.12.21, 12:05 PM
I'm still tempted to pick up an F1 but to be honest I think I would be afraid to race it. My MR02 get's so beat up already during racing I keep thinking the F1 would just get hammered.

In any case, can you even easily get the spare parts for repairing it? What about tires? Do the stock ones work on your track Patrick? I found your track very slick compared to my RCP and had trouble finding tires that would work for me.

Just curious as right now I'm just in the "tempted" stage.

Just ended up buying an MR01 so the F1 will have to wait anyways. I still want one though. For anyone considering one now this is a good deal running on ebay today:

Auction 140190988658

F1 brand new for $109 delivered.

herman
2007.12.21, 12:10 PM
i would suggest trying one out first, just to see how it handles, and if it is something you would really like to drive or get into...

then if you think it is for you, try getting one second hand and try fiddling around with the set up...

then when you're serious, or if money isn't a problem, try going after a new kit...

open wheel racing is quite rough on the car... the cars can really take a beating.... but it's really fun... except for a bent ball diff once in a while...that is... oh yeah keep 2 or 3 sets of rims just in case, and stock up on different types of tires for different conditions...

good luck... and most of all have fun... :D

VAzRACER
2007.12.21, 12:32 PM
The main things you will break is tie rods and knuckles ,it's easy to get stock

plastic ones or you can get them in aluminum. Tires are easy too, 20 degree

rears and 30 degree fronts.The f1's have more steering response and are

more stable than mr02's and awd's. To me they are easier to drive you just

have to keep them off the walls.