View Full Version : 64 pitch F1 ball diff... :D

ruf
2008.03.03, 01:35 AM
"How to" coming soon... :D

http://www.reflexracing.net/images/diffs/HPIM0332.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/diffs/HPIM0334.jpg

RussF
2008.03.03, 01:13 PM
Sweet!! Can the 64 pitch gears be added to the Atomic diff as well?

ruf
2008.03.03, 01:18 PM
I have an Atomic diff at home I will try it out on tonight. This mod requires shaving of the diff halves and the diff gear on the Kyosho. Will see if the same applies for the Atomic.

hpgod
2008.03.10, 01:25 PM
Joe what doe you use to grind the individual groove in the tires.

I have a setup someone showed me but I can only get equally spaced groves using the tool I have. The spacing it has is around the largest spacing on your right tire. I tried a few other tools but they just sliced tire and not groved them.

ruf
2008.03.11, 12:48 PM
Sorry dude, I suck at cutting tires so all I know is that's how Cristian sends them to me... :)

RussF
2008.04.08, 04:30 PM
I have an Atomic diff at home I will try it out on tonight. This mod requires shaving of the diff halves and the diff gear on the Kyosho. Will see if the same applies for the Atomic.

So did you ever get a chance to try it? I have the Atomic diff and think I would like to go with a 64 pitch set up. What gearing would be good for an Xspeed motor in a BB can? Or maybe a Speedy 05? Also will the ball bearing in the Atomic spur gear fit the 64 pitch spur gear?

ruf
2008.04.08, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry dude. I totally forgot and I gave away that diff to a guy at the track who broke his. Gearing is just as dependent on your track as your motor. I run the 54T spur and a 12-13T pinion at Kenon which is a pretty large track.

cowboysir
2008.04.08, 09:53 PM
Out of curiousity, is the mod any different than the mod shown in the new products sub forum? I finally tried my modded Kyosho/64 pitch on my MR02 and was amazed at the sound and improved throttle response...

Long story short, I'm planning on getting some more replacement gears and wanted to know if 64 pitch is in the books for my F1's.:D

briankstan
2008.04.08, 10:16 PM
I say go for it. I install one on my Kyosho F1 diff and like the response. I have been testing it out and like the 54 spur with the 12 pinion.

Note: you need to use the MR-02 ball diff rings as the F1 disk are to large to fit inside the spur. also from the pic you can see that the spur is on reversed moving the gear in. this allows you to push the pinion all the way on the motor. :D

hpgod
2008.04.09, 09:01 PM
I say go for it. I install one on my Kyosho F1 diff and like the response. I have been testing it out and like the 54 spur with the 12 pinion.

Note: you need to use the MR-02 ball diff rings as the F1 disk are to large to fit inside the spur. also from the pic you can see that the spur is on reversed moving the gear in. this allows you to push the pinion all the way on the motor. :D

On the atomic diff the gear fit just the same. I prefer the 48 pitch with the pn promatch pinions in f1 as the spur gear is open to crashes from the rear. A tap from the rear will likely result in a dnf with 64 pitch gears.

RussF
2008.04.10, 10:01 AM
On the atomic diff the gear fit just the same. I prefer the 48 pitch with the pn promatch pinions in f1 as the spur gear is open to crashes from the rear. A tap from the rear will likely result in a dnf with 64 pitch gears.

Good thought. I had someone run right into the back of my car (thanks Nic-z ;)) and did something to the teeth on my spur. Its made a bit of noise ever since.