PDA

View Full Version : RCX April 19/20- 2008; who's going?

Sinister_Y
2008.01.29, 02:05 PM
Hi All,

Haven't see anything "for sure" in the forums yet about a mini-z race for the RCX event this year, but looks like there are serious efforts from RCP and PN to get this setup for us mini-z enthusiasts.

Although things look very positive, I'll let others officially comment (RCP/PN) if this is 'done deal' or not when the time is ready.

Anyway, if it is a "go"; who's going?

I am thinking of going and hopefully will bring a Canadian (Toronto) contingent with me.

RCPMini-z
2008.01.29, 04:08 PM
Hi All,

Haven't see anything "for sure" in the forums yet about a mini-z race for the RCX event this year, but looks like there are serious efforts from RCP and PN to get this setup for us mini-z enthusiasts.

Although things look very positive, I'll let others officially comment (RCP/PN) if this is 'done deal' or not when the time is ready.

I am thinking of going and hopefully will bring a Canadian (Toronto) contingent with me.

I am hoping to get the green light from the organizers this week. I will start a new thread once this event is in the books.

rharris
2008.01.29, 04:16 PM
I'd be willing to bet we'd have a good turn out from the Southern California regulars. There are two big tracks out here now. The Kenon track and M.P.T. I would be willing to bet that most of them will come.

Check out Grant's video of the MPT track. If just those guys came you'd have a good turn out.

I know for box stock my son Christian and Josh B. will want to race. There are a handful of other kids I know that will come too.

I'll know the local guys from Reflex said they would come. Cristian, Joe, and I'll bet Jacob and his Dad would show.

I bet Chad Nelson would come, he's local.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Willy Wong come out for the race.

I really hope it comes together, should be a very cool race.

Oh yea... I'm in :D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.01.29, 05:04 PM
I'd be willing to bet we'd have a good turn out from the Southern California regulars. There are two big tracks out here now. The Kenon track and M.P.T. I would be willing to bet that most of them will come.

Check out Grant's video of the MPT track. If just those guys came you'd have a good turn out.

I know for box stock Christian and Josh B. will want to race. There are a handful of other kids I know that will come too.

I'll know the local guys from Reflex said they would come. Cristian, Joe, and I'll bet Jacob and his Dad would show.

I bet Chad Nelson would come, he's local.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Willy Wong come out for the race.

I'll bet that guy with a silver leaf and orange pan car would show up....with his silver leaf and orange pan car! Damn, that guy was fast!

I really hope it comes together, should be a very cool race.

Oh yea... I'm in

rharris
2008.01.29, 06:46 PM
I'll bet that guy with a silver leaf and orange pan car would show up....with his silver leaf and orange pan car![/B] Damn, that guy was fast!

I think I've been Dissed... :eek:

Did you see the Solo grant gave me on vidio one? LOL...

Next time I leave the kids at home!

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.01.30, 11:15 AM
Come on, Rod!!! You know how we do it! :D

Yeah, it was a great footage. Fast laps and consistent. See you soon!

yasuji
2008.01.30, 12:32 PM
Hi All,

its lookin like this will be a northamerican championship:D
ive got it worked out that i will be able to attend this race:D

Tjay
2008.02.05, 03:58 PM
Main events... I'm in.

mikez
2008.02.05, 08:24 PM
Wow, I'll just make it because I get back from DC on the 17 or 18 cant remember. (school trip):D -mike

Sinister_Y
2008.02.14, 02:33 PM
Quick update: Looks like I'm out for this trip...

Forgot the wife's b-day on race day (i know...don't start; )). Since we're newlyweds...the 1st year and all, everything is a bloody "special" time.

Anyway, I'd still like to go down to Cali and participate in something else big this year...any suggestions other than in April or August????

yasuji
2008.02.14, 02:45 PM
Quick update: Looks like I'm out for this trip...

Forgot the wife's b-day on race day (i know...don't start; )). Since we're newlyweds...the 1st year and all, everything is a bloody "special" time.

Anyway, I'd still like to go down to Cali and participate in something else big this year...any suggestions other than in April or August????

every race in cali is big......;)

ocean rodeo
2008.03.05, 12:51 AM
I am new to the mini-z experience, definitely hooked. Would really be into racing at the RCX.

rharris
2008.03.05, 01:13 AM
Forgot the wife's b-day on race day

Sorry to hear you can't make it. But there are lot's of races, and life just works out better when you have only one wife.

Cali makes a good trip. Think about bringing her down to see the sites. Hit Disneyland, Knotts berry farm, the beach, etc... then swing by Philip's track in Arcadia. The best bang for your buck is the first Friday, Saturday of the month. There is a race every Friday night, and once a month on the first Saturday. That way you hit two race days where some of the fastest guys around come out to race. If you time it rite, you may even get Grant to set up his track on that Sunday. He does some fun stuff. Last time it was AAA 30 min mains open class pan car.

Don't forget the PN worlds are comming. There will be regionals all up and down the california coast and the final will probably be in November in Navada.

homestar21
2008.03.05, 06:53 PM
I might, I was on the fence though. It's the weekend of my birthday, but I think I might go for the Zs and if Traxxas or Hobbypeople will be there. :)

Tjay
2008.03.05, 07:34 PM
guys, make sure you get the invitation...

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27472&highlight=rcx

soulstice
2008.04.03, 12:16 PM
Looks like I'll be able to attend now although I think it's too late to register for the RCP event since it seems like the list is final.

arch2b
2008.04.03, 12:25 PM
Looks like I'll be able to attend now although I think it's too late to register for the RCP event since it seems like the list is final.

have nothing to lose by asking;)