PDA

View Full Version : Looking to race on 3/6/08

pinoyboy
2008.02.27, 06:33 PM
Are you guys racing next Thursday, 3/6/08?

If so, I'm looking to come up to race. I've been reading some of the posts, and it looks like there's some discussion with your rules, fet issues, etc. I'd like to know in advance so I could make my cars legal. Currently I have

-MR-02 2.4 ASF with 2x2 of 8858 fets, VDS body
-MR-02 AD band with 2x2 of 8858 fets, NSX body
-MR-02 AM 27mhz with 2x2 of 4562 fets. I also have a lexan body coming, but this car is currently running an Enzo body
-MA-010 AM 27mhz with 2x2 of 3010s and 2x2 of 4562s
-F1 currently has 1x2 of 3010s, but will upgrade to 8858s(the same fets that are on Pick's Ferrari F1;))

I recently upgraded some of my cars as the rules in the Atlanta GTGs just changed not too long ago. What we came up with was that in other scales, ESCs aren't limited to a specific one, but everyone runs the same motor.

Anyways, I'm trying to find any more info like
-race fee
-transponder rental fee(I think its $5 right?)
-Shop hours and race time
-what are the classes?

If theres anything else I should know, please inform asap. Thanks:D

cosmicsoul
2008.02.28, 08:29 AM
Hey there,

We race every Thursday at 7:00 sharp. You might get there a little earlier though they have been known to start 5-10 minutes early. There are several classes. Stock can run any single layer fets with x speed or speedy 07bb. Modified is run what you brung as long as it is under 180g I think. You can definately run your 2.4 car in this class also rubber tires only no traction compound in any class. F-1 is also open no fet or motor limitations. I am not sure AD band radios in the stock class. I am pretty sure none of the guys here are using them. Some one else will have to let you know about that.

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.02.28, 11:00 AM
Jay summed it up well, but weight limit for mod is OVER 180g, but you may want confirmation on the actual number. Lighter is always better, except for sumo wrestling. You can get some practice in if you arrive before 7:00.

Pedro

pinoyboy
2008.02.28, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the info! Just weighed my car that I plan to run for mod, and its a little over 190g with batteries. As for stock, I guess I'll have to borrow my bros AM car and set it up on the track as its the only car with 1 layer of fets.

cosmicsoul
2008.02.29, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone,

I had a great time racing last night. James thanks for the tuning help. I improved by 7-8 laps maybe next week I will actually get to 45. Any way I hope every one is well see you soon!

Jay

n2rc
2008.02.29, 10:22 PM
those guys summed it up well. the hobby shop opens at noon on thursday and is open to practice till race time. no charge!!! we do use amb system. sounds like you've already got mod and f1 covered. we are keeping stock down to single layer fets, stock bodies (no vds bodies in stock) and your choice of x speed or speedy 07. actually everyone will be interested in seeing that 2.4. like stated, no traction compounds and also no lipo's. hope that doesnt mess you up. we are trying to keep the batteries out of the picture by everyone running 4 aaa's in all the mini z classes. by the way. the hobby shop is open tues-weds 12:00-7:00, thurs 12:00-till racing over (generally 8:45-9:00), friday 12:00-7:00, saturday 9:30-4:00. see you at the track. todd

pinoyboy
2008.03.01, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the info. I'll try and setup these cars as best I can before the race.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/spring%20break/Springbreakminiz009.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/spring%20break/Springbreakminiz001.jpg

All AM 27mhz cars. I'm pretty sure I'll have to go back to an enzo body since the transponder won't fit under the pan car body :(

pooiswyked
2008.03.03, 11:08 PM
i'm excited for new competition

i had fun running mini z for the first time even though i wish i woulda had my scalpel

jay it was fun racing you, i ended up 1 lap short of first in the main.

and the sinister is getting alogn nicely, enzo body soon for it bringing back memories.

and amb transponders todd mentioned it earlier. c ya there. -josh

mleemor60
2008.03.04, 08:48 PM
Jay summed it up well, but weight limit for mod is OVER 180g, but you may want confirmation on the actual number. Lighter is always better, except for sumo wrestling. You can get some practice in if you arrive before 7:00.

Pedro

Pedro,

PM sent

n2rc
2008.03.07, 08:35 AM
another great night of racing. hank, had fun racing with you. i told you it was going to be close. congratulations to rodney and pedro. i ran third to you guys and could only sit back and watch that miraculous 63 lap run both you guys put down in stock. i know you both could have got more. we had a full track and i know i held both of you back a little just trying to stay out of your way. pedro, i knew you were gonna be fast the first day we practiced. you just had to find a little speed in stock. way to go in mod. as well. you played it smart and won them all didn't you.... connor, 11 and ran 54 laps in the a. that's awesome and i know you'll only get better. todd

pick
2008.03.07, 09:28 AM
All I have to say is whewwwww! Man, there sure were some fast cars in all classes! We had a great turnout and lots of fun racing. Hats off to Pedro and Rodney. I simply just couldn't keep up. I had a hard time just staying out of the way!! And how about that 63 lap superstock A main. Pedro and Rodney just busted the track record wide open!! Great racing, I'll be working all week trying to figure out what to do? Looking forward to next Thursday. Hank, you've gotta come back for some more of this insane racing!
James

pedrocamp
2008.03.07, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys for another great evening of RACING!. I think I'm having more fun racing these little cars than I did my 10th Scale Touring Cars. Heck of a lot cheaper too...
Happy to have "Pinionboy" join us. Fast racer and a nice guy. Good luck on your mini z world tour. Hope to race with you again.
Look forward to swapping a little paint with you guys next Thursday.
...and thanks again to Jim and Vicky for hosting our evenings of miniature mayhem.

Pedro

pinoyboy
2008.03.07, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently in SC and just got access to the internet. Wow, you guys have alot of talented racers!:eek: I'd definitely like to come up there again when I have the chance! Thanks to everyone who helped me at the track;) Hopefully, we can have a bunch of friendly, as well as great racing, here in the ATL like you guys:D

Maybe tomorrow I'll post some better pics of your track so that anyone else who may be interested to race will see what its like! Also, HSH is an awesome hobby shop! Theres tons of mini z parts!

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.08, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys for another great evening of RACING!. I think I'm having more fun racing these little cars than I did my 10th Scale Touring Cars. Heck of a lot cheaper too...
Happy to have "Pinionboy" join us. Fast racer and a nice guy. Good luck on your mini z world tour. Hope to race with you again.
Look forward to swapping a little paint with you guys next Thursday.
...and thanks again to Jim and Vicky for hosting our evenings of miniature mayhem.

Pedro

hey Pedro
congratulations on that win down there. that a great lap of 63laps, I hope that MR-02 set-up that i had in my car down there worked out in your car that i sent you, good to see a new Sheriff in town, i see you guys are having a great time down there, Cool.:)