PDA

View Full Version : Core stops counting laps

Z_408
2008.03.10, 12:09 AM
We just had a 6 hour race the other day and after about 4 hours one of the cars would miss laps every so often. Then other cars would start to miss laps. We then stopped the race and did a system reboot. After the reboot it worked fine again until the final hour. I am sure the min lap was set low enough. Does anyone have any idea how this could happen?

thanks,
Binh

byebye
2008.03.10, 07:34 AM
My problem was my laptop was on powersave. I have to run it on high performance. I also bought a gold lead USB cable from Fry's(6ft version $10 I think) and I haven't had any problems.

I also could not run Windows Media player at the same time. So just the three things I changed; set to high performance, replaced USB cable, and turned of Windows Media Player.

Kris

imxlr8ed
2008.03.10, 08:47 AM
Shut down everything accessory to your operations... screensavers, anti-virus, wireless connections. It's hard to get into the habit, but it works fine then. I don't know if it's a power issue or a program issue... but doing this helped everytime for our unit.

briankstan
2008.03.10, 11:03 AM
Shut down everything accessory to your operations... screensavers, anti-virus, wireless connections. It's hard to get into the habit, but it works fine then. I don't know if it's a power issue or a program issue... but doing this helped everytime for our unit.

I'll second this one, also run a defrag

Make sure to lock or move the previous races. I prefer to move them to a backup folder. and only leave in the current days racing.

Z_408
2008.03.11, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. I will try it all. Does anyone who if there is a way I can test to see if it did anything? We are planning to do another 6 hour race and would like for the counting to work for the complete race this time.

thanks.