PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z 6 Hour Part 2

Z_408
2008.03.18, 01:55 AM
Since racing in a six hour race was not enough for some, we are going to do it again.

The rules are simple, run any Mini-Z car you have. Every team will get a transponder and it is up to your team to get the most laps when the six hours are done. Just like last time, this will be a 3 man team. I know some people had conflicting schedules last time and could not attend, so this is your chance.

If you have never raced in front of a large crowd, come out and race. Our last event had many fans stay for hours. If anyone needs help with any set-up just drop your car off with me. I will have it running like a champ for the race.

I would like to host this event at Westgate Mall, however we will need at least 7 teams for this to be possible. The deadline for sign-ups will be March 30, 2008. At this time if we have 7 teams we will be racing at Westgate Mall, if not, we will run the race at our store.

On a side note, we had a little problem with the scoring last time. I have done everything I know to fix the problem and will be doing test on the system to ensure we will not have that problem again. In the event we have this problem again we will not start the event until the problem is corrected.

Event: 6 Hour Enduro (3-man)

Date: April 5, 2008

Race time: Noon

Track: RCP

Scoring: Core

Z_408
2008.03.18, 06:20 PM
I forgot to mention if anyone needs a team, just let me know. I can find a team for anyone.

briankstan
2008.03.18, 06:33 PM
on the scoring, make sure you set the computer to always on under the power settings, and turn off the screen saver. Turn off everything that isn't needed this included programs that are running in the system tray. Make sure your wireless is turned off as well.

basically you only want core running, nothing else.

when I make sure to do all that I never have a problem with it, if I don't I have had it stop counting.

good luck. Sounds like a fun race.

Z_408
2008.03.18, 06:45 PM
on the scoring, make sure you set the computer to always on under the power settings, and turn off the screen saver. Turn off everything that isn't needed this included programs that are running in the system tray. Make sure your wireless is turned off as well.

basically you only want core running, nothing else.

when I make sure to do all that I never have a problem with it, if I don't I have had it stop counting.

good luck. Sounds like a fun race.

Thanks for the info. The last race was very fun. Having the bystanders cheering is very cool. At one point it was about 3 or 4 rows deep of people watching. If you are going to RCX, I will see you there.

briankstan
2008.03.18, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the info. The last race was very fun. Having the bystanders cheering is very cool. At one point it was about 3 or 4 rows deep of people watching. If you are going to RCX, I will see you there.

I'll be at RCX. sounds like I'll get to meet alot of people from here at the race. Are you running in the RCP Challenge?