PDA

View Full Version : HFAY Class Poll

briankstan
2008.03.20, 11:45 AM
Those of you participating in HFAY Currently, or those that are going to be joining. Please participate in this poll. Help form HFAY's Future.

This poll is for what chassis you have and would run in HFAY.

please select multiply answers if they apply. thanks

hrdrvr
2008.03.20, 11:53 AM
EDIT: I see it now :D

briankstan
2008.03.20, 12:02 PM
Where is the poll?

you caught me as I was creating the poll. :)

byebye
2008.03.20, 12:02 PM
It's up now.
FIRST VOTE!!!

I voted 4 and 6.

4 because they won't be selling the AM stuff and 2.4ghz will help remind us all of the PITA AM can be.

6 because I like big tracks and why not use it as a season ender? It's can even be it's own thing too.

Kris

hrdrvr
2008.03.20, 12:27 PM
I voted 3, as I have cars that would fit both (assuming FET stacks equal to 2.4 and AD would be legal) categories.

I would agree to 5, but only 3 people in my club have F1s and we dont dedicate any time to running them right now, unless we are the only 3 there.

I like the idea of 6 as well, but dont know how big we could go. We have plenty of space in one direction, but are pretty limited in the other. The 9 tile wide layouts are pushing our space limitations now, so if the tracks grew, but kept the same proportions, we would not be able to compete in such an event.

kryten
2008.03.20, 12:47 PM
I voted 1,5&6. I'm not good enough to race other than stock atm,i now have an F1:D so thats self explanitory. And i think the big track race is a great idea(maybe even an endurance race)

arch2b
2008.03.20, 03:29 PM
4/5/6
4, one rule to rule them all.... the simplest and most effective way to allow growth and manage at the same time.

5, even if you only get a few clubs at first, this is jsut what f1 needs to grow as a class in itself. those who have them, love them and it's always been unfortunate they get treated as the bastard step child of the mini-z scene. atleast they get more recognition than overlands.... we could stick to the 2 wide l l which will be tediuos for f1's or bbump up to 3 wide l's

6, i've been pushing this for years. we now have a seasonal structure that allows for this to happen with out added stress in a schedule, what's not to like?

7, i would have also added an an option for an adidtional class/series based on 4 wide l tracks. this would attract all those clubs that no longer are interested in small track layouts.

also, i personally am not excluding my vote from an option just because i don't have the track or cars. all the clubs have varrying makeups when it comes to available tracks and cars, thus it's more a referendum on the pricipal than the practical ability to do so for me. i don't have 4 wide l space personally but i truely beleive hfay needs to move to larger layouts to pull in addtional clubs.

pinwc4
2008.03.20, 09:43 PM
It looks like the poll got expanded after I voted. I am all for option 7 also. Having a large layout class will be a great addition. Maybe make it something like 4 L's and the optional pieces like blanks, wide inside corners and 45 degree track.

mk2kompressor
2008.03.20, 10:10 PM
need to tick 7 for me too:)

briankstan
2008.03.21, 11:05 AM
I'm in for 7 as well...

arch2b
2008.03.21, 07:59 PM
done, added 4 votes for #7. 1 more for me as i had already voted as well.

TheRinger
2008.03.23, 03:01 PM
It's up now.
FIRST VOTE!!!

I voted 4 and 6.

4 because they won't be selling the AM stuff and 2.4ghz will help remind us all of the PITA AM can be.

6 because I like big tracks and why not use it as a season ender? It's can even be it's own thing too.

Kris

I like that idea byebye, have the season ender be a big track layout. The only problem is not everyone has enough space to do more than 2 wide L's and can't find a place with enough space. What about 2 wide L's plus the exspanion pack being the standard track size for the whole season? personally I like the tracks the way they are but I'm pretty sure that everyone would like to make the HFAY tracks bigger. The only question I got for an F-1 HFAY is will there be a fet and motor limit? My F-1 has 4562 fets and I don't know if I want to buy another F-1.

byebye
2008.03.23, 07:14 PM
Having a season ender would have to be seperate from HFAY. But should be considered the season ender. Maybe consider a buy in for the season ender. You'll most likely have less clubs because of space and track quantity. I for one only have the wide inside turn kit and 2 WL's. I'd have to buy another wide L and the expansion kit if we decided to use those tiles.

This is why I voted 6.

Now that I've started thinking about it you could limit it to 3 large. Get a count of what each club has as far as track and space. Then say after 5 clubs agree to participate you charge a $20 fee per club for trophy's. The club gets the trophy instead of the individual. You could score it up as total laps for the club and say make it a minimum of racers on the track instead of 3.

Kris

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 09:08 PM
Very nice poll here Briankstan, very nice indeed.
Is they’re a reason why you don’t take into account modified motors, as well as an open or outlaw class?
Cheers

briankstan
2008.10.01, 12:31 AM
Very nice poll here Briankstan, very nice indeed.
Is they’re a reason why you don’t take into account modified motors, as well as an open or outlaw class?
Cheers

basically they are to fast for the smaller tracks we run, a consist steady pace will typically out pace a faster car, simply because there is a point that the cars become to much to handle for the smaller tracks.

the goal was to develope a "stock" class racing series and maximize the # of participants. after discussing this with the existing clubs and member at the time (3 years ago) this is where we ended up.

not to bad considering that we have had over 150 individuals compete.

eztuner12
2008.10.01, 12:15 PM
Hello Briankstan
Can you please recommend me a good fast stock motor eligible to use on HFAY I will give it a try again. I really make to many mistakes with slow motors and hate to hit the sidewalls, very embarrassing to me, with slower motors Iam always anticipating my actions mainly at turns, very embarrassing, so much that just have to let it go and go back to modified, with modified motor Iam totally in control no mistakes, no side walls hitting, no action anticipation, practically perfect runs. Indeed I have what is called a heavy trigger finger, I pull it very hard and react fast with slow motors, even my eyes go faster than the car, it has been like that for ever.
Need your help man
Thx
Cheers
Sorry Iam invading this thread. But really need help.

briankstan
2008.10.01, 12:30 PM
Hello Briankstan
Can you please recommend me a good fast stock motor eligible to use on HFAY I will give it a try again. I really make to many mistakes with slow motors and hate to hit the sidewalls, very embarrassing to me, with slower motors Iam always anticipating my actions mainly at turns, very embarrassing, so mush that just have to let it go and go back to modified, with modified motor Iam totally in control no mistakes, no side walls hitting, no action anticipation, practically perfect runs. Indeed I have what is called a heavy trigger finger, I pull it very hard and react fast with slow motors, even my eyes go faster than the car, it has been like that for ever.
Need your help man
Thx
Cheers
Sorry Iam invading this thread. But really need help.

no worries, this poll is over anyway. have you tried the HFAY Spec PN motor? it's a 70 turn that got descent torque and speed.

I'll have some more in stock soon, I sold out of them

eztuner12
2008.10.03, 09:40 PM
Thank you,
Iguess I'll try it;)
Cheers