PDA

View Full Version : Stock-R

greekone
2008.01.10, 09:22 PM
Will a Stock-R motor run safely on an Mr-02 with 3010 fets? Thanks

herman
2008.01.10, 09:54 PM
hmmm.... haven't tried it yet... but this might help... :D

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26584&highlight=atomic+stock+evolution+motor

VAzRACER
2008.01.10, 11:32 PM
The stock r works perfectly fine on 3010's. I've been told its right at the limit

of the fet's. I have one that I just broke in this week but have'nt used. The

one my friend has is very fast, it out runs my speedy awd 2. :eek:

Tjay
2008.01.15, 04:19 PM
We use this motor on our stock cars (3010's).

Programmers
2008.01.31, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it'll run on 3010's but you'll want to break it in very well before using it.

I run one on a single layer of 4562's and it's speed is beyond stupid.

greekone
2008.01.31, 07:31 PM
What are some good ways of breaking in motors?

DJ Kyosho
2008.01.31, 08:05 PM
Just a warning, a few of us who down here in socal had problems with it. It just stopped working after 2 days. We all thought we fried our fets but it turned out to be the motor. Might have gotten a bad batch though but a motor should last more than 2 days lol.

Programmers
2008.02.01, 02:32 AM
Lol, that's similar to the life of my HFAY motor.

hrdrvr
2008.02.01, 12:00 PM
Just a warning, a few of us who down here in socal had problems with it. It just stopped working after 2 days. We all thought we fried our fets but it turned out to be the motor. Might have gotten a bad batch though but a motor should last more than 2 days lol.

They must have had a bad batch, I had one do the same, but a friend of mine has been running one for a while now, (bought at different time) and it is sickening how fast it is. He just upped to a single layer of 4562s as well, and it is uncontrollable on our track.

Tjay
2008.02.01, 02:06 PM
break in: use to, not anymore... Just run a hot battery.

Bad batch: I know the atomic hand out motors are crap!

TALLGEESE
2008.02.01, 07:35 PM

The Stock-R is a great motor, but I've run into problems with mine as well.. I got mine brand new and broke the motor in on a PN motor break-in stand with no problems.. Then, I put the motor into a brand new MR-02 chassis and after about 10 laps the car stopped running.. Upon closer inspection I found the endbell had popped off, causing the brushes to touch together which fried the FET's.. When I went to take the motor off the motor-mount, I noticed that the tabs that hold the endbell onto the motor-can weren't even bent over to hold the endbell in place:mad::mad:...

I learned the hard way to check the tabs on all of my Atomic motors before I run them.. A lot of people in our'e club have also experienced the same problem with the endbells of their Atomic motors coming off.. The HFAY season 4-5 motors are notorious for doing this as well.. In the last 2 months I can think of at least 4 people in our'e club that have had they're endbells pop-off....

mk2kompressor
2008.02.01, 08:52 PM
the m1 endbell tabs do seem a little short,i have 3 stock r's all running fine.
the guys in oberkirch did mention thats the reason why they dont run the new can,we swapped to the stock r toward the end of the 12hr and had no probs with it(apart from it eating the rear tyres!!)
i wouldnt run one with stock fets though,pushing the fets to the limit over time will shorten their lifespan

@tom your hfay motor is in my new 02,tested at work and all seems fine:confused:;)

Programmers
2008.02.02, 11:14 AM
That's because you have the right knowledge and tools. :p