PDA

View Full Version : Some more track advice needed

stguest
2008.01.19, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone. I'm still working on my DIY track and I'm at the point where I'm ready to put in some artificial grass on the inside of the track. I'd like to find something that the cars can run over but that will slow them down a little bit. I think it would be cool if the cars were punished slightly for driving off the track but weren't brought to a complete stop like when they run into a wall. Is there anything like this out there that anyone knows of? I tried some fake grass that they sell for railroad track landscapes but the cars zipped over that stuff without slowing down at all. Any ideas?

hrdrvr
2008.01.19, 07:16 PM
Higher pile carpet?

mleemor60
2008.04.06, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone. I'm still working on my DIY track and I'm at the point where I'm ready to put in some artificial grass on the inside of the track. I'd like to find something that the cars can run over but that will slow them down a little bit. I think it would be cool if the cars were punished slightly for driving off the track but weren't brought to a complete stop like when they run into a wall. Is there anything like this out there that anyone knows of? I tried some fake grass that they sell for railroad track landscapes but the cars zipped over that stuff without slowing down at all. Any ideas?

Standard green indoor outdoor works very well and looks good too. The cars can drive across it much like the current sand traps that are being used in full scale racing, just don't stop.