PDA

View Full Version : Going to London this month

marc
2008.01.20, 11:27 PM
Hello there. I'm going to London this month and I want to know, are there any really good Mini-Z shops there? I know of Hamley's Toy Store, but as I haven't been there in over ten years I don't know what they have.
Would like to visit some shop's. Please recommend some! Thanks!

byebye
2008.01.21, 12:54 AM
Hello there. I'm going to London this month and I want to know, are there any really good Mini-Z shops there? I know of Hamley's Toy Store, but as I haven't been there in over ten years I don't know what they have.
Would like to visit some shop's. Please recommend some! Thanks!

Marc I wish I knew where they were. Sadly there were none. Hamley's did carry the mini-z's but at 129:eek: but they don't have them anymore. One day they just stopped carrying them. They have a pretty cool R/C/diecast/model/scalectrics floor but that's it.

Had I still been there you would have been invited to race on my track in my flat there in Maida Vale. I didn't know anyone else in London who raced mini-z. Visit Grosvenor square when you get a chance. You'll see my old work place the U.S. Embassy.

Kris

mk2kompressor
2008.01.21, 01:00 AM
sadly there are no real good shops here,as byebye mentioned,we can get readysets but for silly money:(

Programmers
2008.01.21, 01:16 AM
We buy most of our stuff from overseas via the net, sadly.

How long you in London?? Perhaps you'll be around in time for one of our GTG's??

marc
2008.01.21, 01:29 PM
Hi guys, thank's for the response but I think I might be wrong as to where we'll be. I think my aunt and uncle are in France actually, near the famous aqua duct's. You know, the water bridges. Any shops in France?
And to answer your question, I think we'll only be there for a week, so not much time. I think just long enough to be at the ceremony and head back home.
I remembered visiting a lot of neat toy store/hobby stores in London, but mostly for die-cast model's as this was before the Mini-Z's came out.
During high-school, I went to Montverde FLorida which was a co-ed bording school. Every spring brake about 20 of us would go to Europe for the week. I've been almost everywhere. Munich, Switserland, Budapest, Rome, Paris, London, Portugel I think, pretty much every where. My favorite place was Switszerland. They had a really cool hobby shop called Model Auto. It was located under the streets, you'd miss it if you didn't glance at the car's displayed in the window right below your feet! It was a very small shop, but it was packed to the ceiling with the most awesome die-cast model cars and custom parts you could find! They probably had just about every 1/43 you could want including some custom 1/43 wheel's to modify your car. This was like 15 years ago.

herman
2008.01.21, 10:15 PM
hmmm... i highly suggest you should definitely find a way to make it to r/c heaven... :D

arch2b
2008.01.22, 09:05 AM
england-france... big difference in location.:rolleyes:

marc
2008.01.23, 04:52 PM
Thank's arch. But yes, it is definetly London, precisley, Wimbleton. Sorry if I misspelled that. Will also be visiting Grumman Germany afterwards. Know any great shop's up in that area? Anybody?