PDA

View Full Version : RCP West Coast Challenge at RCX

RCPMini-z
2008.02.11, 08:14 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/394/rcpwestcoastchallenge2cb8.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3821/rcpwestcoastdriversbv7.jpg

Please visit www.rcx.com for information on the show.

Have you ever raced in front of a large crowd? This is your chance. There will be well over 13,000 people attending RCX for the two day show. The track will be showcased in the Main building for all to witness your great skills.

No Drivers Fee. RCP Tracks will be picking up the tab. Just come ready to run and to have a great time.

Show passes. All drivers will receive show passes for both days. Not only do you get to race, but you can walk around and check out all the other activities at the show. Nitro 1/10 ~ 1/8 scale dirt racing, Nitro/electric RC heli and air shows, Huge RCP Crawlers rock crawling mountain, HPI drift competition and much much more.

Added Class

1/36th scale Losi Micro-Desert Truck spec class. All trucks will be provided by Losi and will be LiPo powered. Those who participate in the 1/28th scale races will have the opportunity to sign up for the Micro-Desert Truck spec class races. As mentioned before, you will not need to supply a vehicle, as Losi will be setting up all the trucks.

I will create some very cool obstacles and jumps suited for this size of truck that will truly make this a special race. Driver skill and a little bit of luck will determine the top three podium spots

Gifts and Prizes. I am working with the sponsors to provide some great prizes for the top three finishers in each class. Good chance you will see some 2.4 GHz Le Mans cars handed out. We are also working on some gifts for all drivers who compete.

Pit Tables. Pit tables and 120volt power will be provided for all drivers.

Drivers stand. A drivers stand is being constructed for the races, so the drivers will have a great view of all ends of the huge RCP Tracks layout.

Trophies. I am working on some trophies for the top finishers. This should be the first of many RCP/RCX events and I hope it to become an annual event. Who will be the next RCP West Coast Champion?

Rules
We will follow the PN Worlds 2008 rules for this event. To reveiw the rules, go to www.pnracing.com and click on the World Cup Link. We will be running a modified track layout. We will not be running the layout shown on the PN Worlds 2008 website. The track layout will not be shown until the day of the event.

The classes we will run for this event are as follows along with handout motor that will be supplied by PN Racing.

2WD Stock (PNWC Stock Motor 70 turns)
AWD Mod (PNWC Modified Motor 33 turns)
F1 Stock (PNWC Stock Motor 70 turns)
Pan Car Mod (PNWC Modified Motor 33 turns)

3 qualifies (each 8 mins)
1 final mains (each 10 mins)

I will subject each driver a maximum run of 3 classes. This does not include the 1/36th scale Micro-T class that all can sign up for regardless of the number of classes you are running.

Registration

To register for the races at RCX, please send an email to j.billig@sbcglobal.net. Include in the subject box of your email the words "RCP West Coast Registration". Include in your email the following.

1 ~ First and Last Name
2 ~ Classes you wish to enter
3 ~ City, State and Country you live
4 ~ Forum member name (optional)
5 ~ Attached driver picture (optional)
6 ~ Brief discription of your mini RC history, include any previous event/club wins.

This is an invitation ONLY race as there is a very limited amount of spots open. Due to the limited amount of spots available and the large amount of people who wish to participate, RCP Tracks and PN Racing reserve the right to pick which drivers ultimately receive an invitation to the races. Depending on when we receive your registration, the content of your registration email and the number of drivers who register, will determine the final driver line up. We will send each driver who is picked to race an official invitation. No driver will be allowed to race without an invitation. The invitation will include free passes to the show both days of the event.

I will send a return email confirming each registration email that I receive. If you don't receive the return email within 24 hours, consider that I didn't get your registration request and resend.

If you have any questions, please post them up in this thread or send an email to j.billig@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks,
John
RCP Tracks, Inc

rharris
2008.02.12, 02:02 AM
How do we sign up?

phea
2008.02.12, 03:32 AM
Is there going to be an open chassis class for those who have their own electronics? Or does that fall under the Pan car class?

RCPMini-z
2008.02.12, 03:43 AM
How do we sign up?

Coming shortly. Check back for info in the first post.

RCPMini-z
2008.02.12, 03:45 AM
Is there going to be an open chassis class for those who have their own electronics? Or does that fall under the Pan car class?

Yes, Pan Car.

Any Chassis, Any ESC, Any receiver.

RCPMini-z
2008.02.12, 03:53 PM
Updates to the first post have been made.

arch2b
2008.02.12, 04:07 PM
wow, sounds like a great opportunity and a great time to be had:p

RCPMini-z
2008.02.12, 04:15 PM
wow, sounds like a great opportunity and a great time to be had:p

Can you make the trip? We may very well have the owner of mini-zracer.com in attendence as well.:eek::cool:

briankstan
2008.02.12, 04:39 PM
I'll talk to my wife, I have some free flights earned from work travel, this sounds like something that I would really like to participate in.

What are the hotels in the area going for? where is a good place to stay?

any chance we could get a HFAY banner hanging around the track? ;)

RCPMini-z
2008.02.12, 04:55 PM
I'll talk to my wife, I have some free flights earned from work travel, this sounds like something that I would really like to participate in.

What are the hotels in the area going for? where is a good place to stay?

any chance we could get a HFAY banner hanging around the track? ;)

It would be great to have you there. If you have a banner, bring it. I will find a space to fit it in. I am staying at the Sheraton Suites. This hotel is on the Fairgrounds and only approx. 50 yards from the front door. All the rooms are large suites. Very nice. This hotel fills up quick, so if anyone is planning on staying there, get your reservations in soon. I am not sure of the other hotels in the area. I will look into it and post up some information. Below is information on the Sheraton Suites.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=662

BOOK ROOMS AT A DISCOUNTED RATE! through Tuesday, April 1, 2008.
The luxurious Sheraton Suites Fairplex is the official RCX hotel and is located directly on site, giving you easy access to the show. What’s more, there’s a Special Advance Rate for exhibitors of $119 per night. To make reservations, call 1-800-722-4055 or click here.

Sheraton Suites Fairplex
601 West McKinley Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768
Phone: (909) 622-2220
Fax (909) 622-3577
Email: sheratonfairplex@sheraton.com

briankstan
2008.02.12, 05:05 PM
do we need to give any specific info to them to get the exhibitors price?

I think this is very doable for me.

Draconious
2008.02.12, 06:02 PM
Hmmm.... the show apears to be about an hour from my aunts place... :)

To bad she is about a 3 day drive from me... lol.

EDIT: tobad they are movign back to michigan in a few weeks, DAMN IT lol...

briankstan
2008.02.12, 07:46 PM
Just talked to my Wife. I'll Will be making this event. I'll register as soon as it's available.

I'll make my arrangements to be there. :D

yasuji
2008.02.13, 12:22 AM
im in for the pancar class! where do i sign up......:cool:

arch2b
2008.02.13, 08:40 AM
Can you make the trip? We may very well have the owner of mini-zracer.com in attendence as well.:eek::cool:

god knows i'd love to but the airfare/lodging would absorb my entire vacation budget basically, which would not make my wife/kids happy. :( i'm limited to sharing the experience vicariously thru web accounts and pictures. it sucks living so far from the epicenter of the domestic rc einvronment.

briankstan
2008.02.13, 12:35 PM
I have booked my airfare. I may change it if someof the other guys from the club decide to come, then we will probably drive down. it's about 9 1/2hrs. from Salt Lake.:eek:

Hammer
2008.02.13, 02:47 PM
This is very cool, great idea John and very generous offer for us drivers regarding passes and such. This should be a really fun event.

Unfortunately for me, I have a project deadline the following week and I know I'll be cranking through that weekend to meet my commitment, so I won't be able to make it. It would be good to see you again, I had a great time helping you set up for the RCX in Anaheim back in 2005, you took good care of me. ;)

It would also be great to meet some familiar names at the forums here, face to face. Hope someone can post some good pics and maybe some video for those of us who can't make it.

It really sucks being so close and no being able to make it down there! :mad:

Maybe I'll be able to finish my project early and make it after all, yeah right and pigs will fly. :rolleyes:

RCPMini-z
2008.02.14, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the kind words Hammer.

Just added

1/36th scale Losi Micro-Desert Truck spec class. All trucks will be provided by Losi and will be LiPo powered. Those who participate in the 1/28th scale races will have the opportunity to sign up for the Micro-Desert Truck spec class races. As mentioned before, you will not need to supply a vehicle, as Losi will be setting up all the trucks.

I will create some very cool obstacles and jumps suited for this size of truck that will truly make this a special race. Driver skill and a little bit of luck will determine the top three podium spots.:cool:

rharris
2008.02.15, 12:14 PM
OH THIS JUST GETS BETTER!!!

Sign me up!!!

Hammer
2008.02.15, 05:31 PM
OH THIS JUST GETS BETTER!!!

Sign me up!!!Oh sure Rod rub it in. jk ;)

RCPMini-z is turning this years RCX into a landmark event for mini-z and micro-t enthusiasts. I would suggest, as I've had direct experience with RCPMini-z and his attention to detail, anyone that can possibly make this RCX show should do so! :D

briankstan
2008.02.15, 11:05 PM
It look like there will be at least 3 of us from our club making the trip.

I'm really excited to meet everyone. Lots of you I have talked with, worked with over the last 3+ years, but have never meet most of you. it will be nice to put some faces to the names.

rharris
2008.02.16, 11:55 PM
Oh sure Rod rub it in. jk ;)

RCPMini-z is turning this years RCX into a landmark event for mini-z and micro-t enthusiasts. I would suggest, as I've had direct experience with RCPMini-z and his attention to detail, anyone that can possibly make this RCX show should do so! :D

Doh!!! :eek: Sorry to hear you can't make it. I can't help but be excited about this one. I really think some heads are going to turn this year when folks see pan cars flying around the track. There are some very fast guys that have already committed to showing up.

mikez
2008.02.18, 09:20 PM
The micro Desert truck class will get my friends attention!:D

RussF
2008.02.20, 03:02 PM
It look like there will be at least 3 of us from our club making the trip.

I'm really excited to meet everyone. Lots of you I have talked with, worked with over the last 3+ years, but have never meet most of you. it will be nice to put some faces to the names.

Yes Indeed!!

I'm going. Will there be a stock 2wd racing class? And is there any experience level classes like Novice, Expert, Etc.? Or maybe age related classes?

RCPMini-z
2008.02.20, 03:33 PM
Yes Indeed!!

I'm going. Will there be a stock 2wd racing class? And is there any experience level classes like Novice, Expert, Etc.? Or maybe age related classes?

Yes, the 2WD class is stock. With all the classes there will be a PN hand out motor.

No experience level classes or age related classes. Consider most drivers to be on the expert side of experience.

RussF
2008.02.20, 05:28 PM
Yes, the 2WD class is stock. With all the classes there will be a PN hand out motor.

Excellent!!

No experience level classes or age related classes. Consider most drivers to be on the expert side of experience.

Oh crap!! I'm kind of a spaz at this point. I guess I better practice .... A LOT! :D

briankstan
2008.02.20, 08:05 PM
Excellent!!

Oh crap!! I'm kind of a spaz at this point. I guess I better practice .... A LOT! :D

guess you had better put that track you have together. :eek:

Hammer
2008.02.20, 08:38 PM
Or maybe age related classes?Oh sure Russ, maybe you need reading glasses like me. ;) Hope you have fun @ the RCX!!! :D

Tjay
2008.02.21, 12:49 AM
I must have missed it somewhere... where do I sign up again? I want to race in two class, 2wd stock and AWD mod.

thx/TJ

RussF
2008.02.21, 08:59 AM
guess you had better put that track you have together. :eek:

That is exactly what I need to do. Since we cleared the spot to store track in my garage I am going to get mine set up so I can practice. I was very jelouse of Nic's pics of his set up.

Oh sure Russ, maybe you need reading glasses like me. ;) Hope you have fun @ the RCX!!! :D

Yes.. I gotta look for any advantage an old dude can get.

RCPMini-z
2008.02.22, 04:01 AM
I must have missed it somewhere... where do I sign up again? I want to race in two class, 2wd stock and AWD mod.

thx/TJ

Rules and Registration instructions have been added to first post of this thread. Please review completely before sending in your registration email.

Thanks,
John

wcrotty
2008.03.10, 09:14 AM
We have a few guys coming out from NH for the race. Myself and Scott.

I can't wait.

Tjay
2008.03.10, 12:12 PM
There's a few of us coming down there from Nor Cal...

briankstan
2008.03.10, 12:16 PM
3 of us from Salt Lake City, Utah will be there.

rharris
2008.03.10, 02:52 PM
Cool deal Brian. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Hammer
2008.03.10, 03:26 PM
Someone really needs to get some pics and maybe some video for those of us who can't make it. This is going to be a very cool event, thanks to the efforts of RCPMini-z! :D

bcpzx3
2008.03.16, 01:37 PM
e-mail sent

bermbuster
2008.03.17, 10:03 PM
Is there a list of drivers??? We have to show the Hobby World that Mini Z s are a force to be reckoned with....:D

phea
2008.03.20, 07:26 PM
Is there a list of drivers??? We have to show the Hobby World that Mini Z s are a force to be reckoned with....:D

+1 for the driver's list

RCPMini-z
2008.03.20, 08:43 PM

Yep, we have a list of drivers. I can tell you the list is loaded with some of the top drivers in the US. I will post up the list of drivers when we get a little closer to the event. I still have some pending entries that need to get finalized.

RCPMini-z
2008.04.01, 12:01 PM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3821/rcpwestcoastdriversbv7.jpg

Here is the final drivers list. If your name is not on the list and you think it should be, send me an email. j.billig@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
John

wcrotty
2008.04.02, 08:51 AM
Hi John,

Great list of drivers. I can't wait.

Do you have the Schedule for practice and race times?

Thanks

Bill

RCPMini-z
2008.04.02, 09:25 AM
Yes, we are just finishing up on the two day schedule. I should be able to post something up later this afternoon/evening.

bcpzx3
2008.04.03, 12:34 AM
Humm...I'll have to look for another body to use for the race, i painted my 360gtc body not knowing it was against rules for racing. :(

CristianTabush
2008.04.03, 12:48 AM
Humm...I'll have to look for another body to use for the race, i painted my 360gtc body not knowing it was against rules for racing. :(

And how is this against the rules? I think you might have read them wrong... :)

It kinda sucks that the rules don't allow for the Atomic VDS II. I don't own or like the PN body, and taking two cars to experiment with means 2 different bodies need to be painted up :( (don't mind buying them, it is the painting of two ugly bodies that bothers me :P ) I understand that Philip is donating the motors, and helping to organize, but this race looses some of it's appeal to me because of the same structure as any PN Racing Regional event with the handouts in mod and the PN Body- only rules. It will still be fun, but I wish other motors as well as Pan-Car style bodies were allowed.

Hopefully one day we can have a big event with a little more open rules that integrate PN and Atomic rules. That's just wishful thinking though... Oh well, I'm sure it will still be fun. :)

bcpzx3
2008.04.03, 12:49 AM

2WD Stock, AWD Stock, 2WD Modified, AWD Modified Classes
Kyosho Mini-Z Autoscale or Un-Paint White bodies only.

Unless the Un stands for something else :confused:

yasuji
2008.04.03, 01:26 AM

im pretty sure that that means how you bought them:D..... u can paint them if you want....

yasuji
2008.04.03, 01:37 AM

It kinda sucks that the rules don't allow for the Atomic VDS II. I don't own or like the PN body, and taking two cars to experiment with means 2 different bodies need to be painted up :( (don't mind buying them, it is the painting of two ugly bodies that bothers me :P ) I understand that Philip is donating the motors, and helping to organize, but this race looses some of it's appeal to me because of the same structure as any PN Racing Regional event with the handouts in mod and the PN Body- only rules. It will still be fun, but I wish other motors as well as Pan-Car style bodies were allowed.

Hopefully one day we can have a big event with a little more open rules that integrate PN and Atomic rules. That's just wishful thinking though... Oh well, I'm sure it will still be fun. :)

i think that it would be nice to see all three bodies out there in pan car ,as i have driven with all three of them... the vds, vdsII,, and the pn pan....they all have there +/-.... that way people will see the options in this hobby... after all this race that other hobby people will see....:D

phea
2008.04.03, 01:59 AM

I see what your thinking, but i thought to myself that it wouldn't make sense because if a bunch of white bodies were running, no one could tell the difference between the cars and racers. It should just say any Kyosho made mini-z body since its confusing.

RussF
2008.04.03, 09:20 AM
I have a question on the wheels allowed for 2wd Stock. In the grid section at the top of the rules page it says a diameter of 21mm max is allowed and in the text down below it says 20.5mm max. Some of the Atomic wheels are 21.5mm and the new Delrin PN dish wheels are 21mm right? So what is the actual max size wheel allowed?

soulstice
2008.04.03, 11:07 AM
Due to a change in scheduling, looks like I'll be able to attend RCX. Looks like I'm too late for registration for this particular event but I'm looking forward to watching the races.

CristianTabush
2008.04.03, 03:51 PM
It is just bad grammar. It means that new in box white bodies (they are not called autoscales) are allowed painted to your favorite scheme.

bcpzx3
2008.04.04, 04:50 AM
It is just bad grammar. It means that new in box white bodies (they are not called autoscales) are allowed painted to your favorite scheme.

thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

Z_408
2008.04.10, 07:57 PM
Any new information on the race schedule?

thanks.

RCPMini-z
2008.04.10, 11:18 PM
There will be an email going out with this schedule and other information. I will be out at the front gate from 8am ~ 9am on Saturday morning. You will pick up the show pass during that hour. If you can't make it before 9am, than I will be including my cell number in the email and you can call me to schedule when and where to pick up your passes. Most likely I will just come out to the front gate when you get here.

The track will be new RCP. We will vacuum the track after set up on Friday and then once sometime before 9am on Sunday.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5489/raceschedulesp2.jpg

Race Rules

bcpzx3
2008.04.11, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the update! I'm stoked to be a part of this event :D

yasuji
2008.04.11, 10:23 AM
hmmmmmmm:eek:....i see some updated rules........

RCPMini-z
2008.04.11, 09:53 PM
Trophies arrived.

I have a bunch of prizes from our sponsors to give-a-way as well.

Every driver will go home with something.

I guarantee all will have a great time at the show. We are located center stage right in the middle of the Main building.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1872/trophyrcxqc2.jpg

briankstan
2008.04.12, 09:52 AM
John, the trophies look great. I can't wait go get their and race with some of the best. I hope to come home witha bunch of new race knowledge and setup tips. ;):cool:

Z_408
2008.04.14, 12:36 AM
Don't know if this has already been posted yet, but does anyone know what lap timing system we are using? Also, will any transponders be available at the race?

thanks.

crazyracer
2008.04.14, 02:28 AM
Don't know if this has already been posted yet, but does anyone know what lap timing system we are using? Also, will any transponders be available at the race?

thanks.

Giro-Z lap counter system
Hand out transponder , or drivercan bring Giro-Z personal transponder

bcpzx3
2008.04.15, 11:32 PM
Got my race and back up both rebuilt and ready.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/teamnamiek/Kodak%20Z812/100_2293copy.jpg

mini-z
2008.04.16, 06:09 AM
Someone really needs to get some pics and maybe some video for those of us who can't make it. This is going to be a very cool event, thanks to the efforts of RCPMini-z! :D

H, I'm hoping to blog/post from the show, so, hopefully will be able to keep you up to date! :)

herman
2008.04.16, 10:35 PM
H, I'm hoping to blog/post from the show, so, hopefully will be able to keep you up to date
suuhwwweeeet!!!! no less than 50 pics on the dnano k? oh yeah don't forget video coverage too... :D

RCPMini-z
2008.04.16, 11:02 PM
H, I'm hoping to blog/post from the show, so, hopefully will be able to keep you up to date! :)

I will post pics all day as well. I will have wireless access to the net from the RCP racetrack.

Just finished building the dNaNo track for the Kyosho booth.

Looking forward to the best RCX show to date. Wait to you see the new RCP Crawlers mountain.

I think I will start a new thread for live updates from the show or should we just add to this thread?

Hammer
2008.04.17, 03:29 PM

I will post pics all day as well. I will have wireless access to the net from the RCP racetrack.

Just finished building the dNaNo track for the Kyosho booth.

Looking forward to the best RCX show to date. Wait to you see the new RCP Crawlers mountain.

I think I will start a new thread for live updates from the show or should we just add to this thread?
Thanks very much David & John! Not only do I have a design project deadline next week but I now have the flu. :(

Looks like I'll be in the office working on the computer all weekend sneezing and wheezing, but your live updates from RCX will be great. If I can't be down there that will be the next best thing. :D

I know everyone who attends will have a fantastic time! :cool:

I'd recommend posting a new thread for "Live Updates from RCX 2008" to stimulate additional interest. ;)

marc
2008.04.17, 03:52 PM
Dange it! I was so close to comeing to this event but my brother is way to buisy to take time off work. Plus, I'm home looking for a job. :( Was really hoping to catch the Dnano there.

Draconious
2008.04.17, 04:53 PM
I was going to drive the whole way... and if I got in the car right now, I might be able to make it for the 20th. But I decided it was too far to drive, since all my plans for funding and a place to stay fell through.

Had I gone I woulda driven through CO marc, I coulda gave you a ride there and back...

marc
2008.04.17, 05:11 PM
Thank's man. My brother live's in Auburn California, he's a helicopter mechanic. I was going to go with him but he is way, way too buisy to get off work. No fun going by your self, and this beleive it or not, would be my very first long distance drive by my self and not worth it going alone. Be a lot more fun with somebody. Plus, as mentioned, I'm at home looking for a job.

marc
2008.04.18, 07:37 PM
Who's ever going to be at RCX, get as many pictures of the Dnano you can!

briankstan
2008.04.19, 12:58 AM
Who's ever going to be at RCX, get as many pictures of the Dnano you can!

sorry marc, we didn't get pictures of the Dnano. However, there were a few of us that got to Drive them !! :p:D

bermbuster
2008.04.19, 04:29 PM
sorry marc, we didn't get pictures of the Dnano. However, there were a few of us that got to Drive them !! :p:D

you really know how to hurt a guy....:D
how do they drive???:cool:

marc
2008.04.19, 05:22 PM
What? Were camera's forbidden or something? :D Any new news on how soon we can get some?

pchan0
2008.04.19, 05:46 PM
Who is looking good for the AWD mod class?

bermbuster
2008.04.19, 06:27 PM
Who is looking good for the AWD mod class?

Willy Wong of course....:cool:

evoraptor
2008.04.19, 07:20 PM
Went there, but with a ****ty camera so I didn't get pictures of you guys racing. But it was interesting to say the least...

arch2b
2008.04.19, 08:30 PM
considering the number of forum members attending, there is very little real news posted:(

marc
2008.04.19, 08:37 PM
Maybe there just being slow at posting.

lfisminiz
2008.04.19, 09:14 PM
WHERES this LIVE update thread at???????????:confused:

ruf
2008.04.20, 12:15 AM
This is Cristian, writing from Joe's computer. After the first day of qualifying, we have

2wd stock:
1.Chad Nelson
2.Bill Crotty
3.Cristian Tabush
4.Joe Chen
5.Binh Do
6.TJ Macabuhay

Chad TQ'd the second round in a heat that I was about to lap him until I grazed the wall and locked up my right front tire. This cost me 31 seconds on 1 lap. Fastest Lap was by myself with an 11.8, followed by Bill with a 12.0. My car is the only one consistently in the 11's

F1 Stock
1.Chad Nelson
2.Bill Crotty
3.???

Chad is looking strong. Joe has had a bit of trouble and is hoping to work out the bugs to run with the quicker guys

AWD Mod
1.Cristian Tabush
2.Bill Crotty

Not clear on the rest, I believe Steven and Stephen (phea) from ILR are 3 and 4th with Brian Bosley and TJ Close behind. Fast lap is by myself with 11.1, Bill is the closest with a few 11.4's. On average I am running 11.2-11.5 second laps, the car is unreal!

Pan Car Mod
1.Bill Crotty
2.Chad Nelson
3.Cristian Tabush
4.Philip NG

Bill and Chad are looking strong. The surprising part is the Pan cars are on a slower pace than the stock (70 turn motor) cars. Grip is very low and the cars have been really terrible. The Inzane has been having under steering issues due to incorrect tire choices in the front both qualifiers. The car is the quickest in the high speed sections on the tracks, but can't get around the left side which is really tight. A couple of changes made the car much better after the second qualifier. Might not be able to keep up with the AWDs in these track conditions, but should come very close in the 3rd qualifier.

lfisminiz
2008.04.20, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the update, Cristian.:)

mini-z
2008.04.20, 08:57 AM
considering the number of forum members attending, there is very little real news posted:(

:o Doing what I can to rectify that - I went straight from the airport to the race and there was so much going on that I didn't have time to unpack any laptops etc. - here's something to get you started:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28286

:) Oh, I just realized I forgot Soulstice on my shout out list - DC reprazent! :D

mini-z
2008.04.20, 12:17 PM
Updated results throughout the day:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28293

bcpzx3
2008.04.22, 02:11 AM
My pictures are up, couldn't find the right manual setting on my camera for the pictures i wanted. But i guess these will do, sorry for the late update, I didn't have any access to the internet during the entire trip.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28307

Tjay
2008.06.27, 03:28 PM
There was a small RCP track layed out by KYOSHO for dNANO and mini-z 2.4ghz demo at the RCX event. I really like that small track and their layout but I'm not sure if it's 30cm or 50cm. Anyone know which one it is and if you guys have pics of it?

Thanks!

briankstan
2008.06.27, 03:40 PM
There was a small RCP track layed out by KYOSHO for dNANO and mini-z 2.4ghz demo at the RCX event. I really like that small track and their layout but I'm not sure if it's 30cm or 50cm. Anyone know which one it is and if you guys have pics of it?

Thanks!

I helped set that track up. it was a custom track the RCP made exclusively for the Dnanos. it was made of 50cm tiles but the rails were custom cut as to where they went. it was essentiall about 70cm wide lane widths. (1 1/2 tiles give or take.)

It only had one rail in the interior of the track, instead of the double rail you would typically have.

Tjay
2008.06.27, 03:53 PM
Do you still remember the track layout? Can you pm me if you still do.

Thanks

RCPMini-z
2008.06.27, 04:28 PM
Do you still remember the track layout? Can you pm me if you still do.

Thanks

I have a 2D drawing of the layout. I will post up later tonight when I get home.

briankstan
2008.06.27, 04:28 PM
I don't, but I bet John or some other members have pictures. I didn't get a picture of it, only the track we raced on. :o

RCPMini-z
2008.06.27, 06:17 PM
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5417/kyoshorcxbe1.jpg

Tjay
2008.06.28, 12:32 PM
yup! that is the layout. I was able to run mini-z on this track and it didn't feel like it's too tight or too big. This will definitely fit on my backyard... thanks!