PDA

View Full Version : steering problem

wrcracer
2001.12.04, 12:32 PM
last nite i was runnin my z around the living room, and all of a sudden, the steering went hard over to the right, and it sounded like the servo was straining real hard. i took the servo apart and the bar that runs thru it (tie rod?) had come of the litte peg that sticks out of the front gear. i put it back on, put my z back together, and started running it again. not more that 30 sec later, it did it again. i fixed it, and it seems to be alright, but i have no idea why it jumped off. i didnt hit anything, and the wheels weren't turned. btw, i decreased the steerin throw (wider turning radius), and it hasnt done anythin strange again. any ideas why the car did this?:(

Russ
2001.12.04, 12:37 PM
mabye the nub on your servo gear is worn out, or worn down just enough so it doesn't grab as good anymore...Also it could be your servo case, but I doubt it. Look at each side of the servo case where the tie rod goes through, and see how much room it has to move around. It shouldn't have hardly any, but it shouldn't be tight either.

Other than that, I have no clue :confused:

Russ

wrcracer
2001.12.04, 12:45 PM
it looks to be in good condition. the second time it failed i looked at everything, the edges on everything seem to have the "sharp"(as opposed to dull, worn) look to them, and the holes in the servo case didn't give the tir rod enuff play to cause it. strange....:confused: