PDA

View Full Version : PN Racing 21mm "Inch Up" Dish Racing Wheels for MR-02

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.02.11, 03:25 PM
To be released by the end of this month: All new PN Racing Dish Wheels.

Diameter: 21mm (Bigger diameter than stock wheels)
Offset (front): 0, 1, 2, 3
Offset (rear): 0, 1, 2, 3
Colors Available: White & Black
Type of Plastic used: Delrin

According to Philip, these are machine cut (more precise, compared to molded wheels). Delrin material for durability.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.02.11, 03:30 PM
Philip also mentioned that the hole for the wheel nut is smaller than a typical wheel. He said that this was designed to reduce wind drag.

DJ Kyosho
2008.02.11, 04:24 PM
Also, the bearings fit better in the new wheels. It's the same fit as the kyosho wheels. :cool:

kja812
2008.02.11, 05:26 PM
Philip also mentioned that the hole for the wheel nut is smaller than a typical wheel. He said that this was designed to reduce wind drag.

Just means you need a thin wall nut driver! PN sells them, hmmmm...:)

EMU
2008.02.11, 05:59 PM
Ooooh. These wheels look nice.

I just got a bunch of Atomic dish's. Guess Ill get these too, for when the tires start to get thin.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.02.12, 01:33 AM
I think the Kyosho nut drivers will do just fine, but PN does sell them. When I first saw it, I was like, "at last, I won't have to change tires for a few more battery sets!" that means more race time..:D

I go thru front and rear tires like crazy, and this, in my opinion, solves the problem. Perfect for my newly painted body.

DJ Kyosho
2008.03.07, 10:19 AM
These wheels are available now on the kenon site. :cool:

Spoon
2008.03.07, 10:47 AM
I think the Kyosho nut drivers will do just fine, but PN does sell them. When I first saw it, I was like, "at last, I won't have to change tires for a few more battery sets!" that means more race time..:D

I go thru front and rear tires like crazy, and this, in my opinion, solves the problem. Perfect for my newly painted body.

I don't get it. How will these wheels help you conserve tires?

simalive
2008.03.07, 11:05 AM
I don't get it. How will these wheels help you conserve tires?

Is it because the larger diameters would strech the tires more for a tighter fit (especially for used thinner tires)?

Any other advantages other than for thinner tires?

Tjay
2008.03.07, 12:03 PM
Now that I'm going to be running 64 pitch spur. I will defenitely need to raise up the car so that I won't scrape the spur when the tire tread is running low.

good business...

arch2b
2008.03.07, 12:31 PM
i've always liked the + size diameter wheels as i tend to throw tires less frequently. one of the reasons i choose the atomic 21.5mm t.s. wheels for our endurance race.;) always glad to ahev more options though with pn :)

TALLGEESE
2008.03.09, 07:14 PM
These wheels look great.. One thing I noticed while browsing through the PN website was that they're also offering a 22mm, 0 offset version of these wheels that are 14.5mm wide:D:D.. I can't wait to try these out....

EMU
2008.03.09, 10:06 PM
These wheels look great.. One thing I noticed while browsing through the PN website was that they're also offering a 22mm, 0 offset version of these wheels that are 14.5mm wide:D:D.. I can't wait to try these out....
I noticed the same thing, I wonder if there will be tires to fill these rims...

TALLGEESE
2008.03.10, 12:27 AM
I noticed the same thing, I wonder if there will be tires to fill these rims...

That would be great if PN came out with a 14.5mm tire..

Since these rims are 14.5mm wide, you could try running 2 narrow front tires on each wheel.. Although technically speaking that would be too thin for 2 narrow fronts{8.5mm each=17mm wide total}... Another thing to consider is these wheels are taller than most other Mini-Z wheels, allowing the tire to stretch and making it thinner in width so it can fit...

rharris
2008.03.10, 12:29 AM
One of the guys was running them at the track on Friday night. He did use two fronts. Then he put F1 tires on them by cutting off the side walls.

It looked cool.

pinoyboy
2008.03.10, 06:51 AM
on pn's site, it does say 2 fronts will work with the 14.5mm wheels
http://www.pnracing.us/new/news.php?show=more&news_id=116

Tjay
2008.03.10, 12:45 PM
that is crazy! For the pan body, you get lots of downforce and now you can run super sticky tires like narrow kyosho 20's or gpm 8's and run them in the back... all you need to worry about is how you're going to make the turns :).

Felix2010
2008.03.10, 02:43 PM
pinoyboy, thanks for the info about using 2 front tires on the new PN 14.5mm rims. :D I didn't initially see that on the PN site.
I haven't tried them yet, but if the PN 14.5mm-wide rim is essentially the same as a +3 offset 11.5mm-wide rear rim, then these new xtra-wide PN rims might be cool to try with bodies like the Murcielago and the Enzo and a few others; Just the rear wheel fender might need to be trimmed a bit to accomodate the 22mm diameter.
Thank you PN :D

HaCo
2008.03.10, 04:13 PM
Hmmm... a bit ugly I think... :cool:

pfcparts
2008.04.01, 03:27 PM
I have a set. Can't actually mount them since I don't have any tools small enough to fit in the holes lol.

parts

VAzRACER
2008.04.01, 04:24 PM
I am now running these wheels on two different McClaren bodies, it sounds crazy but I think the cars both drive smoother with the taller wheels. I noticed my front tires dont wear out as fast.

I also got a set of the 14.5's and threw them on my pan car, it looked sick like that. The only way I could get the understeer to quit was to run 11mm rears in the front. In the end it handled the same to me as it did with regular size wheels, it had just a little more grip/stability.

bermbuster
2008.04.11, 06:03 AM
Mine broke....actually split down the middle of the front face.....
It did break from a hit but the hit wasnt a biggie...

I still like the wheels and bought a replacement set. It was a front wheel 0 offset in white....

bermbuster
2008.04.13, 09:25 AM
here is a pic of the broken wheel....

nitromare
2008.04.13, 12:13 PM
I just ordered my first set on saturday and they should get here wednesday I hope to use them on my M3 has anyone tried them with this body yet?

nitromare
2008.04.13, 12:19 PM
I just ordered my first set on saturday and they should get here wednesday I hope to use them on my M3 has anyone tried them with this body yet?
OH! and did the kyosho nut driver work?

bermbuster
2008.04.13, 07:55 PM
here is a pic of the broken wheel....
another wheel broke on me today....
this was a rear wheel white 0 offset and it almost broke clean from the hub....
I still like the wheels but I have come to the conclusion they do not have a lot of strength.....