PDA

View Full Version : Spec Road Course Class?

Slubben
2007.12.26, 10:28 AM
Would anyone be interested in running in a spec road course class similar to the NASCAR class but turning both right and left? Speedy 05 motors with 9 tooth pinions and maybe to make it interesting we also run 015 chassis because they have some neat bodies for that chassis.

bermbuster
2007.12.26, 07:09 PM
Would anyone be interested in running in a spec road course class similar to the NASCAR class but turning both right and left? Speedy 05 motors with 9 tooth pinions and maybe to make it interesting we also run 015 chassis because they have some neat bodies for that chassis.
That is a great idea!!
we are ready for a class like that...we both have mr015s

Slubben
2007.12.26, 07:46 PM
That is a great idea!!
we are ready for a class like that...we both have mr015s

Cool we just need to get a few more folks and we can get a class going!

michvin
2007.12.26, 08:11 PM
limit this to stock motor and 015 chassis + body that DON'T fit MR02 chassis (we run this that way). You'll be surprised how fast these stock cars can be.

rc100722
2007.12.26, 09:06 PM
all we have to do is make a nascar road corse bc we all have nascars all we have to do is change out the wheels and tires

wcrotty
2007.12.26, 09:14 PM
we still run the Kyosho Cup box stock class. Mr-01 cars box stock. We did change a couple rules.

H plate can be changed to an approved one. (they brake to easy)

Motor pod and use a rubber band to hold the motor in. (again the stock one breaks to easy.

It is one of the funnest classes that we have.

box stock video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6922526)

bermbuster
2007.12.27, 08:04 AM
It is one of the funnest classes that we have.

It looks like a lot of fun......I would be afraid of giving a corner marshall at Majs a hockey stick :D :D :D

I also like the rubberband idea on a stock motor pod....

The hardest thing about the spec class is getting mini z racers not to tinker or hop up there cars...... :cool:

Slubben
2007.12.27, 08:24 AM
It looks like a lot of fun......I would be afraid of giving a corner marshall at Majs a hockey stick :D :D :D

I also like the rubberband idea on a stock motor pod....

The hardest thing about the spec class is getting mini z racers not to tinker or hop up there cars...... :cool:

We could allow only Kyosho hop-ups and maybe run those x-speed motors instead of the Speedys.

Slubben
2007.12.27, 09:56 AM
all we have to do is make a nascar road corse bc we all have nascars all we have to do is change out the wheels and tires

I no longer have a NASCAR. If we did this I would just get another 015. What's one more car when you already have too many.

wcrotty
2007.12.27, 10:06 AM
That is the best part about box stock is no tinkering. I just clean mine with motor spray and add more oil to the bushings and motor. I never even touch that car. (I do change the rubber band when it breaks) We even some times do a one and done race with them. Meaning no marshals. Once you break you are out. Or flip. changes how you drive.

I hear ya Slubben. We race 5 classes mr02 stock and mod. box stock. awd stock and now nascar. I run every class. Also i don't even get to run my AWD mod or F1.

Whats one more car.