PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Mini-Z World Cup 07-08 East Coast

HKSHOBBY
2008.01.15, 05:19 AM
Atomic USA East coast race will held in New York on March 29-30, 2008. Will update more detail information soon.

Tjay
2008.01.15, 04:25 PM
hmm... this is a good excuse to go the NY.

March 29-30,? Two days event? I can't wait for the full info...

Davey G
2008.01.15, 06:26 PM
Atomic USA East coast race will held in New York on March 29-30, 2008. Will update more detail information soon.

Hi Alan, how are you?

That is the same date as the 1/18th scale nationals I believe, Bummer for me :(

wcrotty
2008.01.15, 07:58 PM
Alan,

Will the same tire rules apply to this race? Can we try and open it up?

Dave G,
I might have a chance now with you going to the 1/18 nats. Just kidding, wish you were going.

I can't wait for the race.

pchan0
2008.01.16, 01:57 AM
Anymore infomation on the location? Need to figure out how long of a drive from Toronto.

SaiTam
2008.01.16, 07:12 PM
Driving to NYC from apprx. Markham should take about 9-10 hours; with limited rest stop breaks. I have done it many times.

wcrotty
2008.01.16, 07:15 PM
Sai,

Do you know where the race might be?

michvin
2008.01.16, 09:19 PM
I heard Queens, but does it matter really after you got to the city?

SaiTam
2008.01.16, 09:49 PM
Maybe a Mall in Flushing.

CristianTabush
2008.01.16, 11:39 PM
I'm gonna try to make it. I need a re-match with Willy ;) Maybe if Sai is running his own car I have to worry about him instead of the fastest old man alive!!! ;) Love ya Willy!!!

Tjay
2008.01.17, 04:13 AM
man that Willy guy was sand baggin on Friday (practice/tuning day) then comes race day he was battling with the Champ!

Great driving skills for an old man :P!

imxlr8ed
2008.01.17, 10:26 AM
Willy doesn't sandbag, he's usually just the most courteous driver out there! I've seen him slow almost to a near stop for wrecks where others would just plow through.

Tjay
2008.01.17, 11:36 AM
Willy doesn't sandbag, he's usually just the most courteous driver out there! I've seen him slow almost to a near stop for wrecks where others would just plow through.

I was kidding when I said he was sand baggin'. I was really impress on how Willy was driving that AWD. That was great! It was pretty crazy cuz we were all talking about him here the next day after the event. How he was almost all over the place on Friday and then Saturday his car was hookin up and battling with the best.

SaiTam
2008.01.17, 12:34 PM
I think on Friday Willy was driving his own mis-tuned P.O.S. AWD and he decided to use my car instead on race day.

lfisminiz
2008.01.17, 03:03 PM
Sai, thats a GOOD one!!!

minittrackmann
2008.01.17, 03:44 PM
Dave are you going to the offroad nationals? I will be there. IDK now though. This event would be fun. Last year the Nationals was great.

Cody

minittrackmann
2008.01.28, 05:37 PM
Is there anyway more info can be told? I am interested. This is a lot closer than the nationals. I just wanted to no the rules and regs. and exactly were it will take place:)

Cody

Tjay
2008.01.28, 05:49 PM
I hope they can move the date to sometime in April. I want to go but can't make it in March...

wcrotty
2008.01.31, 05:42 PM
Any more info on this race?

k_bojar
2008.02.01, 12:36 PM
Any word on a location yet?? :)

Old Crow
2008.02.11, 09:48 AM
This event already failed once, so, yes I am little skeptical/critical. I understand there is alot of time, money and planning involved in getting a event up and running, but it seems that most regionals are "last minute" events. This makes it very difficult to plan to go and make arrangements. Can't the planning be better for these so we have at least a few months notice with near full details and locations ? Is that too much to ask ? I love the sport and know most others are serious fans too that want to have fun with it, still I feel we need to take these races more seriously to solidify credibility in the sport.

k_bojar
2008.02.11, 10:56 AM
This event already failed once, so, yes I am little skeptical/critical. I understand there is alot of time, money and planning involved in getting a event up and running, but it seems that most regionals are "last minute" events. This makes it very difficult to plan to go and make arrangements. Can't the planning be better for these so we have at least a few months notice with near full details and locations ? Is that too much to ask ? I love the sport and know most others are serious fans too that want to have fun with it, still I feel we need to take these races more seriously to solidify credibility in the sport.

ditto on the more planning...

I've always thought a "regional" event should be able to have a TON of drivers at, not just 15 or 20 drivers running 3 classes a piece - that is nothing more than a glorified club race :(

CristianTabush
2008.02.11, 11:27 AM
Instead of voicing this on the forums, which Atomic does not read, you guys need to bombard Alan Mok at HKS hobby and Atomic in Hong Kong directly. Send e-mails per day if necessary. They are typically very bad at responding inquiries. But if a lot of people inquire in large quantities, you might increase your chance of success.

SaiTam
2008.02.12, 10:59 AM
I just received the registration form from the Atomic distributor. This race will go on since the mall space rental has been paid for by him. A local hobby shop will co-sponsor this event. More info coming tonight when I get home.

wcrotty
2008.02.12, 12:25 PM
Great News Sai

SaiTam
2008.02.15, 06:56 AM
Here is the latest info:

-Owner of HKS Hobby is out of the country to take care of some family business

-Contact www.shopmaj.com for race information. This is the local hobby shop co-sponsoring the race

k_bojar
2008.02.15, 08:35 AM
Here is the latest info:

-Owner of HKS Hobby is out of the country to take care of some family business

-Contact www.shopmaj.com for race information. This is the local hobby shop co-sponsoring the race

Sai - not to be a jerk, but where on Maj's site?? I just looked over the whole site and still nothing :(

This makes it very hard to coordinate a trip up to this race....

SaiTam
2008.02.15, 10:23 AM
Maj is currently working on the flyers to be shown on the website.

Maj and I had our first talk yesterday about the race and we were racing in the shop until 12:30am, let's give him some time to sleep before he updates his website.

J.Mak
2008.02.16, 01:35 AM
Hi Sai,
I will be at the race with Peter Chan. May be more guys will come too.. How's the race going on? I didn't get any infomation from the race yet!

James

bermbuster
2008.02.16, 10:57 AM
The race is going to be awesome. I was at Majs and I got to see the Flyer.
Top shelf mini z racing close to home......
The mall is in Flushing Queens
the track will be rcp with core lap counting.
I know Maj is working on the flyer......:D

k_bojar
2008.02.16, 11:51 AM
The race is going to be awesome. I was at Majs and I got to see the Flyer.
Top shelf mini z racing close to home......
The mall is in Flushing Queens
the track will be rcp with core lap counting.
I know Maj is working on the flyer......:D

either way its still a bummer that someone created this thread and the race organizers don't come on here (when they are on the board normally) and shed any info about the race...

I wish I was closer to Maj's so I could drive up and see the flyer - but 2.5 hours is a little long to take a run up for something like that...

k_bojar
2008.02.18, 08:09 PM
Maj is currently working on the flyers to be shown on the website.

Maj and I had our first talk yesterday about the race and we were racing in the shop until 12:30am, let's give him some time to sleep before he updates his website.

So what's the deal with the race? any chance, for those of us who aren't locals to Maj's, on seeing the information for this race BEFORE the week of the event??

I understand everything needs to be organized - and god knows, I've done my fair share of organizing a race - but to post about a race, then offer no follow up support is kinda lame..

I know Christian said to bombard Atomic's and HKS's mail - but it should also fall on the race host to be able to supply the information..Supposedly this was all available since Saturday - it shouldn't take more than 5 mins to make the changes to a website, especially not with today's technology and ease-of-use web development/content tools...

Any ideas when this might show up on Maj's site?

bermbuster
2008.02.18, 08:23 PM
Hey Kev,

Here is the mall where the race is happening.....
http://www.888flushingmall.com/
Im sure the flyer will be out soon....

george

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 09:42 AM
Hello All.

Thanks george for posting the link to the mall where the race will be held.

Here is the link to the entry form.

http://www.rcatomic.com/race/Reg_form_east.jpg

Those that are interested we will be hosting a pre World Warm up race at MHS in the next week or so. MHS will be paying for the Top 3 winners of the warm up race and given MHS team shirts for the World race in March. (winners must sign and agree to wear the shirts at the race.)

I will post the date to this race later today.

See you all soon.

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 09:47 AM
So what's the deal with the race? any chance, for those of us who aren't locals to Maj's, on seeing the information for this race BEFORE the week of the event??

I understand everything needs to be organized - and god knows, I've done my fair share of organizing a race - but to post about a race, then offer no follow up support is kinda lame..

I know Christian said to bombard Atomic's and HKS's mail - but it should also fall on the race host to be able to supply the information..Supposedly this was all available since Saturday - it shouldn't take more than 5 mins to make the changes to a website, especially not with today's technology and ease-of-use web development/content tools...

Any ideas when this might show up on Maj's site?

bojar,

Sorry for not having things up to par for you.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel to call us at the shop.

see you soon.

michvin
2008.02.19, 09:52 AM
Hello All.

Thanks george for posting the link to the mall where the race will be held.

Here is the link to the entry form.

http://www.rcatomic.com/race/Reg_form_east.jpg

Those that are interested we will be hosting a pre World Warm up race at MHS in the next week or so. MHS will be paying for the Top 3 winners of the warm up race and given MHS team shirts for the World race in March. (winners must sign and agree to wear the shirts at the race.)

I will post the date to this race later today.

See you all soon.oh come on.... :D
It's a .jpg file! What are we supposed to do with it? :)

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 10:06 AM
oh come on.... :D
It's a .jpg file! What are we supposed to do with it? :)

Michvin,

LOL oh man I just realized thats how they posted it on their site.

I have a guy making a pdf and it will be up today.

But i just clicked the jpeg and was able to enlarge it and print it. If you havent done that you can try that.

Thanks for letting me know.

See ya soon.

michvin
2008.02.19, 11:53 AM
Michvin,

LOL oh man I just realized thats how they posted it on their site.

I have a guy making a pdf and it will be up today.

But i just clicked the jpeg and was able to enlarge it and print it. If you havent done that you can try that.

Thanks for letting me know.

See ya soon.
oh, i can print it... but it has no instruction as to were to send money or how to pay (or i missed something?)

k_bojar
2008.02.19, 11:47 PM
bojar,

Sorry for not having things up to par for you.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel to call us at the shop.

see you soon.

Leo - Its not anything like that, was just getting frustrated by not being able to find ANY info about this race.

Sorry for being a pain in the butt - and I know what an undertaking it is to put on a race, design the flyers, blah blah blah...

I was just anxious to make sure I can get the time off I'd need to come up for this race...

Any ideas if there will be any availability on Friday nite? Or will everything just start Saturday morning? :)

Thanks!

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.20, 12:32 AM
bojar,

No problem I understand. We are doing our best to make every one happy. As far as I know we are setting up the track Friday night.

That is what I was last told. I will reconfirm that tomorrow and let you know if that is still the case.

It is 1:30 am so I can not confirm that with Maj until tomorrow.

have a great day.

leo

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.20, 12:33 AM
Thought every one would like to know you can register on line for this race at www.ShopMaj.com

Have a great day!

MikeL
2008.02.25, 10:18 AM
What's the class/day schedule? is it quals sat, mains sunday or is certain classes sat and certain on sunday?

wcrotty
2008.02.25, 02:13 PM
Here is some information Maj sent me.

This is what I was told so far as of last week

On the 29th half the day is practice and the other half will be 2 qualifying runs.
On the 30th 1 qualify then triple A mains.

Rules is the same as Cali race also the prizes.

As for the tire rules the fronts tires will stay the same but may or may not enforce the rear tire spec.

Tjay
2008.03.05, 03:25 PM
I think everyone in the area should race on this day. I know the entry fee sounds kind of expensive but it's all worth it. On that day I got;

-Chilli motor for the 2wd mod class
-2007 atomic T-shirt (awesome shirt) ;)! --> that they don't sell.
-Crap load of tires. Although I know noone would use them but the front tires I like to use on both 2wd and awd.
-Then I won an AM atomic board from the raffle, that works like an AD band. This board works great! The steering and throttle is so precise compare to the stock board. I don't have to clean my POT.
-If you win 1st, 2nd or 3rd. You'll receive a new set-up board aka plaques :)!

but the most important thing though is being able to race with the big guys! Damn I wanna go on this race!!!

Scrapper
2008.03.05, 05:34 PM
I just registered

2WD STOCK

Do u get to keep the motor and shirt

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 05:50 PM
I just registered

2WD STOCK

Do u get to keep the motor and shirt

you sure do....you will get tires too...
remember you must run the tires and the motor during the races....
if the tires dont hook up you have to try to tune the car so you can get the traction and or steering you need....

Tjay
2008.03.05, 06:27 PM
let me clear up about the shirt. I think you have to pre-register to get one.

xxam
2008.03.05, 07:30 PM
Hope I get the shirt... :D (that will be my trophy..hehehe)

Anyone know if we need to bring our own pit tables/chairs/blah blah??
Where do we get the shirt??

wcrotty
2008.03.05, 09:15 PM
I can't wait for this race. Some heavy hitters from the east coast are going. I think the Toronto crew is coming down and the ny guys too. Should be awesome.

My self and scott from pro-z will be there.

pchan0
2008.03.06, 01:55 AM
I'm in, what is the handout tire for AWD mod class? Is it their front 40 x groove pattern? Rear is open right?

Scrapper
2008.03.06, 05:46 AM
would i wanna run mm or rm

can a 3004 handle the standard

or should i go 3010

What are the tires like are they spin outs or rear grip and little front grip

If u payed using a paypal in ur parents name can u corrrect the registered person to urself?
Does anyone have any idea as to the times of day on saturday/sunday?

bermbuster
2008.03.06, 12:50 PM
I'm in, what is the handout tire for AWD mod class? Is it their front 40 x groove pattern? Rear is open right?

here are the rules and times.....

Race Schedule
March 29, 2008 - Saturday
9:00 AM: Registration, handout motors/tires. At this time track will be closed
10:00 AM - 12:00PM: Controlled Practice
12:00 PM to closing: 1st and 2nd rounds of qualifying; with limited practices in between
March 30, 2008 - Sunday
10:00 AM: 3rd qualifying rounds
1:00 PM: Mains
We will have trophy presentations after the Mains.

Rules
Formula 1 Stock
Chassis: Mini-Z F1
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board / RV Project Fine-Tune Unit board with AM 27mhz Frequency (3004 or 3010 FET) (No modifications allowed; No AD-Band; No 2.4Ghz; No additional FETs or turbo)
Motor: AR-076-B, Standard BB (Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 210g READY TO RUN
Max Wheel Base: 130mm
Max Car Length: 205mm
Max Car Width: 85mm
Max Car Height: 50mm

Car Body: Kyosho Mini-Z F1 Auto Scale Body
Rims: Any brand allowed as long as it is the same size as the F1 rims that come with the kit. Front width: 13.5mm; Rear width 15.5mm
Tires: Rubber tires only. Any Brand Allowed. Diameter must be the same as Kyosho made F1 tires. Traction compound not allowed. FOAM tires not allowed.
Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery allowed.
Frequency: AM27 MHz
Transmitter: Any Brand AM27 MHz transmitter is allowed.
Option Parts: Any aftermarket hop-up parts are allowed.

Three qualifiers and One Main, each main is 8 minutes.

2WD Stock

Chassis: MR01, MR-015, MR-02
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board / RV Project Fine-Tune Unit board with AM 27mhz Frequency (3004 or 3010 FET) (No modifications allowed; No AD-Band; No 2.4Ghz; No additional FETs or turbo)
Motor: AR-076-B, Standard BB (Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 180g
Max Wheel Base: 106mm
Max Car Length: 178mm
Max Car Width: 80mm
Max Car Height: 45mm

Car Body: Kyosho Mini-Z Auto Scale Bodies only
Rims: Any brand allowed, rims must fit within the width of the car body.
Tires: HANDOUT ATOMIC Rubber/Silicon tires. Front (AR143); Rear (AR146). Traction compound not allowed.
Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery allowed.
Frequency: AM27 MHz
Transmitter: Any Brand AM27 MHz transmitter is allowed.

Three qualifiers and One Main, each main is 8 minutes.

AWD Modified

Chassis: MA010
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board. AD Band is allowed. 2.4Ghz is allowed. FET modification allowed. No aftermarket electronic or ESC such as NOVAK or TEKIN.
Motor: STOCK-R (MO-006 Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 190g
Max Wheel Base: 98mm
Max Car: 80mm

Rims: Any brand allowed, rims must fit within the width of the car body
Tires: HANDOUT ATOMIC Rubber/Silicon tires. Front (AR143); Traction compound not allowed.
Frequency: AM27 MHz. AD Band Channel
Transmitter: Any Brand transmitter is allowed.

Three qualifiers and One Main, each race is 8 minutes.

2WD Modified

Chassis: MR01, MR-015, MR02.
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board. AD Band and 2.4Ghz is allowed. FET modification allowed. No aftermarket electronic or ESC such as NOVAK or TEKIN.
Motor: Chili Modified Motor (MO-007 Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 180g
Max Wheel Base: 98mm
Max Car Width: 80mm

Rims: Any brand allowed, rims must fit within the width of the car body
Tires: HANDOUT ATOMIC Rubber/Silicon tires. Front (AR143)). Traction compound not allowed.
Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery is allowed.
Frequency: AM27 MHz or AD Band
Transmitter: Any Brand transmitter is allowed.

Three qualifiers and One Main, each race is 8 minutes.

Tjay
2008.03.06, 01:01 PM
Race Schedule
March 29, 2008 - Saturday
9:00 AM: Registration, handout motors/tires. At this time track will be closed
10:00 AM - 12:00PM: Controlled Practice
12:00 PM to closing: 1st and 2nd rounds of qualifying; with limited practices in between
March 30, 2008 - Sunday
10:00 AM: 3rd qualifying rounds
1:00 PM: Mains
We will have trophy presentations after the Mains.

lucky guys! we didn't have any practice in between any heats.

I like the idea of having controlled practice. it makes it more challenging... I tell you, you'll know when your time is up if Allan is there. You'll definitely hear 'em :D.

wcrotty
2008.03.10, 09:20 AM
Will the prizes still be the same as the west coast race?

wcrotty
2008.03.10, 11:10 AM
Ok i'm confused about the tire rule for this race.

What was posted in this forum above is the same that is on Majs website. But i just checked the rcatomic website and they have different rules for the tires.

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=1

http://www.rcatomic.com/race/Regulation_Ver1.5.pdf

I just want to make sure i know what the rule will be at the race.

bermbuster
2008.03.10, 04:22 PM
Ok i'm confused about the tire rule for this race.

What was posted in this forum above is the same that is on Majs website. But i just checked the rcatomic website and they have different rules for the tires.

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=128&Itemid=1

http://www.rcatomic.com/race/Regulation_Ver1.5.pdf

I just want to make sure i know what the rule will be at the race.

All I did was cut and paste from the rules at Maj's website. I see now the rules are saying any tires....Im confused now as well...I will email HKS and find out. Whatever the case we still will be tuning things to get the cars hooked up....The RCP track being used is not from Majs hobbyshop so nobody is going to know what traction will be like until the Saturday of the race....

imxlr8ed
2008.03.11, 08:59 AM
Maj or Alan should clarify... they are the one hosting the event, and they are the ones with the final say on all these matters. Not that I don't appreciate the valiant efforts from others to get this information out there, but it seems kind of strange that this has to be the way it goes.

On a lighter note... thanks to Bermbuster for the battery supplier connection, best power to price ratio I've ever found!

xxam
2008.03.11, 07:43 PM
No news yet? Ill bump the thread.

I just practiced a week using the rules from Maj's

Scrapper
2008.03.12, 10:19 AM
no response yet i preregistered thats interesting ey

pchan0
2008.03.14, 03:18 PM
Any news regarding the tire rule? I don't want to know last minute at the event. Thanks.

EMU
2008.03.14, 05:10 PM
I am anticipating that there will be handout tires by what is posted on Maj's site... Which is AW 30d rear and AW 40d front. This will only effect the 2wd stock class.

The track grip is going to be different from my home track, so making changes to the setup to accomodate the tires isnt going to help me at all.

I would like to have a sure answer as well, although I will be ready for handout tires or no handout tires...

bermbuster
2008.03.15, 06:03 AM
Ok Guys
I got this info straight from Alan.....
F1 front and rear tires are open
2WD Stock front and rear tires hand-out
2WD MOD front tire hand-out rear ties open
4WD MOD front tire hand-out rear ties open

berm

EMU
2008.03.15, 01:30 PM
Berm, do you know what the front tire will be for the 2wd and AWD MOD?

Thanks for the info.

bermbuster
2008.03.21, 08:26 PM
OK racers....it is about a week away....
who is coming and what classes are you racing???

lfisminiz
2008.03.21, 10:52 PM
Ill be there. 2WD STOCK and 4WD MOD.:)

wcrotty
2008.03.23, 08:52 PM
Does anyone know if there will be triple A-mains?

CristianTabush
2008.03.24, 10:39 AM
I won't be able to make this one, but my lil' protoge Jacob Feinstein will go up there and represent H-town and Reflex Racing. Show him and his Dad a good time for me. Just don't be bitter when he smokes all of ya ;)

MikeL
2008.03.24, 01:53 PM
OK racers....it is about a week away....
who is coming and what classes are you racing???

I'll be there running stock and mod.

Jebroni
2008.03.24, 07:57 PM
I will be heading up there with some honey I met at work the other day. In Baltimore finding a Mini Z racer is like finding a corner without crack, hard as hell to do..... with that in mind.... 2WD Mod, AWD mod, maybe stock.

bermbuster
2008.03.24, 08:09 PM
I won't be able to make this one, but my lil' protoge Jacob Feinstein will go up there and represent H-town and Reflex Racing. Show him and his Dad a good time for me. Just don't be bitter when he smokes all of ya ;)

I know you dont want to get spanked by Willy.....:D
Im just joking....
the reality is there will be some of the best mini z racers at this race....
I know I will need a miracle to win but i like being a true underdog...hehehe
Im looking forward to meeting and learning some tricks and lines from the best racers....:)

wcrotty
2008.03.24, 08:50 PM
Cristian,

Sad to hear you can't make it but seeing Jacob again will be cool. Anyone else from reflex coming to the race?

EMU
2008.03.24, 11:05 PM
I will be running 2wd stock and mod.

I was planning on running AWD mod with a 2.4 ASF board. But the controller keeps shutting down on my 2wd car, so I wont have that ready. One of the local racers already made his conversion, and it works great. His transmitter doesnt shut down. I think he will be running it at the race.

imxlr8ed
2008.03.25, 03:46 AM
One of the best driving displays I ever saw was Jacob at the 2006 PNWC... that guy is intense behind the wheel! Give him a cars width at the apex and he'll take it! Look forward to the event guys... It's starting to look like I'll be in 2WD Stock and 2WD Mod unless I can figure out what the heck is up with my F1 until then.

I'm running some Walmartian Duracells in my KT18... seems to work fine... if I don't use my ASF in Mod, you can borrow my controller EMU.

Love the avatar Jebroni... nothing like the comfortable feeling of seeing your doc throw gang signs right before you go under! :) (can picture it now... "It's cool man, just relax... deep breaths now... We're gonna PIMP YO SPLEEN!")

Jebroni
2008.03.25, 05:57 AM
One of the best driving displays I ever saw was Jacob at the 2006 PNWC... that guy is intense behind the wheel! Give him a cars width at the apex and he'll take it! Look forward to the event guys... It's starting to look like I'll be in 2WD Stock and 2WD Mod unless I can figure out what the heck is up with my F1 until then.

I'm running some Walmartian Duracells in my KT18... seems to work fine... if I don't use my ASF in Mod, you can borrow my controller EMU.

Love the avatar Jebroni... nothing like the comfortable feeling of seeing your doc throw gang signs right before you go under! :) (can picture it now... "It's cool man, just relax... deep breaths now... We're gonna PIMP YO SPLEEN!")

Ha..... Well, I spent the first 22 years of my life living in East Baltimore working for myself tax free and close to home (hint, hint) and I was a bad bad seed. Then one day a good friend of mine was killed and it was like a wake up call. Since then I have finished school, and now am working as a surgical implant specialist at johns hopkins. Its almost like a ****ing movie the way my life went. I still have a little of that old Dave inside me, but i pushed him way way back. So it would be in your best interest to let me pass you on the track.......... ;)

P.S. I printed out your post and just taped it to the office door. Everyone is cracking up....

CristianTabush
2008.03.25, 10:45 AM
I know you dont want to get spanked by Willy.....:D
Im just joking....
the reality is there will be some of the best mini z racers at this race....
I know I will need a miracle to win but i like being a true underdog...hehehe
Im looking forward to meeting and learning some tricks and lines from the best racers....:)

Well, let's just start off by saying 1. He did not spank me, he barely beat me. And 2. He's old! I let him beat me to make him feel better, It might have been his last chance ;)

No seriously, Willy did awesome at the Atomic Race out in Cali. But now, Jacob is taking a good AWD to go race with him. We have been working on set-up since the last Atomic Race and I know he has a much more competitive package than what I had.

Bill, nobody else is going up there. We all kind of have our heart set on the RCX race. We are back to not being able to practice in Houston anymore though. So as everybody gets more competitive it gets tougher for us to stay ahead of the curve.

Scrapper
2008.03.26, 07:54 PM
2wd stock

can i bring some kid up from westchester to watch on saturday and maybe test one of my cars after racing

bermbuster
2008.03.26, 08:39 PM
2wd stock

can i bring some kid up from westchester to watch on saturday and maybe test one of my cars after racing

Sam
you can bring him to watch. Saturday night Im sure the track will be full of racers tuning and practicing for Sunday. An inexperienced driver could cause a major wreck so Im thinking NO...to testing....
Berm

EMU
2008.03.26, 10:34 PM
I agree. A big race is not where you want to "test" a new drivers skills. There are going to be many fast drivers at the event, and they will get very ticked off if there is a car doing circles in the middle of the track. I barely run the practice sessions at ARCMS since it becomes a hack fest. It is more important for me to have a car that runs than to practice the layouts there. I mainly only test cars that are new setups, or I am trying to work out some bugs. Good thing that this race will have 'controlled' practice.

Also, make sure that you secure the tires to the wheels properly. It may be barely acceptable to run with 3 tires at ARCMS, but it will not be tolerated at all at this race. Make sure that the car is running properly when it is on the track, you dont want to ruin anyone elses race. They may not be as forgiving as the racers at ARCMS. At big races, drivers are amped up, and want to do the best that they can.

As much as I like to help people set up their cars, I need to focus on my own during this race. So I will not be able to assist you with your car. Double, and triple check everything before you go to the track. Make sure that the wheels spin free, bearings and differential are smooth. The grip will be completely different than Action. Especially with the handout tires. You should bring an assortment of t-plates and front springs to adjust to the grip difference. Dont expect to just be able to put the car down and expect it to run perfectly. I know Im not. I am going to have a couple chassis' set up in different configurations just in case I need more or less steering.

At the PNWC in 06, I didnt have any tires that hooked up. The PN and GPM tires sucked at the time, and I had to run Kyosho 20d radial rears which would work decently for about 5 minutes then it was fishtailing again. If I ran front tires with less grip, I had to take the turns very slowly since the car was pushing too hard. I ran decent for what I had, but I just couldnt get the power down.

The handout tire rule makes for a much more even field. Although, there will really be one setup that will work better than the rest... the key is finding that setup early, and tweaking it to perform better. Body choice will also be a big factor. It will be a very interesting race. Good luck everyone.

Jebroni
2008.03.27, 06:25 AM
I don't know what any of you cats look like. So, if you see a guy with a bandage over his nose, come say wassup to me. I wanna put some faces to all these names.

imxlr8ed
2008.03.27, 07:58 AM
I always thought MZR should sell or just give away sticky name tags for events like this, they would read something like:

"Hello!... my MZR forum name is:"

Jebroni
2008.03.27, 09:58 AM
I always thought MZR should sell or just give away sticky name tags for events like this, they would read something like:

Well, everyone should put a sticker on with their forum name....

Scrapper
2008.03.27, 09:15 PM
i am the kid in a mccain or hillary or action rc t shirt

michvin
2008.03.28, 10:47 AM
i am the kid in a mccain or hillary or action rc t shirt

well, you know Stugottz when you see one :) Hi Sam

mini-z
2008.03.28, 01:11 PM

I love it - will look into it! :)

CristianTabush
2008.03.29, 03:15 PM
After one round of qualifying I was just informed that Reflex International Team Driver Jacob Feinstein is Top Qualifier in BOTH AWD Modified and 2WD Modified. Way to go Jacob!!!

bermbuster
2008.03.29, 09:15 PM
Pictures are worth a thousand words.....
awesome event....

Tjay
2008.03.30, 11:56 AM
http://minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24387&d=1206843292

WOW! That's F***!** a lot of people! I hope the RCX will be the same way.

Tjay
2008.03.30, 11:57 AM
where's the track pic?

ruf
2008.03.30, 07:05 PM
WAY TO GO JACOB! You done good! :D

MikeL
2008.03.30, 07:52 PM
Excellent race! Congrats to Jacob for taking 2wd and AWD Mod. This event was a lot of fun and I am happy I got to goto an event of this caliber. Big thanks to the Atmoic Crew, Maj, Willie and all others who worked hard thought the weekend.

Scrapper
2008.03.30, 08:20 PM
round of applause for jacob all around

egonzalez
2008.03.30, 09:33 PM
Jacob.... You were on rails....:eek::eek:... I was really amazing to see that caliber of driving. Congrats and thanks for your tips.

Edel G.

CristianTabush
2008.03.30, 11:31 PM
Three Races so far this year and we are still kicking butt! I want to thank Jacob and his father Mr. Michael Feinstein for their hard work and dedication to the Mini-Z world and especially our team. Having people like you on our team is a great honor and the reason why Reflex Racing is the most talented team on the planet!

Looks like we will have another trip together this year Jacob. Bring on Hong Kong ;)

In the meantime, next stop is RCX!

EMU
2008.03.31, 12:53 AM
I would first like to congratulate Jacob, Bill and Sai on their wins.

It was an excellent race event. Many great drivers. Many classes were very close. I went not expecting to win anything. Which I did. I didnt win any plaques. I went to have fun, and race as good as I can. I just wanted to get into an A main. I had never been in an A event at any regional or world PN/Atomic event or before.

Jacob was very fast in AWD mod. Peter was equally fast, and led many laps. Jacob was a little cleaner and got the wins. AWD mod was one of the most intense races to watch. I would have liked to have seen Peter win the 2nd race and watch them battle it out for the third... but that is a spectators point of view. It was a blast to watch.

I ran decent in stock, qualifying 5th in A. I had a few mishaps in the race, and couldnt catch up. I think I finished 7th or 8th(9 car field), I didnt check the chart. I would have liked a triple main, but that was only for the mod events. I am still very satisfied making the A main with many talented drivers running. Also running with Phil (Philly123)and Ron from Cruizin with RC's. Jacob, running a loaner car after frying a couple, started 9th on the grid, finishing 3rd. If he started up on the grid, who knows... He could have pulled touring car sweep.

I ran in 2wd mod B main. I havent raced a mod car for a couple years... literally. It took a little adjusting to. The race was good, tight. I wasnt as clean as I was during the qualifying. The racing was very fun. My buddy Magic took over a year off from racing, came back about 2 weeks ago, and ran in the race with me, Phil and Ron. It was great. I started trying out an RM 98mm Murcielago. The setup ran great on a stock car at my local track last week. The grip on the track today had much more bite, and the setup didnt work well for me. Magic was running a very similar setup on his 2.4 ASF car in mod. He kept with it, making a few changes to his setup, and it worked out pretty well by the main. I switched to 94mm Lexus SC430, and finished very close with him. I will have to put the modified car back in the box... wait until the next time I can use it since we dont run 2wd mod.

I had a lot of fun. On and off the track. It was great meeting and racing with a lot of good racers. Track layout was great.

I look forward to racing with many of the drivers again. I like great racing, and would rather loose to a better driver than win holding him back ;) When I win, I will know I deserve it.

Good luck at RCX Reflex!

bermbuster
2008.03.31, 06:25 AM
Congrats to Jacob and his Dad (Mike)....
Congrats to Bill Crotty
Congrats to Sai Tam
Congrats to all the other racers as well....
there was some serious racing going on....
I also want to thank Alan (Atomic) the Flushing Mall
and last but not least my good friend Maj....
Majs Hobby Shop is a new business and to sponsor an event like this and the way it ran.... proved to the Mini Z world Majs Hobby is World Class....

Jerry P
2008.03.31, 07:22 AM
What a great event. It was a nice turnout with a lot's of spectators. Alan and Maj put on a great show. I cant wait for the next race. I didnt do as well as i would have liked but i'll take the experience and run with it.

ruf
2008.03.31, 01:06 PM
Anyone who's been to a race of this caliber understands just how hard it can be to run more than one class, much less WIN more than one class. Add to that the fact that AWD and 2WD driving styles are completely different, and mod and stock lines and timing are also completely different, and that each round has you constantly switching between them all while chasing traction and balance as the grip comes up on the track over the weekend and it's darned near impossible.

That being said, Jacob did everything we expected him to when we brought him onboard here at Reflex. I miss racing behind this kid... If he can keep the wheels on the car, he can win with it! :D

imxlr8ed
2008.03.31, 03:29 PM
Great event! Had fun even though I didn't do as well as I expected to. (I'm sure many feel that way at all of these events) Was neat to be in the big city and feel pretty much at home wherever I went. I think I'm done with asian cuisine for a little while though... I think I over-did it a bit.

As always, great to see the "Greats" in action! Jacob opened up a driving clinic, and rang the school bell pretty early in the Mains. I am in awe of everyone in the "A"s... the level of control is just mesmerizing. At certain points during these races, it's almost unbelievable how they do what they do with these cars. Everytime I get to one of these I learn 1 or 2 new tricks of the trade that just make perfect sense... but probably never would have thought of on my own, that in itself is worth the cost of entry fees to me!

I had fun in the B Stock, right up to the point where I got wailed and my body becamed dislodged... but, I fully expect this stuff everytime I go to one of these!

A little cramped and crowded, but not really a huge deal. The crowds are always cool... hope Maj gets some newbies out of all those spectators! My only real gripe was the last minute tire rule change in stock... I spent alot of time tweaking for those tires and practiced all Saturday morning on them, not to mention the past week or so getting that car perfect. Oh well, no biggie... I still had fun and I'm always looking forward to the next big one!

Congrats to all!

xxam
2008.03.31, 03:29 PM
Congrats to Jacob and his Dad (Mike)....
Congrats to Bill Crotty
Congrats to Sai Tam
Congrats to all the other racers as well....
there was some serious racing going on....
I also want to thank Alan (Atomic) the Flushing Mall
and last but not least my good friend Maj....
Majs Hobby Shop is a new business and to sponsor an event like this and the way it ran.... proved to the Mini Z world Majs Hobby is World Class....
...lets add a quick congrats to Peter Chan (PChan) as well! He's going to Hong Kong too. Way to go Peter!

ruf
2008.03.31, 05:50 PM
Nah. Peter sucks. :D hahaha! Congrats to the Privateer King!

lfisminiz
2008.03.31, 06:26 PM
I too really enjoyed the event. Watching the "TOP" guys is really an eye opener. Amazing skills and the Quickness that they can set there cars up. Ended up in both B mains, so i was happy. Always want to do better but the talent level at this type of event is tops. Always look forward to meeting the racers and catching up with the guys here on the forum.:)

anarchydude
2008.03.31, 08:35 PM
Fun event! Glad to see old faces again and meeting new people. Maj, you and your guys are awesome! Top notch stuff. Awesome on-site shop for parts. Can't wait to see you guys again. Congrats to Peter and Jacob.

Cherub1m
2008.03.31, 10:13 PM
Congrats!!! to Jacob, Bill, and Sai. Also, great job by Peter who is going to Hong Kong. He placed 2nd on the AWD but I felt the race could have gone either way.

I got into miniz's 5 or 6 months ago I never thought the level of competition was this high. Well, this event was an eye opener. Also Atomic and MHS hobbies did a great job running the event.

It was also great to see some of the top drivers helping other drivers and to have so many different hobby shops and companies working together behaving and being civil...that is priceless.

Until the next race
Philip

JacobFeinstein
2008.04.02, 04:07 PM
I just want to thank everyone for the kind words and Maj and Alan for organizing an excellent race. Racing on that layout was definitely a challenge, but my Dad and I had a great time. It was a great experience to see everyone again. Congratulations to Peter, James, Bill, and Sai for having a great race weekend. I want to thank Cristian as well for making sure we were well prepared for the race, and obviously my Dad for his awesome work. Racing in the mall was something new but having that many spectators was exciting, in addition to the massive exposure that Maj's shop got. I had a blast guys.

briankstan
2008.04.02, 06:45 PM
Jacob, Welcome to MZR.

xxam
2008.04.02, 09:28 PM
...it was also great to see some of the top drivers ....
Philip

Great to see you there too Philip! :D:D:D

wcrotty
2008.04.02, 09:52 PM
I would also like to thank Maj and Crew and Alan for putting on an awesome event. It was great racing with everyone and I hope everyone had as much fun as i did. Jacob you are awesome and congratulations on both mod wins. Peter, James and Sai great racing it was a blast.

Now i can't wait to fly out to RCX.

wcrotty
2008.04.03, 09:31 AM
Looks like Alan posted the first video of the race.

It's sideways though. I will have to turn my monitor on it's side to watch
it. I was bugging my eyes out watching it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3NoApaGBxs

EMU
2008.04.03, 11:55 AM
That was a nice move on the last lap Bill ;) You wouldnt have known all of the battling going on listening to the announcer. That was the only negative for the event.

I had watched this race from the 2nd floor. They should have tried setting the camera up there. You really see a lot of difference in the lines.

I tilted my laptop sideways to watch the race. Its hard to follow normal.

egonzalez
2008.04.03, 12:54 PM
That was a nice move on the last lap Bill ;) You wouldnt have known all of the battling going on listening to the announcer. That was the only negative for the event.

I had watched this race from the 2nd floor. They should have tried setting the camera up there. You really see a lot of difference in the lines.

I tilted my laptop sideways to watch the race. Its hard to follow normal.

I agree with you, the 2nd floor was the best seat in the house.....:D

Cherub1m
2008.04.06, 09:31 PM
Great to see you there too Philip! :D:D:D

:D:D:D

Is that you Jim?

xxam
2008.04.06, 09:50 PM
:D:D:D

Is that you Jim?

why soitenly it is!

mini-z
2008.04.14, 02:08 PM

imx, check it out:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28224

:) :cool:

pchan0
2008.04.24, 04:20 PM
Some pictures posted at the Atomic site. I think they were taken by Alan. Good job.:)

My most comfortable place...

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/images/rsgallery/original/DSC_3371.JPG

Flashsp-2
2008.04.24, 04:51 PM
Peter, that's why you are so fast, you own every gadget possible :D

Nice pit area.

LBRC
2008.04.24, 04:59 PM
Some pictures posted at the Atomic site. I think they were taken by Alan. Good job.:)

My most comfortable place...

http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/images/rsgallery/original/DSC_3371.JPG

Is that the charger? Dosen't look too bad in the photo, how's the surface holding up?

pchan0
2008.04.25, 12:52 AM
Is that the charger? Dosen't look too bad in the photo, how's the surface holding up?

That's the one Philip, thanks alot for the help. I really like it and so far the surface has held up.

eztuner12
2008.09.26, 01:44 PM
Hi pchan0
Any idea of the equipment used at the latest Atomic world cup at HK 2008 by the AWD A-Main winner?
I’ll be here for your reply
Thx…;)
Cheers

EMU
2008.09.26, 07:51 PM
He was not there... Ask Christian, or Jacob. They may know.

eztuner12
2008.09.26, 09:34 PM
He was not there... Ask Christian, or Jacob. They may know.

Thx EMU,
I will
Cheers