PDA

View Full Version : PN Racing Mini-Z RCP Slick Rear Tire 6

DJ Kyosho
2008.02.15, 05:33 PM
This 6 degree tire special low traction and clod weather RCP track use.
Parts # RSR06

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/RSR06.JPG

rharris
2008.02.17, 01:20 AM
I was running them last night at the kenon track. They are so gummy that they will actually stick together when you first pull them out of the package.

I had to run them around the track a few laps and then they really started to stick. I was running Kyosho 20's, but I'm going to stick with these for a while.

pinoyboy
2008.02.17, 01:27 AM
I was running them last night at the kenon track. They are so gummy that they will actually stick together when you first pull them out of the package.

I had to run them around the track a few laps and then they really started to stick. I was running Kyosho 20's, but I'm going to stick with these for a while.

So with them being so soft, tire wear is even quicker right? Have they made the tires thicker, at least the same thickness 8s are with tread?

rharris
2008.02.17, 01:43 AM
they are pretty thick. They are slicks, so they were very even. But I only ran them for one night so I can't tell about the wear just yet.

I'm running them on a modified pan. They lasted for the whole night and still looked pretty good.

yasuji
2008.02.17, 02:10 AM
So with them being so soft, tire wear is even quicker right? Have they made the tires thicker, at least the same thickness 8s are with tread?

they r the same thickniss as the kyosho 20s
in my opinion w/ the same exact set up these r gripper than the kyosho 20s
when i put them on my mod pan car it makes the rear start to chatter
i normaly run my dds dry but i had to add some silicone to it to settle the rear down almost to much grip
normaly i get around 5-6 packs of batterys w/ the kyosho 20s till i can feel them start to fade alittle and by 8 packs they are down to the inside of the rim
(literally showing rim:D
i ran 10 packs tonight with these tires and there is still about 50 % left
and i was able to run within 3 tenths of the track record (philips) and my personal best lap time (which is only a few hundreths off of philips):D

pinoyboy
2008.02.17, 02:27 AM
they r the same thickniss as the kyosho 20s
in my opinion w/ the same exact set up these r gripper than the kyosho 20s
when i put them on my mod pan car it makes the rear start to chatter
i normaly run my dds dry but i had to add some silicone to it to settle the rear down almost to much grip
normaly i get around 5-6 packs of batterys w/ the kyosho 20s till i can feel them start to fade alittle and by 8 packs they are down to the inside of the rim
(literally showing rim:D
i ran 10 packs tonight with these tires and there is still about 50 % left
and i was able to run within 3 tenths of the track record (philips) and my personal best lap time (which is only a few hundreths off of philips):D

I've never had experience with kyosho rears, I usually run strictly PN tires. So when you say 10 packs, exactly how much time per pack, 10min, 15min, or more?

I'll be getting some of these, but not any time soon, since I still have at least 5 RCP 8 tires NIP. Maybe when the 2.4 chassis are in stock again and not just pre-order.

DJ Kyosho
2008.02.17, 03:46 AM
So when you say 10 packs, exactly how much time per pack, 10min, 15min, or more?

yasuji is a really aggressive driver, so 10 packs to him = about 30 to us lol. I ran the 30 minute main tonight (stock car) with these tires and they look like they're just broken in.

One thing I like about these tires over the kyosho 20s is that it seems like it has a stiffer sidewall. On my kyosho 20s, the side wall are all worn out. From my limited experience with the pn 6d tires, I seem to like the old PN 8d radials better. They seem to have more grip, I rarely spin out with those. I'll keep running them and see what I can get out of them.

yasuji
2008.02.17, 03:48 PM
I've never had experience with kyosho rears, I usually run strictly PN tires. So when you say 10 packs, exactly how much time per pack, 10min, 15min, or more?

I'll be getting some of these, but not any time soon, since I still have at least 5 RCP 8 tires NIP. Maybe when the 2.4 chassis are in stock again and not just pre-order.

i have been getting approx.12 min. of good run time with my packs
like djkyosho said i am a verry aggressive driver ..:rolleyes:
i like to rear steer my car in and out of most corners

DJ Kyosho
2008.02.20, 04:17 PM
Used these tires again last night and it worked better for me than the 1st time. All I really did was re-tape it. These tires are really soft and sticky that it starts to slowly come off the wheel after a few sets of batteries. I guess I just have to re-tape more often than usual.