PDA

View Full Version : Dunno what to get

Hunty
2008.02.05, 01:24 AM
Okay i am stuck between a xmod or a mini-z What is the best to offroad with and why and where do u get them

Please can u show us some pics of ur overlanders please

kryten
2008.02.15, 12:47 PM
Look through the forums there are plenty of overlander pics to see.
I'm not sure if they sell them in the shop here...have you looked?
Or failing that,there's always google! :)

Jace1283
2008.02.15, 01:47 PM
Before I start, i say xmod for offroading, there is no substitute for 4wd
Xmods are on ebay, mini-z overland...don't think i can say even though this site isn't good enough to keep overlands in stock.

Overland Pros
-hobby grade
-Tight steering
-solid build
-suspension very good
-looks
Overland Cons
-2WD
-expensive

Xmod Pros
-4WD- much better offroader
-Cheap $$ comparitively
-Relatively cheap upgrades
Xmod Cons
-not as well engineered- recommend replacing parts off the bat
-articulation, but not as much as mini-z

If you buy a 30-40 dollar xmod and put 110 into it making it the same price as a mini-z, i think it will well outperform the mini-z, though i've never used a overland.
$110 = bearings, 4wd, lithium, some alloy pieces.

i have a $200(V2 board(or FETs) is not necessary though) xmod truck and im trying to get my self to buy an overland...

fixed13
2008.02.17, 10:22 PM
Okay i am stuck between a xmod or a mini-z What is the best to offroad with and why and where do u get them

Please can u show us some pics of ur overlanders please

Search the forums for pics, there are plenty posted, go to the gallary and look at arch2b's truck, great work. As far as which is better, it kinda depends. I have both and enjoy both for what they are. I have definitly put more work into the xmod. Xmods have a poor electronics package, poor range, alot more glitchy than the overlands and the overall quality is less. Overlands have a true hobby grade electronics package, run just as well as any larger scale hobby grade vehicle. Overland bodys are alot more scale looking out of the box. Both vehicles can be fitted with "model kit" bodys with a little work so you can make just about anything your skills will handle. Overlands are only 2 wheel drive which limits there off road capacity. Xmods with the 4 wheel drive kit and off road kit work well in the dirt. To crawl with the overland you need to use speed to clear bigger objects (not really crawling). My xmod crawler is fitted with 4 wheel drive kit, off road kit, steering mod, and servo as motor mod. Also has full bearings and some suspension work. This truck will crawl over anything it can get its tires on with traction. I have roughly $100 into that truck. If you want an all around trail truck the Overland may be the best fit due to the better electronics, if you want to build a crawler the xmod is better, the electronics are not a big issue for a crawler because you will be close to the truck and the servo mod makes it go very slow depending on how you gear it. Hope this rant helped.:D