PDA

View Full Version : AnnArbor GTG for Febuary 2008

Endo
2008.01.29, 05:27 PM
Ok guys, Let start talking about when we all can make it out. I have dirt racing the 2nd and 16th so those weekends are out for me. But if need be I will skip dirt. Staying warm while racing is becoming very appealing to me.;)

Onrailz, miniz, and I laid out the next track and wow its a lot slower. But it is fun, shezzz, THERE ALL FUN!:cool:

svt-racer
2008.01.30, 08:06 PM
I vote for the 8th and 22nd.

mini-z
2008.02.04, 12:53 PM
Ok guys, Let start talking about when we all can make it out. I have dirt racing the 2nd and 16th so those weekends are out for me. But if need be I will skip dirt. Staying warm while racing is becoming very appealing to me.;)

Onrailz, miniz, and I laid out the next track and wow its a lot slower. But it is fun, shezzz, THERE ALL FUN!:cool:

Who would have thought this time last year that someone would one day say they love how toasty the Dojo (albeit Dojo II) is in in the winter! :D

You're giving me too much credit, I think I just printed it out and then watched you guys build it while I built towers of McLaren AutoScales! :D

Yep, 8th and 22nd work for me - coo! :D

Btw, Chuck and Paulie, what rigs did you end up running for S5.1 and S5.2 - I realized when sending in our results last month I'd not noted whether you ended up going MR-02 or MA-010? Coo! :)

Endo
2008.02.04, 05:25 PM
I ran the MR-02 with the HFAY motor.

Onrailz ran the AWD.

Short said the 8th works too
:D

will3kgt
2008.02.04, 08:13 PM
The 8th works.

cvt01
2008.02.04, 08:26 PM
8th works for me

onrailz
2008.02.05, 12:22 PM
8th and 22nd are great.

Cool!

-Chuck

gertman
2008.02.05, 09:27 PM
Hey guys what's up?

I would really like to start racing with you guys but I have not been able to find any rules. :( For example:

Does it cost to race?
Are there stock and modified classes?
Is it only Mini-Z's? 2wd? or 4wd? F1?
What kind of batteries does everyone use? If I just run alkalines will I get walluped?
How long is each race?

Sorry for all the questions....and thanks in advance for answering. :)

wolfman
2008.02.05, 09:50 PM
the 8th works

will3kgt
2008.02.07, 09:57 AM
I hope I can still make it. 2 more in. tomm.night.

mini-z
2008.02.07, 02:06 PM
It's official:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27420

Note: I think there are still a few people who haven't paid for stuff from 2 weeks ago - if this is you, please line up around the side of the building at 6:30 for your thrashing. Fix it by this time tomorrow and I'll spare you the waterboarding portion. :)

mini-z
2008.02.07, 02:14 PM
Hey guys what's up?

I would really like to start racing with you guys but I have not been able to find any rules. :( For example:

Does it cost to race?
Are there stock and modified classes?
Is it only Mini-Z's? 2wd? or 4wd? F1?
What kind of batteries does everyone use? If I just run alkalines will I get walluped?
How long is each race?

Sorry for all the questions....and thanks in advance for answering. :)

G'man!!! Come on out!

$10 for the whole night (1 entry)
We'll be running HFAY (http://hfay.tinyrc.com) stock
Bring anything you want - Paulie likes to scare us w/ giant helis sometimes, I'll be showing off the Shop's new DF-300 treaded snow thing, we've all got Micro-Ts, Epochs, etc. There's a larger mod track in addition to the HFAY track which people have been running 18th scale on and off-road (w/ on-road tires) on etc.
NiMH/yes! :D But the thing is, just bring whatever you have, as between us we'll loan you whatever you don't - say the word and I'll have a pack of AAAs ready and charged for you when you get there. :)
5 min quali, 8 min main - plus hour upon hour of just hanging out - we start at 7pm and I don't think we've ever been there past....6am the next morning. Plenty of people leave much earlier than that though, it depends on each person's distance from home and pre-nup terms!

See you tomorrow, bring the DTMs!!! :)

CracksKill
2008.02.07, 06:13 PM
Hi guys. I'm gonna try to make it tomorrow nite. This will be my first time attending. I race with Will and Derek up in Grand Blanc. I'm gonna try to be there by 7 or maybe 7:30.

Will, You better make it down. If you want, you can meet me in Brighton and we can ride down together. Is Derek gonna make it?

Anyway, I'd like to buy a couple things like an HFAY motor and maybe some tires. How do I set that up ? Can I put the order in online and then just put a note in that I wanna pick up?

See you tomorrow,

Tory

Endo
2008.02.07, 06:24 PM
Yup, just put your order in before 2 or 3 tomorrow after noon and make sure you click on pick up at next AnnArbor racing event and Miniz will get it for you when you get there.
But like the most of us, we get to look at all the cool stuff he's got every where and bust out the credit cards by nights end.

gertman
2008.02.07, 07:40 PM
Mini-z thank you so much for answering all my questions.

Unfortunitly I will not be able to make it tomorrow night but I will really try to make the next event at the end of the month.

Thanks again!!:)

CracksKill
2008.02.08, 06:19 AM
Are there usually spare parts on hand at the track that can be purchased there? If there are, I'd rather just pay cash for some things I need(want:rolleyes:)

mini-z
2008.02.08, 01:35 PM
Are there usually spare parts on hand at the track...

Hehe - picture the most AutoScales you've ever seen in an LHS. Now multiply that by 50! :D This is where Kyosho sends people when they call to request some obscure body or part. Picture yourself walking down a long aisle of 6' shelves of AutoScales, with dozens of each in stock. We call it the Mini-Z Magnificent Mile (OK, so we don't really, but I'm going to start!). If you're weak of will, leave your credit card in the car! :D

Endo
2008.02.08, 05:40 PM
The "Autoscale Mile" has a nice ring to it. And yes it is not for the weak of heart. :cool:

LiLsNaCkPaCk
2008.02.10, 01:44 PM
Hippo- can you make a decal of all the gulf signs on the gulf mclaren, and possibly some of the other ones. I want to paint my white one like this.... http://www.graymalkin.co.uk/MclarenGTRGulf.jpg , but maybe the gulf on the hood bigger so it goes out of the stripe.

will3kgt
2008.02.10, 07:49 PM
Glad Crackskill could make it out, and very glad he was able to use an M8 radio on his new MR-02. His car handled every bit as good as mine if not better. So with all that being said welcome to the DOJO!:D

mini-z
2008.02.11, 02:25 PM
Yep, welcome Tory! :) Just realized, we need to get you a Toyota/Lexus body - maybe work will even reimburse you for it! :D

CracksKill
2008.02.12, 09:13 AM
Thanks for having me. That was a rough ride home a 2am! I don't think I'll be able to make it to every GTG, but I definately plan to return.
I thought about asking if TTC would reimburse me for an SC430 body, but something tells me grassroots Mini-Z racing isn't a high enough profile ;).

Hippo
2008.02.12, 04:52 PM
Hippo- can you make a decal of all the gulf signs on the gulf mclaren, and possibly some of the other ones. I want to paint my white one like this.... http://www.graymalkin.co.uk/MclarenGTRGulf.jpg , but maybe the gulf on the hood bigger so it goes out of the stripe.
Yeah, I can do it, but they'll probably be so small it'll be impossible to weed it. Maybe if you went really oversized, don't know how it would look. Put a ruler or calipers on it, and tell me the dimensions you're looking for.
-Dan

LiLsNaCkPaCk
2008.02.13, 02:11 PM
on the hood it can be about 3/4-1 inch wide, on the side i would say a 1/2 inch, how can i put a picture of it up if its on a camera. thanks

Hippo
2008.02.15, 05:24 PM
on the hood it can be about 3/4-1 inch wide, on the side i would say a 1/2 inch, how can i put a picture of it up if its on a camera. thanks
That's getting a bit small. I do mine by actually cutting out each color from a different color vinyl and layering them together. For your car, you should probably do an inkjet print on white vinyl and then cut out the outlines. Unfortunately my cutter doesn't do that, but somebody at the dojo must know somebody who can.

LiLsNaCkPaCk
2008.02.16, 05:58 PM
ok thanks anyways, it turned out pretty sweet, the light blue will make it stand out

short
2008.02.19, 11:18 AM
so we racing for sure this friday? im in. so is endo

mini-z
2008.02.21, 10:45 AM
'course!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27583

:cool: :)

wolfman
2008.02.22, 03:25 PM
:D its my wedding anniversary but i will be there

mini-z