PDA

View Full Version : HFAY ESC questions.

briankstan
2008.03.20, 01:18 PM
do you plan on changing out all the boards in your Mini-Z? please answer the poll above.

Spoon
2008.03.20, 03:35 PM
I am planning on selling the current ones and probably buying new 2.4 cars. I don't know if that counts as "upgrading" them but that seemed to be the closest. I may keep one 27MHZ car so maybe I should have checked that one too.
:D

arch2b
2008.03.20, 04:22 PM
i'll keep my am boards but upgrade everything i can to 2.4 just for the convience if it all.

rharris
2008.03.20, 05:16 PM
I've already upgraded my stock class car. By upgrade, I mean bought a new 2.4 car and stuck all the old race car's parts on it.

Stock AM is no fun at the PN track. Too much interference with all the PK3's. Unless you were dead center on the stand, and had the correct freq and a brand new crystal it was glitch city.

It got so bad that I quit racing stock and started racing Mod AWD and Mod Pan just so I could use my AD band Boards. But now that 2.4 is legal in the PN leagues, I'll be upgrading my two mod cars and my F1 to 2.4 once the Helios module comes out.

imxlr8ed
2008.03.20, 05:30 PM
I thought we we're all kind of agreeing on the "2 of any type fet per channel" rule? This poll may generate some confusion as to our intentions.

Like I've stated before... I think our best route is to just open it up and limit using motor only. If I get to do HFAY this year, I would sooner re-fet an AM board with double-stack of 3010s to keep up with the 2.4s and AD Bands, rather than buy a new 2.4 ESC. (but that's not listed in the poll)

Opening up the electronics will place HFAY more in theme with the vast majority of any RC racing out there, racing with battery and motor limitations only.

Just food for thought once again.

briankstan
2008.03.20, 05:39 PM
I'm more just felling out what people are planning on doing with their cars.

I know some will just hold back on the 2.4's because of the cost. Other classes were mentioned and there is a seperate poll on that.

Just looking for a general concensius of what the pickings will be for adding additional classes or combining them in to one.

imxlr8ed
2008.03.20, 05:45 PM
Oh yeah... Happy B-day Brian! :D

I know... I'm just a bit paranoid here and trying to keep tabs really... it's all hitting at once again! Guess I'm worried I'll check in here and find I have to write 4 or 5 separate manuals for next Season. :D:rolleyes:

briankstan
2008.03.20, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah... Happy B-day Brian! :D

I know... I'm just a bit paranoid here and trying to keep tabs really... it's all hitting at once again! Guess I'm worried I'll check in here and find I have to write 4 or 5 separate manuals for next Season. :D:rolleyes:

me personally I'm for everthing in one class, aside from the F1. I'd have no fet limits and everyone will run the same Spec Motor.

F1 would be a second race (may or may not have prizes).

we could run a larger layout with the same rules as well?

arch2b
2008.03.20, 07:59 PM
me personally I'm for everthing in one class, aside from the F1. I'd have no fet limits and everyone will run the same Spec Motor.

F1 would be a second race (may or may not have prizes).

we could run a larger layout with the same rules as well?

i don't think we need prizes for everything, although it would be nice, but not required. lets keep the core 2wl the heart of hfay adn everything else is gravy until sponsorship/financing can be resolved. so sense in getting way ahead of ourselves.

i agree with all three, no reason the large layout series coul not follow the same rules.

even the single events could however single events could also be more specialized, or not.

are we both talking about the same things here... additioanl larger seriesand/or larger single event?

imxlr8ed
2008.03.22, 03:46 PM
I never did tidy up the large layout manual... but I'm glad I waited for the 2.4s to hit. If we are going to run a large track event in the off months, I would strongly suggest that we nail down who has what as far as track goes, and room to set it up. I have a thread started on this out there, but few got back to the question. Maybe we should just start a new thread for this once we are absolutely sure this is the route we are going to go.

Big Track Event... I think it's long overdue, and I hope we can get alot of other clubs involved in it.

Prizes... not required, bragging rights are priceless! ;)

TheRinger
2008.03.23, 03:45 PM
I plan on upgrading to 2.4 as soon as the modules for the helios come out. But I'm really waiting for the 2.4 awd's to come out first if they ever do. But I was waiting to see in the meantime if ADband would be legal. All in all I plan on either selling my HFAY mr02 or doing a 2x3 fet stack in it.