PDA

View Full Version : RCP bumps

Shadow Runner
2008.03.11, 09:16 PM
I have a mini 96 track in my basement (on top of carpet). I have noticed some of the tiles do not fit level with the tiles it is connected to. When I push the edges of the protruding tile down, it eventually pops back up. This is not a problem with all of the tiles however. The only reason I care so much is I just recently bought a formula 1 mini-z which has a lower ride height than my mr-02. Is there any advice or solutions for my dilemma?

RCPMini-z
2008.03.11, 09:48 PM
The tracks don't work well on carpet, grass or similar loose surface. I supplied a large track for an event that had to be on grass. For this track I turned the tiles upside-down and ran a piece of heavy duty tape, like duct tape, across the joints. This kept the links even on the opposite side and allowed the links to settle smooth on such a loose base such as grass or shag carpet.

If you want to do this, pick the side you mostly use, such as the rough side. Turn the mats over and run a piece of tape across the joints. One word of caution is the tape may leave a thick residue on the bottom surface. In this case I wouldn't recommend it if you plan on using the opposite surface in the future.

Shadow Runner
2008.03.11, 10:35 PM
thanks for the advice :). I plan on using both sides though, but what do you think about if I could find some thin flat wood or tiles or something to put under the track to smooth it out. Would that work?

cdog4w
2008.03.11, 10:55 PM
Gaff tape is like duct tape but doesn't leave a residue. Should work for you. Trick from my friend who does sound/theater.

RCPMini-z
2008.03.11, 11:35 PM
The Gaff tape may work without leaving a residue. 1/4 hardboard or similar material will also work under the track. You just need something to support the links.