PDA

View Full Version : Tie rod toe

dameetz
2008.03.23, 02:24 AM
If i want to make a toe in adjustment, which tie rod should I use? Is it the + deg or the -deg tie rod? I m actually looking for more aggressive steering feel. Pls advice.

Thanks.

Programmers
2008.03.23, 06:42 AM
+ is toe IN I believe and gives you sharper steering.

ocean rodeo
2008.03.23, 10:30 AM
- camber gives you more steering - toe out will give you better on power exiting out of a corner. Hope this helps.

dameetz
2008.03.24, 12:07 AM
+ camber gives you more steering - toe out will give you better on power exiting out of a corner. Hope this helps.

When you say + camber, do you mean the upper half of the wheel tilted inwards to the chassis?

herman
2008.03.24, 01:19 AM
yep... looking at the front of the chassis head on (heading towards you) it'll look something like

/ \ ... kinda exagerated though... top of the tires will be closer than the bottom of the tires... you can get a variety of cambers... they are as easy as changing a knuckle... get a knuckle with either 1 degree, 2 deg or 3 deg camber... there are also knuckles with .5 degree increments... .5 deg, 1.5 deg, 2.5 deg... the higher the degree, the more steering you have and the more sensitive (more turn in) it is to steering...

hope this helps...

dameetz
2008.03.24, 07:28 AM
Ok guys thanks for the help.

Gigibesi
2008.03.25, 10:23 PM
yep... looking at the front of the chassis head on (heading towards you) it'll look something like

/ \ ... kinda exagerated though... top of the tires will be closer than the bottom of the tires... you can get a variety of cambers... they are as easy as changing a knuckle... get a knuckle with either 1 degree, 2 deg or 3 deg camber... there are also knuckles with .5 degree increments... .5 deg, 1.5 deg, 2.5 deg... the higher the degree, the more steering you have and the more sensitive (more turn in) it is to steering...

hope this helps...

isnt more camber eual to more stable and also more uneven wear?

herman
2008.03.26, 04:08 AM
toe in usually runs more stable vs. camber...
if you have camber you will have uneven wear on the tires...

herman
2008.03.27, 02:27 AM
here's more info re:

toe in/out - can be attained by changing tie rod
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28028

camber - can be attained by changing steering knuckles
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27222

hope this helps... :D

RussF
2008.04.09, 11:08 AM
When you say + camber, do you mean the upper half of the wheel tilted inwards to the chassis?

Actually + (positive) camber is a tilting out, or away from the chassis, at the top of the wheel and is seldom if ever used on the front of a car. What you want is - (negative) camber or a tilting inward of the top of the tire towards the chassis.

The links posted above are awesome and worth reading.