PDA

View Full Version : Tempted by the 02M

alien.46.uk
2007.12.29, 12:22 PM
Hi All,

I'm after some help and advice really ...

I've been out of the RC racing scene now for over a year and I'm looking at getting back into it ...

I've been looking into the 1/24 scene and like the look of the Mini-Z MR02 and the Firelap 2.0 which is just a clone of the MR-02. Before I left RC, I did have the very first Firelap 2.0 and was kind of suprised yet also let down by this, but it was only to put custom bodies onto, so I never really considered racing it.

But after visiting the Iwaver site, I saw the IWaver 02M and it looks very interesting. I've been trying to find some info out about them, but not many places tend to know much and I've read alot of the stuff here allready, but I just need some help with a few questions.

1) For anyone who also has or used a Mini-Z MR-02 or a Firelap 2.0, how do they compare to the 02M?

2) Does the chassis extend like the MR-02 to fit other bodies?

3) What option parts are up and coming for the 02M?

4) What are the New shape FM Tx's like?

5) How does the Tx differ from the original Tx the Firelap used?

6) What motors would the Stock IW take, how hot?

7) Will the o2M take stacked FET's to run hotter motors?

I'm basically after as much advise as possible on whether to consider the 02M or a Firelap 2.0 with some Mini-Z parts as a RTR Mini-Z is too expensive for a stock item.

Also, where can I buy the 02M and where can I but the Upgrade packages from? I've seen them in the wholesale section of Toyeast, but as I'm not a business, I dont think I'd be able to join either section of Toyeast?

If someone could help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Luke.

byebye
2007.12.29, 05:12 PM
Are you in the UK? Tomorrow is an endurance race in Stafford.

Kris

alien.46.uk
2007.12.30, 04:18 AM
I am in the UK and I'm already going to the Stafford Race :P ... Cant race as I don't have anything, but will be watching and trying to get some advice.

fangel
2007.12.30, 09:28 PM
Luke,

Welcome to the community, you would find continue support on iwaver product from me and other fellow members. Thank you for your interest with the iwaver product line.

1) For anyone who also has or used a Mini-Z MR-02 or a Firelap 2.0, how do they compare to the 02M?
- iwaver 02M is a revolutionary design product that has changed the chassis design to bring independent 3 pin servo, spring recoil servo saver and many larger scale design quality into 1/28 scale RC

2) Does the chassis extend like the MR-02 to fit other bodies?
- The chassis does extends to fit MR-02 and MR-015 bodies, however the ride height and the fitting might not be perfect, since our chassis has a much lower ride height and center of gravity then Kyosho chassis.

3) What option parts are up and coming for the 02M?
- The options parts that is available now are full chassis metallic parts and carbon fiber upgrades, bearing, springs, rims, tires, nuts, motor and light set. We will also be releasing newer and faster motor fairly soon.

4) What are the New shape FM Tx's like?
- The 2008 TX is the same unique shape as the previous release, just some of the buttons has been change to incorporate all new functions that the new electronics will bring.

5) How does the Tx differ from the original Tx the Firelap used?
- The TX function wise would be fairly similar to the AFM2 that the new Firelap has. However the switch and button location would be different due to the different TX shape. The one design for iwaver INT020 has a much sleeker shape and has a metallic handle bar for transportation.

- I currently don't have the new spec for how much electrical output the new iwaver PCB can output. However I could tell you that members like "RedTeam" has raced the iwaver 02M in their own club and their member has won the race with no problem from the old electronics and stock motor.

7) Will the o2M take stacked FET's to run hotter motors?
- I have not heard any member try FET's stacking on the old 02M PCB. However the new PCB should allow more voltage output right out of the box.

I hope the above information clears some of the problem you might have in your head. You could buy the iwaver 02M in our retail store. ToyE@st.com you could pickup each of the individual upgrades parts there, as for the wholesale section basically anyone could join but there is a USD$300 minimum per order limit.

Please feel free to email me more about any further questions about sales and product inquiries.

Red Team
2007.12.31, 12:52 PM
Luke,
- I currently don't have the new spec for how much electrical output the new iwaver PCB can output. However I could tell you that members like "RedTeam" has raced the iwaver 02M in their own club and their member has won the race with no problem from the old electronics and stock motor.

Indeed, I can confirm that, our club Iwavers02M, race along with Mini Z, although at a straight line, stock 02M might seem a very tiny bit slower then a stock MR02 RM, one guy with 02M managed to have few seconds in front of second car, a MR02 RM.

fangel
2008.01.01, 08:27 PM
I have review the video taken from RedTeam and I believe the iwaver 02M won due to the on par acceleration with MR-02 along with much higher turning ability and lower CG to prevent slipping making the iwaver 02M out performing Kyosho MR-02 in the race.

alien.46.uk
2008.01.07, 11:05 AM
Is there a link to the video?

I'm swaying towards the MR-02 (possibley the FL copy), but I just really like the transmitters given with the Iwavers, so that's still what's making me unsure. Plus I like the idea of a Servo unit at the front.

Red Team
2008.01.07, 12:25 PM
Hi..here is the link:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26928

mailboxck
2008.01.07, 07:50 PM
Is there a link to the video?

I'm swaying towards the MR-02 (possibley the FL copy), but I just really like the transmitters given with the Iwavers, so that's still what's making me unsure. Plus I like the idea of a Servo unit at the front.

The transmitter between the Firelap and the Iwaver 02M are the same I believe. The only difference is the casing. But what's different is the 02M is FM and the Firelap is AM

fangel
2008.01.07, 11:45 PM
The new iwaver 02M transmitter (INT020) has new electronics power by Inopo, so it basically has all the function that AFM2 has, but without the exchangeable module box and in a different body shell. 02M runs on FM while NR2 runs on AM band.