PDA

View Full Version : AD band PCB with Futaba 3PKS

dameetz
2008.03.13, 10:14 AM
I know the AD band is supposed to be match with KO radio but has anyone here has some kind of modification just to make the 3PKS works with AD band PCB?

xxam
2008.03.13, 11:04 AM
The mod is documented very well here:

http://www.reflexracing.net/module.asp

Jim

I know the AD band is supposed to be match with KO radio but has anyone here has some kind of modification just to make the 3PKS works with AD band PCB?

dameetz
2008.03.13, 09:33 PM
The mod is documented very well here:

http://www.reflexracing.net/module.asp

Jim

Thanks bro.

cowboysir
2008.05.25, 11:32 PM
anybody know if the EX-UR module can be converted similar to the EX-10 to function in the 3PK?(sort of the same topic so I didn't think it was worth a new thread):D

Aurora
2008.05.26, 12:00 AM
Cowboysir,

I am assuming the new 2.4G ASF module, and to convert it to 3PKS? Not for the moment. My friend's been haunting me for the same question for the past month... :D

Flashsp-2
2008.05.26, 12:10 AM
Should be the same considering the modules will work with both the EX-10 and the EX-I UR. The pinning should be the same for the conversion. Of course I don't have the 3PK to try this on, so I can't say for sure...

cowboysir
2008.05.26, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the replies guys...I am considering some AD band(maybe some 2.4ghz in the future) cars and figured it might be fun to try/practice this mod...

AD are a bit more powerful and smoother with less interference issues, right?(that's what i've gathered from other threads)

Flashsp-2
2008.05.26, 01:59 AM
AD are a bit more powerful and smoother with less interference issues, right?(that's what i've gathered from other threads)

Yep, AD is definately a step above AM in terms of response time, steering and throttle smoothness, and signal clarity. I almost regret selling my AD car to move up to ASF just because of the braking issues with the ASF. Well, that and I had my AD car totally dialed.

Aurora
2008.05.26, 02:19 AM
Flashsp-2.

Hmmm...that's an interesting proposal. I do have all three remotes, Ex1 UR, Ex10 and 3pk. And had planned to try the AD band mod to make it work with 3pk, but I then abandoned the plan when I heard about the 2.4G since I'd like to wait and see what's happening.

Right now, I went some distance to locate a 2.4G module, and so I probably will not want to convert it to only work with 3pk; but if in the future, if all my cars are converted, and Futaba didn't come out with a compatible module, then I might want to risk one to try....

Cowboysir,

I don't really think of AD as a more 'powerful' board, and even after use, I'd think it is merely a change of transmitting method. But one thing is for sure, it should have much less a chance, if not virtually none, chance of interference.

I think a very critical part of the package is the new ICS software for this new 2.4G ASF board. Hopefully, it will offer even more tuning option than the old ICS software for AD band.

About competition, I am currently involved in a year long point series local competition, and even after almost a month of practicing with new remote (Ex1 UR) and the new 2.4G module, I think I will still stick with the Ad band for now, since this technology is long proven and for me, reliability in competition is far more important than a simple pursuit of high tech stuff.

Maybe after a few months of work, I will eventually convert to race with 2.4G after the new ICS software is out. :D

cowboysir
2008.06.08, 03:09 AM
Well, I did the mod of the AD module(thanks to Cristian and Joe for having a great tut at Reflexracing)and I have to say I'm pretty happy. One of the easiest mods I've ever done and the board seems to perform much better than my AM 3010's.

Now to find the software setup....:D