PDA

View Full Version : question about faulty motor mount

xeonidas
2008.02.12, 08:58 AM
hi,

i bought that 94/98mm mototr mount. everithing was going fine until i saw that 2 screws cant go anywere.:mad: these screws were main screws that hold up my motor :confused: . Can i only use this motor mount with pn motors or can i use it with stock or x-speed and if i can then how???

briankstan
2008.02.12, 10:39 AM
this really shouldn't be a suprise. none of the kyosho motors are drilled. you can drill them if you are careful. I have done it tons of times.

all the cans from bot PN and Atomic are drilled so you can use them. if you need to stick with the Kyosho stock or X-speed motors you will need to drill and tap them.

xeonidas
2008.02.12, 12:56 PM
thanks but can sb knows a web page were is instructions how to open and all jobs what need to be done

briankstan
2008.02.12, 01:10 PM
I don't know about instructions. I have done it without opening the can. in most series your not allowed to open the can.

I use a can that has holes in it as a templete. I slide it over the post and then holding my drill level use the can as a guide for placment. once the can is marked remove the template and slowly drill, make sure when you go through you don't have alot of presure on the drill bit or it can damage the comm.

you can tap them with either a tap or just use a corse screw to hold it to the motor mount.

I hope that explains how it's done.

pinoyboy
2008.02.12, 01:20 PM
drilling motor procedure
http://mini-z.home.att.net/drillingmotor.htm

briankstan
2008.02.12, 01:29 PM
thanks for posting that Hank..

pinoyboy
2008.02.12, 01:30 PM
thanks for posting that Hank..

no problem!:D

xeonidas
2008.02.12, 11:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:Dthanks for your help i try do to do it

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.02.24, 03:21 AM
Here's my tip: Go get yourself a ballbearing can, remove the armature from the stock can, slap it in the bb can, and you got yourself a ballbearing 70 turn motor! Your car will run faster too, due to the bearings. Or, simply buy a speedy 07...solves the problem, and you get more horse power.

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.02.24, 03:24 AM
Btw, the motor mount is actually not faulty in this case. It's intended for motors w/ threaded holes, so you can adjust by loosening the screw as you mesh the gears properly, without having to mess with the spacers. Looks cool too.

hans_wiz
2008.02.25, 06:51 AM
Here's my tip: Go get yourself a ballbearing can, remove the armature from the stock can, slap it in the bb can, and you got yourself a ballbearing 70 turn motor! Your car will run faster too, due to the bearings. Or, simply buy a speedy 07...solves the problem, and you get more horse power.
In our club is not allowed to open armature or use another motors except Kyosho's original or x-speed in stock class. This time was washer faulty between radio control and car :D Last time I saw that motor and motor mount where in place.

xeonidas
2008.02.25, 11:34 AM
i drilled using that web page:D