PDA

View Full Version : 3pk AD band vs Helios AD band

Aurora
2007.12.24, 11:06 PM
Hi, all.

All along I had been quite satisfied with my Helios with Ad band for my miniz, and recently I have bought a 3pk and am wondering will there be any difference between these two Tx when using the AD band module?

I know using the AD band module on 3pk will require some modding on the module box, but I should be able to complete the task ok. My only concern is whether I can utilize the HSR on 3pk with the AD module or I will be stuck with PPM with AD module(basically operating in a much slower speed, but enjoying the benefit on the car with AD band tuning).

Thanks in advance!

xxam
2007.12.25, 03:23 PM
I use HSR on my modded 3pk module. I cant compare it to the Helios though.

Aurora
2007.12.26, 04:07 AM
My friend told me he has been using PPM for this Ad band module all along. After reading your post, I wonder whether he is using it to its full potential.

As far as I remember, the mod for the Ad band module will only require the exterior mod and switching two wires on the pin socket. Does making it to work with HSR requires additional modding?

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I just tried the 3PK with the AD band module (with the switch wire mod), but the module does not work with HRS mode. Xxam, could you please kindly let us know how this is done?

QDriver
2007.12.26, 11:43 PM
My friend told me he has been using PPM for this Ad band module all along. After reading your post, I wonder whether he is using it to its full potential.

As far as I remember, the mod for the Ad band module will only require the exterior mod and switching two wires on the pin socket. Does making it to work with HSR requires additional modding?

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I just tried the 3PK with the AD band module (with the switch wire mod), but the module does not work with HRS mode. Xxam, could you please kindly let us know how this is done?

i noticed that you can mod TX module to use in other brand radio, like KO AD band module on futaba 3PK, i wonder how.. can u share the mod you done (pin position between KO and futaba), pic willbe nice.
is this mod same with other TX module like spektrum or FM module, and how about sanwa module..is the pin position mod the same?
thanks

Aurora
2007.12.27, 10:58 PM
Qdriver,

Saw your post about using Ad band on M11 or M11's Spektrum on MARS, unfortunately, I am no radio guru and only know the mod for 3pk to use ad band.

The mod for 3pk using AD band module is simple, it involves only taking the board out of the module and switching two pin socket lines in the module for it to work. I do recommend to search the spanish site that originally detailed the mod or Spoon's blog for details.

In short, if you are facing the socket, and it is at the far end of the board. Then counting from left to right, you are cutting and re-soldering the pin 2 wire to pin 3 socket, and vice versa.

Right now, I am still waiting anyone who has experience in this to confirm the 3pk Tx can use HSR with the ad band module. As far as what I have tried with my friend's modded ad band board, the 3pk can only use PPM with the board.

Xxam, can you please let us know what you did to make your 3pk to use HSR with the module?

xxam
2007.12.28, 08:36 AM
arrgg... my sincere apologies. It was NOT HSR I was using. It was PPM.

QDriver
2007.12.29, 03:53 AM
Qdriver,

Saw your post about using Ad band on M11 or M11's Spektrum on MARS, unfortunately, I am no radio guru and only know the mod for 3pk to use ad band.

The mod for 3pk using AD band module is simple, it involves only taking the board out of the module and switching two pin socket lines in the module for it to work. I do recommend to search the spanish site that originally detailed the mod or Spoon's blog for details.

In short, if you are facing the socket, and it is at the far end of the board. Then counting from left to right, you are cutting and re-soldering the pin 2 wire to pin 3 socket, and vice versa.

Right now, I am still waiting anyone who has experience in this to confirm the 3pk Tx can use HSR with the ad band module. As far as what I have tried with my friend's modded ad band board, the 3pk can only use PPM with the board.

Xxam, can you please let us know what you did to make your 3pk to use HSR with the module?

I'm little confuse here about your explaination, i dont want to make mistakes and ruin the all working module+radio, pls can you help with pic or tell me where i can find the post of this mod. (spanish site or spoon blog)
thank u

Aurora
2008.01.01, 10:46 PM
Spoon's blog on how to convert the AD band module to fit the 3pk:

http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/11/ad-band-with-futaba-3pk.html

His blog is great to read and definitely is informative to any Mini-z drivers. And there is also a link there to lead to the original Spanish site. Good job for Spoon! :D