PDA

View Full Version : Future Racer in the making.

briankstan
2008.03.23, 06:41 PM
I recorded some vidoe of my boy racing his first MR-02. He was using the i-series nascar before but it was getting alot of interferance in my basement. I decided it was time for the switch.

Don't be to hard on him. He is only 5 years old and improving fast.

Click the image for the video ;)

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/forum/gallery/1/thumb_1_23_03_08_10_29_51_0.JPG (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1172)

mk2kompressor
2008.03.23, 07:19 PM
well i dont think i was much better 10 months ago lol
fair play to him he looks good at it already:)

DJ Kyosho
2008.03.23, 08:24 PM
He seems better than me when I started lol. No doubt, he'll be the next HFAY Director.

briankstan
2008.03.24, 01:51 PM
thanks for the comments guys. He asks me almost every day "Dad, Can I race my car?"

Pretty soon I'll have to talk my wife into bringing him to our races. I know he would have a blast.

I've also got my wife involved with racing. she has raced with us 3 or 4 times in the last month, that is more than the previous 2 years combined. :cool:

briankstan
2008.04.04, 01:51 AM
so we had the HFAY Track setup in the basement for some practice this month. my boy did race in the HFAY races so you will see him on the chart. Probably at the bottom, but he is improving fast. His best times for the track was 50 laps in 8 minutes on the following track, a little better than he did the day we races the official races with the club.

not to shabby for a 5 year old. He starts Kindergarten this fall. I'm a proud Dad to say the least :D

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/Portals/0/files/Tracks/HFAY-Track-18.jpg

cosmicsoul
2008.04.04, 10:23 PM
My son is six and loves to race with me too, he is not quit eas good as your son yet. He can make it around the track without crashing mostly stop and go. I am sure he will get it with more practice. We are interested in participating in the HFAY however we are limited to a 7 tile x 13 tile track be cause of space it definately meets the 2 wide L minimum, we just can't make any of the tracks on the site. Just wondering if you will ever be adding any different configurations for those who are limited to smaller spaces?

Thanks,
Jay

briankstan
2008.04.04, 11:46 PM
My son is six and loves to race with me too, he is not quit eas good as your son yet. He can make it around the track without crashing mostly stop and go. I am sure he will get it with more practice. We are interested in participating in the HFAY however we are limited to a 7 tile x 13 tile track be cause of space it definately meets the 2 wide L minimum, we just can't make any of the tracks on the site. Just wondering if you will ever be adding any different configurations for those who are limited to smaller spaces?

Thanks,
Jay

I'll have to look into what different tracks can be made. I know by eliminating that 1 tile actual makes a big difference in what you can do.

if you have some layouts forward them to me please. :)