PDA

View Full Version : JD TIGER 580.000 RPM motor?? =|

RacingSOUL
2008.02.17, 10:39 AM
Hello all!
I found this motor on web. How do you think it will fit in mini-z? And I've searched for it on ebay and in google, but didin't find where to buy it...
Any ideas?
Here is the link (scroll to the bottom of the page):
http://www.mini4wd.it/supermotorirpm.htm

CristianTabush
2008.02.17, 12:24 PM
Andrey, put it on your car and watch it go poof! These are motors designed for the Mini 4wd, which operate on 2 cells instead of 4. Stick to what is available in the market. These are not "lost secrets or gems" what is available, again I will tell you is more than sufficient to win. There is no track in the world that has enough grip to justify anything faster than a T2/ Z2/ Stock R and Chili...

If you want something ludicrous get a hand wound motor from one of the guys on the boards that actually knows what they are doing.

cowboysir
2008.02.17, 12:37 PM
I'd have to agree with Christian in a certain respect...that motor would be of no real use for a mini-z rcp course.

There are some real good Mini4WD motors that can be found from Tamiya that give you decent power at a super cheap price...some examples like the PowerDash, UltraDash and SprintDash can be made into decent mini-z motors with a little home modification(basically placing the armature to a bearing can with the appropriate magnets of choice). Be sure to use any of these types of motors with a 3010 fet or higher amp value board.

They certainly don't perform as hot/fast as some of the motors Christian describes but will give you a good jump in performance compared to stock and xspeed type motors, all for a couple bucks.;)