PDA

View Full Version : My New Car

russp
2007.12.21, 12:03 PM
Hey, I've really wanted another MR01 to replace the one where I fried the board. Just won this one on ebay:

auction 220183933571

I guess this would qualify for the mod class due to it's motor, right? I don't know if I will be racing it anyways (at least not with the body shown). I have the semi-beat up Nissan R32 body at home that should fit it so I guess I could use that.

hrdrvr
2007.12.21, 05:46 PM
Nice score!!

Some places have different rules for stock claass racing. It could go for stock where FETs are the governing force, or as a mod in which anything other than a stock RTR set motor is the rule.

russp
2007.12.21, 06:15 PM
Nice score!!

Some places have different rules for stock claass racing. It could go for stock where FETs are the governing force, or as a mod in which anything other than a stock RTR set motor is the rule.
No, I'm pretty sure it's mod class at our track. Pretty much anything besides stock Kyosho motor is mod class.

hpgod
2007.12.26, 06:37 AM
My wife was very nice to me for christmas. She got me a lexus sc430 ready set. The body I wanted and did not ask for. She saw it my recently view queue. So I now have a mr02 car for the mod class. I just need to get a couple parts to finish it up and its ready to rock.

russp
2007.12.26, 09:04 AM
My wife was very nice to me for christmas. She got me a lexus sc430 ready set. The body I wanted and did not ask for. She saw it my recently view queue. So I now have a mr02 car for the mod class. I just need to get a couple parts to finish it up and its ready to rock.

New car seems to run great. However, it does tend to "hop" on the rear end as I corner hard. I remember having this issue with my other car and I'm sure if I look I can find it in some tuning guides but is this usually more of a diff or tire issue? I also wonder if part of it might be that the Porche seems kind of narrow but I'm leaning towards the diff being too tight.

pinoyboy
2007.12.26, 09:36 AM
New car seems to run great. However, it does tend to "hop" on the rear end as I corner hard. I remember having this issue with my other car and I'm sure if I look I can find it in some tuning guides but is this usually more of a diff or tire issue? I also wonder if part of it might be that the Porche seems kind of narrow but I'm leaning towards the diff being too tight.

Sounds like a similar problem the ma-010 has. I think the hopping is because there's no rear dampening. You might have to adapt a disk damper like art did.

bemoore
2007.12.26, 09:59 AM
I agree with Hank. It needs a disk damper.

Congratulations on the new car!

hpgod
2007.12.26, 10:11 AM
I put a 3 racing mr02 damper on my mro1.
1) I had to grind off the knob on the chasis where the top shock would mount with a small wood file.
2) I had to add a spacer to the damper dpost to raise it up. I used the one the was from my 3 raing top shock.

This may have been because I used a mr02 disk damper set instead of a mr015 set. It definatly tamed the rear down in the high speed corners. I am going to set my new car up as a mild mod car witha bb xspeed or a speedy 07.

russp
2008.01.02, 03:34 PM
1) I had to grind off the knob on the chasis where the top shock would mount with a small wood file.
2) I had to add a spacer to the damper dpost to raise it up. I used the one the was from my 3 raing top shock.

This may have been because I used a mr02 disk damper set instead of a mr015 set. It definatly tamed the rear down in the high speed corners. I am going to set my new car up as a mild mod car witha bb xspeed or a speedy 07.

Well, I'm definitely wanting to try this. I guess I'm going to have to figure out what looks like it will work best. Was the one you used any of these?:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=365

hpgod
2008.01.03, 01:26 PM
Well, I'm definitely wanting to try this. I guess I'm going to have to figure out what looks like it will work best. Was the one you used any of these?:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=365

I have one 3Racing Mini-Z MR-02MM/MR-02RM/MR-015MM SSG Roll Damper Set #17390 from the shop here on my mr01

Only thing my car needs is 3010 fets now and it will be on pace.

marc
2008.01.03, 01:45 PM

Would love to see photo's of your conversion. Please post?