arch2b
2007.12.30, 02:55 PM
This will be Saturday @ Hobby Works

TheRinger
2008.01.01, 07:33 PM
What is hurda?

mk2kompressor
2008.01.01, 08:18 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26930 (hurda challenge)

get on it :D

arch2b
2008.01.01, 08:24 PM
this the open/outlaw class racing event i mentioned in the structure thread. tgr is sponsoring clubs hosting the event by providing prizes.

see the rules posted by wolf (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=283461&postcount=1)

arch2b
2008.01.25, 05:02 PM
fyi, i have my pro-z pocket knife if anyone wants to use this for the hurda challenge. i'll haev a new gsr mrcg by then to put thru it's paces. also very interested in seeing what ken comes up with.

trg now sells a body adaptation kit for mr-02 chassis for the hurda body. if anyone expects to run thier mr-02 let me know so i can ensure we order enough of these.

arch2b
2008.02.24, 08:49 PM
i've sugegsted to the pretender that we maybe use this event as another chance to get a large track layout event going. the nature of this event lends itself well to this. that and it's several months away and will be much warmer:)

arch2b
2008.05.08, 09:41 AM
we should test another facility our for this race. saturday will be inside hw and space is limited, track size is limited.

be sure to order the hurda body for this and or the body post kit.

Peregrinari
2008.05.09, 02:23 PM
Ok, so I need a Hurda body and a post kit. What is the wheelbase on this body? If you havn't figured it out, from the beginning of this post, I want to run my 02. If this one looks too expensive, I may have to bail on it though. Let me know what all I need to do this. Thanks!

Tom

arch2b
2008.05.09, 02:29 PM
4th post... this should not be any more expensive than the body class races and tgr is providing the prizes.

Hurda Challenge
In 2008 TGR is launching a new race series which focuses on promoting open class racing.
HURDA CHALLENGE is an independent race series with the following base rules

TGR HURDA Body
Two wheel rear drive car
Max wheelbase = 98mm
Max tire width = 11mm
Minimum weight = 160gr
Motor = 130 Size brushed
Cells 4XAAA

As it can easily be noticed this race is not for only Sinister. We welcome all cars to race in this series.

All races will have minimum prizes of;

1 x Sinister PRO
1 x Spinner
5 x Hurda

Moreover each A Main driver will considered to be qualified for TGR Invitational Grand Prix which will be held in Istanbul in September 2008

VAzRACER
2008.05.09, 06:51 PM
Where can I pick up one of these bodies and post kits? Thanks.

Peregrinari
2008.05.10, 12:02 AM
Where can I pick up one of these bodies and post kits? Thanks.

Atomic mods has them in stock right now. 17.99 for the mounting kit and 9.99 for the body. So, for the price of an autoscale you get the set.

And here is what it looks like on the sinister. Anyone know what the offset is? I imagine it doesn't come with wheels.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/606700_1.jpg

Tom

mk2kompressor
2008.05.10, 12:23 AM
+3 all round will fit if needed:)

Peregrinari
2008.05.17, 11:40 PM
Can we run the Rony Lola body instead? It is lexan and of the same class as the Hurda body. I like it because it is a very traditional wedge design. I might want to run it instead of the hurda if possible. Here is a link to it. http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Rony-Lola-Mini-Z-Lexan-Body-Set__14147.aspx

A couple of pics.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/lola4.jpg
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/lola1.jpg

Man! That thing is retro wedge sweet!!

Tom

Peregrinari
2008.05.18, 09:05 AM
I guess since I am going to have to buy new electronics for the AWD, I will not be taking part in this race. Any chance we are going to get together for some other club races anytime soon?

Tom

VAzRACER
2008.05.18, 11:37 AM
Tom, I have a AM AWD board I can sell for $55.00 if you want it. I switched mine to 2.4 so I dont need it any more. Let me know if you want it.

arch2b
2008.05.18, 06:22 PM
emial tgr to ask about the body. it's thier rule. you can find thier info on links to previous posts by them. wolf is thier forum rep.

Peregrinari
2008.05.18, 10:06 PM
Tom, I have a AM AWD board I can sell for $55.00 if you want it. I switched mine to 2.4 so I dont need it any more. Let me know if you want it.

Thanks man, I am going to test this one this week and see what it does since I got it to work at least. I will let you know the results and if I want your board. I appreciate it!

Tom

TheRinger
2008.05.19, 09:38 PM

When can I get a chance 2 drive your 2.4 awd?

VAzRACER
2008.05.20, 12:46 AM
When can I get a chance 2 drive your 2.4 awd?

Just come around this weekend, take it for a spin, it will be the first time for me too. I switched the F1 over as well, you can check that one out.

arch2b
2008.06.01, 12:26 AM
are we going to hold this at one of the prospective new locations?

TheRinger
2008.06.01, 09:45 PM
are we going to hold this at one of the prospective new locations?

Good question, don't know?

arch2b
2008.06.13, 08:28 PM
update: no responses lately from tgr:(

no timing system yet :(

we don't have a location selected :(

we really need to get the lcoation question solved, especially for hfay s6. i haev no problem pushing this back if needed. heck, if tgr doesn't get back to me asap, we will make it any lexan body and our own club sponsored event.

TheRinger
2008.06.13, 10:06 PM

we really need to get the lcoation question solved, especially for hfay s6. i haev no problem pushing this back if needed. heck, if tgr doesn't get back to me asap, we will make it any lexan body and our own club sponsored event.
I don't know arch? I'm pretty sure we can set it up down here in fredericksburg but I know nobody wants 2 make that drive. I would like 2 set up at 1 of the locations that soulstice found but all I can do is voice my opinion on it. If U don't think U will have core in time then we might as well set another day 4 this race. Hopefully we''ll have the location issue resolved before the next HFAY race.

arch2b
2008.06.13, 10:09 PM
for the record, i'll drive to where ever i must. you guys drove to my house for the longest time, it's only reasonable that i do the same.:p

mleemor60
2008.06.14, 10:07 AM

Arch, I might be able to help out with the timing system. I have two. If I can be of service contact by PM

Red Team
2008.06.17, 11:17 AM
Sorry if this sound like off topic...but it's related:

Do you guys have any information from TGR regarding the Hurda Challenge dates in September in Istanbul ? Or any info at all from them lately ?

I mailed them, pm, open a topic and no response at all....do you have any informations about what's going on ?

Thanks a lot !

PS - good luck on your race

mk2kompressor
2008.06.17, 12:14 PM
im speaking to them regarding all matters at the moment

edit
wolf will reply;)

Red Team
2008.06.17, 12:32 PM
Thanks...I've just seen the Wolf reply !
Now we have to wait and hopefully, see you all in Istanbul !

arch2b
2008.06.17, 08:34 PM
hopefully wolf or someone else will respond to me emails on the hurda challenge event sponsoring. we have post poned this event in part because we do not have any of the participation on tgr's part for this.

mlee-, i'll email you shortly.

mk2kompressor
2008.06.17, 08:43 PM
i did mention it for you arch,he should respond tomorrow hopefully

arch2b
2008.06.18, 09:21 PM
thanks, got the reply from ozan. unfortunately we will miss this scheduled date and hopefully i can get the sponsor package in time for a rescheduled date.

Peregrinari
2008.06.19, 09:12 AM
So, I guess the question is, are we going to race soon? Regardless of the hurda bodies. I just want to get together and do a club run. It has been over a month since the last get together and I haven't even bothered to pull the cars out in 3 weeks. I even rebuilt my 02 completely converting it to a mid-mount and have not even run it on a real track yet.

Geese, I sold the truck and bought a 250cc scooter! (Really more of an automatic motorcycle) hehe, that is why I haven't even bothered to try to get out to your house as I am fairly new to highway riding and that is quite a haul. Regardless though, she will do 90 MPH and runs quite nicely. I bought an Italian (built and designed) Aprilia Scarabeo.

Not to be a stick in the mud but for now, if we are traveling to Frednecksburg, I might not be able to make many of the events as we are a one car family now and I don't really want to pack all the mini-z stuff on the bike and drive all the way to Stafford. Just my 2 cents.

Tom

arch2b
2008.06.19, 09:16 PM
i'd like to get an nova location selected that we can try out.

i just placed a tire order in preperation for the new season. i've really been looking forward to getting back into racing this season so i'm hoping we can come up with a location that suits everyone well.

i should have both my hfay car and f1 ready!

i'm still waiting for my mrch kit and build that up with asf for this rescheduled event. i've been eyeing one of those merc poly shells from tgr which are on sale at am as well. that should hold me over till the 07 350z gt car arrives in stores.

color01
2008.06.20, 01:05 AM
Sorry about that arch, I stole your diff height adjusters for my own car so I'm machining some more for you, as well as the battery tray I haven't made yet. :o It'll go out tomorrow or immediately after I get back from Toronto (few days' family trip).

arch2b
2008.06.20, 08:12 PM
no apologies necessary. the date has changed or will change so it's not an issue.

arch2b
2008.06.26, 11:38 AM
any ideas on when to fit this in? should we wait until after a new location is determined based on the next hfay race? there is interest in this still and silly to turn down the sponosor package from TGR.