E-mail or call for directions.
(404) 754-3410

Race Time
-----------------
Doors Open: 10:30am
Racing Starts: 12:00pm

Classes
-------------
1/28th Stock - Stock Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95)
1/28th Open - Open Class HFAY Rules (http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97)
F1 - Any chassis mods and any FET safe motor.
Other Classes may be run if 2 or more people request them. Novice, X-Mod only, etc...

Cost
-------------
$5.00 per class

Racers will be required to have their own core transponders tags. These will be available at this race for $15 each (some still available for $10). This is a one time purchase that should last you many years. Loaners may be available for $3.

Notes
-------------
- Core lap counting system.
- Custom track (foam mat surface)
- Audio and video systems for the automated sounds, announcements and race stats display.
- We will run 3 qualifiers for each class.
- 5 minute Qualifiers and 7 minute Mains.

Use this "Race Event" thread to discuss things such as who will be attending and any other specific info pertaining to the race. After the event is over, we can continue to discuss any issues / suggestions / improvements for the next race. The results, and possibly pictures, will then be posted to this same thread.

If you think you’ll be attending, please post here so everyone will have an idea of expected attendance.

Hope to see you there!

pinoyboy
2008.01.15, 08:51 PM
I'm hoping there will be an open class run again as I fixed my mod mr-02s and my other ma-010.

AtlRC
2008.01.15, 09:09 PM
I'm hoping there will be an open class run again as I fixed my mod mr-02s and my other ma-010.

I'll try to get something together to run open again. Probably an 02.

hpgod
2008.01.16, 07:21 AM

Hank
I will not make this one as I will be in Vienna Austria

Patrick
Prepping the tires is making a big difference, thanks for doing the tire swap. I will have to start doing it again on raceday. My car is planted (much more consistant) on My track mine and Blakes track now.

AtlRC
2008.01.16, 07:50 AM
Hank

Patrick
Prepping the tires is making a big difference, thanks for doing the tire swap. I will have to start doing it again on raceday. My car is planted (much more consistant) on My track mine and Blakes track now.

Have fun in Vienna!

What are you using at home to prep your tires with?

hpgod
2008.01.16, 11:14 AM
Have fun in Vienna!

What are you using at home to prep your tires with?

I just brushed on some wd40 am let it soak in while the batteries charge just to soften them up.

I have not used any of my old 1/10 tire tricks and sauses as they soften/ improve the grip short term but harden the tire long term. These tires last months where as in 1/10 its a one day tire. I know the HFAYS rules state no tire suace so I havent even went there in the tuning department.

pinoyboy
2008.01.16, 12:04 PM
Hank

Patrick

I remember you mentioning that, but was just hoping if some others might run :o

pinoyboy
2008.01.21, 11:23 PM
So is anyone else confirming to go this Saturday?:confused: I got in a fender bender by hitting an old lady(she was driving, not just a pedestrian:p). Just had someone from her insurance do an estimate so I'll probably be getting the car put in the shop this Friday

So, if theres 2-3 more people planning to go, i'll come out there with the rental. If not, then I'll sit out this race:eek: and i'll order some more Top Secret Motors to really get my mod cars going:D

russp
2008.01.22, 07:27 AM
I was planning to come. I don't have a mod car yet but I am starting to look into it so I can run 2 classes.

However, since Art is gone and Hank has car issues maybe we should postpone one week? Also, I'm considering running nitro this weekend at the Sugarbowl.

bemoore
2008.01.22, 04:24 PM
I plan on being there this week if there's a race.

pinoyboy
2008.01.22, 04:57 PM
I plan on being there this week if there's a race.

Sounds good. If Russ can come out too, then I think I'll come out as well. I'll get in contact with Mike and see if he can make it

On a side note, I do have an F1 for sale if anyone wants to join on the fun:D I can let it go for pretty cheap for the local guys. It has 3004 fets, but I have a set of 3010s I can put on for who ever is interested.

Right now it has a Mclaren body and I can add a couple things like
-used set of 20 degree rears
-used set of 30 degree fronts
-Atomic alloy 1 degree front knuckles
-Carbon side plates(not kyosho. they can be seen at http://www.rc-crazy.com/products/f1/cfflexbars.jpg

I'll probably make a new thread in the AMSR section with pics later.

russp
2008.01.22, 09:02 PM
If there is racing I'll come this Saturday. I'm guessing the nitro will be a bust anyways since it will likely be wet meaning a no-go.

I'm a little tempted by the F1 but probably going to consider selling my recently acquired MR01 to build up a modified car for the open class instead. The MR01 is cool but I just don't think I can make it compete well with MR02 based cars myself, although I know some do.

AtlRC
2008.01.27, 10:47 PM
Stock A-Main (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/012608-StockAMain.htm)

AtlRC
2008.01.27, 11:27 PM
Points have been updated.

Current Points (http://www.atlrcmotorsports.com/amrcr-results/2007-2008WinterSeason/2007-2008WinterSeasonPoints.htm)