PDA

View Full Version : iwaver alum?

slientbob
2008.03.23, 11:33 PM
are the alloy parts good quality?(i think 3racing makes them?) they're the only set i can find for a mzm thats all the same color/brand

Red Team
2008.03.24, 11:22 AM
Geenrally speaking, the allu parts made by 3racing are good quality...but there are some parts that don't fit in their place on my 02M, so I guess it depends on each part, individually. On a Micro T site I've seen a list with allu parts from different manufacturers and near the name of each part, it's written if it fits, if need some adjustments or if it's not working at all. ALL the manufacturers could be found in all 3 situations !

fangel
2008.03.25, 04:58 AM
Red team,
I would like to inform you that we have actually switched company midway.
The metallic parts for 02M and 05 are all made from 3racing, but the parts for AWD and MR-02 are made by another company, hence the quaility difference.
However We have not encounter any problem with thie fitting right now.
I'm not too sure about the fitting situation for Micro T but generally speaking MR-02 and 02M parts fit quite well, however I have noticed from the other post about the top carbon plate for 02M. This is new information to me I'll take some time to find out what is wrong.

JOSEC
2008.03.26, 06:32 PM
I have noticed from the other post about the top carbon plate for 02M. This is new information to me I'll take some time to find out what is wrong.

I thik this is normal, if you compare the original plate and the carbon plate the holes are in the same place.
This distance Between rear holes on carbon plate is minor than the distance of the chasis holes, this is ok. you must adjust the 4 screws for a correct fuction of rear suspension (donīt lock totally the screws).

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8418/wfwefweza0.gif
This diference, make the correct angle for suspension lateral movements.

GREETINGS JOSEC...
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH:-)

fangel
2008.03.27, 12:23 AM
I think you are right about this, but having the shock on a tilt might create some mounting problem, since it was not originally design to be like this.
Thanks for the information.