PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR MR-015 Setups

November Rain
2008.02.05, 12:38 PM
I have finally decided to break-up my stock NASCAR and add some after markets gadgets. I currently have the PN alum motor mount and Kyosho Oil Shock. I was curious if the majority are also running a damper plate? Please share some of your setup advice.

EMU
2008.02.05, 11:54 PM
I am running an Atomic 94mm damper plate with Kyosho oil shock. Medium Kyosho FRP t-plate. Alloy PN t-plate spacer. Two nickels on the left battery clip :P I may add some more weight, but it works pretty well for now.

I havent switched out the stock knuckles yet... but plan to soon to add some camber to the outside. Still have stock springs as well... I plan to try some adjustments next race.

danny250r
2008.03.02, 03:50 PM
hey emu what tires and motor for action rc track:D

bermbuster
2008.03.02, 05:31 PM
use the softer tires in the rear and groove * them. You can use a softer front tire (1) as well. Some guys run it on the right.....some on the left...

* I made a wheel arbor it chucks into my dremel (hold in vise) and i use a hobby knife to make the grooves.

EMU
2008.03.03, 02:12 AM
I run softs on rears and right front. Hard on left front. I need to try grooving the rears, I need a little more rear bite. I may try grooving a hard one, and run it on the front right instead of a soft, and move the soft to the inside to wear the tires less.

As far as motor, I use the PN Speedy 07 BB. My car is an old 3004 fet car as well. I dont really feel the need to use 3010 fets in this car. Once its up to speed, the car is just as fast as a 3010 equipped car.

k_bojar
2008.03.03, 07:16 AM
As far as motor, I use the PN Speedy 07 BB. My car is an old 3004 fet car as well. I dont really feel the need to use 3010 fets in this car. Once its up to speed, the car is just as fast as a 3010 equipped car.

So Gene, a 3004 board can handle a Speedy07 motor?? If so - woohoo!!! I just swapped out the board in my Nascar for a 3004 (I just really wanted brakes) and figured a Speedy05 would be ok - but its cool to hear that the 07 works as well :D

k_bojar
2008.03.03, 07:21 AM
As far as set-up...Here's what I have on mine:

PN Nascar rear Pod
3Racing Hard H-Plate (broke a Kyosho medium plate)
Kyosho Soft Tires - Rear
Kyosho Soft(Right Front)/Kyosho Hard(Left Front)
iWaver rear diff
3004 board
Stock Knuckles - Did run 2* on the right front, but broke the knuckle
Atomic Hard Spring on Left front, Atomic Soft on the left
Some spacers to lower the Left front more than the right front (don't remember how many - the car is not near me)
1 Penny taped to the left side of the nose clip - but I might try to 2 Nickel thing like EMU uses :)

danny250r
2008.03.03, 09:04 AM
cool thanks guys because i just got one at action .a great deal nascar readyset and it came with an xtra 3010 board .that is good news that the old board will work because now i have one to start building an 015 :D:D what are the tires that come with the kit are they any good???????

danny250r
2008.03.03, 09:46 AM
As far as set-up...Here's what I have on mine:

PN Nascar rear Pod
3Racing Hard H-Plate (broke a Kyosho medium plate)
Kyosho Soft Tires - Rear
Kyosho Soft(Right Front)/Kyosho Hard(Left Front)
iWaver rear diff
3004 board
Stock Knuckles - Did run 2* on the right front, but broke the knuckle
Atomic Hard Spring on Left front, Atomic Soft on the left
Some spacers to lower the Left front more than the right front (don't remember how many - the car is not near me)
1 Penny taped to the left side of the nose clip - but I might try to 2 Nickel thing like EMU uses :) also kbo where did you get your much more tray from i cant seem to find a good discharger thanks