PDA

View Full Version : Matched / Graded Orion Cells Now Available

R1WURKS
2008.03.17, 01:32 AM
Matched & Graded Orion AAA 900hv Cells Now Available on ebay. just search:orion AAA matched

they are matched & graded as follows:

level 1 Practice Cells
level 2 Weekend race Cells
level 3 Pro Competition Cells

DJ Kyosho
2008.03.17, 08:37 AM
I was fortunate enough to try these batteries yesterday. From my experience, they give longer consistent run time. They seem to have a little bit more power also, I was having a hard time controlling my pan car out of turns which has not happened before. I highly recommend these cells. I also like how the cells are being sold by levels. Not all batteries are created equal ;) you get what you pay for.

pchan0
2008.03.17, 12:47 PM
I sent you a PM. Can't wait to run these.:)

AlloyENZO
2008.03.19, 10:22 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm matched for the mini's :rolleyes:

DJ Kyosho
2008.03.19, 11:24 AM
I was able to try the level 3 Pro Competition Cells last night, but this time, it was on my stock car. Stock meaning, the board was untouched and using a speedy 07 motor. It was unreal, I could keep up with some of the pan cars on the straight. No one believes that my car is stock either. Yes, these cells actually give you that much more power. Again, I highly recommend these cells to anyone who wants the best batteries out there or just to have an edge over the competition.

Tjay
2008.03.19, 12:31 PM
The regular 900's are already good enough... I would run the competition batts only for the stock class.

yasuji
2008.03.22, 11:57 PM
The regular 900's are already good enough... I would run the competition batts only for the stock class.
i got to try the R1WURKS matched orion level 2 cells. AWESOME:D
new to new, they are not as punchy as the unmatched orion cells, but on top it SCREAMS...
unmatched orion cells are overly punchy and basicly undriveable in my 2.4 mod pn pan car for the first min then taper off to be consistent for 5 min and then in the last 4 min it is almost like driving a stock car.....lol :rolleyes:
the R1WURKS matched orion cells are similar to the tsr cells that i currently race with, altho i only get 8 mins of consistent run time with the tsr resulting in a total of 12 min of run time
with the R1WURKS matched orion cells i get 10 mins of consistent run time resulting in a total of 15 min total run time:D
team orion batterys are great cells.....but ....matched R1WURKS cells make them race worthy
on a side note i got to try R1WURKS cells but they were not matched they were very similar to the orions but i was able to get 15 mins of runtime...
cant wait for the matched R1WURKS cells:D

NOMOTORLIMIT
2008.03.26, 03:28 PM
i got to try the R1WURKS matched orion level 2 cells. AWESOME:D
new to new, they are not as punchy as the unmatched orion cells, but on top it SCREAMS...
unmatched orion cells are overly punchy and basicly undriveable in my 2.4 mod pn pan car for the first min then taper off to be consistent for 5 min and then in the last 4 min it is almost like driving a stock car.....lol :rolleyes:
the R1WURKS matched orion cells are similar to the tsr cells that i currently race with, altho i only get 8 mins of consistent run time with the tsr resulting in a total of 12 min of run time
with the R1WURKS matched orion cells i get 10 mins of consistent run time resulting in a total of 15 min total run time:D
team orion batterys are great cells.....but ....matched R1WURKS cells make them race worthy
on a side note i got to try R1WURKS cells but they were not matched they were very similar to the orions but i was able to get 15 mins of runtime...
cant wait for the matched R1WURKS cells:D

Well said, Yasuji! I personally like both the R1Wurks T.O. 900s, and R1Wurks exclusive cells, but if I were to pick between the two, I like his better...ironically. I used these more than the matched TO's last night. I like how smooth it is on the low and mid, but the top end is CRAZY!

I miss MPT....when's the next one?

aphit89
2008.06.03, 06:07 AM
What is the best way to charge orion matched cells competition with maha c9000 charger? Should I break in too? thank you....it say 3 amps but i could'nt find 3 amps in maha charger

Tjay
2008.06.03, 12:13 PM
What is the best way to charge orion matched cells competition with maha c9000 charger? Should I break in too? thank you....it say 3 amps but i could'nt find 3 amps in maha charger

3 amps is a little to high. Charge it with 1 amp. Also, if you do want to charge it 3 amps. Don't leave it charging. Keep an eye on it.

aphit89
2008.06.03, 08:50 PM
3 amps is a little to high. Charge it with 1 amp. Also, if you do want to charge it 3 amps. Don't leave it charging. Keep an eye on it.

In Maha charger...is 1000 ma is the same with 1 amp? i still confuse with digit in maha C9000 ....thank you

hpgod
2008.06.04, 06:17 AM
I do not have this charger but from and engineering and rc veteran point of view
a mA is milli Amps 1000 Milliamps is 1.000 amps

Tjay
2008.06.04, 11:40 AM
yes 1000 mah is 1 amp.

R1WURKS
2008.06.08, 04:15 PM
thanks Tj for your help, what Tj said is totally true for unmatched cells.unmatched cells generate too much heat when charged at higher amp rate.

We have been doing constant testing with our matched cells both on track & bench testing. we have found that R1wurks matched cells can achieve a higher level of performance when charged at 3amps with the peak detect set at .01 or as close to this as possible.so for maha chargers you should charge at 2000mah,thats the maximum charge rate for this chargers.

race testing???

Yes this matched cells & charge rates have also been race tested & proven with amazing results. this are the same matched cells & charge rates that Cristian Tabush was using on the most Battery demanding class of all, 4wd class at the RCX show . I'm sure that Cristian is one of the best drivers out there & i bet he would win this race no matter what but this is the type of matched battery that he was using when he finished 2 laps ahead of the competition.

R1Wurks

R1WURKS
2008.06.08, 04:46 PM
here's a preview of the new R1wurks cells, matched & unmatched. soon to be available here at shop.tinyrc.com . Team Orion matched cells are will also be available here soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/teban/DSC00653.jpg

Tjay
2008.06.28, 12:25 PM
I was able to do some test runs with these batteries and compare them to my TO 900's (unmatched). The test was on a PN stock spec 2wd class, 4x 4mins heats on each pack. I ran 2 sets of each pack for testing.

TO 900's unmatched: (charged at 1amp)
1st 4 mins heat/ 4:01/26 laps/Best time: 8.94
4th 4 mins heat/ 4:06/26 laps/Best time: 9.11
-punch was there on the first heat and a very nitoceable drop on the second heat. I though I got a bad cell, so I tested my other cells and still got the same results.

r1 990's unmatched: (charged at 1amp)
1st 4 mins heat/ 4:00/26 laps/Best time: 8.97
4th 4 mins heat/ 4:05/26 laps/Best time: 9.07
-punch was there from first heat till almost 3rd heat. So if you're looking for that extra edge on your stock class. This is the set for you.

r1 990's matched: (charged at 3amps per manufaturers instruction)
1st 4 mins heat/ 4:00/26 laps/Best time: 8.98
4th 4 mins heat/ 4:02/26 laps/Best time: 9.00
-no punch from first heat to last heat but the speed didn't change on the entire 16 mins of continious runtime. Very, very consistent. I would deffinitely run this on my pan class and 2wd mod.

R1WURKS
2008.06.28, 01:08 PM
TJ,

if you want to get more punch on your matched cells just charge them at one amp and that should lower your Internal resistance & in result you will get more punch.

Steve

Tjay
2008.06.28, 02:29 PM
Will definitely try that this afternoon.

Thx/TJ

reechaard
2008.06.30, 06:52 PM
How many amps does a Duracell 30 min charger push. Is this charger okay to use on the R1 990's unmatched? I am in the process of buying additional batteries, and would like to get some opinions.

Thanks

herman
2008.06.30, 10:17 PM
reechaard....

tjay and r1wurks are pinoy... :D :D

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28929
see post #15

wish i could help you out on your amp question on the duracell 30 mn charger... if you're looking for a charger check out maha c9000, it's quite affordable and progrmmable, you can set the charging amp rating... and it charges/discharges each battery

but i'm sure coming from your background you might have a better charger out there for your 1/10 scale... so you might just want to invest in an aaa battery tray for charging at the moment down side though is that it charges the whole 4 batts in series...

hope this helps...

Tjay
2008.07.01, 01:03 AM
How many amps does a Duracell 30 min charger push. Is this charger okay to use on the R1 990's unmatched? I am in the process of buying additional batteries, and would like to get some opinions.

Thanks

For sure it's more that 1 amp. Atleast 2-4 amps. I wouldn't use it for charging, maybe re-peaking. I'd suggest for you to invest into a better charger before buying more cells...

You might also want to look at Lacrosse chargers. They're cheap $39.99 at amazon.com.

Good luck!

reechaard
2008.07.01, 01:22 AM
TJay. I have some old Novak peak chargers. Would this work as well?
Now I have to look for them in storage :D

dhamby123
2008.07.01, 07:01 PM
anybody have any real numbers off of these cells like avg res. peak volts how close are they matched ? i saw were team scream has cells now only prob with them is they give all the really good cells to there drivers and the public is left with the high res. low voltage cells at least that was what it was like when we were running there 2/3rds a cells.. matched cells are great but only if we get a fair shot at the good stuff .

Tjay
2008.07.01, 11:40 PM
TJay. I have some old Novak peak chargers. Would this work as well?
Now I have to look for them in storage :D

reechard: if it is made for NiMh, you can use it to charge your batts with 1 amp.

R1WURKS
2008.07.03, 12:52 AM
R1wurks cells are matched at a very tight + - .01 volt in a pack of 4. internal resistance will depend on what charge rate you are charging at. 1 amp charge rate will give you an average of 11 RIR & 3 amps charge rate will give you an average of 14 to 15 RIR. Internal resistance results may vary depending on your Room temperature & charger.

R1wurks cells are graded to make sure that the pro competition cells are truly top notch cells & all other cells are grouped on our lower end matched cells that we call L-1 or practice cells. on top of that we also throw away about 20% of the Team Orion cells that are not even worth matching.

and if for any reason you are not happy with R1wurks cells, im just an email away & ill make sure that your happy with your purchase.

R1wurks@r1wurks.com

yasuji
2008.07.03, 01:11 AM
i would like to thank R1WURKS for there support and advice
i have used all types of batteries that are currently available to 1/28th scale
and the only batteries that could go the distance as well as keep me consistently fast is R1WURKS BATTERIES
with R1WURKS support and knowledge i was able to sweep the pancar mod class , T/Q and set the fastest lap @ the pnwc so cal regional with power to spare

:D

hpgod
2008.07.07, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=reechaard;307642]How many amps does a Duracell 30 min charger push. Is this charger okay to use on the R1 990's unmatched? I am in the process of buying additional batteries, and would like to get some opinions.

I looked at my Duracell 30 minute over the weekend that I Use.
AAA is 1.7Amps
AA is 3.4 AMPS
The charger has a built in fan to keep the cells cool.

I have only had a couple intelects/other brand cells vent during charge in 2 years of use 5-10 packs a weeks. I cleaned the contact with alchohol and it was good as new again. It is a good charger that will not fry cells like 15 minute chargers.

R1WURKS
2008.07.10, 12:18 AM
DjKyosho has the same charger 30mins. duracell with no problems with R1wurks cells.

reechaard
2008.07.10, 02:58 PM
DjKyosho has the same charger 30mins. duracell with no problems with R1wurks cells.

Outside of this chargers, would you have any other recommendations on which chargers to use?

herman
2008.07.10, 09:54 PM
some charger information... :D
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27290
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24299
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25067
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27736&highlight=maha
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27332&highlight=maha
hope his helps... :D

reechaard
2008.07.10, 11:36 PM
Hello Herman... Thanks for the information.. It looks like a lot of people recommend the Maha C9000. I guess I am going to focus my research on the Maha.

Thanks again :)