PDA

View Full Version : ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY: DAYTONA 500 RACE/PARTY! FEB 17th!

ActionRC
2008.01.10, 10:43 AM
Hi, everyone! I would like to cordially invite all of you to the first annual Action RC Mini Speedway NASCAR "Cash-Racing" Championships / Daytona 500 Party on Sunday, February 17th! This is going to be a really fun day of racing on so many levels!!!

1. It's the Daytona 500! Come to Action RC and watch The Great American Race with all of your NASCAR fan buddies! Will Tony Stewart bring his new Toyota to victory on the high-banks? (I hope so!!!) Will Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson continue the domination they demonstrated last season? (I hope not!!!) How will the Car of Tomorrow (now the Car of Today) run at Daytona? If you are not a NASCAR fan, but have always been intrigued, this will be a great opportunity to surround yourself and dive into the NASCAR culture!

2. Cash Racing! Well, it's actually Gift Certificate racing like we do every Thursday night, but this will be an all-NASCAR event. The more drivers that show up, the higher the payouts will be. If you race at Action RC on Thursday nights, you know the routine, and if not, this is a really exciting element to spice-up our already exciting race program. Let's get lots of drivers, and let's give away a lot of Gift Certificates! Rules for this event will be fine-tuned as we know how many attendees we will have.

As a side-bar, many of our drivers with younger children have expressed interest in having their kids run in the NASCAR class. While this is difficult on a Saturday night, this might be a good opportunity to get our potential younger drivers into their own class of oval racing. Ideally, I see a class of, say, 9 and younger aged drivers who don't have to worry about getting slammed by much faster and better drivers. Maybe a 6 tooth, stock motor class? Think about it and let me know if you or your children are interested.

3. The Body Contest! Of all the custom bodies that are run at Action RC, the NASCAR bodies have a unique and exciting look to them that makes them super-realistic looking. We'll have some prizes for the best of the best NASCAR bodies, so start painting and get those decals! (Let's try not to have a field of 99's and 29's!!!)

4. Food! I did say this was the Daytona 500 PARTY, and no celebration is complete without food, so all registered drivers will get tickets for two slices of pizza and a soda.

Registration for this event will be $18 per driver, and our normal NASCAR rules will apply. If you haven't done so already, start getting your NASCAR car ready! If you are thinking of getting a NASCAR car, please let me know so I can make sure I order enough chassis', bodies, wheels, tires, upgrades, etc. Don't wait 'til the last minute or I may not have what you want in stock! We'll open at 12:00 for practice, and registration will be open to the first 33 drivers. Pre-registration and pre-payment is necessary, so register soon to ensure your spot in the big race! Call or email if you have any questions, as always.

It's kind of the unofficial slogan of Action RC Mini Speedway, but I've never meant it more than now: "Gentleman, start your batteries!!!"

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420
info@actionRCspeedway.com
www.actionRCspeedway.com

pottbellysrc
2008.01.10, 11:39 AM
Al this sounds cool. I believe it's a good weekend for me. Is this going to only be the standard class we run or can we add a whatever you can fit under the nascar body class open mod for the fun of it?

Davey G
2008.01.10, 01:31 PM
Al this sounds cool. I believe it's a good weekend for me. Is this going to only be the standard class we run or can we add a whatever you can fit under the nascar body class open mod for the fun of it?

I'm all for it......

pottbellysrc
2008.01.10, 01:38 PM
had another Great Relevation.. LOL..

What about F1 cars acting like Indy cars...... :-)

BTW Dave's even Slower on the oval.... LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

ZYHAC
2008.01.10, 02:50 PM
I am up for an open class. :) :D

sjm324
2008.01.10, 03:04 PM
had another Great Relevation.. LOL..

What about F1 cars acting like Indy cars...... :-)

BTW Dave's even Slower on the oval.... LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

I would like to run f1 cars like Indy cars too. I dont think Al wanted to have people run them because he thought they would get damaged to easily. I agree with him looking out for everyone. If a bunch of us wants to run them on the oval maybe he would consider it

Adam

Scrapper
2008.01.10, 05:40 PM
i will be there

k_bojar
2008.01.10, 10:25 PM
I'm pretty certain I'm in for the nascar race...Just Nascar, can't run F1's on the oval, just don't seem right almost like sacriliage (sp?)

pottbellysrc
2008.01.11, 03:55 PM
Ya know things come in 3's so here's my third Great Idea LOL

How about a Stock Mr02 Nascar class. Basically the normal MR02 class with nascar bodies. that will be the difference you can run any wheels and tires you want that are legal for Mr02 class. All Mr02 Rules apply except has to be a nascar body..... That would be cool and cheap for everyone to come play all they need is a body.

Count me in Al I'll be there...

pottbellysrc
2008.01.14, 03:55 PM
Where is Everybody?

CDR racing
2008.01.14, 05:24 PM
I think everyone is missing the point of this event. Dont forget its a DAYTONA 500 party.. Its meant to be a day to celebrate the NASCAR season starting and to get to watch the race with some friends. One of the ways of doing that is running our own version of the 500 with the NASCAR class. Running F1 kind of defeats the purpose of a Daytona 500 party. Lol. Regardless its sure to be a very fun day of racing. Hope to see you guys there.

Scrapper
2008.01.14, 09:54 PM
how long are the races gonna be about

pottbellysrc
2008.01.15, 02:15 PM
I think everyone is missing the point of this event. Dont forget its a DAYTONA 500 party.. Its meant to be a day to celebrate the NASCAR season starting and to get to watch the race with some friends. One of the ways of doing that is running our own version of the 500 with the NASCAR class. Running F1 kind of defeats the purpose of a Daytona 500 party. Lol. Regardless its sure to be a very fun day of racing. Hope to see you guys there.

I know I'm not missing the point and I don't agree it defeats the purpose. I understand about the Daytona 500 it's the Great American Race.

DAYTONA is the Kick off of ALL racing in the US pretty much. That's why some of us don't think it so bad to have a INDY (aka F1 cars) class run. Indy is part of American Racing and it Teams their biggest event with the Biggest week in Nascar every year.

IMO the only thing that could defeat the purpose of a dedicated oval race would be mixing in road course. Not other types of oval.

But the bigger part for me about pushing for secondary classes is justfying 3+ hrs of commuting up there to run one class. If it's not Indy (aka F1's) we should have something else. And no I don't cherry pick kids classes like i hear Stugottz is gonna do :eek: :D :o :eek: :D .

Scrapper
2008.01.15, 09:16 PM
:) middle finger smiley

Dudei pick good classes

How about we run mod xmod

ActionRC
2008.01.23, 05:36 PM
Hi, guys. Just to address some questions that came up, I want to keep it one class. Like Crop said - it's a celebration of the NASCAR season kicking off, and an opportunity to watch the race with friends, eat, and have fun racing the cars we're watching on TV. We'll be running a combination of races to add up to one large race so that we can keep turning the groups over. I'll give more event (rules) info as we nail them down, but don't worry about running one class - you'll have PLENTY of drive time!!!

Scrapper
2008.01.24, 03:31 PM
Al i am running the prep h car

Davey G
2008.01.24, 03:38 PM
Ya see? And this right here sir is why we poke fun at you....

SHEEEESSSHHH!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

pottbellysrc
2008.01.24, 04:19 PM
Al i am running the prep h car

If it's the same color as that Mustang you had it's PEPTO PINK. :eek:

Scrapper
2008.01.24, 04:52 PM
l wrote pepto bismol on hood
0 on roof
Stugottz on top of trunk
d main on rear bumper
Preperation H above rear wheels

pottbellysrc
2008.01.25, 10:21 AM
hey Stu Dave told me he want's a body lust like yours....

ZYHAC
2008.01.25, 11:15 AM
hey Stu Dave told me he want's a body lust like yours....

LMAO :D Too good to be true. LOL

Scrapper
2008.01.25, 01:01 PM
hey zzyhac if u wanna go to arc i can give u aride back to manhattan like i do with ur pal darrel and whom u might be aquanted with eugene

CDR racing
2008.02.01, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Stugottz;288053]l wrote pepto bismol on hood
0 on roof
Stugottz on top of trunk
d main on rear bumper
Preperation H above rear wheels[Quote/]

U wrote it huh?

Scrapper
2008.02.02, 01:29 PM
No bert did

ActionRC
2008.02.15, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone! It's Friday, and while the work/school week is ending, the biggest racing weekend of the year is just starting! Here's what's going on this weekend at Action RC Mini Speedway:

Bodies, etc! Lots more bodies have arrived - some of which I have never seen in person like the black AMG Mercedes! Don't ask me to hold any for you - first come, first serve! I have been getting LOTS of new items and inventory lately, so come on down and see what we've got. I even brought in a whole bunch of new colors of Tamiya spray paint which look really hot!

Layout! If you liked last week's layout, you'll like this one as well. I just made a small change to it since everyone seemed to like it so much.

Saturday:
1) I have a birthday party this Saturday, so please do not arrive before 3pm.
PLEASE NOTE: This should be the case every week, everyone. Action RC opens at 3pm, and although I know many of you like to try to get there early and get on the track, this practice, which I have been somewhat casual about, has to stop. Please plan your trips accordingly to enter at 3:00 each week.
2) This Saturday should be a busy one, so please call by 5pm if you will be late so I can get you in the computer.
3) Core has yet to send me the cards I ordered, so please make sure that you bring all of the cards you have. I will not have extras to burn for you because you forgot your card.

Sunday: THE DAYTONA 500 PARTY / GIFT CERTIFICATE RACE!
This promises to be a really fun event! We should have a really great turnout, and I still have some spots open, so please contact me and let me know if you will be attending if you haven't already. Doors will open at 1:00, and we'll start racing at 2:00. We'll be doing longer than normal runs, alternating groups, and we'll have pit stops! And don't forget - it's gift certificate racing! Half of the entry fees go back to the drivers! If you've seen the Budweiser Shootout and the Gatorade Duels, you know how great the Daytona 500 is going to be! Come on down, watch the race, eat, and be merry! Pizza and soda will be on the house!

I think that's all for now. I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend for another exciting weekend of racing at Action RC Mini Speedway - truly the greatest Mini-Z track around!

Go #20!!!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2008.02.23, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone who came out last Sunday to Action RC Mini Speedway for the 1st Annual Daytona 500 Party & Gift Card Race. I have to say that I think this was one of the most fun events we have ever run, and I can't wait to do it again. (Maybe the Brickyard Party & Gift Card Race?)

We ran three rounds of twenty minute heats, with a mandatory pit stop to change batteries during each heat. It was great to see cars battle on the track and drivers battle in the pits to get their cars back out as quickly as possible. It was not uncommon to see two drivers running on the same lap finish their pit stops on the same lap, and also to see two cars that were on the same lap not come out that way after one had a lousy pit stop. The added element of the pit stop really added lots of excitement to an already exciting class. After 3 rounds were run, two of the best runs laps were added together, and the highest points won the highest prizes. Pizza and soda were on the house, we took a few breaks to watch the Daytona 500, and got right back to racing. Here are the results:

DRIVER/TEAM LAPS PRIZE

1) Eugene 423 $15.50

2) Johnathan 412 $14.50

3) Al 384 $13.50

4) Lilí Joe 380 $12.50

5) Greg 369 $11.50

6)* Tom Jr 364 $10.50

7)* Tommy 364 $9.50

8) Jeff 359 $8.50

9) Tom Sr. 353 $7.50

10) Cropduster 305 $6.50

11 Darrel 295 $5.50

12) Anthony 242 $4.50

13) Justin 239 $3.50

14) Team Eugene 211 $2.50 (Eugene's brother and nephew)

15) Peter 193 $1.50

* Tommy and Tom Jr. settled their tie in a "1st Car to go a Lap Down" race, where Tommy spun and Junior capitalized to take the win.

The Best Looking Car Contest winner was Jeff with his very well executed American flag #00 car. Not only did it look great from a distance, but he executed the paintjob very neatly with sharp lines and great detail. His #24 Nicorette car looked great as well, but when it came down to paint vs. decals, the American flag was a definite winner. Kudos to Crop and many other drivers who decaled their way to a beautul body. It's not an easy job, but they came out great.

Congratulations to Ryan Newman for his Daytona 500 victory, and to Tom Jr. and Justin for hanging in their as fans of a #12 car that hadn't won in a VERY long time.

The Super Speedway track is still down for Saturday racing for 2/22, so if you liked it, come and race it again. We also have a really great road course this week, so I hope to see everyone soon!

(As a special recognition note, I want to thank my 6-year old son Justin for running in his first actual Action RC race. Wearing his Jeff Gordon driving suit, he ran lap after lap, working on getting better and better. His arms and legs started hurting, his fingers were tired, but he refused to come off the track and take a break. Another special recognition goes to Eugene's 5-year old nephew, Skyler, of Team Eugene, who split driving duties with his dad Ari for his first race ever as well. It was great to see the little guys out there doing the best they can, and not getting upset by being crashed or lapped - several times! The NASCAR class is great for new drivers like these, and I hope to see the next event have lots more of these junior drivers. They helped make the day even more special.)

See everyone soon!

Al

Action RC Mini Speedway

www.actionRCspeedway.com