PDA

View Full Version : Who can I contact to repair Overland?

hamnet
2007.12.26, 02:28 AM
I bought this really beat up Overland, and to be honest, this stuff is way too small for my 1/10th fingers to put back together. I need the servo motor soldered and some of that glitchiness figured out. Can someone tell me where I can send this out to and get it running? I bought it for a friend's kid from work, they're family's going through rough times so I thought I'd try and cheer him up with a little gift.

mk2kompressor
2007.12.26, 05:19 AM
where are you based?
pm sent

hamnet
2007.12.26, 10:34 AM
I'm in Los Angeles, California. :)

mk2kompressor
2007.12.26, 11:15 AM
im in the uk so shipping will be an ass :(
ill do it if you get stuck but it will take a while to get to me and then back to you

Draconious
2007.12.26, 11:57 AM
Overlands are the worste to work on... if it was one of the Racers I would say to send it to me, I will fix anything for $10 + cost of return shipping, and any parts it needs. But an overland is such a pain I would change the $10 to $50 lol...

The shop here does have a fet upgrade/repair service...

hamnet
2007.12.26, 02:13 PM
Overlands are the worste to work on... if it was one of the Racers I would say to send it to me, I will fix anything for $10 + cost of return shipping, and any parts it needs. But an overland is such a pain I would change the $10 to $50 lol...

The shop here does have a fet upgrade/repair service...

Hey Drac, so you want to give her a shot? What's the store you're talking about in the last sentence, and do you have any idea how much it'd cost?

If you know anywhere else that might do it without breaking my wallet, I'd appreciate the info! :)

Draconious
2007.12.26, 02:37 PM
This forums shop...
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=423
These are for Fet installation/upgrades... but I think they can do a simple resoldering job for same if not lower prices.

The last overland I took apart to "fix" was mine... and I wound up selling it in pieces because I did not feel like putting it all back together... it is that annoying. I cannot get to it now, but if you still cannot find a place to do it contact me again in about two weeks.

byebye
2007.12.26, 02:52 PM
I bought this really beat up Overland, and to be honest, this stuff is way too small for my 1/10th fingers to put back together. I need the servo motor soldered and some of that glitchiness figured out. Can someone tell me where I can send this out to and get it running? I bought it for a friend's kid from work, they're family's going through rough times so I thought I'd try and cheer him up with a little gift.
You can send it to the shop and they can look at it. Shoot me a PM thru the forums and I'll help you out.

Kris

ruf
2007.12.26, 03:41 PM
Since you're in LA, I would hit up Kenon. They're good dudes, but I'm not sure they do work on Overlands.

hamnet
2007.12.26, 05:10 PM
Since you're in LA, I would hit up Kenon. They're good dudes, but I'm not sure they do work on Overlands.

Yeah, I was thinking them since I live essentially 3 minutes away from them, but they're opened only while I'm at work, and their store is never opened on weekends. Total bummer.

ruf
2007.12.26, 05:14 PM
They're open on Saturdays. Friday nights and sometimes Tuesday nights are race nights, so they're usually open until 10pm.

Roketmini
2008.01.13, 10:21 PM
My $.02...DON'T send it to Kyosho. No personal vendetta against the company, but when I sent my OL in for PCB repair (I cooked the FET's) they lost it, and it took them 4-5 months to finally replace it.