PDA

View Full Version : oil shocks

Apie
2008.02.04, 03:51 PM
The used Overland I just got off the 'bay came w/ oil shocks, but they are not on the car. I am aware there are rear and front shocks, but I can't get them to fit. It seems the chassis is not the right size, or I don't know how to shorten them to fit my g55 body. Do you need to tweak something for different bodies?

I tried everything, and they really mess up the suspension.

Where can I find the "instructions" or anything related to putting these on? I also have a lot of those yellow "C" spacers, what are those for?

HammerZ
2008.02.05, 01:01 AM
The Overlands should have extra shock stays, the towers that screw on top of the chassis. A long, a meduim, and a short rear stay. The front only has two a short and long stay. Those allow for the wheelbase changes, I don't have the G55 body so I don't know the setting there. The pins inside the battery holders will need moved to what stays you are using for the body.

Are the oil shocks even for the Overland or some other RC truck?

The "C" spacers are preload spacers for the shocks. The more you use the firmer the springs will be. Pull the spring down and snap them in place.

Apie
2008.02.05, 10:23 AM
They came with the land cruiser I got off the 'bay. I tried changing the pins inside the battery holders, but they still didn't fit. I'll try them on the LC when I get home from work, just to make sure the are for the overland, but I am almost positive they are. They are just too long. I'll look for the different size shock stays.

Apie
2008.03.28, 01:09 PM
Got the shocks to fit, thanks. While I was fiddling with one of them it lost most of its oil. Where can I find The shock oil?

fixed13
2008.03.29, 12:05 AM
Got the shocks to fit, thanks. While I was fiddling with one of them it lost most of its oil. Where can I find The shock oil?

Most hobby shops that carry RC cars will have silicone shock oil, not sure what weight oil you should use though. I would assume it to be a very light oil (lower number on the oil).